• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE

All I want to see are monsters/murderers (reds), alliance/guild members (greens) and oranges (enemies or EoO mobs). Unless I specifically pull a blue player's bar, I never want to see them.
Same as the above for me, other than yellow bar of the NPC that turns into the boss.[/QUOTE]
If you don't want to see blues just turn them off :D
The boss bar doesn't work at the moment, it will in the next patch...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm having trouble with MOB healthbars, they're all showing 100%, then they die. Sometimes one will show a random number like 68%, but they're almost always 100%.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having trouble with MOB healthbars, they're all showing 100%, then they die. Sometimes one will show a random number like 68%, but they're almost always 100%.
there is something that cuts the status update from the server, if you find a clue, or more specifically what happened just before it stopped updating, I may be able to find a workaround to this....

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet Healthbars are still not working correctly. Just took my pet out and he showed 100% health. Took him to Compassion and fought a couple of rat archers and showed 92%, healed him, still showed 92 health. Logged out back in, healthbar was normal, went and killed a few daemons and his bar showed me heal him to 92% and then stopped but bandages said he was full health.

I have no idea which errors refer to this, these 3 are the last ones I think.
Source: WinIOError
ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\43535163_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.
[18/07/12][10:44:15] Error in function call 'WindowGetId': Window Hotbar15 does not exist
[18/07/12][10:44:15] Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
on every health bar mobs and followers, by switching healthbar updates from Pinco's default 5 seconds to realtime fixed my issue.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Looks like if I run offscreen so the healthbar disappears and then back, I get the right healthbar percentage.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on every health bar mobs and followers, by switching healthbar updates from Pinco's default 5 seconds to realtime fixed my issue.
This will eat your performance, be careful :D

Pet Healthbars are still not working correctly. Just took my pet out and he showed 100% health. Took him to Compassion and fought a couple of rat archers and showed 92%, healed him, still showed 92 health. Logged out back in, healthbar was normal, went and killed a few daemons and his bar showed me heal him to 92% and then stopped but bandages said he was full health.

I have no idea which errors refer to this, these 3 are the last ones I think.
Source: WinIOError
ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\43535163_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.
[18/07/12][10:44:15] Error in function call 'WindowGetId': Window Hotbar15 does not exist
[18/07/12][10:44:15] Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
Looks like if I run offscreen so the healthbar disappears and then back, I get the right healthbar percentage.
This confirm that after a while the status update gets cut off from the server. In the next patch I'll add a system that reconnect the status update every 10s of inactivity, this should keep them more stable unless the connection is lost continuously... in that case it will require a constant reconnection (which will be costly for the performance). Anyway we'll see how it goes :D

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Pinco my 4 year old i5 is at 51% max, smooth performance at 60 seems fine, am getting random crashes though even tho i've got a practically fresh install and I've never once used the default EC client. I'm Curious about constant logs and warnings being generating can lead to crashes, almost every second I have a warning in my logs about 3 hotbars and their text is "cut off", I'm not sure what this means and it's telling me the number of the hotbar and button but I don't know how to indentify numbers of hotbars, if even possible!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco my 4 year old i5 is at 51% max, smooth performance at 60 seems fine, am getting random crashes though even tho i've got a practically fresh install and I've never once used the default EC client. I'm Curious about constant logs and warnings being generating can lead to crashes, almost every second I have a warning in my logs about 3 hotbars and their text is "cut off", I'm not sure what this means and it's telling me the number of the hotbar and button but I don't know how to indentify numbers of hotbars, if even possible!
the main log is generated by default from the client, I've just separated them per session otherwise it will be erased everytime. The errors folder is another pairs of hand, is more useful since only errors are put there and if all is fine it should stay empty :p

In any case, the main reason for crashes (that I noticed) is anchoring a window element to something that doesn't exist or something created after, or attaching a window to a mobile that is no longer on screen. In the next patch I've already included some protections for those cases, but they are not 100% effective. Mainly because when you're running screen after screen or recalling away, maybe the client is creating the name label for a mobile in the exact same instant that you are getting away from it, so by the time it creates it the mobile is no longer there and you crash... also (as Dizzy pointed out not long ago), sometimes using the last object macro with certain items makes you crash (still need to find out which items).
Anyway, there are many bugs and stuff that don't work as it's supposed to inside the client, that's the price of a game with 2 clients and not enough people to work on it :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right-clicking a macro icon on the hotbar and clicking clear isn't emptying the slot, just blanking the icon. This makes you unable to place the macro in another slot.

This brings up the issue of not having an easy way (is there ANY way?) to move macros/actions to different slots...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right-clicking a macro icon on the hotbar and clicking clear isn't emptying the slot, just blanking the icon. This makes you unable to place the macro in another slot.

This brings up the issue of not having an easy way (is there ANY way?) to move macros/actions to different slots...
you have to SHIFT then drag to move stuff around... I'll take care of the clear problem :p

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still having problems with Health Bars not updating under the new system. This was never an issue before your new mobiles. Pet doesn't update and mobs don't either. I tried changing the Update Delay to different values including realtime.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still having problems with Health Bars not updating under the new system. This was never an issue before your new mobiles. Pet doesn't update and mobs don't either. I tried changing the Update Delay to different values including realtime.
Me too, still.
until I release the patch you won't see any changes :D
Anyway the old system did not had the problem because it used a brute force refresh, forcing the bar to update every second. That system is effective, but not good for performance, also the client is designed to keep the connection with the server and receive updates when the status changes, so I'd rather make things to work as they are supposed to before using rough methods that cause lag.

Also I'm trying to find a workaround for the lag problem during the EM events, even if it's core design issue of the client, maybe I can find a way...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe a manual refresh button?
ehehhe that would be funny indeed :D
I just imagine someone in the middle of a champion spawn clicking all bars like a madman to see the hp of friends and foes :lol:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More macro issues... When I try to set a hotkey, and the system claims its already in use (about 75% of the time it is NOT!) it won't let me set the hotkey to override whatever else it (erroneously) claims is using it. Clicking the OK button does nothing.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When do you expect to get the patch that is supposed to repair all these nonworking hotbars? Sure looking forward to it, I went to the roof today on my tamer and boy what a mess, good thing I have great guildmates that kept me and my pet alive.

I will say I am liking these new hotbars and when I figure out how to best
use all of them and all the bugs get fixed they're gonna be awesome!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More macro issues... When I try to set a hotkey, and the system claims its already in use (about 75% of the time it is NOT!) it won't let me set the hotkey to override whatever else it (erroneously) claims is using it. Clicking the OK button does nothing.
Do you get any error in the logs?

When do you expect to get the patch that is supposed to repair all these nonworking hotbars? Sure looking forward to it, I went to the roof today on my tamer and boy what a mess, good thing I have great guildmates that kept me and my pet alive.

I will say I am liking these new hotbars and when I figure out how to best
use all of them and all the bugs get fixed they're gonna be awesome!!
As soon as I finish animal lore :p
In the meantime I also hope to get an idea on how to fix the lag on EM events, but since the problem is caused in the client core it's probably impossible to fix from the UI...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you get any error in the logs?
Script Call failed - Error while calling [UO_StandardDialog.OnLButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:2421: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

Also this one, over and over:
Error in function call 'WindowGetId': Window Hotbar5 does not exist

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you remade the journal window, is there any way to copy text directly out of it on the fly, as its being said by someone (else)?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Script Call failed - Error while calling [UO_StandardDialog.OnLButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:2421: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

Also this one, over and over:
Error in function call 'WindowGetId': Window Hotbar5 does not exist
ok, I found the problem, it will be fixed in the next patch :)

for the other 2 errors I'm gonna need a copy of your profile so I can see what's wrong... it looks like there is a ghost hotbar or somehting lingering around :D

Since you remade the journal window, is there any way to copy text directly out of it on the fly, as its being said by someone (else)?
Since clicking the line pin the bar of whoever is saying it, I can do that if you press CTRL, it sends the text to EC Playsound and copy it (unfortunately there is no way to handle the clipboard from the UI...)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for the other 2 errors I'm gonna need a copy of your profile so I can see what's wrong... it looks like there is a ghost hotbar or somehting lingering around :D
Will send it in a PM.

Since clicking the line pin the bar of whoever is saying it, I can do that if you press CTRL, it sends the text to EC Playsound and copy it (unfortunately there is no way to handle the clipboard from the UI...)
So Ctrl-Left-click a line in the Journal and Playsound will copy it? That sounds like a workable method!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will send it in a PM.

So Ctrl-Left-click a line in the Journal and Playsound will copy it? That sounds like a workable method!
yes, just like that :D
if you drag the name it creates the healthbar of the one who's speaking (if he's around you), CTRL + CLICK will copy the message :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes, just like that :D
if you drag the name it creates the healthbar of the one who's speaking (if he's around you), CTRL + CLICK will copy the message :)
I assume this will require a future patch before it works?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assume this will require a future patch before it works?
yep, it will be on the next patch :D
Assuming I manage to finish this creatures DB nightmare... everytime I reach the bottom, there is something else to add :/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was there a solution to this?
that's a problem of the stupid gump for the balance, that gump sometimes don't come up and you have to re-open the bankbox... it happens in any client and any UI :/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could also just say "balance" near a banker NPC...
yeah but the buttons to do all the stuff (especially for EJ accounts) don't appear by doing that... and for EJ accounts means that you can't even deposit items inside the bankbox :D

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I found the "pinned" dockspot, upper right corner, under where I drag my chat screen. So I dragged it to a better spot on the left.

When I log out and back in, "pinned" is back in the upper right under the chat screen.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found the "pinned" dockspot, upper right corner, under where I drag my chat screen. So I dragged it to a better spot on the left.

When I log out and back in, "pinned" is back in the upper right under the chat screen.
do you get any error when it happens?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nothing on screen. I can look at log files tomorrow and see.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the UI patcher runs, the first thing it does is check for an internet connection... If that fails for whatever reason, the patcher will instafail EVERY TIME it's run until you either reboot or disconnect and reconnect from your modem/router.

It does this even when I know my connection is stable.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the UI patcher runs, the first thing it does is check for an internet connection... If that fails for whatever reason, the patcher will instafail EVERY TIME it's run until you either reboot or disconnect and reconnect from your modem/router.

It does this even when I know my connection is stable.
do you use a proxy server? because the connection check is a pretty simple call to google.com, if there is no reply in 60s che check fails...
If you use win 8 or 10 it just pick up the connection status from the system.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do you use a proxy server? because the connection check is a pretty simple call to google.com, if there is no reply in 60s che check fails...
If you use win 8 or 10 it just pick up the connection status from the system.
Win10, no proxy.

After it fails the first time, it either never actually checks again at relaunch or something causes it to reuse old data. Only rebooting or resetting the connection manually fixes it. It's weird behavior.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco doing the quest to kill Insane Dryads in the Grove and the Update message just keeps saying 0 Left to kill instead of the #. No errors in my log.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bank gump still doesn't work on any of my accounts so I can't use the transfer part of the gump. No balance and when you ask minter for balance, none of the other stats come up. Been this way now for 2 weeks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bank gump still doesn't work on any of my accounts so I can't use the transfer part of the gump. No balance and when you ask minter for balance, none of the other stats come up. Been this way now for 2 weeks.
It should work better with the next patch...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just discovered something interesting today!
Let's just say that with this discovery, I should be able to make a search box for the jewelry box :D
The only problem is I don't have one to test with, so if any of you can transfer one with some stuff in it to TC, I'll be able to do add the search box :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, after a few tries, I managed to find the best way to achieve the result with the jewelry box:

It works exacly like the container search, each word you put will add an additional pattern, the main difference is that the items that matches what you are looking for will be highlighed instead of having a list with only those. Since the jewelry box items data is generated page by page, there was no other (nice) way to do it :)
The filter will be applied on each page automatically, even if you close the jewelry box the filter remains. It will reset if you do it manually with the X or by logging out.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When can we look forward to the patch that cures the healthbar ills? Any idea? It seems like mine works until I get with my guild and then with all the friends/party/monsters it just goes haywire and logging out and back in only cures it for a minute. It's really acute now that I am running a Tamer to go to the roof and some other guildhunt spots.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When can we look forward to the patch that cures the healthbar ills? Any idea? It seems like mine works until I get with my guild and then with all the friends/party/monsters it just goes haywire and logging out and back in only cures it for a minute. It's really acute now that I am running a Tamer to go to the roof and some other guildhunt spots.
I still have to finish the animal lore gump and few other little things.
I'm doing tests to replicate that nasty problem (it seems fine for now, but you never know :D ).
And I'm also checking as much creatures as I can to see if the body ID and colors are correct... anyway there is a lot of stuff in this patch that requires extra testing, and I don't have any minion to do it for me :D

In the meantime if you have ideas about the animal lore gump, let me know :)

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't have an error for it, but every time I change my mastery, I'm forced to reload the client to use the new abilities. Passives are fine, so I know it switched

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have an error for it, but every time I change my mastery, I'm forced to reload the client to use the new abilities. Passives are fine, so I know it switched
That's already fixed in the next patch :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope it comes out soon, I felt like a total dumbass this morning at our guildhunt. We did Blackthorn Dungeon which with our mix and choice of characters entails a high level of cross healing. I'm sitting here with 6 guildmates healthbars up and they all say 100% health - all the time!!! ----- and my guildies can heal fast enough to keep us alive but I'm not healing anyone because I can't even see who is low or even getting low on health. Also about half the time the boss's bar that we were fighting did not even exist to me and I couldn't even help kill anything.