• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so 100% if you try and resize the scale button it will return to default size, could be seen as nice safety feature tho xD

Certain hotbars keep resizing when scaled, these hotbars contain just regular character stats like DCI/FC/FCR etc, I have a weight capacity in it's own hotbar and scaling will not save on that 100%. I have 2 other hotbars on their own, one contains Fame and other total gold amount and they resize to default....eventually, I really don't know what's going on, maybe I should make new hotbars because I did them before a few small updates you made an hour or so ago? Also don't know if it helps but I play fullscreen borderless.

Btw on the feedback I like the new mobiles/party changes, just a shame the follower's isn't a seperate thing because ultimately you would want that scaled to be bigger as it's an important healthbar + you did a great GUI/added feature job and added lore etc options but resizing it would make the mobiles/party/pinned large too which is a big no no.

so in total I always scale - Health/mana/stamina bar, handful of hotbars with character stats and general options (house security, loot bag etc), 1 hotbar with kit switch, 3 skill bars.
so hotbars don't save in general... have you tried something else like the paperdoll, map, etc..?

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so hotbars don't save in general... have you tried something else like the paperdoll, map, etc..?
Ok I found an issue, I was testing scaling the map, I made it large in the middle of my screen and locked it, logged out and back in and literally every single hotbar has matched the amount of scaling I gave the map! After that I tried to see if scaling down the map would make everything else scale with it again but the hotbars just stayed large, I resized everything and it's just doing the same thing now and leaving hotbars at default size and scaling up the map doesn't do anything to the hot bars anymore, at the moment I guess anyway.

edit - 10 minutes after this I just tried scaling one button up "weight capacity" , after a relog it scaled up every hotbar I had exactly like what happened to me earlier with the map.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I found an issue, I was testing scaling the map, I made it large in the middle of my screen and locked it, logged out and back in and literally every single hotbar has matched the amount of scaling I gave the map! After that I tried to see if scaling down the map would make everything else scale with it again but the hotbars just stayed large, I resized everything and it's just doing the same thing now and leaving hotbars at default size and scaling up the map doesn't do anything to the hot bars anymore, at the moment I guess anyway.

edit - 10 minutes after this I just tried scaling one button up "weight capacity" , after a relog it scaled up every hotbar I had exactly like what happened to me earlier with the map.
it should work now :)

I've also added the feature you wanted to scale separately each dockspot :D

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok it's 100% recreatable with the general hotbar (paperdoll, skills, quests, guild etc), If I resize that to whatever size all the hotbars will match that size on next relog, I'm not sure if that was my issue all along or if other things are sometimes connected too, I hope not because that wouldn't make sense? I'll try doing all my scaling without touching the general bar at all.

Edit :

it should work now :)

I've also added the feature you wanted to scale separately each dockspot :D
Ok I just used your patcher and the scaling of the general bar is fine and doesn't affect other bars anymore, hopefully it's resolved I'll let you know, thanks for fast work :]

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm... Maybe mobs subject to EoO should automatically jump to the pinned category so they are more-or-less grouped by themselves?

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
BUG

Problem, me and my buddy have been doing some hunting and there is a view corpse cointainer bug that even ends up crashing the client. We both have grid view cointainer's selected in options, when we go to view the corpse initially it will contain zero items, then using the change container view button (green swirl button thing) and therefore switch to legacy view the items will be there. If you end up pressing the button over and over again you'll see the items in the grid view too, the problem then is after a while of doing this it will no longer end up working, none of it will, you'll see no items in any view and the client will crash in a few moments.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... Maybe mobs subject to EoO should automatically jump to the pinned category so they are more-or-less grouped by themselves?
you can make a filter only for those and switch to it with an hotkey...moving them all to pinned means 10/10 always full in places like champion spawn, and since they don't go away by themself it will be insane to keep it clean :D

BUG

Problem, me and my buddy have been doing some hunting and there is a view corpse cointainer bug that even ends up crashing the client. We both have grid view cointainer's selected in options, when we go to view the corpse initially it will contain zero items, then using the change container view button (green swirl button thing) and therefore switch to legacy view the items will be there. If you end up pressing the button over and over again you'll see the items in the grid view too, the problem then is after a while of doing this it will no longer end up working, none of it will, you'll see no items in any view and the client will crash in a few moments.
try like this, if it happens again, check for errors in the log viewer...

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Same thing, try to view any corpse loot and eventually crash, hope this is what your after:

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/ItemPropertiesInfo.lua"]:2766: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.ToggleView]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/ItemPropertiesInfo.lua"]:2766: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

edit - 'Default Border Color' always sets to its grey default after relog.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same thing, try to view any corpse loot and eventually crash, hope this is what your after:

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.ToggleView]:

edit - 'Default Border Color' always sets to its grey default after relog.
ok, those are gone, let's see if now it works :D

I've added the target protection system with the last patch, let me know if you like it or not :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got this mornings patch and now I cannot Sacred Journey from a rune in my pack nor from a default in a runebook. Have no idea which error pertains to that, only played for about an hour and have almost a full page of errors, have no idea which ones pertain to this action.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm having the same issue as Parnoc. I cannot Sacred Journey from targeting an atlas, though I can from using buttons inside.

The error I'm getting is:
Unable to load 'Data/Interface/Default/Source/Gumps/Crafting Tool/CraftingTool.xml'

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I have just opened a different character and he can recall fine from runebook or rune. Yes, same as Dot, can recall by using the entry in the book, just can't use the "set default" nor a separated rune in my pack with either grid, list or legendary.
Before I opened 2 chars on 2 different accounts and both of them had the same problem, this one that works is from one of those accounts but it works. I have rebooted my computer 2 times so far today also and still the same problem.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got this mornings patch and now I cannot Sacred Journey from a rune in my pack nor from a default in a runebook. Have no idea which error pertains to that, only played for about an hour and have almost a full page of errors, have no idea which ones pertain to this action.
I forgot those spell in the target protection :lol:

I'll make a very quick list of the spells that requires an object, let me know if I miss something (it's 5am so...):
recall, mark, sacred journey, gate travel, magic lock, unlock, magic trap, magic untrap, dispel field, sacred journey.

try now, if I forgot a spell let me know :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Works fine now, thank you, sorry to wake you up but you can't imagine how it makes us feel to have you respond like you do. We're definitely not used to this with "other" folks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Works fine now, thank you, sorry to wake you up but you can't imagine how it makes us feel to have you respond like you do. We're definitely not used to this with "other" folks.
no problem, with the heat there is here is hard to sleep anyway :D

Anyway, let me know if the spell distance is ok too, oh and remember that the target protection doesn't work if you target a mobile directly from the world :p

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ye thx very much for speedy fix on loot corpse! Would be super nice if hotbar 'Default Border Color' would save a color for that flashy gui look but I can understand it's not a priority right now :)

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Was doubleclicking some miasma corpses and crash.

Source: WinIOError
ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

When I reloaded the client a handful of items were invisible in my backpack until i completely exited the game (relog would not resolve it), the items were bag of sending, a backpack, 3 set items, gold.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Why does the chat icon disappear from the menu bar when I load Pinco's?

<HotbarItem itemIndex="6">
<UserAction type="UserCommand" id="5008" iconId="860008" targetType="Cursor" text="script Actions.ToggleChatWindow()" />
</HotbarItem>

This line gets deleted. Even if I put it back in, it gets deleted.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ye thx very much for speedy fix on loot corpse! Would be super nice if hotbar 'Default Border Color' would save a color for that flashy gui look but I can understand it's not a priority right now :)
I'm looking into it :D

Was doubleclicking some miasma corpses and crash.

Source: WinIOError
ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

When I reloaded the client a handful of items were invisible in my backpack until i completely exited the game (relog would not resolve it), the items were bag of sending, a backpack, 3 set items, gold.
have you tried to disable the loot sort and see if it still happens?

Why does the chat icon disappear from the menu bar when I load Pinco's?

<HotbarItem itemIndex="6">
<UserAction type="UserCommand" id="5008" iconId="860008" targetType="Cursor" text="script Actions.ToggleChatWindow()" />
</HotbarItem>

This line gets deleted. Even if I put it back in, it gets deleted.
because it doesn't exist that action... it's all integrated in the chat line...

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Disable loot sort? tell me how because this is way past me as I've checked options and hotkeys I can't see anything to turn it off.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
seen! xD

Ok will let you know if any container crashes in future...

edit - so loot sorting is definetly off and i just crashed easily doing exactly the same thing, I double clicked on a load of miasma corpses, leave them open and cascading one after the other and in a short moment crash.

Error logs don't show anything I think.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having the same issue as Parnoc. I cannot Sacred Journey from targeting an atlas, though I can from using buttons inside.

The error I'm getting is:
Unable to load 'Data/Interface/Default/Source/Gumps/Crafting Tool/CraftingTool.xml'
oh I almost forgot, what was the macro you couldn't edit?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
because it doesn't exist that action... it's all integrated in the chat line...
Yes, but if I'm forced to unload Pinco's for some reason, then I can no longer get to the chat functions in the plain vanilla EC.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but if I'm forced to unload Pinco's for some reason, then I can no longer get to the chat functions in the plain vanilla EC.
if you are forced to default is because there is a bug, so you report it, I fix it and the problem is solved :p

making the UI retro-compatible is like putting a saddle instead of a car seat, you can do it, but the result will be far from good in so many levels :D

If you really need to use the default UI, just keep another user setting folder for when you switch to it. Also remember that switching so often between UI fills the profile with a lot of garbage that after a while ends up to be toxic.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you really need to use the default UI, just keep another user setting folder for when you switch to it. Also remember that switching so often between UI fills the profile with a lot of garbage that after a while ends up to be toxic.
Hm, I never knew that

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh I almost forgot, what was the macro you couldn't edit?
Pretty much any macro at this point. I can create a brand new macro, like to say something and then wait for a second or two and the say something again or put a piece of armor on etc.... if I go back in to edit, I can't change the text, or clear the delay value, etc. Sometimes nothing can be edited. It's very inconsistent.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pretty much any macro at this point. I can create a brand new macro, like to say something and then wait for a second or two and the say something again or put a piece of armor on etc.... if I go back in to edit, I can't change the text, or clear the delay value, etc. Sometimes nothing can be edited. It's very inconsistent.
For me it's been a case of you have to hover the mouse over the very top of the function to get that specific functions options up, otherwise rightclicking just seems to pick any function/delay in your macro!

Me and my buddy getting very random item invisibles inside backpack/containers, you can still hover over them and use them they are just invisible.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
macros are fixed now :)

For me it's been a case of you have to hover the mouse over the very top of the function to get that specific functions options up, otherwise rightclicking just seems to pick any function/delay in your macro!

Me and my buddy getting very random item invisibles inside backpack/containers, you can still hover over them and use them they are just invisible.
I can't replicate this, what style of backpack (grid/list/freeform) are you using? also does the invisible items have common properties? Have you checked for errors?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
When I drag a container out of a secure container into my backpack in grid mode, the container becomes invisible.
Not sure if this is the light log, but I found a lua[06-06-2018 15-39-07].log :

[18/07/06][15:41:45] [Error]: Script Call failed - No Lua State

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And on my vendor, only things in the main pack are visible. Contents of containers are invisible:

Everything in the top pack is visible:
upload_2018-7-6_16-13-18.png

But open any container and you get:

upload_2018-7-6_16-13-59.png

You can clearly see there are 27 items in this container, but I cannot see them.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I drag a container out of a secure container into my backpack in grid mode, the container becomes invisible.
Not sure if this is the light log, but I found a lua[06-06-2018 15-39-07].log :

[18/07/06][15:41:45] [Error]: Script Call failed - No Lua State
for the errors you have to right click EC Playsound and use the log viewer. anyway, I'll check this out now...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And on my vendor, only things in the main pack are visible. Contents of containers are invisible:

Everything in the top pack is visible:
View attachment 83705

But open any container and you get:

View attachment 83706

You can clearly see there are 27 items in this container, but I cannot see them.
I just tried several vendors and locked containers and things are showing correctly... have you tried with the last patch? perhaps that fixed the problem before you posted it :D

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Me and my mate use grid, I think invisible items are random, sorry can't remember time of errors too busy treasure hunting.

On hunts I got a bigger issue atm, mobile bar hp/mp's aren't updating the worst being pet follower health is not updating, my cu died twice on treasure hunting so these past few hours have been rough!

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I just tried several vendors and locked containers and things are showing correctly... have you tried with the last patch? perhaps that fixed the problem before you posted it
Problem still exists. Oddly, I opened that container and all the items were visible. Then I opened a 2nd one, it was invisible. Then I re-opened the first one... and everything was invisible again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and my mate use grid, I think invisible items are random, sorry can't remember time of errors too busy treasure hunting.

On hunts I got a bigger issue atm, mobile bar hp/mp's aren't updating the worst being pet follower health is not updating, my cu died twice on treasure hunting so these past few hours have been rough!
try like this, but the healthbars bug is an annoying thing that sometimes pop up no matter what UI you use :D

basically when you create an healthbars you create a connection between server and client to receive updates on that mobile. Sometimes that connection is severed and the client is stupid enough to not know that :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem still exists. Oddly, I opened that container and all the items were visible. Then I opened a 2nd one, it was invisible. Then I re-opened the first one... and everything was invisible again.
I'll keep searching :/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try now, I've opened like 30 sub-containers in different vendors around luna without problems...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, while I do like some of the aspects of the new health bar system, the one thing I don't like is mixing the attackables in with the friendlies. Did a guild hunt of Scalis tonight and the mixing of bad mobs in with my guildies was driving me crazy. Can we get one set of Bars for Blues, Greens and Yellows and one for Red, Gray and Orange?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, but somebody bought something. Now there's only 25 items. Are you using your own vendor? That's what I'm doing.
I'll try again to put more stuff in it, maybe it wasn't enough...

@Pinco, while I do like some of the aspects of the new health bar system, the one thing I don't like is mixing the attackables in with the friendlies. Did a guild hunt of Scalis tonight and the mixing of bad mobs in with my guildies was driving me crazy. Can we get one set of Bars for Blues, Greens and Yellows and one for Red, Gray and Orange?
is pointless the cap is 20 bars. You have to create sevaral filter set and put 1 action per set in an hotbar then use that to switch between one and the other.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When doing spawns and hunts with a large group that's not partied, it's not very practical to try to keep switching. I set my Greens to 10 to compensate but the Grays move around too much inside that box to keep it easy to target. I'll continue to play with it but I really liked the separation under the old system so I didn't accidently attack or sic a pet on a guildmate. I do love the Pinned Bars and the Party bars but would love to see the 20 Mobile bars have one side for Green, Blue & Yellow and the other side Grey, Red and Orange.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When doing spawns and hunts with a large group that's not partied, it's not very practical to try to keep switching. I set my Greens to 10 to compensate but the Grays move around too much inside that box to keep it easy to target. I'll continue to play with it but I really liked the separation under the old system so I didn't accidently attack or sic a pet on a guildmate. I do love the Pinned Bars and the Party bars but would love to see the 20 Mobile bars have one side for Green, Blue & Yellow and the other side Grey, Red and Orange.
but if you do champion spawns like lord oaks with a lot of blues it will be the same problem, also if you play with a friend who is red it will be listed in the enemies part...

Nope, but somebody bought something. Now there's only 25 items. Are you using your own vendor? That's what I'm doing.
I filled the vendor and still the items are visible... I'm starting to think that is more about the type of containers or one of the items you put inside... also have you checked if there is any new error?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made th action updating the bars faster, so it will be almost instant the change :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm getting errors with the UI updater. It's trying and failing to download CreaturesDB.~csv. ~csv? I'm thinking that is causing the problem...

Also, I have to agree about the mixing of the bars, it's not helpful to have them all in a mush. I miss the old dock spots.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Blues from Oaks are not really an issue since if I plan on attacking them it won't be by accident. Friendly Reds being in the Red/Orange/Grey box won't be an issue either. It's really when they're all jumbled together in a single box. Granted it's only been active a few days and I may get used to it eventually but I really liked the separation of friendly vs attackables. BTW I didn't have very much lag with the new system on tonights hunt and there were more than 20 guildmates/pets there. The real test will be on Tuesday at the GL event.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting errors with the UI updater. It's trying and failing to download CreaturesDB.~csv. ~csv? I'm thinking that is causing the problem...

Also, I have to agree about the mixing of the bars, it's not helpful to have them all in a mush. I miss the old dock spots.
try now, that file shouldn't exist :D

The Blues from Oaks are not really an issue since if I plan on attacking them it won't be by accident. Friendly Reds being in the Red/Orange/Grey box won't be an issue either. It's really when they're all jumbled together in a single box. Granted it's only been active a few days and I may get used to it eventually but I really liked the separation of friendly vs attackables. BTW I didn't have very much lag with the new system on tonights hunt and there were more than 20 guildmates/pets there. The real test will be on Tuesday at the GL event.
yeah but having more dockspot is not the answer, besides adding more dockspots is not an option since it will require to re-write most of system once again.... but probably I can find a way to add an option to use the 2 columns of the mobile bar and use 1 for friends and 1 for foes...

First I need to finish the creatures DB data entry... I have about 100 more monsters to complete it. Speaking of which is there anyone here who knows the body ID of the great ape? :D

Last edited:

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
try like this, but the healthbars bug is an annoying thing that sometimes pop up no matter what UI you use :D

basically when you create an healthbars you create a connection between server and client to receive updates on that mobile. Sometimes that connection is severed and the client is stupid enough to not know that :D
Sorry I don't buy that Pinco, Europa didn't seem to be lagging in any way, the server is always pretty much lag free and I have a solid 33ms and I never use wireless.

I've been playing UO pretty much non stop all last week and your older client I was non stop throwing in my Cu into lvl 6/7 treasure map spawns, Miasma's, Cu farming and it's health getting rekt, basically my Cu was in action sooooo much for last week and the follower health/mana info was ALWAYS updating with zero issues.

Edit - Also I've only had the client up for 5 min this morning, a backpack inside my backpack went invis by dragging it somewhere else, I had multiples so I tested the rest and it was fairly easy to get all of them invisible. The logs are showing hundreds of warnings "text is cut off in lebal hotbarxxbuttonxstats." and one noteable warning that popped up after every hundreth "text is cut off".

Warning: Calling 'DestroyWindow' on window 'ContainerWindow_1115849120GridViewSocket20' has been deferred because this window or one of its children is active

only error I had in whole morning : [18/07/07][07:48:10] <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/GumpsParsing.lua"]:753: attempt to index local 'mobileData' (a nil value)

Edit2 - ok found the issue, When you unmount from a pet their HP info will stay at 100% until you heal it, never used to do this before :p It doesn't happen 100% of the time by high enough to notice!

Last edited: