• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I tried to open a random vendor container and then others but it's working fine for me... have you checked for errors?
No errors.
a) open any secured house container. works fine, can toggle between any container grid mode.
b) open vendor backpack, close
c) open any secured house container. Only classic CC mode is available, toggle no longer works.

Logging out, back in, works fine again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No errors.
a) open any secured house container. works fine, can toggle between any container grid mode.
c) open any secured house container. Only classic CC mode is available, toggle no longer works.

is the vendor yours?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No errors.

try like this, it should cover all cases :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, just looked at mine too and it's 22+GB. I deleted the errors file and it's still over 22GB.
this patch should take care of the problem, I've added a logs cleanup at startup. It will delete any log older than 12 hours and if you have more than 100 errors it will delete the surplus (keeping only the new ones). All this when you start EC Playsound, so it shouldn't bother you later :)

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
this patch should take care of the problem, I've added a logs cleanup at startup. It will delete any log older than 12 hours and if you have more than 100 errors it will delete the surplus (keeping only the new ones). All this when you start EC Playsound, so it shouldn't bother you later :)
well i have no idea what happend but ECplaysound.exe is not starting the game anymore. running the normal UOSA.exe however is.
after i confirm to run as admin it simply vanish

i reinstalled UO AND the UI no change.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lifebars are all messed up for me. I play mostly with 5 to 8 others in a guild and we party and then break the party several times during an evenings hunts for various hunts/bosses. First time is somewhat ok, but after that it's chaos, bars show, some don't show, you can't pull them from their characters, bars get stuck on my cursor, etc etc etc. Frustrating, cause my guildmates are telling me their CC is great now and works the way it should changing party bar to regular and vice versa.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lifebars are all messed up for me. I play mostly with 5 to 8 others in a guild and we party and then break the party several times during an evenings hunts for various hunts/bosses. First time is somewhat ok, but after that it's chaos, bars show, some don't show, you can't pull them from their characters, bars get stuck on my cursor, etc etc etc. Frustrating, cause my guildmates are telling me their CC is great now and works the way it should changing party bar to regular and vice versa.
is your UI starting at all?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is your UI starting at all?
Don't understand.........???

I think the UI has to be working for me to play the game, ECSound is working, Pinco's is working, game is running great except in areas like EM Events and a few very very heavy infested areas. It's
just the ages old problems for me of party bars vs normal bars fighting. I've had that problem for ages but now it is severe.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot start Up with Pinco at all :(
You have to start EC Playsound and wait, since you have millions of logs it will take time to get rid of it all, in the meantime it may look that nothing is happening...
Don't understand.........???

I think the UI has to be working for me to play the game, ECSound is working, Pinco's is working, game is running great except in areas like EM Events and a few very very heavy infested areas. It's
just the ages old problems for me of party bars vs normal bars fighting. I've had that problem for ages but now it is severe.
For populated areas try to disable the boss bar and make sure you have no active quests.
The bars have not changed in ages, the only thing that has changed was inside the client with the last patch...
Check for errors in case there is something new...

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have to start EC Playsound and wait, since you have millions of logs it will take time to get rid of it all, in the meantime it may look that nothing is happening...

For populated areas try to disable the boss bar and make sure you have no active quests.
The bars have not changed in ages, the only thing that has changed was inside the client with the last patch...
Check for errors in case there is something new...
i have 0 logs as i reinstalled the whole game

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
unless you deleted the folder manually the logs will still be there :D
i deleted the folder and made a new one

also i installed new UO and new Pinco

basically i need help. lots of it...

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i deleted the folder and made a new one

also i installed new UO and new Pinco

basically i need help. lots of it...
as usual antivirus, firewall, etc... needs exceptions and the game folder needs full control for "everyone"...

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
as usual antivirus, firewall, etc... needs exceptions and the game folder needs full control for "everyone"...
nothing has changed, permissions are good, FW & AV all good...

the UO Patcher is loading and downloading all files. but then when i click either start uo pathcher or start uo game nothing happens...

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the UO Patcher is loading and downloading all files. but then when i click either start uo pathcher or start uo game nothing happens...
it sounds like ec playsound is gone...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

it can also be the UI installed in the wrong place (it must be unzipped in the main game folder NO SUBFOLDERS).

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it can also be the UI installed in the wrong place (it must be unzipped in the main game folder NO SUBFOLDERS).
i unzipped it directly into the game folder, also the EC playsound exe was there as i was trying to run it directly without a shortcut.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep.. :(

Is There any logging that early?
nope, try to skip the patcher with the -game in the EC Playsound shourtcut... btw does the game starts without EC Playsound? because if you have only used the game installer it still has to download everything...

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
nope, try to skip the patcher with the -game in the EC Playsound shourtcut... btw does the game starts without EC Playsound? because if you have only used the game installer it still has to download everything...
i tried -game i didn do a thing.

yes uo starts fine when i run the normal UOSA.exe

Last edited:

Radgar

Visitor
I just installed the UI today to try it out and I am having the same issue as Finley. I can run the UI patcher fine but EC PlaySound will not run.

Looking in event viewer it is creating a crash log in windows. When I look at the crash log it is basically getting an exception System.IO.DirectoryNotFound

I made sure I copied the contents of the zip straight into the EC game folder and also gave everyone full access to the folder. Also running as admin.

I tried to attach the crash log in a code tag but it thinks it is spam.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just installed the UI today to try it out and I am having the same issue as Finley. I can run the UI patcher fine but EC PlaySound will not run.

Looking in event viewer it is creating a crash log in windows. When I look at the crash log it is basically getting an exception System.IO.DirectoryNotFound

I made sure I copied the contents of the zip straight into the EC game folder and also gave everyone full access to the folder. Also running as admin.

I tried to attach the crash log in a code tag but it thinks it is spam.
what's the exact error your getting in the log?

Radgar

Visitor
what's the exact error your getting in the log?
I'm pretty new to this client so I might not know exactly where to look. But in the logs folder in the client folder, it is not updating any of those log files when I open EC PlaySound. When I do the UI patcher it just updates the patchlog.log

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty new to this client so I might not know exactly where to look. But in the logs folder in the client folder, it is not updating any of those log files when I open EC PlaySound. When I do the UI patcher it just updates the patchlog.log
it's in the errors log viewer, but try now, that partial error gave me an idea and it might be solved :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, with the last patch I've done a little change in the way the healthbars are updated, and this should provide better performance in highly populated areas.
By default the mobile status is updated 3 times simultaneusly each time the health changes or re-enter the screen, same for the name and the health color, and this means that with many healthbars active the UI had to update them like crazy killing your FPS. With the new change, the update cannot occur more often tha once every 1/10 second, which is still fast, but in comparison to 3 times per update is ALOT slower and should provide better performances.

This is the first step towards the transition to a new healthbars system so at each step make sure to report anything suspicious or if the problems starts to pile up there will be a lot of troubles later on :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not a Pincos issue but has anyone else noticed that some vendors (players vendors) and some NPC's now show up in War Mode? This only started happening with the Pub 100 patches.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The City Loyalty part of the character sheet is messed up.

I tried to declare a new character for citizenship in Minoc, but it curiously declared him a citizen of New Magincia instead. Also, the confirmation gump shows a string error instead of a city name.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The City Loyalty part of the character sheet is messed up.

I tried to declare a new character for citizenship in Minoc, but it curiously declared him a citizen of New Magincia instead. Also, the confirmation gump shows a string error instead of a city name.
it should work now :)
it's interesting tho that noone noticed this, since it was broken from the gump rework... probably noone uses the city loyalty at all :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed but forgot to report it. I rarely change loyalty so....

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My NPCs are ready to fight I guess and yeah, I haven't changed city loyalty on a character in ages but tried a few days ago and didn't work so got into CC and did it. Was going to report it and forgot.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This is not a Pincos issue but has anyone else noticed that some vendors (players vendors) and some NPC's now show up in War Mode? This only started happening with the Pub 100 patches.
They make me nervous.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I have noticed this.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After the forced UO patch today, this is what I get when any character gains a skill
Edit: I just tried the default client, and it still shows gains normally

Attachments

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the forced UO patch today, this is what I get when any character gains a skill
Edit: I just tried the default client, and it still shows gains normally
this should fix it, but I won't be able to do any more fix until the new healthbars are ready :D

Also providing feebacks for the New healthbars will be constructive because when they are done, there will be no going back :p

ShadowMage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
every time i start the game since the forced patch using the ui it just keeps giving me "connection lost" when i hit login, starting the game sans ui works normally...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
every time i start the game since the forced patch using the ui it just keeps giving me "connection lost" when i hit login, starting the game sans ui works normally...
this has nothing to do with the UI, you simply haven't patched the client to the latest version...