• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I check for errors?
to check the Error Logs (RIGHT-CLICK the EC Playsound icon in the system tray and select Errors Log Viewer), if there are any errors, save the log in a file or just copy and past the rows.

Another cause of lag is the "You see" message (if there are lots of mobiles around especially)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just coming back to the game after a break and all these UI updates are very exciting. Thank you for all your hard work. Pinko.

One recent change is creating problems for me though. The UI is now blocking the ability to have copies of the same toolbar button. I like to keep duplicate copies of suit/slayer buttons in a collapsed toolbar. The main copies get dragged or randomly destroyed in the heat of the battle and its a pain to recreate them from scratch by searching for the correct pieces of kit. But that's a minor inconvenience that is solvable by switching to default UI temporarily. I do have a related problem that I don't know how to solve. Some of my toolbar buttons are blacked out. They look empty, however the actual function and associated hotkey are still there. It still works when I click on it or hit the hot key. But it looks like an empty cell. I can "clear item" which removes the function. But I am unable to add a replacement, because Pinco's UI thinks it's a duplicate. I am able to add a replacement under Default UI, but it gets an appearance of an empty cell when switching to Pinco's UI. I tried creating a new hotbar and adding these buttons to it under default UI, but they begin to appear blank the moment I switch to Pinkos. Any suggestions?

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco
ok i clearled the log (it was not really big compared to the huge dump other guys postet here) and ill have a look now

regarding hotbar

how many hotbars are ok? i have below 5 but they are 12 slots... so i need to go down to 7 slots per?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I tried to test the new stuff at an event today. I need to be better at playing the game and knowing how to do stuff I guess.

I finally figured out what the boss was and set the filter so I could open the corpse and almost as soon as it opened it went public and I no longer had it on the filter as an option and of course there were dead bodies over it about 50 deep so never got to see what happens on a major boss.

Always before I could run around like a fool at events, now since the changes I barely can move, push mouse button, move maybe 3 tiles stop, dead, rez, rinse and repeat.

Totally frustrated.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just coming back to the game after a break and all these UI updates are very exciting. Thank you for all your hard work. Pinko.

One recent change is creating problems for me though. The UI is now blocking the ability to have copies of the same toolbar button. I like to keep duplicate copies of suit/slayer buttons in a collapsed toolbar. The main copies get dragged or randomly destroyed in the heat of the battle and its a pain to recreate them from scratch by searching for the correct pieces of kit. But that's a minor inconvenience that is solvable by switching to default UI temporarily. I do have a related problem that I don't know how to solve. Some of my toolbar buttons are blacked out. They look empty, however the actual function and associated hotkey are still there. It still works when I click on it or hit the hot key. But it looks like an empty cell. I can "clear item" which removes the function. But I am unable to add a replacement, because Pinco's UI thinks it's a duplicate. I am able to add a replacement under Default UI, but it gets an appearance of an empty cell when switching to Pinco's UI. I tried creating a new hotbar and adding these buttons to it under default UI, but they begin to appear blank the moment I switch to Pinkos. Any suggestions?
That's clearly an old profile, and you should get rid of the user data folder or you'll have a lot of problems (lag included).
Also if you need more slayer equip, just make a macro for it, no need to switch to default :p

@Pinco
ok i clearled the log (it was not really big compared to the huge dump other guys postet here) and ill have a look now

regarding hotbar

how many hotbars are ok? i have below 5 but they are 12 slots... so i need to go down to 7 slots per?
No, you misunderstood, I ment a total number of slot between all the bars should be less than 80...

Well I tried to test the new stuff at an event today. I need to be better at playing the game and knowing how to do stuff I guess.

I finally figured out what the boss was and set the filter so I could open the corpse and almost as soon as it opened it went public and I no longer had it on the filter as an option and of course there were dead bodies over it about 50 deep so never got to see what happens on a major boss.

Always before I could run around like a fool at events, now since the changes I barely can move, push mouse button, move maybe 3 tiles stop, dead, rez, rinse and repeat.

Totally frustrated.
What changes are you referring to? And what exactly have you changed that caused you to lag like that?

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco
is there a way to customize the loot order? for example in a text editor? this little arrow is a bit annoying hehe, also is it possible to add certain search criterial like SSI other specific properties?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco
is there a way to customize the loot order? for example in a text editor? this little arrow is a bit annoying hehe, also is it possible to add certain search criterial like SSI other specific properties?
no, the loot order can only be customized with the arrows and if you're searching for something specific you should use the finders keepers :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's clearly an old profile, and you should get rid of the user data folder or you'll have a lot of problems (lag included).
So I will have to recreate all the toolbars and macros from scratch? Ouch. Well, I guess I know how I will be spending the weekend lol.

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The CC has scripts that do all this too.
oh...that's right, it's considered illegal for us CC users to have these types of scripts help us.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I will have to recreate all the toolbars and macros from scratch? Ouch. Well, I guess I know how I will be spending the weekend lol.
remember that you can export macro between characters now :p

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
remember that you can export macro between characters now :p
Yes, thanks. It was time for me to redo and to re-standardize all my settings anyway. I have six characters that I play regularly. All of them built to swap multiple skills as needed, so practically it's more like 20 characters worth of toolbars squeezed into 6 character's UI. Since the templates were built over the years, the hotbars and keybinds are all different.
So, now I have a good excuse to fix this mess lol.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
anyone started having problems with looting? There will be hidden items on the corpse that will only show when you move something or loot something. Also, if i try to loot the gold, I get a random item instead. (BTW im using tile view)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone started having problems with looting? There will be hidden items on the corpse that will only show when you move something or loot something. Also, if i try to loot the gold, I get a random item instead. (BTW im using tile view)
yeah I was afraid that something like that would happen... try now :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco is it possible for you to create an Action to Open the Vet Reward Gump? I have it autoclosed and when I need to get something, I change the settings to not Autoclose it then log off and back on. Not sure if this is an easy request...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco is it possible for you to create an Action to Open the Vet Reward Gump? I have it autoclosed and when I need to get something, I change the settings to not Autoclose it then log off and back on. Not sure if this is an easy request...
no, that gump appears only at login and there is no other way to open it :(

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if you need more slayer equip, just make a macro for it, no need to switch to default :p

No, you misunderstood, I ment a total number of slot between all the bars should be less than 80...

What changes are you referring to? And what exactly have you changed that caused you to lag like that?
I just meant the general changes over the last couple of months, before those I could run around at events like crazy. Now it's just start and stop constantly. I have changed nothing and the lag is ONLY around the mob at the event, you get one screen away from them and it's all ok. It even happens as soon as I go to the event at the meeting hall which is filled with players.

I should add though, that lag is only peculiar to the EM events, I can go to any boss or any area with tons of activity like monsters and I have no noticeable lag. The game is very smooth in my every day gaming and at all of our guild PVM events.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just meant the general changes over the last couple of months, before those I could run around at events like crazy. Now it's just start and stop constantly. I have changed nothing and the lag is ONLY around the mob at the event, you get one screen away from them and it's all ok. It even happens as soon as I go to the event at the meeting hall which is filled with players.

I should add though, that lag is only peculiar to the EM events, I can go to any boss or any area with tons of activity like monsters and I have no noticeable lag. The game is very smooth in my every day gaming and at all of our guild PVM events.
Do you have any quest active?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I deleted the old profile and started from scratch. I did import the macros, but not settings or hotbars. The macros but have some issues displaying internal commands:
upload_2018-5-6_11-24-2.png
Here's what these commands are supposed to be (shown with default UI):
upload_2018-5-6_11-25-9.png

A bigger problem I have is the UI keeps erroneously blocking me from putting some commands on the hotbars because it thinks it's a duplicate (it's not). I can add these commands if I switch to Default UI, but they are shown as blanks under Pinco's UI. Is it possible to disable the whole duplicate command check? Apart from the apparent bug I just described, in certain cases I want to duplicate some commands. I don't see why I should be barred from doing so.
Thank you much.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I deleted the old profile and started from scratch. I did import the macros, but not settings or hotbars. The macros but have some issues displaying internal commands:
View attachment 81060
Here's what these commands are supposed to be (shown with default UI):
View attachment 81061

A bigger problem I have is the UI keeps erroneously blocking me from putting some commands on the hotbars because it thinks it's a duplicate (it's not). I can add these commands if I switch to Default UI, but they are shown as blanks under Pinco's UI. Is it possible to disable the whole duplicate command check? Apart from the apparent bug I just described, in certain cases I want to duplicate some commands. I don't see why I should be barred from doing so.
Thank you much.
If you create macros with default UI there might not be shown properly because the action ID might not be assigned properly (is an old bug). Also the main pet commands are in the pet controls bar (that appear when you have a pet out) so you don't need to drag them again :D

By the way DO NOT import macros with the profile manager from the old profiles or you just import the bugged actions, re-create them properly then use the export tool inside the UI to share them between your characters :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you create macros with default UI there might not be shown properly because the action ID might not be assigned properly (is an old bug). Also the main pet commands are in the pet controls bar (that appear when you have a pet out) so you don't need to drag them again :D

By the way DO NOT import macros with the profile manager from the old profiles or you just import the bugged actions, re-create them properly then use the export tool inside the UI to share them between your characters :)
Ah, I see. Thank you.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also the main pet commands are in the pet controls bar (that appear when you have a pet out) so you don't need to drag them again :D
This no duplicates rule prevents me from adding these pet commands to macros as well. Is there a way to turn it off? It just seems to constantly get in the way.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This no duplicates rule prevents me from adding these pet commands to macros as well. Is there a way to turn it off? It just seems to constantly get in the way.
no for macro it should not be a problem, is only for hotbars... try now :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco earlier in this thread you mention we should keep our bar slots below 80. Does the 80 include Macros with Hot Keys but are no in a bar slot?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco earlier in this thread you mention we should keep our bar slots below 80. Does the 80 include Macros with Hot Keys but are no in a bar slot?
no I'm speaking of visible slots... less than 80 VISIBLE slots should be optimal to avoid lag, macros and hidden slots do not cause performance issues :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to me there was a dismount/mount button when you changed the petbar and now I can't find it. My dismount icon only dismounts but does not mount, is the dismount/mount button available somewhere? The action one is just dismount.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to me there was a dismount/mount button when you changed the petbar and now I can't find it. My dismount icon only dismounts but does not mount, is the dismount/mount button available somewhere? The action one is just dismount.
that's on the mount list (also on user settings), but if it won't mount is because you have a living pet near you NOT marked as "not a mount"...

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Randomly when I try to lore mobs, I get this here.

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:1207: attempt to concatenate local 'name' (a wstring value)

Thoughts?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Randomly when I try to lore mobs, I get this here.

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:1207: attempt to concatenate local 'name' (a wstring value)

Thoughts?
it should be gone now :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am getting the same update every time I log in now for the last 3 days.

Checking internet connection... Done.
Downloading version file... Done. Done.
Loading web files data...
Parsing files... Done.
Downloading: hotbar.lua [20.5 KB] in progress ... Done.
Installing... Done!
Patch session completed. New version installed and ready to use.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am getting the same update every time I log in now for the last 3 days.

Checking internet connection... Done.
Downloading version file... Done. Done.
Loading web files data...
Parsing files... Done.
Downloading: hotbar.lua [20.5 KB] in progress ... Done.
Installing... Done!
Patch session completed. New version installed and ready to use.
That's an antivirus/windows problem, there is nothing I can do about it...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I should just leave it be and not worry about it hoping it'll go away? I've turned off my antivirus and it still appears so it must be a product of this new Windows 10 update and I have no idea where to change that. Tried a couple of the many places and afraid to delve in too deep and mess my security up.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am also getting this update over and over.

I completely disabled Norton and the patch persisted. So I highly doubt antivirus is the culprit...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am also getting this update over and over.

I completely disabled Norton and the patch persisted. So I highly doubt antivirus is the culprit...
This new Window patch I would bet is the reason. I have had several problems of this sort right after that, like my Razer Tartarus no longer saving my settings, black screen for several seconds each time I get into game, etc

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This new Window patch I would bet is the reason. I have had several problems of this sort right after that, like my Razer Tartarus no longer saving my settings, black screen for several seconds each time I get into game, etc
Unless it randomly write protected files, I'm not sure why it would affect UO files. Buuuuut...I've seen stranger...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless it randomly write protected files, I'm not sure why it would affect UO files. Buuuuut...I've seen stranger...
Yeah, I'm not sure about the antivirus but I do know, just because your antivirius is on, Windows Defender appears to be docile but it is not, it still is checking and protecting some stuff and not all of the stuff it is protecting is Windows programs and operating stuff.

I have been using my paid, not free, antivirus/malware package and been very happy with it for nearly 15 years but they merged or sold out to another company in the last year and since then they have, in my opinion, gone severely downhill and the program has gotten for more complicated and harder to make work correctly with the correct settings.

They're pushing other programs and now have their own cleanup program so a few months ago, my antivirus quit working.

I use a paid clean up program and have been very very happy with it for 7 or 8 years, but when I notified my antivirus folks that the antivirus is not working, they said the two programs, even though they've been working together for me for at least 5 years are now no longer compatible and I have to turn off my cleanup program and only run the cleanup program from the antivirus company.

Anyhow, all this said just to say that even though you turn off the antivirus to check, it doesn't actually stop it's processing unless you absolutely delete the entire program and Win10 is the same so this is a major mystery as to who is to blame.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'm not sure about the antivirus but I do know, just because your antivirius is on, Windows Defender appears to be docile but it is not, it still is checking and protecting some stuff and not all of the stuff it is protecting is Windows programs and operating stuff.

I have been using my paid, not free, antivirus/malware package and been very happy with it for nearly 15 years but they merged or sold out to another company in the last year and since then they have, in my opinion, gone severely downhill and the program has gotten for more complicated and harder to make work correctly with the correct settings.

They're pushing other programs and now have their own cleanup program so a few months ago, my antivirus quit working.

I use a paid clean up program and have been very very happy with it for 7 or 8 years, but when I notified my antivirus folks that the antivirus is not working, they said the two programs, even though they've been working together for me for at least 5 years are now no longer compatible and I have to turn off my cleanup program and only run the cleanup program from the antivirus company.

Anyhow, all this said just to say that even though you turn off the antivirus to check, it doesn't actually stop it's processing unless you absolutely delete the entire program and Win10 is the same so this is a major mystery as to who is to blame.
Lately antivirus and the windows defender tend to block anything without a digital signature... make sure to add exceptions to the game folder (so they won't check it), and also to the process of the game, patcher and EC Playsound. By default av tend to block any read/write activity unless there is a certified digital signature -.-

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to prevent my character's overhead bars from dimming when mouse is not over them?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to prevent my character's overhead bars from dimming when mouse is not over them?
no, because the bar is quite big and may cover stuff on the game area that needs to be seen (like small mobiles in front of you) :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no, because the bar is quite big and may cover stuff on the game area that needs to be seen (like small mobiles in front of you) :D
I'd rather see my rapidly dropping health than small mobiles in front of me :D. I love the idea of the overhead bar because it lets me keep my eyes on the play area, but in my case semi transparent health bar makes things worse than a traditional off the screen bar. I just seem to constantly have to strain to see what is going on. Oh well, classic bar it is :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather see my rapidly dropping health than small mobiles in front of me :D. I love the idea of the overhead bar because it lets me keep my eyes on the play area, but in my case semi transparent health bar makes things worse than a traditional off the screen bar. I just seem to constantly have to strain to see what is going on. Oh well, classic bar it is :)
I certainly do not agree, I love this nice new bar. When it first appeared I wondered what it was and it has grown on me and now is my major health check.
I agree with Pinco, with this you don't have to take your eyes away from your enemy in the game area to check your health constantly and if you keep your old normal lifebar there it covers a lot of space. For me it's a quick glance and not a strain, I would miss it terribly if it went away now. Keep the innovative thinking going Pinco, love it!!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I certainly do not agree, I love this nice new bar. When it first appeared I wondered what it was and it has grown on me and now is my major health check.
I agree with Pinco, with this you don't have to take your eyes away from your enemy in the game area to check your health constantly and if you keep your old normal lifebar there it covers a lot of space. For me it's a quick glance and not a strain, I would miss it terribly if it went away now. Keep the innovative thinking going Pinco, love it!!
You misunderstand. I like the overhead bar and would prefer it to the fixed one if it was easily visible. However it turns transparent the moment you take the mouse off. When it is transparent, it blends with the background and is difficult to pay attention to in the heat of the battle. I tried it, but kept missing being hit until the low health warning popped up.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Every time I load Pinco's, the patcher updates hotbar.lua. Every time. You must be working 24/7. :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every time I load Pinco's, the patcher updates hotbar.lua. Every time. You must be working 24/7. :p
as said in the previous posts, that's a problem with windows/antivirus that prevents the patcher from working correctly... you'll need to add an exception for the game folder files and the process of EC Playsound, UI Patcher and the game itself so that all can work properly.
Unfortunately lately there has been some updates on the security softwares that made a requirement the digital signature for everything :/