• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Yoxo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

this is a great UI, but I miss my old paperdoll view. Maybe my fault, but is there an option to switch it to the old (standard) style?
Thanks for your tipp....

reagards Yoxo

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

this is a great UI, but I miss my old paperdoll view. Maybe my fault, but is there an option to switch it to the old (standard) style?
Thanks for your tipp....

reagards Yoxo
no, there is no more the standard paperdoll.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to create a macro to rename a freshly tamed animal.

Currently it looks like this:

Target nearest follower
Say "I wish to rename into xyz"
WaitForTarg
Cursor Target Current

The pet gets targeted, he speaks the words and the targeting cursor is visible for a blink of an eye, but the pet is not renamed. Any clue how to fix it or what the problem is?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
mine is
Say I wish to rename into arty
delay 4.0
i wish to release arty
cursor target last

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco...

I can't figure out how to fix it ..... but I need to be able to RELOOT things... I don't want the corse button to go away.....

when I hit control shift I want to see ALL corpses even previously looted ones...

For some reason I can't seem to figure out what to click or unclick or whatever to be able to get the looted corpse names to show up...

I died at an EM event this evening and missed out on the reward item I got because I couldn't find the corpse again.

Would have helped too if there weren't folk there animating the corpses after the monsters died either...

But anyway I need this fixed before I do another EM event... if I miss out next time I'll really be upset.

Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco...

I can't figure out how to fix it ..... but I need to be able to RELOOT things... I don't want the corse button to go away.....

when I hit control shift I want to see ALL corpses even previously looted ones...

For some reason I can't seem to figure out what to click or unclick or whatever to be able to get the looted corpse names to show up...

I died at an EM event this evening and missed out on the reward item I got because I couldn't find the corpse again.

Would have helped too if there weren't folk there animating the corpses after the monsters died either...

But anyway I need this fixed before I do another EM event... if I miss out next time I'll really be upset.

Thanks
Just clear the ignore item list with the proper action, or just disable the ignore opened corpses from user settings.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two questions/suggestions:

Small BODs: They show, what reward you would get, when completing them. That's an awesome feature. But since one is also able, to fill a Large BOD with the completed small BOD, it would be even more awesome, if the UI would show the rewards of an according Large BOD.

Runebooks: Would it be possible, to set a default action (recall charge, recall spell, gate & sacred journey) per character and if this default is set, we would just have to click the desired rune to port/gate to the location? Also if one presses one of the four actions BEFORE clicking a rune, this would override the default action as long as the runebook isn't closed. I.e. I have "recall spell" on my mage as default. Clicking an rune instantly will recall to the location. Should I want to use a gate, I click "gate travel" and the the rune and a gate would open. That feature would rock!

mine is
Say I wish to rename into arty
delay 4.0
i wish to release arty
cursor target last
That's an odd macro. It should get renamed AFTER "cursor target last", but you're trying to release it before renaming it. Nevertheless this doesn't work too, since it doesn't rename the pet (at least thats the case here on my computer). I also have targeted the the animal I wanted to tame with the targeting cursor, so that "cursor target last" should work. Still nothing...
Question is, why does it work for you, but not for me?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am using delay of 4.0 you are using wait for target,

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two questions/suggestions:

Small BODs: They show, what reward you would get, when completing them. That's an awesome feature. But since one is also able, to fill a Large BOD with the completed small BOD, it would be even more awesome, if the UI would show the rewards of an according Large BOD.
that info is on the large bod and can't be done in a small bod since there are too many possibilities.

Runebooks: Would it be possible, to set a default action (recall charge, recall spell, gate & sacred journey) per character and if this default is set, we would just have to click the desired rune to port/gate to the location? Also if one presses one of the four actions BEFORE clicking a rune, this would override the default action as long as the runebook isn't closed. I.e. I have "recall spell" on my mage as default. Clicking an rune instantly will recall to the location. Should I want to use a gate, I click "gate travel" and the the rune and a gate would open. That feature would rock!
can't be done.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using delay of 4.0 you are using wait for target,
You got me wrong. I created another macro doing exactly, what your macro does. Step by step. And that does not work.

So far "i wish to rename into ..." has only worked when actually clicking with the mouse. I a macro I ghaven't seen it working so far...

that info is on the large bod and can't be done in a small bod since there are too many possibilities.
Why? A small BOD just fits into a SINGLE large BOD. Not one small BOD can be used for two or more different large BODs...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You got me wrong. I created another macro doing exactly, what your macro does. Step by step. And that does not work.

So far "i wish to rename into ..." has only worked when actually clicking with the mouse. I a macro I ghaven't seen it working so far...

Why? A small BOD just fits into a SINGLE large BOD. Not one small BOD can be used for two or more different large BODs...
my doubt is more about shoes or weapons...

however you still have the large bod to check it :p

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've really come to hate the copse loot sorting feature... It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but its a nightmare for public corpses.

Say a corpse has 50 items on it... When you open it while others are sorting through it, the items fly around the grid making it damn near useless. I know that part of this was to counter the phantom item bug, but in practice it is more annoying then its worth.

A far better solution would be for the taken items to just leave an empty slot in the item grid instead of the whole thing getting resorted. Can something like this be done? Or a toggle for the resort at the very least?

If I need to, I'll create a video to show just how unbelievably annoying this is...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've really come to hate the copse loot sorting feature... It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but its a nightmare for public corpses.

Say a corpse has 50 items on it... When you open it while others are sorting through it, the items fly around the grid making it damn near useless. I know that part of this was to counter the phantom item bug, but in practice it is more annoying then its worth.

A far better solution would be for the taken items to just leave an empty slot in the item grid instead of the whole thing getting resorted. Can something like this be done? Or a toggle for the resort at the very least?

If I need to, I'll create a video to show just how unbelievably annoying this is...
a toggle already exist on user settings....

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I do click with the mouse on the pet i want released it names that pet then releases in one macro,you could put a target nearest follower in there at the beginning then a target last in not sure how well it would work I did not use the target nearest follower because was worried about releasing a pet I did not want to release

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, that's how you do it. Well, I wanted to do it automatically without my intervention. If you take a look at my first post in this thread, I already used "target nearest follower". But as mention earlier, "i wish to rename into ..." does not work without a click of the mouse. At least that's the impression it got.

Since I'm just training taming, I have no other follower, I could target and release accidentally (except my mount, but as long as I am mounted, "target nearest follower" doesn't/cannot target it).

Warrick

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mobiles List - Currently Tageted

Pinco-
Is it possible to add a feature to the "Mobiles" list:
It would be helpful if the Currently Targeted mobile would somehow be highlighted or flagged on the list. Presently, there is no way to know which is targeted by looking at the list.

Thanks for considering it.
By the way, you're awesome!
Thanks for all you do.

Warrick

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Mobiles List - Currently Tageted

The latest version does this Warrick
But the mobiles list doesn't indicate which of the mobs is the currently selected one. What it does do is create a larger description with detail outside of the list but it's a duplicate of one of the mobiles already on the list. So, if you are a Bard and wanted to provoke and wanted to use the mobiles list, you run the risk of attempting to provoke the currently selected mob on to itself because there is no way to know which is the currently targeted creature.

What would be helpful is if the mobiles list contained some sort of flag or highlighting that indicated which among the mobiles is the currently selected.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How accurate are buff timers? I used a scroll of alacrity and every time I log in, the buff timer shows 14 minutes...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How accurate are buff timers? I used a scroll of alacrity and every time I log in, the buff timer shows 14 minutes...
I can't communicate with the server so when you start an alacrity is better to use it before log-out. If you log-out the value is no more accurate due to several factors that I can't consider with this script language.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't communicate with the server so when you start an alacrity is better to use it before log-out. If you log-out the value is no more accurate due to several factors that I can't consider with this script language.
Yeah, I thought so.

Actually I was using GGS with the SoA. So I had to log out. Because trying to get two gains within 15 minutes in taming above 118 is an illusion (or pure dumb luck :p)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I thought so.

Actually I was using GGS with the SoA. So I had to log out. Because trying to get two gains within 15 minutes in taming above 118 is an illusion (or pure dumb luck :p)
yeah, you are right, in a range of 10 hours a day you can gain 0.2 top over 115 skill :D

however I check if there is something I can do about it...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Training begging for halloween

is there a way to put a cool down timer on the interface Pinco?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also!!!!

I understand fish points have risen since you introduced to interface, can the new values be incorporated pls???

thanks

Jack

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also!!!!

I understand fish points have risen since you introduced to interface, can the new values be incorporated pls???

thanks

Jack
the fish values have been updated long ago and the system is working fine.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco's website down or just me????

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems the server is down, we have to wait until the provider will restore it :/

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can't be done.
Ok, but what about hiding or disabling some of the options?
I.e.:
On my mage I would want to hide/disable Recall(Charge) and Sacred Journey.
On my paladin I would want to hide/disable Recall(Charge), Recall(Spell) and Gate Travel.

That would be cool!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, but what about hiding or disabling some of the options?
I.e.:
On my mage I would want to hide/disable Recall(Charge) and Sacred Journey.
On my paladin I would want to hide/disable Recall(Charge), Recall(Spell) and Gate Travel.

That would be cool!
this is a good doable idea, switching between mage/warrior brings always you to sacred journey without chiv or recall without mag :D

Added:
* If there are no charges the recall (charge) will be not visible.
* If your main magic skill is magery, you will see only recall and gate travel.
* If your main magic skill is chivalry, you will see only sacred journey.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've uploaded the beta version of the patcher 1.5 that use improved routines able to work without freezing.

Let me know if there are any problems, thanks :)

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the patcher update itself once it is out of beta, or do i need to download it anew?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the patcher update itself once it is out of beta, or do i need to download it anew?
not actually, this beta is just a performance test of the new asynch routines, but this feature is planned for the final version :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
UI Patcher 1.6

- Added new routines able to avoid the freezing.
- Added a new system able to auto-update the patcher when needed.

- Fixed a bug with the summoned corpses that sometimes were not recognized as a corpse.
- Fixed a bug with the current target details that prevents to see them if they have a title.
- Added the final version of the Dermott's mini texture.
- Fixed a bug that crash the UI.
- Added another cliloc check when you breaks the spider web in order to remove the debuff.
- Now the buff of the necromancer forms and reaper forms will be correctly removed if the effect has been removed from purge magic.
- Fixed a bug with the agents that makes the UI crash if you remove the first agent.
- Fixed a bug with the animated background of the items healthbar.
- Fixed a bug with the containers that sometimes will shows items in wrong size, also causes the list view mode area to be generated in wrong size.
- Now the Note window will reset on dead.
- Fixed a bug that makes a map marker visible after delete.
- Putting a blank icon as icon for a macro now will show the right image.
- Now the icons background on hotbars is visible on items.
- If you have an item in the hotbar, you'll be able to see the amount only if you have more than 1.
- Fixed a bug with the cooldown animation on hotbars. Now if the cooldown will restart sooner than the delay, the animation will restart with it.
- Added charybdis and his tentacles stats.
- Now if you have no arcane circle the word of death button and warning will appears at 0% instead of 4%.
- If you use the Oracle of the Seas, the location of Charybdis will be automatically marked on your map (in the facet where you used the Oracle).
- Revised some icons.
- Fixed a bug with the profile window, spellbooks and the quick details that do not works properly with japanese fonts.
- Disabled the spellbook closing animation for asian languages, since it seems to cause the client crash.
- Added Charybdis, Giant Tentacle, Sea Serpents (all kind) portraits.
- Fixed few problems with the current target images that sometimes may results missing.
- Fixed some creatures in the Creatures DB.
- Added the missing skill delay to begging.
- Added a missing skill delay to peacemaking (area peace when there is nothing around).
- Added into User Settings -> Pinco's UI the option to enable the bard mastery. When active, your skills delay will count the bard mastery discount.
- Added the buff for the Berserk Rage and Bard Mastery Bonus.
- Fixed a bug with the map that sometimes do not shows the markers.
- Fixed a bug with the imbuing calculator window that sometimes do not show the required materials.
- Fixed a bug with counter attack buff. Now the buff disappears when the effect is over.
- Fixed a bug with the accelerated skillgain timer. Now the time is saved correctly through each game session.
- Now the pets list will stay sorted.
- Added a special workaround to fix a server problem with the alacrity buff that uses to disappears on death and by casting arcane empowerment.
- Fixed a bug of the alacrity buff that shows the timer when you are in a new player quest in Old Haven.
- Fixed a bug in the containers that prevents the visibility of the scrollbar in list mode when the corpses goes public.
- Fixed a bug that prevents to see the gold at the first place on sorted loot when the corpse is public.
- Added the action: "Dress What You Are Currently Holding". Using this action just try to dress the item you have in the cursor like dragging it on the paperdoll.
- Added the new chat system. Here is the list of thing that can do:
	* You can create up to 20 tab with different filters. Each tab can be separated from the main window.
	* You can filter any unwanted channel
	* You can change Font, Font Size, Font Color to any channel (even System and GM that were not available with the default chat)
	* You can see the player speech in the right color
	* The window is resizable and lockable
	* You can enable the auto-hide in order to make it disappear. It will automatically reappears when new message arrives or by moving the mouse over (toggleable).
	* You can enable the text fading or just keep the text always visible (will fade only if the main window fades).
	* You can customize the auto-hide delay.
	* You can choose the default alpha level in order to match your tastes. You can also keep it full transparent and see only the text (2D style).
	* Supports timestamp.
	* You can use the clear journal tool in the settings (accessible by right clicking the orange baloon on the left of the chat type area) to totally clear the journal. 
	WARNING: if you clear the journal the text cached will be removed permanently.
	* You can use the "Damage Info" channel to have more info about the damages caused to your targets. This channel provide the following text everytime you cause damage to someone else: "[ target name ]: Takes <damage_amount> damage. A total of <total_damage_received> from you."
	* The new chat window will consider only the last 500 journal entries in order to avoid lag. 
	* By right-clicking a tab, you have the option to save the entire content to file. The file name will be: [hh.mm.ss] <TAB_NAME>.txt. Saving the tabs to file will save the full journal with the tab filters and not only the visible part.
- Fixed the whisper chat mode on both old and new chat.
- Now the runebooks shows only the button for the spells you can use: 
	* If there are no charges the recall (charge) will be not visible.
	* If your main magic skill is magery, you will see only recall and gate travel.
	* If your main magic skill is chivalry, you will see only sacred journey.
- Now Map, Paperdoll and Containers windows are sticky so they can't go off screen.
- The TC Tools button now can be moved around, just move the mouse on the top of it to get the handle.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes shows some extra blank space at the bottom of certain items properties.
- Fixed a bug with legacy containers that sometimes could provide less precision on moving items.
- Now if you click the UI version label on the bottom left of the game window, you can see the UI credits.
- On new characters if you select "Use Pinco's UI suggested settings", the labels on the status will be correctly shown without logging out.
- The crystal portal window now will correctly remember the last location.
- Now the mobiles bar will shows only the creatures in the visible play area (no more the approaching mobiles), avoiding the problem of see creature's healthbar that were not in the area.
- The mobiles bar now is sorted: first shown top list, last shown bottom list.
- Improved the "You See" message. Now works faster and will be the perfect way to see if someone is approaching from outside the game area.
- The "You See" messages now have their channel on the new journal and by clicking the message you can get the healthbar.
- The Cleanu Up Britannia total points message now have the thousand separator and is highlighted in green (color available on the new chat only).

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* You can filter any unwanted channel
Awesome, but when creating a new tab, could the default status for each filter be "off"? This would save A LOT of clicking to turn the ones you don't want off since filters aren't a window with checkboxes anymore...

* The window is resizable and lockable
I can't make the window any smaller then it was originally, and scaling it doesn't appear to work on it.

* The new chat window will consider only the last 500 journal entries in order to avoid lag.
Hmm. This could be a problem for me... I keep a logs of EM events, which can go past 500 journal entries in a really short span of time (think boss battle spell/specials spam) I need the logs to write synopsis from, so only saving 500 lines at a time (since I don't know when that will be exceeded) isn't very practical.

Will the journal still save to chat.log like it always has since they fixed it, or does your new system override that?

* By right-clicking a tab, you have the option to save the entire content to file. The file name will be: [hh.mm.ss] <TAB_NAME>.txt. Saving the tabs to file will save the full journal with the tab filters and not only the visible part.
Just a clarification question... So this saves the content of ALL tabs, not just the one you're looking at? What about text that isn't present on any tab? i.e. say I don't use the new Damage Info Channel on any tab, will that data still be saved? Will it eat into the 500 line cache limit?

Also, is there a way to highlight or bold text from invulnerable characters yet?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome, but when creating a new tab, could the default status for each filter be "off"? This would save A LOT of clicking to turn the ones you don't want off since filters aren't a window with checkboxes anymore...
yes, I can do that :D

I can't make the window any smaller then it was originally, and scaling it doesn't appear to work on it.
That's the minimum size, the measures are calculated in order to fit correctly the tabs and can't be scaled...

Hmm. This could be a problem for me... I keep a logs of EM events, which can go past 500 journal entries in a really short span of time (think boss battle spell/specials spam) I need the logs to write synopsis from, so only saving 500 lines at a time (since I don't know when that will be exceeded) isn't very practical.

Will the journal still save to chat.log like it always has since they fixed it, or does your new system override that?
Old log works like always, you can keep it active as backup.

Just a clarification question... So this saves the content of ALL tabs, not just the one you're looking at? What about text that isn't present on any tab? i.e. say I don't use the new Damage Info Channel on any tab, will that data still be saved? Will it eat into the 500 line cache limit?
The 500 limit is only the visible part, if you save it, it will save the full log with the tab filters (so if the damage info is off, it will not be saved)

Also, is there a way to highlight or bold text from invulnerable characters yet?
you can change the default overhead chat font for now, in the future there will be something better :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
5.0a

- Reverted the sticky mode for containers.
- Now all the messages are visible on the new chat system.
- New tabs in the new chat system will start with all the filters disabled.
- Fixed a bug that prevents to store the last chat channel used to type in.
- Added a new selectable channel to the new chat window: Note to self.
	* Use /self to type on that channel.
	* The text will be visible only by you and marked with: "Note to self:".

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feature request:

Since finding Honesty items relies so heavily on object handles, could a new filter be added to the ones already available? One that ignored all magery reagents, water, and mushrooms would be awesome :heart:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feature request:

Since finding Honesty items relies so heavily on object handles, could a new filter be added to the ones already available? One that ignored all magery reagents, water, and mushrooms would be awesome :heart:
since I still can't read the item propertis if you don't have the mouse over the item, it can't be done...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
version 5.0 will be (probably) completed with the next patch, here is a preview of the 3 main features:

Code:
- Added a new action into the Pinco's UI category, the action "Toggle AFK Mode".
	* This action allow you to prevents the client from log out by say "." every 5 minutes.
	* When the AFK mode is on, you'll see a sleep animation over your head.

- Added a new option: Party Ignore Sharing.
	If active, when you are in party and you decide to ignore an item (or you are just using the auto-ignore opened corpses),
	the full party will be informed of it by a message (this message is hidden if you are using Pinco's UI 5.0b or newer version).
	When a party member with Pinco's UI 5.0b+ receive this message, will automatically ignore this item by using object handles.
	WARNING: this feature could result annoying for certain users in party with you (CC users or people without Pinco's UI 5.0b+).

- On each summon's healthbar now there is a timer indicates how log it will last.
	NOTE: the timer will restart if you log-out or reload interface.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a question:
Enemy health percents are only shown in 4% steps. Is this a limitiation of the game itself? Or a bug/oversight in the UI?

Because 1% accuracy would be cool, especially for mobs with more than 1k health...

BTW, the new runebook feature is A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!! :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a question:
Enemy health percents are only shown in 4% steps. Is this a limitiation of the game itself? Or a bug/oversight in the UI?

Because 1% accuracy would be cool, especially for mobs with more than 1k health...

BTW, the new runebook feature is A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!! :D
the server update the status 4 by 4 I can do nothing about it...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the server update the status 4 by 4 I can do nothing about it...
Too bad, you can't fix their servers too :D

Anyway, I got some serious issue with the new version. As soon as somebody takes a lots of damage, the client starts to lag. It's noticable when my cu fights swoop. It even gets worse when the rocks are raining down on narvey, during that time it's completely unplayable.

It's definitely the mod, because i was switching between your and the default UI right before every stone shower. I always had extreme lag with your UI and zero lag with the default UI.

I suspected the new chat, especially the new damage channel, but just turning off the chat doesn't fix it.

Basically I like the new chat, but for my personal preferences the line spacing is too big.

Edit:
It's also completely unplayable, when withering through a spawn...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad, you can't fix their servers too :D

Anyway, I got some serious issue with the new version. As soon as somebody takes a lots of damage, the client starts to lag. It's noticable when my cu fights swoop. It even gets worse when the rocks are raining down on narvey, during that time it's completely unplayable.

It's definitely the mod, because i was switching between your and the default UI right before every stone shower. I always had extreme lag with your UI and zero lag with the default UI.

I suspected the new chat, especially the new damage channel, but just turning off the chat doesn't fix it.

Basically I like the new chat, but for my personal preferences the line spacing is too big.

Edit:
It's also completely unplayable, when withering through a spawn...
is a well known problem and still this is not the place to report bugs.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Not sure this will fall under a bug or not, but is there any way to stop the chat from auto scrolling to the bottom when someone speaks, I noticed when I scrolled up to try and read something every time a new message came through it would scroll back down to the bottom, the original chat window did not do this.

Now for a possible request, is it possible to remove the spells from the chat window now that you redid it? I know it wasn't before, but thought maybe it be now considering you are able to remove them from over head. (I do not want to remove the overhead spells, just the journal ones, since while pvping I need to keep an eye on what spells are being cast but do not like the spam in the Journal.)

It has been awhile since I posted about the UI, and I would just like to reaffirm what a wonderful job I think you are doing with it. Thank you for your time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I can say is since the last patch I've had major problems with crashing.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡2021129 said:
Not sure this will fall under a bug or not, but is there any way to stop the chat from auto scrolling to the bottom when someone speaks, I noticed when I scrolled up to try and read something every time a new message came through it would scroll back down to the bottom, the original chat window did not do this.

Now for a possible request, is it possible to remove the spells from the chat window now that you redid it? I know it wasn't before, but thought maybe it be now considering you are able to remove them from over head. (I do not want to remove the overhead spells, just the journal ones, since while pvping I need to keep an eye on what spells are being cast but do not like the spam in the Journal.)

It has been awhile since I posted about the UI, and I would just like to reaffirm what a wonderful job I think you are doing with it. Thank you for your time.
The scrollbar feature is missing, probably will be present in the next version...

About the journal improving here is some spoilers:
Code:
- The new chat window update rate has been forced to be not faster than 0.3 seconds.
- On the new chat window settings now you can find a filter for the "You See" in order to enable only the mobiles with a certain notoriety.
	NOTE: You should try to keep the "You See" message at the minimum amount in order to avoid lag, especially in high populated areas.
- On the new chat window settings now you can find the option "Min. damage to log".
	This setting is for the "Damage Info" and is used to specify the minimum total damage caused to a mobile before show the message in the journal.
	NOTE: You should try to keep this value higher as possible in order to reduce lag, especially in areas where you are doing area damage vs many mobiles.
- Added some special filters in the new chat window settings:
	* Show Spells: allows you to disable the logging of word of power in the journal.
	* Show Spell Casting Messages: allows you to disable the following messages:
		+ You are already casting a spell.
		+ You have not yet recovered from casting a spell.
	* Show Perfection Messages: allows you to disable the following messages:
		+ You gain in Perfection as you precisely strike your opponent.
		+ You have lost some Perfection in fighting this opponent.
	* Allows Multiple Equals Messages: if disabled, the journal will log only 1 message, then if the next one is equals will be ignored until you don't get a different one.
This should lighten everything, just remember that: the more you force to update the chat faster (like insanely faster spam rate), the more the client will slow down.
Setting the max update speed at 0.3 seconds should reduce the weight and prevents heavy slowdown, but when the new version will be availabe, I suggest to filter as much messages as possible.

J

Jonathan Baron

I'm very sorry Pinco, but this latest version is causing me so many problems I need to roll back to 4.9a.

I'll post more details on your site.