• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can start the client normally though?
anything related to the UI affects the game when you actually enter the game, everything that happens before that is related to the client itself.
That error happens because your client is outdated and you need to run the UO Patcher, otherwise you will have the same error even by starting it normally....

Last edited:

ShadowMage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
anything related to the UI affects the game when you actually enter the game, everything that happens before that is related to the client itself.
That error happens because your client is outdated and you need to run the UO Patcher...
I get an error log when i select run uo patcher:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EC PlaySound
Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Electronic%20Arts/Ultima%20Online%20Enhanced/EC%20PlaySound.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///D:/Electronic%20Arts/Ultima%20Online%20Enhanced/Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.DLL
Microsoft.DirectX
CodeBase: file:///D:/Electronic%20Arts/Ultima%20Online%20Enhanced/Microsoft.DirectX.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get an error log when i select run uo patcher:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
EC PlaySound
Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Electronic%20Arts/Ultima%20Online%20Enhanced/EC%20PlaySound.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback
CodeBase: file:///D:/Electronic%20Arts/Ultima%20Online%20Enhanced/Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.DLL
Microsoft.DirectX
CodeBase: file:///D:/Electronic%20Arts/Ultima%20Online%20Enhanced/Microsoft.DirectX.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
you installed the UI in the wrong folder... make sure you followed the Setup Guide

Grummelbart

Visitor
EC Client is crashing today when i'm trying to open a necro spellbook or runic atlas.

The only message in LogViewer was:
26-6-2018 16-18-11 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

Translated to English:
26-6-2018 16-18-11 RROR: The process cannot access the file "D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt" because it is used by another process.

I only started the game once, so no multiclient or something similar.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC Client is crashing today when i'm trying to open a necro spellbook or runic atlas.

The only message in LogViewer was:
26-6-2018 16-18-11 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

Translated to English:
26-6-2018 16-18-11 RROR: The process cannot access the file "D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt" because it is used by another process.

I only started the game once, so no multiclient or something similar.
that has nothing to do with the UI, the client is VERY sensitive when it comes to read/write data from the disk so make sure your game folder can be accessed from the user "everyone" and have all the privileges to read/write/control files.
Also make sure your antivirus/windows defender/firewall/etc.. are not scanning the client in any way (make exceptions for the game folder and the game exe), and always start the client as admin.
As final check, do a file check for the client (in case some file got corrupted somehow).

Doing the same to EC Playsound will avoid other problems.

The error you posted is quite common, since that file is read and written by EC Playsound and the client, sometimes both try to write it at the same time and the error pop up :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Editing a macro is a nightmare.

Half the time you can't edit individual pieces (they either don't open or open blank) and sometimes when you delete a piece, it actually deletes the piece next to the one you're targeting...

Editing spoken commands seem to be the worst.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Editing a macro is a nightmare.

Half the time you can't edit individual pieces (they either don't open or open blank) and sometimes when you delete a piece, it actually deletes the piece next to the one you're targeting...

Editing spoken commands seem to be the worst.
that might happen with very old macros (made prior to the rework) or made with default, in any case until the new healthbars system is completed I can't do any fixing...
if you can send me a profile with one of those broken macros so after the new healthbars I can take a look at the problem :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having problems when I'm in a Party none of the Mobiles in the dock spots appear including my pets. When I drop from the party, the party bars remain and the mobiles still don't show up. I have to relog to get them working again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having problems when I'm in a Party none of the Mobiles in the dock spots appear including my pets. When I drop from the party, the party bars remain and the mobiles still don't show up. I have to relog to get them working again.
it doesn't matter anymore, I'm creating a whole New healthbars system. The old one is just too old and too far gone to bother fixing :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This just started happening last patch. Never had a problem before now... But I can wait until the new and improved health bars thanks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This just started happening last patch. Never had a problem before now... But I can wait until the new and improved health bars thanks.
yeah they must have changed something, but as I said the old system is been around too long (is one of the first systems I've added to the UI, so we're speaking of something almost 10 years old...). The system I'm making uses a more dynamic way to show and gather mobiles data so it will be lighter, and hopefully less "clicky" :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that might happen with very old macros (made prior to the rework) or made with default, in any case until the new healthbars system is completed I can't do any fixing...
if you can send me a profile with one of those broken macros so after the new healthbars I can take a look at the problem :)
These were macros that I had made earlier today. Literally tens of minutes before I tried to edit them. This was also a brand new profile.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These were macros that I had made earlier today. Literally tens of minutes before I tried to edit them. This was also a brand new profile.
Yeah but I don't know what kind of macro is it, what actions you are using, etc... :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While testing the new healthbars, I discovered something quite concerning... There are people around that uses weird name with symbols and they also have a guild with a tag with symbols (very specific symbols), if you walk by them the UI goes haywire... I bet that's a cause of lag during EM events, since there are LOTS of players possibly 1 or more with those symbols.

I'm fixing the problem now, the fix will be included with the new healthbars system...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I've had some new ideas, let me know what you think and if you have more :D

- block targeting if out of range for a spell
- target most injuered poisoned friendly (pet/party/guild) (maybe as option for the most injured target action? something like target poisoned first)
- target boss
- auto-target gold for bags of sending
- log mobile (new tool): allows to create a log file with the chat of a single mobile (also I can add the option to log only the damage done to you and/or taken by you)

Also the next rework will be the animal lore gump, so any idea you have about it I'm gathering it too, for now I have this:
- auto-recognize pet type
- find a way to reverse-engineering the modified stats...

and last (for now at least), I've started the conversion of the creatures DB into csv, so it should be lighter (at least in theory)...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd suggest adding an action to manually MAKE a mob a "boss." That way we set it so that to the boss at EM events uses the boss bar and we wont lose target (as we do now constantly).

Also, when logging out or closing the client: Please stop making it play music! I turn my music off for a reason, do not override that choice! Right now, if I run two accounts and then exit one (closing the client entirely) playsound stats playing the theme. Stop. That.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd suggest adding an action to manually MAKE a mob a "boss." That way we set it so that to the boss at EM events uses the boss bar and we wont lose target (as we do now constantly).

Also, when logging out or closing the client: Please stop making it play music! I turn my music off for a reason, do not override that choice! Right now, if I run two accounts and then exit one (closing the client entirely) playsound stats playing the theme. Stop. That.
the option to disable the music from EC Playsound will arrive soon (possibly with the new healthbars) :D

The action to flag as boss a mobile is a good idea, I'll put it on the list :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding to what Dot said above if you can't create an updating "Boss" bar can you please add Leviathans to your list? We do weekly White Net Tosses and while Scalis in on your boss list the Leviathans aren't. Thanks :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco a while ago you changed the Vendor Search function so that when the search results appear, you close the Vendor Search Window. Is there any way you can make that optional? I do multiple searches and it's annoying that the window closes and I have to reopen it to do the next search. Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding to what Dot said above if you can't create an updating "Boss" bar can you please add Leviathans to your list? We do weekly White Net Tosses and while Scalis in on your boss list the Leviathans aren't. Thanks :)
that can be added, but I'll do that with the creatures DB, I have a lot of data to add/change in there anyways :D

@Pinco a while ago you changed the Vendor Search function so that when the search results appear, you close the Vendor Search Window. Is there any way you can make that optional? I do multiple searches and it's annoying that the window closes and I have to reopen it to do the next search. Thanks
you don't have to re-open the vendor search, in the top-left corner of the results there is the button to remove the results and go back to the search...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DOH! Thanks for pointing that out, it's even better than keeping the search window open.. You're the best!!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Issues:

Settings for the mobiles list doesn't appear to save. Now they're saving. Weird.
I want to move dockspots around as they are in terrible placed on my screen... Figured it out.
Vet statues should be ignored completely (they say sculpted by)
I'm also getting other invul NPCs: Town Criers, Gorrow the Mayor, etc.
Autoclose doesn't seem to save on any dockspot.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Issues:

Settings for the mobiles list doesn't appear to save. Now they're saving. Weird.
I want to move dockspots around as they are in terrible placed on my screen... Figured it out.
Vet statues should be ignored completely (they say sculpted by)
I'm also getting other invul NPCs: Town Criers, Gorrow the Mayor, etc.
Autoclose doesn't seem to save on any dockspot.
the autoclose should work now, the vet statues are ignored, but the client can't get the properties sometimes (one of the bugs I mentioned...), you have to manually mouse over the statue to get rid of it, possibly also the town criers, etc... but I need to investigate further those.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the autoclose should work now, the vet statues are ignored, but the client can't get the properties sometimes (one of the bugs I mentioned...), you have to manually mouse over the statue to get rid of it, possibly also the town criers, etc... but I need to investigate further those.
I'm not getting a boss bar for the Great Ape, before I did.

Reloading the UI wipes your settings for the bars completely, meaning you have to set them up all over again.

There are also bars for attackable barrels... which is silly. They don't move, so we really don't need bars for them :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not getting a boss bar for the Great Ape, before I did.

Reloading the UI wipes your settings for the bars completely, meaning you have to set them up all over again.

There are also bars for attackable barrels... which is silly. They don't move, so we really don't need bars for them :p
now it should save correctly :)

The boss bar is not part of this package, it will work properly again when I finish the rework on the creatures DB... for the barrels I need the body ID, color ID, the exact name and any other info you can provide :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't move any of the dockspots
User settings - Options are blank totally,
Menus from NPC's are blank after opening the 2nd time
Several items in my houses - cursor over is blank

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
now it should save correctly :)

The boss bar is not part of this package, it will work properly again when I finish the rework on the creatures DB... for the barrels I need the body ID, color ID, the exact name and any other info you can provide :p

Its just Barrel
It says [Attackable] under the name.
ID: -9995986 (which is an absolutely absurd item number, one I know doesn't actually exist)
No hue, so 0.

These things are in the Great Ape's lair in Eodon, on the central plateau.

The art view action doesn't work. I can't even put it in a hotbar as it already says it exists, which is clearly impossible since it didn't exist until today. Yes, I deleted my old action to get there through the debug window. (I made a macro to open the window, but I don't see any changes. What are they?)

I suggest that you have the message saying that something already exists be more specific, i.e. Hotbar5, slot 9. Allowing us to name the hotbars would be a good idea as well.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinco, could the mouseover popup window be smaller? It has a tremendous amount of wasted black space that is just annoying.

The smaller these could be, while still being useable, the better. We really don't need the picture. Just the name, ID, HueID, weight and status (locked down, etc.).

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
all my scalings are messed up, looks like I shouldn't of touched anything until you fully resolved whatever it is you've done! xD

It's cool anyway, I needed to re-install and do everything from scratch I'm using old layout/macro's from 2 years ago needs re-doing but damn Pinco yea I can't see options and scaling/layout gui issues!

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Love the new healthbars so far, just wanted to say that before.

Also, got the following errors when I open the user settings menu.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [SettingsWindow.SelectTab]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/Utilities/LuaUtils.lua"]:58: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got string)

Script Call failed - Error while calling [SettingsWindow.OnShown]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/Utilities/LuaUtils.lua"]:58: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got string)

Also seems like the search isn't working in the User Settings.

Finally, the mount command seems to be ignoring my pet, not sure what's going on there, no error related to it as far as I can tell.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
With the latest patch, my "last object" key exists the client completely.
Old bugs: with the Pinco client, drag the "weight" icon to the task bar. Switch to plain EC and the same icon now reads "missing string".
Old bugs: with the Pinco client, drag the "luck" icon to the task bar. Switch to plain EC and the same icon now reads "stats".

The "last object" is a killer, I'm back on vanilla EC for now.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Complete re-install, registry clean and deleted profiles folder, gui layout and scaling does not save and still can't see anything in the options section of options other than select language.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
User Settings Blank
Loot monster grid and list view blank and sometimes even legacy blank
How do you move the mobiles bar?
What does the Filter bar do besides show overflow from the mobiles bar?
Dang, we need an instruction book for this one, tough to learn for me so far.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new healthbars are up and running :)

Let the flaming begin! :lol:
Pinko, I love the new bars. A very nice QoL improvement.
I noticed a small bug. For the mobile filters, I have attackable (White) checked, while "Neutral Animals" Unchecked. The mobiles bar started showing goats and turkeys and such after the update.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I remove the filter box off to the side of my mobiles?
It would be awesome if this was just a magnifying glass by the dockspot until clicked on.
switching between close left/right changes the position of the filter box, I'll see if I can add a button to open/close it...

Its just Barrel
It says [Attackable] under the name.
ID: -9995986 (which is an absolutely absurd item number, one I know doesn't actually exist)
No hue, so 0.

These things are in the Great Ape's lair in Eodon, on the central plateau.

The art view action doesn't work. I can't even put it in a hotbar as it already says it exists, which is clearly impossible since it didn't exist until today. Yes, I deleted my old action to get there through the debug window. (I made a macro to open the window, but I don't see any changes. What are they?)

I suggest that you have the message saying that something already exists be more specific, i.e. Hotbar5, slot 9. Allowing us to name the hotbars would be a good idea as well.
ok, I've added the barrels to the ignore list, and fixed the body ID parsing :)

the art viewer did work, check for errors if it still doesn't... also if it says you already have it is because you must have the old "Debug Window" action around.
It doesn't say where the duplicate is, because it highlights the slot in red :D

Pinco, could the mouseover popup window be smaller? It has a tremendous amount of wasted black space that is just annoying.

The smaller these could be, while still being useable, the better. We really don't need the picture. Just the name, ID, HueID, weight and status (locked down, etc.).
in the user settings there is the scale option for item properties, changing the layout of those will require a MASSIVE amount of work and at the moment there is still the creatures DB, animal lore, and all the actions list of the other day to do :D

all my scalings are messed up, looks like I shouldn't of touched anything until you fully resolved whatever it is you've done! xD

It's cool anyway, I needed to re-install and do everything from scratch I'm using old layout/macro's from 2 years ago needs re-doing but damn Pinco yea I can't see options and scaling/layout gui issues!
yeah, old profiles don't work anymore, you need to get rid of the user data folder entirely to start clean :)
Love the new healthbars so far, just wanted to say that before.

Also, got the following errors when I open the user settings menu.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [SettingsWindow.SelectTab]:

Script Call failed - Error while calling [SettingsWindow.OnShown]:

Also seems like the search isn't working in the User Settings.

Finally, the mount command seems to be ignoring my pet, not sure what's going on there, no error related to it as far as I can tell.
Those errors should be gone and the user settings should work again properly

With the latest patch, my "last object" key exists the client completely.
Old bugs: with the Pinco client, drag the "weight" icon to the task bar. Switch to plain EC and the same icon now reads "missing string".
Old bugs: with the Pinco client, drag the "luck" icon to the task bar. Switch to plain EC and the same icon now reads "stats".

The "last object" is a killer, I'm back on vanilla EC for now.
default UI and my UI are not really compatible with each other (especially actions and stats that have different IDs).

The last object problem is not related to the UI, that's entirely inside the client. Perhaps the last item you were trying to use is the key to fix the crashes that were happening in the last months, maybe that item used with last object cause the crash for many people... you should really find out more details about that :)

Complete re-install, registry clean and deleted profiles folder, gui layout and scaling does not save and still can't see anything in the options section of options other than select language.
the scale problem it's possibly related to the bugs reported with the last patch, try now :)

User Settings Blank
Loot monster grid and list view blank and sometimes even legacy blank
How do you move the mobiles bar?
What does the Filter bar do besides show overflow from the mobiles bar?
Dang, we need an instruction book for this one, tough to learn for me so far.
the blank problem is possibly related to the other bugs, just try now and check for errors if it happens again :p

Reading what I wrote in the new would have help to know things you know...? :D
Anyway: you CANNOT move the healthbars. The dockspots can be moved only when the settings are open.
The filter in the mobiles bar is for searching ANY mobile on screen (no matter what filter you have), the one on the filters settings is an additional filter (so you can see only blue mobiles with a name that contains "The Wandering Healer" for example).

Also remember: if you have multiple filters set, you can switch between them with the new action, so you can very fast pass from a "healer" filtering on friends to a "dps" filtering on everything else but friends with 1 button :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinko, I love the new bars. A very nice QoL improvement.
I noticed a small bug. For the mobile filters, I have attackable (White) checked, while "Neutral Animals" Unchecked. The mobiles bar started showing goats and turkeys and such after the update.
that could be related to the other bugs I just fixed, try now, in any case, with the rework of the creatures DB, recognizing the right type of creatures will be much more accurate (if all goes as planned :D )

Also remember that the filters in the user settings doesn't count anymore for the mobile bars, those are just for the overhead bars (as the sub-title there says), the only filters that counts for the mobiles bar are the one you set on the mobiles bar itself.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also remember that the filters in the user settings doesn't count anymore for the mobile bars, those are just for the overhead bars (as the sub-title there says), the only filters that counts for the mobiles bar are the one you set on the mobiles bar itself.
Yeah, my bad, I just noticed that mobiles bar has it's own set. False alarm :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco when I move the Dockspots to where I want them they don't save when I log off and back on. Other than that small issue I love the changes so far.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco when I move the Dockspots to where I want them they don't save when I log off and back on. Other than that small issue I love the changes so far.
glad you like it, it's fixed now :)

Also the button to toggle the searchbox is up :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Item Search is not working on NPC Vendors. Tried searching on Bolt on the Tailor NPC and got 0 results. Also tried Cloth and Tub. None are working.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Odd, but the search worked on NPC Vendors in Luna but not the NPC Tailor Vendor in Minoc. This is on Legends and he's outside the tailor shop. Looks like the other vendors work in Minoc though. It's just Carlos the Tailor that's being picky lol

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
the scale problem it's possibly related to the bugs reported with the last patch, try now :)
My profile/EA games folder is brand new, folders have full permissions, scaling is very weird when saving, it saves some and defaults others and when you go to make another save it defaults everything back to original size. I noticed another small patch come in, do I have to create everything from scratch again?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Odd, but the search worked on NPC Vendors in Luna but not the NPC Tailor Vendor in Minoc. This is on Legends and he's outside the tailor shop. Looks like the other vendors work in Minoc though. It's just Carlos the Tailor that's being picky lol
what did you type in the box?

My profile/EA games folder is brand new, folders have full permissions, scaling is very weird when saving, it saves some and defaults others and when you go to make another save it defaults everything back to original size. I noticed another small patch come in, do I have to create everything from scratch again?
what have you tried to scale? perhaps is a specific window that has some problem...

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok so 100% if you try and resize the scale button it will return to default size, could be seen as nice safety feature tho xD

Certain hotbars keep resizing when scaled, these hotbars contain just regular character stats like DCI/FC/FCR etc, I have a weight capacity in it's own hotbar and scaling will not save on that 100%. I have 2 other hotbars on their own, one contains Fame and other total gold amount and they resize to default....eventually, I really don't know what's going on, maybe I should make new hotbars because I did them before a few small updates you made an hour or so ago? Also don't know if it helps but I play fullscreen borderless.

Btw on the feedback I like the new mobiles/party changes, just a shame the follower's isn't a seperate thing because ultimately you would want that scaled to be bigger as it's an important healthbar + you did a great GUI/added feature job and added lore etc options but resizing it would make the mobiles/party/pinned large too which is a big no no.

so in total I always scale - Health/mana/stamina bar, handful of hotbars with character stats and general options (house security, loot bag etc), 1 hotbar with kit switch, 3 skill bars.

Last edited: