• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope it comes out soon, I felt like a total dumbass this morning at our guildhunt. We did Blackthorn Dungeon which with our mix and choice of characters entails a high level of cross healing. I'm sitting here with 6 guildmates healthbars up and they all say 100% health - all the time!!! ----- and my guildies can heal fast enough to keep us alive but I'm not healing anyone because I can't even see who is low or even getting low on health. Also about half the time the boss's bar that we were fighting did not even exist to me and I couldn't even help kill anything.
The boss bar will work much better with the new creatures DB, also there is going to be the action to set a mobile as boss and the target boss action :)
If all goes well, I should be able to deploy the patch this week :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the patch comes out this week. The new system is very buggy as it rarely shows the correct damage now and my pets or guildies have died since I didn't know they were damaged. I never had this problem under the old system. And to be honest I'm not really liking the "PopUp" feature when you mouse over a mobile bar, specially on the "Foes" list. It makes targeting harder and I have to keep moving my mouse away from the bars in order to see it refreshed and to target a new mob. I've been using this exclusively for the last few weeks and I have to admit I preferred the old mobile bars with the 3 colored dots to heal, cure or invis (or whatever you set them to). Waiting for the Popup and then clicking on the Picture (icon) of whatever spell is so much slower now. The only feature I really like is the fact that the mobile bars don't move when you're over one so you can heal that target easier.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Zeke, I do NOT like the popup bars. It only slows down the action that needs to be fastest --- to keep friend/pet healed or cured.
I think you should rethink this Pinco, please. Maybe you could make it so that you click and the bar expands, otherwise it remains static and easier to move around on the bars when healing multiple targets? Just an idea, but please get rid of that expand please.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the patch comes out this week. The new system is very buggy as it rarely shows the correct damage now and my pets or guildies have died since I didn't know they were damaged. I never had this problem under the old system. And to be honest I'm not really liking the "PopUp" feature when you mouse over a mobile bar, specially on the "Foes" list. It makes targeting harder and I have to keep moving my mouse away from the bars in order to see it refreshed and to target a new mob. I've been using this exclusively for the last few weeks and I have to admit I preferred the old mobile bars with the 3 colored dots to heal, cure or invis (or whatever you set them to). Waiting for the Popup and then clicking on the Picture (icon) of whatever spell is so much slower now. The only feature I really like is the fact that the mobile bars don't move when you're over one so you can heal that target easier.
I agree with Zeke, I do NOT like the popup bars. It only slows down the action that needs to be fastest --- to keep friend/pet healed or cured.
I think you should rethink this Pinco, please. Maybe you could make it so that you click and the bar expands, otherwise it remains static and easier to move around on the bars when healing multiple targets? Just an idea, but please get rid of that expand please.
as I said in the other post the option to disable the buttons will be there in the next patch, beyond that there is nothing I can do... I explained that design from the very first idea of the rework and all were fine with it, and as I explained before the rework begun: after the rework is done there will be no way back and I can only do small tweaking.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just looked back and on July 9, I posted on the New Healthbars page that I didn't like them at all and several others did also.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just looked back and on July 9, I posted on the New Healthbars page that I didn't like them at all and several others did also.
yeah but the system was released July 5, and I started working on the new healthbars June 17 with that very idea as core of the system and noone said anything about it...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking about the problem, and there could be another way to see the buttons that is not too big to implement...

The idea is to increase the bar size a little bit and on the bottom of the bar having the 3 red green blue buttons + 2 extra buttons (yellow and purple?) for skills and items. That won't provide the same amount of functions as it does now, but it would be the best compromise given the available space....

Let me know what do you think about that, or if you have a better idea.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm willing to give it a shot. I really don't like the popups so.... Thanks again for taking our feedback and actually acting on it.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds better to me, wish we could see it but if you say it'll be better, I'll take your word for it. I suppose there is no way to make it an option so that if you want and like it you can use it and if you don't just shut it off?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds better to me, wish we could see it but if you say it'll be better, I'll take your word for it. I suppose there is no way to make it an option so that if you want and like it you can use it and if you don't just shut it off?
yeah, there can be an option to disable them... there is the option to disable the buttons completely so why not :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, as soon as I finish this thing with the small buttons the patch will be ready (as usual if nothing goes wrong) :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has happened to me quite often, it is easily fixed but you have to shut down the followers bar and open again and in a fight there's no time for that.

Errors:
[18/07/26][07:59:49] Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
[18/07/26][07:59:49] <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/Utilities/StringUtils.lua"]:484: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (wstring expected, got string)

Screenshot (100).png

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it bad to have 2 clients open? I use 2 characters/accounts sometimes when one of them (usually my thunter) gets killed in the wee hours of the morn and no one to rez and no healers around. Does it mess up our settings?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it bad to have 2 clients open? I use 2 characters/accounts sometimes when one of them (usually my thunter) gets killed in the wee hours of the morn and no one to rez and no healers around. Does it mess up our settings?
Since the time I made all the character settings separated it shouldn't be a problem, but from what I read in the newsletter doing that can get you banned...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the time I made all the character settings separated it shouldn't be a problem, but from what I read in the newsletter doing that can get you banned...
You can run multiple clients at the same time but if you're using a certain 3rd party program that allows you to control all of them with the same key stroke, then that can get you banned.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not multi boxing when I do that, I'm running dual clients - not 2 clients both controlled simultaneously by one mouse or keyboard - that's multiboxing, big difference. Multi clienting is legal, multiboxing is not. Correct?

For instance, I use my tamer to rez my archer's swampy, how do you do that if you don't run two clients? Either wait 20 minutes for the stable guy to finally decide he is allowed to rez him or get another tamer to rez him and that's not easy on a quiet shard and is also a huge inconvenience to that tamer.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not multi boxing when I do that, I'm running dual clients - not 2 clients both controlled simultaneously by one mouse or keyboard - that's multiboxing, big difference. Multi clienting is legal, multiboxing is not. Correct?

For instance, I use my tamer to rez my archer's swampy, how do you do that if you don't run two clients? Either wait 20 minutes for the stable guy to finally decide he is allowed to rez him or get another tamer to rez him and that's not easy on a quiet shard and is also a huge inconvenience to that tamer.
that's why UO is a mass single player online rpg XD

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This small buttons I've added, the yellow one will be for skills:
- Animal Lore
- Animal Taming
- Discordance
- Peacemaking
- Provocation
- Begging

the other for items:
- Bandage
- Bolas

Is there any other skill or item that you might need? :)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I did a character transfer last night. When I arrived, the gump that prompted me to get my backpack inventory and clothes never appeared. I had to unload Pinco's to get that gump and claim my clothes and inventory. (and I'm still having to unload Pinco's to access "transfer gold" at the bank.)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, is there any way you can make an action to "Pin" a target bar. I've run into quite a few cases where the mob didn't show on the mobiles bar and had to tab to get the target, but then there was no way to pin it. This is usually the case with EM bosses. You had an action to create mobile bar from target so maybe this is something you can tweak.

@Dizzy, I just log off and back on to get the crate every time I transfer, I believe it has something to do with the creation of the profile that closes the gump.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a character transfer last night. When I arrived, the gump that prompted me to get my backpack inventory and clothes never appeared. I had to unload Pinco's to get that gump and claim my clothes and inventory. (and I'm still having to unload Pinco's to access "transfer gold" at the bank.)
I can't test that, unfortunately I can't copy characters from EJ accounts. Check for errors, maybe there is a clue there....

@Pinco, is there any way you can make an action to "Pin" a target bar. I've run into quite a few cases where the mob didn't show on the mobiles bar and had to tab to get the target, but then there was no way to pin it. This is usually the case with EM bosses. You had an action to create mobile bar from target so maybe this is something you can tweak.

@Dizzy, I just log off and back on to get the crate every time I transfer, I believe it has something to do with the creation of the profile that closes the gump.
Use "Create healthbar from current target" :D

The bun is out of the over, the patch is out, let's see how it goes :banana:

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I just log off and back on to get the crate every time I transfer, I believe it has something to do with the creation of the profile that closes the gump.
That no longer works with Pinco's running. It does work if I use plain EC.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Vendor search is showing incomplete results. If I search for "essence of precision" or "void orbs", an imbuing ingredient likely to be sold in groups of 10 or 100, the quantity isn't shown. Pinco's vendor search will show "essence of precision" and 100,000 gold.

In plain EC, the same search will show "10 essence of precision" and I can see the quantity.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vendor search is showing incomplete results. If I search for "essence of precision" or "void orbs", an imbuing ingredient likely to be sold in groups of 10 or 100, the quantity isn't shown. Pinco's vendor search will show "essence of precision" and 100,000 gold.

In plain EC, the same search will show "10 essence of precision" and I can see the quantity.
it should work now :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the Boss Bar action it says that invulnerable NPCs can't be set as a boss... Why? Most EM boss mobs start out invulnerable, then go red. It'd be nice to set them as the boss as soon as we can, especially since lots of EMs seem to enjoy adding the annoyingly random teleport ability.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's there errors from after today's 2nd patch:

Script Call failed - Error while calling [GenericGump.OnLabelInit]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/GenericGump/GenericGump.lua"]:99: attempt to index global 'GumpData' (a nil value)

Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window WarButton does not exist

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Healthbars/StatusWindow/StatusWindow.lua"]:1127: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'curMana' (a nil value)

Invalid Parameters to: StatusBarSetCurrentValue(string, number) -> (string="StatusWindowStaminaBar", nil="NIL")

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Went to claim pets, got these two, and I can only see the pet I stabled beforehand.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [PetsList.Initialize]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Pets List/Pets List.lua"]:123: attempt to index local 'petType' (a nil value)

[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/GenericGump/GenericGump.lua"]:99: attempt to index global 'GumpData' (a nil value)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the Boss Bar action it says that invulnerable NPCs can't be set as a boss... Why? Most EM boss mobs start out invulnerable, then go red. It'd be nice to set them as the boss as soon as we can, especially since lots of EMs seem to enjoy adding the annoyingly random teleport ability.
it won't work because invulnerable mobiles have no status... but you can pin the bar and set it as boss later when it turns :)

Here's there errors from after today's 2nd patch:

Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window WarButton does not exist

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Healthbars/StatusWindow/StatusWindow.lua"]:1127: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'curMana' (a nil value)

Invalid Parameters to: StatusBarSetCurrentValue(string, number) -> (string="StatusWindowStaminaBar", nil="NIL")
Went to claim pets, got these two, and I can only see the pet I stabled beforehand.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [PetsList.Initialize]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Pets List/Pets List.lua"]:123: attempt to index local 'petType' (a nil value)

those should be fixed :p

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Might not exactly a bug, but tooltips are now quantifying EVERYTHING. As in, "1 Kotl Black Rod"

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Macros still won't let you set the hotkey to an already-used hotkey...

Error:
Script Call failed - Error while calling [UO_StandardDialog.OnLButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:2436: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Macros still won't let you set the hotkey to an already-used hotkey...

Error:
Script Call failed - Error while calling [UO_StandardDialog.OnLButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:2436: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
I can't replicate this, I need you to tell me step by step how do you get that error...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that everytime for me but all I have to do is log out and back in and the gump is there. transfer and even bank balance are still a problem for me too.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Health bars are still not updating. My pets stated at 100% even though it was taking damage.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Health bars are still not updating. My pets stated at 100% even though it was taking damage.
I need a way to test this because it worked for at least 40 minutes while I was using a pet taking damage...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't replicate this, I need you to tell me step by step how do you get that error...
I open the macro menu, right-click an already made macro, choose assign hotkey, use the key/keys, then get a dialog box saying that X macro is already using that hotkey (usually it's a pre-made macro it mentions) with a YES and NO buttons. I click YES, but nothing happens. The dialog box remains unless I click NO.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that everytime for me but all I have to do is log out and back in and the gump is there. transfer and even bank balance are still a problem for me too.
the bank balance works fine now, if it doesn't appear check for errors. I can't test transfers so I can't say about that :/

I open the macro menu, right-click an already made macro, choose assign hotkey, use the key/keys, then get a dialog box saying that X macro is already using that hotkey (usually it's a pre-made macro it mentions) with a YES and NO buttons. I click YES, but nothing happens. The dialog box remains unless I click NO.
it must be something specific to the button you are using because I changed hotkeys between several macros and all was fine... Unless for some weird bug you have the same button set to multiple things, in that case you have first to clear the button in 1 of those actions then retry.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When clicking the Shadowguard Enchanted Crystal Ball, the gump for the crystal portals opens. No error generated.