• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First I need to finish the creatures DB data entry... I have about 100 more monsters to complete it. Speaking of which is there anyone here who knows the body ID of the great ape? :D
If you mean the ID that shows up when mousing over him, that is 1308

While retrieving that number, I died and most of the items in my pack are now invisible.

Here are my errors:

ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\UO\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\46882850_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\UO\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Last edited:

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
update on corpse loot crashing : (grid view) If you leave corpses for a certain amount of time the gold will not be visible, if you double click the corpse again with it's loot open you will crash.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decided to go fish up some chests, had to sail my ship quite a ways, crossed a server line and all my items in my backpack grid disappeared except for 1 runebook and 3 loose runes. Cursor over the blank spaces where the items should be and it shows them to be there but they are invisible.
And I can't open a chest or container while sailing, it just closes instantly. I usually sort stuff on my voyages so that is not very convenient.
This is the only error I show for today but I have had a lot of problems and i have no idea about what the time means, whether it's USA or where I am.
ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.
I just logged out and back in and now there is NOTHING showing in my backpack but the stuff is still there I think, I see names when I mouse over.

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah but having more dockspot is not the answer, besides adding more dockspots is not an option since it will require to re-write most of system once again.... but probably I can find a way to add an option to use the 2 columns of the mobile bar and use 1 for friends and 1 for foes...
:D
That would be awesome.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you mean the ID that shows up when mousing over him, that is 1308

While retrieving that number, I died and most of the items in my pack are now invisible.

Here are my errors:

ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\UO\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\46882850_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\UO\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.
great that exactly the Id I needed, thanks :D

update on corpse loot crashing : (grid view) If you leave corpses for a certain amount of time the gold will not be visible, if you double click the corpse again with it's loot open you will crash.
Decided to go fish up some chests, had to sail my ship quite a ways, crossed a server line and all my items in my backpack grid disappeared except for 1 runebook and 3 loose runes. Cursor over the blank spaces where the items should be and it shows them to be there but they are invisible.
And I can't open a chest or container while sailing, it just closes instantly. I usually sort stuff on my voyages so that is not very convenient.
This is the only error I show for today but I have had a lot of problems and i have no idea about what the time means, whether it's USA or where I am.
ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.
I just logged out and back in and now there is NOTHING showing in my backpack but the stuff is still there I think, I see names when I mouse over.
I'm going to re-design the register/unregister process at this point, it shouldn't take long and we'll see if it's better :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of the chests from this run after I downloaded the patch disappeared.

However, I moved one of the chests and it crashed me which brought up this - whenever I mark on the waterstained SOS's and log out or in the above case, lose the game or connection, it erases all the locations I have just marked, very irritating as I mark a bunch so that I can be efficient at fishing them up.

And one more thing, now the bag of SOS's - some are named Waterstained SOS and others are named Message in a Bottle. All of them are in the scroll graphic and all came from a Davie Jones locker and have been in there for ages and all of them were turned into scrolls before I ever put them in the locker, I never put bottles in the lockers.

Grummelbart

Visitor
Hi Pinco

I just did some quests with my tamer in Eodon.
The following things struck me.

1. the life bar of my pet was not updated, constant to 100% until it was death. The same after I resurrected it, it was on 100% until I applied Animal Lore - after that the bar showed the correct values again.
2. in the quest - "The Pride of the Ambush" you have to free Tiger Cub from cages and accompany the little ones home. Here the life bar was constantly empty - there was not even a life display.

3. It happened to me yesterday. I could no longer write in the chat, Enter was no longer accepted and no click on the chat icon. Today this worked.

Here is the error log, hope it helps you
Code:
[indent]08-06-2018 10-05-01 Error in function call 'WindowSetTintColor': Window MobileBar_3181184HealthBar does not exist

08-06-2018 10-00-26 Error in function call 'WindowSetTintColor': Window MobileBar_10526787HealthBar does not exist

8-7-2018 9-55-43 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

08-06-2018 09-53-19 Error in function call 'WindowSetTintColor': Window MobileBar_3172904HealthBar does not exist

8-7-2018 9-44-56 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

08-06-2018 09-02-52 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

8-7-2018 9-0-54 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

8-7-2018 9-0-41 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

8-7-2018 9-0-34 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

08-06-2018 08-56-30 Script Call failed - Error while calling [MobileHealthBar.ButtonAvailabilityUpdate]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Healthbars/MobileHealthBar/MobileHealthBar.lua"]:62: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

8-7-2018 8-55-9 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

08-06-2018 08-34-22 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

08-06-2018 07-16-41 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

08-06-2018 07-06-14 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist[/indent]
Thank you:)

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi Pinco

1. the life bar of my pet was not updated, constant to 100% until it was death. The same after I resurrected it, it was on 100% until I applied Animal Lore - after that the bar showed the correct values again.
I find this only happens to me after I unmount from a pet, I assume you're using a mountable pet?

Grummelbart

Visitor
Yes, i'm using a Cu Sidhe. But this is cautiously new. Before the Healthbar update this only affected the Training Progress, now also the life display

Edit:
It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Cu Sidhe. I am currently on my Meele and have not even gotten off my horse since I logged in. The life bars on this character are also - from all enemies (polar bears and seals) constant to 100% before they die.

But now there is a new error message in the log.

Code:
08-06-2018 13-30-24 Error in function call 'WindowSetTintColor': Window DragWindowActionSquareIcon does not exist
08-06-2018 13-30-07 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~

Last edited:

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ok container's seem to be working now as they should, I can't get that crash thing to happen either.

another problem though, I'm fighting monsters and their health bar is 100%! If i lore them, I get their updated health...2 secs or so later! it's very slow, what could this be?

edit - ok i seem to fix it by relogging and setting healthbar updates to realtime (i changed it from default earlier from 5-4, maybe changing it caused problems for me in the first place maybe?)

also another issue, my mastery is being lost on every relog ie the mastery skills are becoming inactive and when I click on my mastery book I have no mastery selected but my mastery is still working! (i use peacemaking, my song is still up).

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
In the new target protection system, you can no longer target an item in your backpack. For instance, casting flamestrike and targeting a container in your backpack doesn't work.

I understand your reason, but this is a popular method for training magery since it does no damage, but still casts the spell and uses mana. So now, I have to unload Pinco's to train magery.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of the chests from this run after I downloaded the patch disappeared.

However, I moved one of the chests and it crashed me which brought up this - whenever I mark on the waterstained SOS's and log out or in the above case, lose the game or connection, it erases all the locations I have just marked, very irritating as I mark a bunch so that I can be efficient at fishing them up.

And one more thing, now the bag of SOS's - some are named Waterstained SOS and others are named Message in a Bottle. All of them are in the scroll graphic and all came from a Davie Jones locker and have been in there for ages and all of them were turned into scrolls before I ever put them in the locker, I never put bottles in the lockers.
Hi Pinco

2. in the quest - "The Pride of the Ambush" you have to free Tiger Cub from cages and accompany the little ones home. Here the life bar was constantly empty - there was not even a life display.

3. It happened to me yesterday. I could no longer write in the chat, Enter was no longer accepted and no click on the chat icon. Today this worked.

Here is the error log, hope it helps you
Code:
[indent]08-06-2018 10-05-01 Error in function call 'WindowSetTintColor': Window MobileBar_3181184HealthBar does not exist

08-06-2018 10-00-26 Error in function call 'WindowSetTintColor': Window MobileBar_10526787HealthBar does not exist

8-7-2018 9-55-43 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

08-06-2018 09-53-19 Error in function call 'WindowSetTintColor': Window MobileBar_3172904HealthBar does not exist

8-7-2018 9-44-56 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

08-06-2018 09-02-52 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

8-7-2018 9-0-54 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

8-7-2018 9-0-41 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

8-7-2018 9-0-34 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

08-06-2018 08-56-30 Script Call failed - Error while calling [MobileHealthBar.ButtonAvailabilityUpdate]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Healthbars/MobileHealthBar/MobileHealthBar.lua"]:62: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

8-7-2018 8-55-9 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

08-06-2018 08-34-22 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

08-06-2018 07-16-41 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

08-06-2018 07-06-14 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist[/indent]
Thank you:)
ok container's seem to be working now as they should, I can't get that crash thing to happen either.

another problem though, I'm fighting monsters and their health bar is 100%! If i lore them, I get their updated health...2 secs or so later! it's very slow, what could this be?

edit - ok i seem to fix it by relogging and setting healthbar updates to realtime (i changed it from default earlier from 5-4, maybe changing it caused problems for me in the first place maybe?)

also another issue, my mastery is being lost on every relog ie the mastery skills are becoming inactive and when I click on my mastery book I have no mastery selected but my mastery is still working! (i use peacemaking, my song is still up).
try now and let me know if it keeps happening this things with the healthbars... somehow the client stops receiving data from the server and the bars becomes static like a piece of wood.

In the new target protection system, you can no longer target an item in your backpack. For instance, casting flamestrike and targeting a container in your backpack doesn't work.

I understand your reason, but this is a popular method for training magery since it does no damage, but still casts the spell and uses mana. So now, I have to unload Pinco's to train magery.
As I wrote in the news the target protection systems works only with target cursor, so why are you using that for a macroing purpose? :D
Use the target stored on the chest and it's done :p

My bank balance no longer shows when I open my bankbox.
that's not an UI problem, the stupid balance gump just don't shows up or disappears without a reason... in any case check for errors just to be sure :)

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok mastery problem fixed and healthbars are fine atm still (I've just left it on realtime though).

The only other annoyances but nothing major I can think of right now is after a while durability checks will keep flashing from green to red and also you'll manage to pin your pet somehow and it's healthbar will keep bouncing from Follower to Pinned sections.

I'm a little bit miffed that you can't click on a shop npc/pet anymore and get the buy/sell/rename etc options as it's all linked to mobiles bar only but it's ok kinda I've learned to use filter to 1 nearest and then use the mobiles bar it's just un-natural is all i'm trying to say, a good feature didn't need to leave your GUI.

edit - the mobiles bar stops updating, prime example is nearest invunerable npc's, it was working initially and then it stopped working but when I press the cog it does "a reset" and starts updating again.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok mastery problem fixed and healthbars are fine atm still (I've just left it on realtime though).

The only other annoyances but nothing major I can think of right now is after a while durability checks will keep flashing from green to red and also you'll manage to pin your pet somehow and it's healthbar will keep bouncing from Follower to Pinned sections.

I'm a little bit miffed that you can't click on a shop npc/pet anymore and get the buy/sell/rename etc options as it's all linked to mobiles bar only but it's ok kinda I've learned to use filter to 1 nearest and then use the mobiles bar it's just un-natural is all i'm trying to say, a good feature didn't need to leave your GUI.

edit - the mobiles bar stops updating, prime example is nearest invunerable npc's, it was working initially and then it stopped working but when I press the cog it does "a reset" and starts updating again.
Pinning pets or party members shouldn't be possible, I'll add some more checks to prevent that :p

You can open the context menu from the healthbars as always, but the context menu are a bit annoying the way they work, sometimes you must right-click more than once to get them...

I'll check out why the invulnerables are causing problems (hoping that wasn't just a coincidence :D )

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ok, with the latest changes I was unable to replicate the bar stucked bug anymore, so it looks promising, let me know if it works for you too :D

That would be awesome.
new features up for the dockspots:
- Friends | Foes options to see the friends in 1 columns and foes in the other.
- When you are casting or you have a target in hande the healthbars won't expand.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
upload_2018-7-8_22-4-28.png

I tried resolving this by logging onto different characters, opening runebooks from my bag instead of hotbars but they all look like this! It's completely unusable. This was your latest patch, my friends was working until he downloaded it.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there a tutorial on the new hot bars? I was doing a Scalis net toss this morning and couldn’t figure them out. For instance, I couldn’t discord any kind of label or hot bar I was pulling up.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a tutorial on the new hot bars? I was doing a Scalis net toss this morning and couldn’t figure them out. For instance, I couldn’t discord any kind of label or hot bar I was pulling up.
the target protection system prevents you from targeting stuff out of range...
In any case is all in the news post :D

for bard skills the max range is: 8 + (skill / 15)

Also it prevents you from target a mobile when you need to target a musical instrument :)

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
cheers Pinco no major drama's anymore that break the game for me, nice typo btw I thought you were going to go in a infinite pattern of fix one thing break another but thx for ultimately fixing ^^

Just some little things
- When a target in 'Pinned' dies you can't right click it's healthbar away (kind of defeats the purpose of one of the settings 'Enable Right-Click to close Pinned healthbars')
- Item properties are being dragged with my mouse pointer more often than i'd like, maybe it's a problem you can resolve?
- I haven't looked at the boss bar for a few days but it "flashes" horribly, has this been fixed? (otherwise i'll just turn it off ^^)
- Suggestion ) I'm not a fan of the 'New Item Properties Layout' but it would be nice to improve the coloring of item properties, instead of having the 'Enable Item Properties Intensity Color' have a 'Enable Color for Properties Type' and have users customize the color groups, so for example Mage type properties like Spell Damage/LRC/Casting Focus in one group, fighter type properties like SSI/Damage Increase etc in another group etc etc.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cheers Pinco no major drama's anymore that break the game for me, nice typo btw I thought you were going to go in a infinite pattern of fix one thing break another but thx for ultimately fixing ^^

Just some little things
- When a target in 'Pinned' dies you can't right click it's healthbar away (kind of defeats the purpose of one of the settings 'Enable Right-Click to close Pinned healthbars')
- Item properties are being dragged with my mouse pointer more often than i'd like, maybe it's a problem you can resolve?
- I haven't looked at the boss bar for a few days but it "flashes" horribly, has this been fixed? (otherwise i'll just turn it off ^^)
- Suggestion ) I'm not a fan of the 'New Item Properties Layout' but it would be nice to improve the coloring of item properties, instead of having the 'Enable Item Properties Intensity Color' have a 'Enable Color for Properties Type' and have users customize the color groups, so for example Mage type properties like Spell Damage/LRC/Casting Focus in one group, fighter type properties like SSI/Damage Increase etc in another group etc etc.
Good, finally the bars updates as they should :D
Unfortunately the client has lots of bugs and almost nothing works as it should, so every fix is a matter of finding the workaround, and the workaround sometimes has some secondary effects on other things, and since I can't test everything every patch this is what happens .. :p

- The pinned disabled bars will be fixed in the next patch.
- The item properties losing position is a weird problem that I'm still trying to find out the cause, probably is something weird happening around... it should be fixed in the next patch :p
- The boss bar is not fully functional since the new healthbars system, it will be as soon as I finish the update on the creatures DB.
- Any change like the one you suggested to the item properties means a total remake of the system, and that is not on the table at the moment... Remember that the new system can be scaled down if you don't like it for its size. Besides it offers many features that the normal wall of text don't, like the item comparison with what you are wearing.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This new system is not nearly as intuitive as the old one, and I’m always against making things more complicated. I’ll have to go back to EC until I have a chance to study it and figure it out.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This new system is not nearly as intuitive as the old one, and I’m always against making things more complicated. I’ll have to go back to EC until I have a chance to study it and figure it out.
lol what's complicate about it? :D

Besides I've described it for weeks, telling everyone to read and say something about it, but nobody cares to read... sometimes I wonder why I bother to write them at all...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Besides I've described it for weeks, telling everyone to read and say something about it, but nobody cares to read... sometimes I wonder why I bother to write them at all...
You’re right - no time to read - thought I could just jump in for a Scalis net toss and figure it out on the fly - totally lost :) I’ll study it when I get a chance. The old way was just drag a label and you had a hot bar you could click to cast spells on. A whole different concept here. I will get around to studying it so I can use it :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You’re right - no time to read - thought I could just jump in for a Scalis net toss and figure it out on the fly - totally lost :) I’ll study it when I get a chance. The old way was just drag a label and you had a hot bar you could click to cast spells on. A whole different concept here. I will get around to studying it so I can use it :)
is the same, but you don't have to drag it anywhere, the dragged bars are always in the same place :p

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

So you can sit here and say you told people about it for weeks in advance. And so I can sit here and say you told people about it for weeks in advance :p

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
- Any change like the one you suggested to the item properties means a total remake of the system, and that is not on the table at the moment... Remember that the new system can be scaled down if you don't like it for its size. Besides it offers many features that the normal wall of text don't, like the item comparison with what you are wearing.
I like the added info, comparison of kit and dye info etc it just needs to be cleaned and condensed so much (i know you can scale but still...) as it's visually hurtful at 1st glance! It's not even a fact of getting used to it, I mean these are the things I find terrible about it:

- Weapon type damage is not a priority stat you need to glance at, yet it is at the top and visually it's very much taking your eyes away from other stuff, better down the bottom.
- Armor, same thing, resists aren't a priority when searching for armor yet it's taking up so much of the property window + would prefer down the bottom.
- Prized/Cursed etc needs centering (it's left aligned currently), slightly larger text.
- Human/elf/gargoyle needs to be waaaay smaller.

I think if it was done properly it would be a very nice update that people could appreciate a lot as it's used so often (but tbh the regular EC style seems good enough so would be hard pressed!) I mean your animal gump is pretty good atm, just saying ^^

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the added info, comparison of kit and dye info etc it just needs to be cleaned and condensed so much (i know you can scale but still...) as it's visually hurtful at 1st glance! It's not even a fact of getting used to it, I mean these are the things I find terrible about it:

- Weapon type damage is not a priority stat you need to glance at, yet it is at the top and visually it's very much taking your eyes away from other stuff, better down the bottom.
- Armor, same thing, resists aren't a priority when searching for armor yet it's taking up so much of the property window + would prefer down the bottom.
- Prized/Cursed etc needs centering (it's left aligned currently), slightly larger text.
- Human/elf/gargoyle needs to be waaaay smaller.

I think if it was done properly it would be a very nice update that people could appreciate a lot as it's used so often (but tbh the regular EC style seems good enough so would be hard pressed!) I mean your animal gump is pretty good atm, just saying ^^
the animal lore is something I must rework due to the update of the creatures DB... basically with that update the animal lore gump won't work anymore... and the creatures DB update is necessary to make the boss bar working properly so that's the serpent who eats his own tail :D

besides the item properties would require something like a month (probably more) to design and make it work, + the time to manage some of the exceptions for all the weird items around, also some items are too old and I can't find or test them (but people will complain that they can't get the properties right). It was a nightmare when I made this version, and at the time there were many more people giving feedbacks... doing it now would be MUCH worst because there are so few people left around, and of those probably only 1/10 of them even care of giving feedbacks and report bugs. I mean when I started I remember there was more life in the community in general, now it looks like numb, 90% of the people notice something only when punches them in the face :D
And let's not forget about the funding, at the current state, I'm scratching the bottom of the barrel... there is enough juice for a couple more months... seriously, it's like I'm :bdh:

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It does look pretty depressing, was major bugs for a good few days and only a handful giving any feedback and what's even more depressing is some actually just say "you know what, Pinco's isn't working I'll just switch back to EC" *cough treasure map guy! doosh! cough* , and those CC dinosaurs.... I was gonna proper lay in but it's worthless, these people don't change. I mean it is a crime how a modern interface is still getting shafted a fair bit by a barebones client made before 2000 like how can people justify it? seriously...Thing is I don't think you even have over 50% of UO user's on here Pinco, if that changed i'm sure things would look more productive right? I mean you gave them "goodies" with Pub 86 when really it needs to be a link with EC taking you to Pinco's surely?

Yea have to agree, best to work on the creature DB, getting that property thing sorted is a big task in itself as I said gonna be pretty hard to beat clean and efficient default properties anyway :p

Edit - Dizzy brought up an issue in another thread about not being able to macro Consume Damage and the other pet mastery abilities, also Mysticism's enhance could use the love, In actions Pinco you have 'Crafting Utilities' that macro's the Imbuing options so that means you could do these ones then?? Benefits like these are main reasons why people switch to your client :)

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, as the "treasure map guy", I play 20 minutes a day. I wake up, have a coffee, play 20 minutes, go earn a living, spend the evening with my wife, then crash after a day well spent.

I don't allocate time to beta test stuff. When it doesn't work, I try to drop back to plain vanilla EC. If it still doesn't work, I'm out of time anyway and I'll tray again tomorrow.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does look pretty depressing, was major bugs for a good few days and only a handful giving any feedback and what's even more depressing is some actually just say "you know what, Pinco's isn't working I'll just switch back to EC" *cough treasure map guy! doosh! cough* , and those CC dinosaurs.... I was gonna proper lay in but it's worthless, these people don't change. I mean it is a crime how a modern interface is still getting shafted a fair bit by a barebones client made before 2000 like how can people justify it? seriously...Thing is I don't think you even have over 50% of UO user's on here Pinco, if that changed i'm sure things would look more productive right? I mean you gave them "goodies" with Pub 86 when really it needs to be a link with EC taking you to Pinco's surely?

Yea have to agree, best to work on the creature DB, getting that property thing sorted is a big task in itself as I said gonna be pretty hard to beat clean and efficient default properties anyway :p

Edit - Dizzy brought up an issue in another thread about not being able to macro Consume Damage and the other pet mastery abilities, also Mysticism's enhance could use the love, In actions Pinco you have 'Crafting Utilities' that macro's the Imbuing options so that means you could do these ones then?? Benefits like these are main reasons why people switch to your client :)
The spells with a selection menu like enhance, poly, summon familiar, etc.. all have a context menu option for a default choice :p

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stumped at that!

upload_2018-7-10_14-24-34.png

Always shows up with this on your client, I can't remember if a default choice existed last time I was playing but I've poked everywhere around this client and can't find shiiiiii....
Noticed a thread that gave a screenshot of CC macro'ing, inside it's 'Cast spells' selections stuff like Consume Damage etc exists, so it would be lovely to have cast consume damage > nearest follower as an example :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stumped at that!

View attachment 83879

Always shows up with this on your client, I can't remember if a default choice existed last time I was playing but I've poked everywhere around this client and can't find shiiiiii....
Noticed a thread that gave a screenshot of CC macro'ing, inside it's 'Cast spells' selections stuff like Consume Damage etc exists, so it would be lovely to have cast consume damage > nearest follower as an example :p
if that gump comes from a mastery then it's not supported at the moment, I need to check what spell is and add the context menu...

Grummelbart

Visitor
Pet's life display froze again last evening while camping.
Maybe the logs will help?

Code:
09-06-2018 21-10-38 (PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_27982225):  Error executing Lua buffer D:\Users\Grummelbart\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data/PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_27982225/SavedVariables.lua: [string "D:\Users\Grummelbart\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data/PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_27982225/SavedVariables.lua"]:1717: attempt to index global 'MobilesOnScreen' (a nil value)
09-06-2018 20-51-16 (PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_16345817):  Error executing Lua buffer D:\Users\Grummelbart\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data/PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_16345817/SavedVariables.lua: [string "D:\Users\Grummelbart\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data/PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_16345817/SavedVariables.lua"]:1610: attempt to index global 'MobilesOnScreen' (a nil value)
09-06-2018 19-53-35 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
09-06-2018 18-29-15 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
09-06-2018 15-57-59 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~
09-06-2018 13-23-23 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
09-06-2018 12-40-42 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~
09-06-2018 12-23-29 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~
09-06-2018 11-49-08 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~
09-06-2018 11-03-06 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
This wasn't a huge drama, I just kept healing and I was surprised that the message came The pet is not injured.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet's life display froze again last evening while camping.
Maybe the logs will help?

Code:
09-06-2018 21-10-38 (PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_27982225):  Error executing Lua buffer D:\Users\Grummelbart\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data/PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_27982225/SavedVariables.lua: [string "D:\Users\Grummelbart\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data/PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_27982225/SavedVariables.lua"]:1717: attempt to index global 'MobilesOnScreen' (a nil value)
09-06-2018 20-51-16 (PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_16345817):  Error executing Lua buffer D:\Users\Grummelbart\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data/PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_16345817/SavedVariables.lua: [string "D:\Users\Grummelbart\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data/PlayerVariables_Drachenfels_16345817/SavedVariables.lua"]:1610: attempt to index global 'MobilesOnScreen' (a nil value)
09-06-2018 19-53-35 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
09-06-2018 18-29-15 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
09-06-2018 15-57-59 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~
09-06-2018 13-23-23 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
09-06-2018 12-40-42 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~
09-06-2018 12-23-29 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~
09-06-2018 11-49-08 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~
09-06-2018 11-03-06 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist
This wasn't a huge drama, I just kept healing and I was surprised that the message came The pet is not injured.
there is nothing in the logs, it would be useful to know if you noticed anything that could have triggered the problem, it seems to be something very specific...

Grummelbart

Visitor
Today it's the same thing. This time, beams are frozen at 3%. Maybe it has to do with my macro which I press quite often to aggronize as many mobs as possible?

Code:
Target Next Enemy -> Say all Kill -> WaitForTarg -> Cursor Target Current
at least that's the only thing I always do the same.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today it's the same thing. This time, beams are frozen at 3%. Maybe it has to do with my macro which I press quite often to aggronize as many mobs as possible?

Code:
Target Next Enemy -> Say all Kill -> WaitForTarg -> Cursor Target Current
at least that's the only thing I always do the same.
mmm It might be the current target... I'm reworking that too since I'm in the healthbars, just to be sure...

By the way, speaking of target window, I noticed something weird (I'm trying to understand if it's happening to everyone). Target an item (a crystal portal is perfect for the purpose), recall somewhere (or use the crystal portal), then walk around a bit, take other targets, then return to the initial item (the crystal portal). What's happening to me is that I can't see the item name anymore, and neither getting the item properties...
I have the feeling that is related to the pets bar not updating somehow, but I need to find out if the cause is changing the target, getting far away or who knows what :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mmm It might be the current target... I'm reworking that too since I'm in the healthbars, just to be sure...

By the way, speaking of target window, I noticed something weird (I'm trying to understand if it's happening to everyone). Target an item (a crystal portal is perfect for the purpose), recall somewhere (or use the crystal portal), then walk around a bit, take other targets, then return to the initial item (the crystal portal). What's happening to me is that I can't see the item name anymore, and neither getting the item properties...
I have the feeling that is related to the pets bar not updating somehow, but I need to find out if the cause is changing the target, getting far away or who knows what :D
I have noticed weirdness like that, I figured it was just UO being buggy as hell. (Especially since when I ran the CC last night to log something, 90% of the art had turned black for some reason...I just ignored it)

FYI there is an EM event on GL in 2 hours and 55 minutes if you wanted to test lag again!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed weirdness like that, I figured it was just UO being buggy as hell. (Especially since when I ran the CC last night to log something, 90% of the art had turned black for some reason...I just ignored it)

FYI there is an EM event on GL in 2 hours and 55 minutes if you wanted to test lag again!
if I finish to rework the target window i time I may come and see how it goes :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Debuff feature request:

Could you add a You're grey/criminal debuff so we know when we can't fo things like recall/gate/etc?

I can make an icon for it if you'd like, just need to know the dimensions...

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Debuff feature request:

Could you add a You're grey/criminal debuff so we know when we can't fo things like recall/gate/etc?

I can make an icon for it if you'd like, just need to know the dimensions...
unfortunately there is no way to track the criminal time... that has to be added server side...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wasn't getting the bar for most of the red spawn during that event, only about 4 bars were showing up :/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you key off the system messages?
I don't know if there are messages for every criminal action that resets the timer...
It would require some testing if someone is in the mood for it :D

The conditions are the following (quote from uoguide):
  • Stealing from a NPC or player (assuming you're caught!).
  • Healing or otherwise buffing a gray or red character.
  • Attacking and/or killing another blue character.
  • Looting a corpse you do not have the rights to.
  • Casting the Polymorph spell.
with poly it shouldn't be a problem (since you should be a criminal while the effect is active), looting if there are no messages is a big problem, same for stealing. Attacking or buffing should be detectable.

I wasn't getting the bar for most of the red spawn during that event, only about 4 bars were showing up :/
I was able to test the event, the main problem with that many mobiles (the peak was 214), is that the client cannot retrieve the info for all of them (there is some kind of internal cap), so no data = no bars... By filtering only the red I was able to get most of them tho...

Besides that, I checked the FPS difference with default and there is NO DIFFERENCE. For what I could see, the lag was a sum of 2 factors:
  1. Too many effects, even by activating the particle filter, the client process them, so they are there but invisible I think.
  2. Too many UI elements. Each and every mobile on screen has the name window created automatically (cannot be avoided or the speech for that mobile won't work). Each of those window has 3 more pieces, so for 214 mobiles is 856 UI elements standing there and being draw (even if there is no text to show) + all the elements you create (hotbars, chat, containers, etc...), you end up with an insane amount of UI elements that suddenly kills the performance. The worst performance that you can get is when everyone speaks or cast spells, because then other than staying still those UI elements also needs to be updated. If you notice, by having the names set to "Approaching", you get MASSIVE lag spikes by entering the portals, just because all those UI elements have something to be updated with.
I tried to block the names completely and stuff like that, but the main problem is that those elements are created, and even if they are not updated they are there. Then count that everytime you change area, they are destroyed and re-created...
IMHO the problem needs to be addessed inside the client somehow... it would require some tinkering because there is no easy solution... probably by creating those elements 1 every 0.1s instead of all of them at once it will improve the performance, but it will cause other problems like delayed chat messages and stuff like that. Also I think that another improvement would be to create the chat elements only for players, since in this cases we have MANY pets, summons, etc... we would get less lag in general since there will be less elements. In fact if you notice, on champion spawns you don't have lag, because the monsters don't talk (even if they are FAR less than 200 anyway) :D

Besides that I manage to fix a couple of bugs, like the scrolling position that keeps reset on public loots :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if there are messages for every criminal action that resets the timer...
It would require some testing if someone is in the mood for it :D

The conditions are the following (quote from uoguide):
  • Stealing from a NPC or player (assuming you're caught!).
  • Healing or otherwise buffing a gray or red character.
  • Attacking and/or killing another blue character.
  • Looting a corpse you do not have the rights to.
  • Casting the Polymorph spell.
with poly it shouldn't be a problem (since you should be a criminal while the effect is active), looting if there are no messages is a big problem, same for stealing. Attacking or buffing should be detectable.
I wouldn't worry about polymorph, as being grey only happens in Fel, and only as long as you're in a non-human form (not timered). Healing and looting a corpse don't give a message, though they used to...

Messages that DO set off the timer:
  • You successfully steal the item.
  • You are attacking XYZ! (if XYZ is blue)
  • Guards can now be called on you.
Edit: Here is a simple criminal 64x64 icon

Criminal.png

Re:Bars

I only have the "boss" and "players" ticked in the options, but then I turned OFF blues (so it only shows greens (I do have Friends|Foes ticked)) and turned invulnerables down to 4 (as I only really want to see the EM characters) The rest are set at 20. I was getting red names until about halfway through the Jhelom fight, then they just stopped appearing entirely. Nothing seemed to get them back.

All I want to see are monsters/murderers (reds), alliance/guild members (greens) and oranges (enemies or EoO mobs). Unless I specifically pull a blue player's bar, I never want to see them.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE

All I want to see are monsters/murderers (reds), alliance/guild members (greens) and oranges (enemies or EoO mobs). Unless I specifically pull a blue player's bar, I never want to see them.[/QUOTE]

Same as the above for me, other than yellow bar of the NPC that turns into the boss.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't worry about polymorph, as being grey only happens in Fel, and only as long as you're in a non-human form (not timered). Healing and looting a corpse don't give a message, though they used to...

Messages that DO set off the timer:
  • You successfully steal the item.
  • You are attacking XYZ! (if XYZ is blue)
  • Guards can now be called on you.
Edit: Here is a simple criminal 64x64 icon

View attachment 83943

Re:Bars

I only have the "boss" and "players" ticked in the options, but then I turned OFF blues (so it only shows greens (I do have Friends|Foes ticked)) and turned invulnerables down to 4 (as I only really want to see the EM characters) The rest are set at 20. I was getting red names until about halfway through the Jhelom fight, then they just stopped appearing entirely. Nothing seemed to get them back.

All I want to see are monsters/murderers (reds), alliance/guild members (greens) and oranges (enemies or EoO mobs). Unless I specifically pull a blue player's bar, I never want to see them.
The icon for criminal is already around, but if looting has no messages it's kinda pointless... because if you are criminal and loot a corpse I can't restart the timer. So the only thing that can be done is a buff without timer, but it's like checking your name color...

To determine if someone is a player, it requires not only the status, but also the properties, and with over 200 mobs, is not going to happen due to the lack of data...