• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Changes and stats

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
but its all of our efforts which lead to these being found and fixed.. =^-^=
Yes, that is why it's important for all tamers to go on TC1 and test frequently. I like many have very limited play time, particularly during the week, but the ramification of this patch on pet's I've had for nearly 20 years is huge, so I have spent most of my recent play time there to make sure the bugs are found before the adversely affect the taming community. I copy over almost nightly, go through a list of items, try a new thing or two, then log.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Greetings all This morning Zalan Noticed something grand so I've been testing it.. You know how when pub 97 first hit there was a legacy bug.. where almost all pets that were tamed before that pub were a slot higher then the ones in the wild.. Well today when he logged on his noticed his Untrained bane was a slot lower... So I checked my untrained one... I'm hopeful this is a fix to the legacy bug that first affected all of our pets on launch.. So far the bane I have taken to 5 slot on test have not reverted ..This might be a fix to those pets or part of the unconfirmed rumor that banes and dreads might be around again during the 20th anny.. I'm calling out to any of my fellow tester that might have untrained banes and dreads to make a copy spec them and let us know if all of you got 2 lvls of training.. this might be the moment we have all waited for .. =^-^-

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you to the 4 people that joined me on test with your banes and dreads... so far all of the banes and dreads have gained 2 lvls of training or 3k points... they are insanely strong even when not full skilled to 120 caps.. If you have a untrained bane or dread don't touch it until after this pub lands then have fun.. =^-^=
P.s. ( Sadly so far any banes or dreads that have been fully trained before this pub will not be gaining the extra lvl.. this may change before it goes live.. but as it stands they don't.=* [ )

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Been looking into the math behind this... If you have a bane or dread don't start the new taming system on them on live... their huge stats cause a slot jump to 4.. they are affected by the slot jump bug from the start.. that's why they have 3 slot on test as the anti slot jump code is on there... so as long as ya don't start the new system on live.. your dreads and banes will get 2 lvls of training on live. when the pub hits that is.. sadly if you have started the training bar on live there is a good chance you will not get 2 lvls of training..but I need people who have already started the training bar but have not invested points to make copies to test and see if it reverts to 3 slot from 4 please and let us know as I don't have any to test that on live to test... ..thanks everyone and I look forward to the good word.. =^-^=

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might of been just a bug they fixed on beetles.. after my test pets would not gain after hours of trail I went to live to max mine.. even though the gains are taking longer then on a naj.. they are once again gaining in passive ninja... Don't worry about the parry thing though..it will come back after wrest hits GM...They are still fine tuning a few things on test... there have been a few bugs that are not on live they have cleared up on test.. and a few that are on both that are still being worked out.. one was fixed last night.. which lead to new color Cu's. but its all of our efforts which lead to these being found and fixed.. =^-^=
Does the giant beetle have the same problem for bushido skill ? I added feint special move, but the bushido does not show up on the lore page, neither on the magical ability menu.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They are still fine tuning some of the passive learned skills..but the threat of a nerf to it seems unlikely now... Thank you to everyone that joined me on test with banes/dreads with and without the % bar.. so far our finding are showing those which did slot jump by starting the system will not get the extra lvl of training... this goes for dreads as well.. so hold on to those banes and dreads...and don't start the new system on them until 98 lands... On a side note I hope they put the power scroll tree back on test soon.. I normally make 10-15 pets every 24 hours to retest old build and check for nerfs and buffs.. sadly I can't run my figures currently without those added to the pets as the math would be off...oh well I'm sure they will readd it soon .. have a wonderful day all =^-^=

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I normally make 10-15 pets every 24 hours to retest old build and check for nerfs and buffs.. sadly I can't run my figures currently without those added to the pets as the math would be off...oh well I'm sure they will readd it soon .. have a wonderful day all =^-^=
You do have the option when you transfer to transfer over with scrolls, that's what we do, we can organize them before the transfer and only take what we need instead of getting a 115 item bag we have to sort through.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh yes.. we already have some guildes making a power scroll house... building up a stock pile for more test pets.. it just limits the free range we once had while testing... I'm sure its just an over site and they will re add the tree soon anyway... =^-^=

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are still fine tuning some of the passive learned skills..but the threat of a nerf to it seems unlikely now... Thank you to everyone that joined me on test with banes/dreads with and without the % bar.. so far our finding are showing those which did slot jump by starting the system will not get the extra lvl of training... this goes for dreads as well.. so hold on to those banes and dreads...and don't start the new system on them until 98 lands... On a side note I hope they put the power scroll tree back on test soon.. I normally make 10-15 pets every 24 hours to retest old build and check for nerfs and buffs.. sadly I can't run my figures currently without those added to the pets as the math would be off...oh well I'm sure they will readd it soon .. have a wonderful day all =^-^=
Went on test today, bladeweave now costs the 500 for bushido. If this is old news pardon me for being slow on seeing that posted.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Went on test today, bladeweave now costs the 500 for bushido. If this is old news pardon me for being slow on seeing that posted.
What type pet? If its a tokuno it should cause it gets the real skill. Shouldn't charge for the other pets.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What type pet? If its a tokuno it should cause it gets the real skill. Shouldn't charge for the other pets.
It was a tiger from eoden. Bladeweave never auto cost 500 on any pet before. Just the 100 for the special move.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree. If you don't get the real skill, you shouldn't have to pay for the magic part.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all, the new pub should be upon in a few days... Ive been hard at work testing the changes to this and that... but wanted ot remind everyone that if ya have a an old bane or dread that hasn't started the system yet.. hold on to it until the pub Tuesday then we will talk about all the grand builds they can make.... now is also the time to buy them if ya don't have one.. they are about 50-70 mill for a decent one and 100 mill for a good one... I feel after the pub these prices will increase a great amount.. so buy them while they are low and get ready for some old timey bane fun.. =^-^=
P.s. also the old school quest to make the stew they eat is still very active ... You need 5k rep with the Ophidains to start it... and can only do the chain once per char for the recipe which is tradable .. it only requires 30 cooking to make the stew and will more then likely be a hot item selling for 30-50k per stew after the pub... ( the stew is what recharges the super powerful passive of a bane dragon).

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It was a tiger from eoden. Bladeweave never auto cost 500 on any pet before. Just the 100 for the special move.
That can mean one thing...That yes you will get real bushido with the move, and possibly all that come with it or some limited version of bushi moves? (Hoping here..)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning all... The change to blade weaving was more then likely to make the value of everything you get from it reflect the cost..as it was fairly cheap for all it brought to the table.... Up until a few weeks ago you could even use blade weaving to remove certain preloaded special moves from pets, sadly someone posted that trick on here and not even 24 hours later it was hot fixed on live..... It will be more of a point sink now.. but for many pets that a good thing.. as for many pets like tigers, saber tooth tigers, etc... You often had to struggle to spend all your points... as a friend of mine one said "We will have to see how it hits live.. as the way things work on test often is not how they work on live." We just have to keep testing the waters...and see how it feels when it goes live... never fear posting your finding here either.. We understand that the game is always changing... thats why we always post new things as we notice them.. it is with that spirit we can keep misinformation from happening.. because what was true 2 months( sometimes 2 days ago lol) ago might not hold true now... doesn't mean it was false when posted... just means the devs made some changes.. so never fear being heard and letting us know what ya notice.... that way we all are kept in the loop... =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Everyone.. To those who messaged me concerned that the new code to stop slot jumping might keep pets from spawning at a lower slot then normal in the wild... Fear not just spent the last few hours killing mares, naj, and various other pets that can spawn at a slot lower... and they still can and will still spawn -1 slot lower from time to time.... So no need to fill your stables with 2 slot naj and mares... as they will still very much so be around after the pub... .. Hope this helped... have a wonderful day everyone.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning all... as everyone knows the pub landed today.. but there is still always that fear that maybe something on test didn't come to live.. well I am happy to report I just started my banes training on live and he stayed 3 slot.. so just letting everyone know its safe to start them training now.. woott!! bare in mind that it might be slower to hit some other shards.. so if you are not on LS I would make sure its fully active on your shard before touching the banes ^_~ ... =^-^=

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all.. Khaelor brought a very good point to my attention.. When it comes to the banes and dreads...its best to know all the facts of them.. if ya have a spare and wish to mess around with it ...with the slot jumping bug fixed they will now get an extra lvl of training.. or 3k points of training... there are still other bugs in the pet taming system that may one day be fixed that will make them even better.. like the system considering the school of magic that is preloaded as one of the 3 move limits... if this is ever fixed then banes would get an extra move that could be added and dreads 2 extra moves...with these types of pets there is always a gamble ... I need to train mine on live and make sure the revert bug doesn't hit it... that is one risk.... I will keep ya posted it on it... when it comes to these pets.. start your training at your own risk atm.. I will post my findings on mine soon and let ya know... Thanks Khaelor banes are one of my favorite pets.. so I want ot make sure they are handled carefully =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all.. Just a fast progress report on my live shard test bane.. so far he has been fully trained to max lvl... 2 lvling of training... current stats 650hp 150stam 896 mana 700 str 150 dex 125 int..max base damage .. 80 80 45 80 80 resists.. all 120 skill caps.. 20 hp reg, 30 mana reg... .... No revert after a few hours of log in and out test.. still skilling him to make sure that holds firm... Hope this helps... have a wonderful evening all.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had 2 cu pets in stable at three followers. today they are at level 4. wth happened I haven't trained them yet.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I had 2 cu pets in stable at three followers. today they are at level 4. wth happened I haven't trained them yet.
I'm in the same boat, I have 3 cu sidhe that now lore as 4 slot pets. Very sad, as I was waiting until I felt I had a decent handle on the new pet training system.
I'm guessing the system is working as it's supposed to, since my old (pre97, but much older) mares are now 2 slot, on the lore page. My old 3 slot rune beetle and white wyrms are now showing 3 slot on their lore pages.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe it's a trade off for Banes and Dreads now being 3 instead of 4... weird though.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm in the same boat, I have 3 cu sidhe that now lore as 4 slot pets. Very sad, as I was waiting until I felt I had a decent handle on the new pet training system.
I'm guessing the system is working as it's supposed to, since my old (pre97, but much older) mares are now 2 slot, on the lore page. My old 3 slot rune beetle and white wyrms are now showing 3 slot on their lore pages.
The system is working as intended with the mares and white wyrms. They were 2 and 3 slot animals, because they were legacy, but their lore page incorrectly showed up as three/four.

The prepatch CU jumping from 3 to 4, i remember someone bringing it up before, but I guess they did not hunt down Bleak to look into it.

Again, a lot of this could be avoided if more tamers went to test and actually tested things that will affect them instead of hoping others do it for them~.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ya, if only I could've.. I was out of town for about a week, and yes I know I could have tried before hand, but I have not been able to get on to test in years and I have tried. Thanks for the wonderful advice.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The system is working as intended with the mares and white wyrms. They were 2 and 3 slot animals, because they were legacy, but their lore page incorrectly showed up as three/four.

The prepatch CU jumping from 3 to 4, i remember someone bringing it up before, but I guess they did not hunt down Bleak to look into it.

Again, a lot of this could be avoided if more tamers went to test and actually tested things that will affect them instead of hoping others do it for them~.
Or if the devs put this in their patch notes. Did they not know this was going to happen?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good aftermoon all... Just a fast progress report on my test bane dragon on live.. so far all of his skills but magery and eval are capped at 120.. 116.4 and 101.6 on those...I've been doing log in and out test on it every 5.5 skill increases to make sure if it does revert I can track when it happened... so far so good... I also want to test some old bugs surrounding them and non seamless server lines... but I will wait for it to be all 120 before I start that round of testing... and just as a side note I'ved named it Neltharion, after the leader of the black dragon flight... just wanted to let ya know how testing is going.. so far Im really enjoying the 2 lvl version of this pet.. Hope ya enjoyed this report.. have a wonderful day all.. =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all, the bane is nearly done and so far no signs of reverts... moving on to the next round of testing soon.. figured I would check in with everyone.. a player was asking about the changes to int and the mana reg values... so I figured I would post a simple chart to help everyone, its odd sometimes the game rounds up on the values a hair.. like on some pets it will get alittle more mana reg then another with the same values ..but this is what Ive worked out so far(these values are from low passive mana regen family pets.. on super mana pets you will see a greater return.)
500 int = 11-12 (on some pets It round down to 10)
250 int= 5ish mana reg(Ihave seen this round up to 6 on some pets mostly cu's)
125 int =2.5( often rounds up to 3..but have seen it become 4 on certain pets)
60 int= 1.2 (normally will round down to 1 )
30 int = is .6 but Ive seen the game round up to nearly a full point on it..
Sorry I took so long to post this.. I hope it helps all.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
150 Dex 700 Str leaves only 370 for Int.

Im fine with an extra 6. Not going to give up 700 Str for anything higher.

Rellic

Adventurer
What about older pets? Are they still viable?
I have 3 mares 2 ww and 2 dragons from what I thought was 6 years but it's much more...I stopped in 2006 so he'll to long to think about.

I have not found much on the older pets. But I like my mare.....

Also how do you know what skills to take first and before what?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 3 mares 2 ww and 2 dragons from what I thought was 6 years but it's much more...I stopped in 2006 so he'll to long to think about.

If the mares are 2 slot, they will be great. If the dragon is 4 slot it will work. Dont know about WW.

Basically you put abilities on from the bottom up.

Best to go to TC to see if the skills you want are available. I haven't made a NM page. Put the Magery mastery on a Nightmare. Its only 1 point. Add after the other abilities.

Rellic

Adventurer
If the mares are 2 slot, they will be great. If the dragon is 4 slot it will work. Dont know about WW.

Basically you put abilities on from the bottom up.

Best to go to TC to see if the skills you want are available. I haven't made a NM page. Put the Magery mastery on a Nightmare. Its only 1 point. Add after the other abilities.
So the dragons are 3 slots the mares 2 and the ww are 3 .

I seen a post about a noxmare with Poison breath then taking mage mastery but I don't see poison breath at all.

I definitely want to make one a nox mage

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ooo Dragons hmm it would depend on their stats.

I dont have a NM to test on. But maybe if you put poison on first it would open the poison abilities. Then have to put magery back on. You have to go to TC and check. Theres a gate in Haven that levels the pet.

I can send a guy there if you need help.

Rellic

Adventurer
ooo Dragons hmm it would depend on their stats.

I dont have a NM to test on. But maybe if you put poison on first it would open the poison abilities. Then have to put magery back on. You have to go to TC and check. Theres a gate in Haven that levels the pet.

I can send a guy there if you need help.

I'll have to d it when I get home tonight.
I work swing and get home 3am pst.
I'll copy to there then.

I'm still learning about power scroll and being g able to have more then 100 in a skill on a sever with no shops selling them.

LAuston seams like it has players but no shops.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya the scrolls cost 10s of millions now. But first you need to get the basics down.

From what I hear, those Nightmares will be awesome. They have more starting stats than the new ones.

The crazed mage will be your friend. Or find @Tyrath on Legends. He likes Pirates.

Rellic

Adventurer
Ya the scrolls cost 10s of millions now. But first you need to get the basics down.

From what I hear, those Nightmares will be awesome. They have more starting stats than the new ones.

The crazed mage will be your friend. Or find @Tyrath on Legends. He likes Pirates.

Ya I've tamed a few in wind and none are close to the ones I have .

Off the top of my head I can't remember the number but I think 575ish str and 400s life.

I know I tamed 100s to find the best mares u could back then .

I'll look tonight at just how high the stats are

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening Relic, The mares you have that are pre 97.. they are far stronger then the 2 slot mares that spawn now.. 200-300str stronger.. which in the new system is about 600-900 points they free up and are stronger then current mares can be... so use those wisely and don't part with them easily..as they will end up with much much higher stats then current mares and in most cases even end up being stronger then dread mares at 5 slot.. math wise these mares are more of a 1.5 slot pet then a 2 slot one just from the massive points you save on their stats... Just giving you a head up on your pets.... if ya decide to spec them feel free to message me with any questions..and I would gladly meet you on test to help you spec them... but if you want to save them for a later time and just keep them stabled that's never a bad move either..as the taming system is always changing.. ..hope this helps mate.. take it ez =^-^=

Last edited:

Rellic

Adventurer
Good evening Relic, The mares you have that are pre 97.. they are far stronger then the 2 slot mares that spawn now.. 200-300str stronger.. which in the new system is about 600-900 points they free up and are stronger then current mares can be... so use those wisely and don't part with them easily..as they will end up with much much higher stats then current mares and in most cases even end up being stronger then dread mares at 5 slot.. math wise these mares are more of a 1.5 slot pet then a 2 slot one just from the massive points you save on their stats... Just giving you a head up on your pets.... if ya decide to spec them feel free to message me with any questions..and I would gladly meet you on test to help you spec them... but if you want to save them for a later time and just keep them stabled that's never a bad move either..as the taming system is always changing.. ..hope this helps mate.. take it ez =^-^=
Thanks. For me just learning I'm chomping at the bit to get into the mix.

But I was also very gun-shy to just start throwing points into them.

I'm glad UO has not turned into one of the new games with form trolls hunting 24/7.

I did find a nice high str hyru I'm working on bonding ....and I can always get my dragons trained up.

Before I can do a lot I very much need to get scrolls for me and the pets.....100 taming it seams is nothing now

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks. For me just learning I'm chomping at the bit to get into the mix.

But I was also very gun-shy to just start throwing points into them.

I'm glad UO has not turned into one of the new games with form trolls hunting 24/7.

I did find a nice high str hyru I'm working on bonding ....and I can always get my dragons trained up.

Before I can do a lot I very much need to get scrolls for me and the pets.....100 taming it seams is nothing now
You should be able to set it like this before you get to the 5th slot and have >1500 points to choose abilities and put on scrolls. You can use like this and kill many things you never thought a pet could kill.

upload_2017-8-23_21-14-9.png

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I have a large collection of legacy pets (that i have trained, am training or trained and tested repeatedly on test center). the dragons, ww and nightmares can all be trained up very, very well... Nightmares and dragon however can only get 1 special move/aoe. White wyrm gets 2 and has magery making them rather rare amongst magic casters.

How you spec them would be personal choice, but I advise not to rush in, copy over to test center first, try out different builds/stats and then choose what suits your play style, you only get one shot with the legacy and they are irreplaceable. I would also look at totally scrolling them out to the best of your ability. at least 120 wrestling at the very minimum.

Rellic

Adventurer
I have a large collection of legacy pets (that i have trained, am training or trained and tested repeatedly on test center). the dragons, ww and nightmares can all be trained up very, very well... Nightmares and dragon however can only get 1 special move/aoe. White wyrm gets 2 and has magery making them rather rare amongst magic casters.

How you spec them would be personal choice, but I advise not to rush in, copy over to test center first, try out different builds/stats and then choose what suits your play style, you only get one shot with the legacy and they are irreplaceable. I would also look at totally scrolling them out to the best of your ability. at least 120 wrestling at the very minimum.

I love the idea of putting 120s on them...but I have not found one vendor on lake Austin that has them . Only seen a few people . And before I can buy them I need to farm up from what I gather 100s of million of gold

Rellic

Adventurer
You should be able to set it like this before you get to the 5th slot and have >1500 points to choose abilities and put on scrolls. You can use like this and kill many things you never thought a pet could kill.

View attachment 71116
Thank you.
I will start working on that soon.
My understanding is I need to have 800+ points left for scrolls when. The time comes.

I'll copy to test tonight and play around.
A d this weekend I'll be around d for a little bit also.

Can't wait to be able to use them more.
Right now I can just out heal windellys at untrained 2 slot.... This should help a lot.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you.
I will start working on that soon.
My understanding is I need to have 800+ points left for scrolls when. The time comes.
Might want to try for 900 if you decide to add an ability that adds in bushido or ninjtisu.

As for the nox mare, dread warhorses are a bit better to put poison breath on because its a default ability and they get the poison ability and keep their magery. You have to be a bit creative when training to get poisoning on a mare and keep magery and it won't be the normal magery ai, it will be the master magery ai, which is different.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello,

after all this changes, fixes and bugs.. i´m o_O:sad3::sad2:

What kind of Pet and Skills do you now recommend for champs?

Thx!

What kind of companions do you like? I have used everything from cold drakes, cus, wyrms, fire steeds and unicorns (might have forgotten one or two) at champ spawns. The skills would depend on the base animal.

@Khaelor i´m not fixed on one kind. If possible i would prefer a ridable pet. But even this is not a have to.

I´m looking for the smoothest Pet/Skill Comb, particular for Champs. I tried several Times with a GD and a Cu but had a realy hard time.. and didnt get any progress

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What skills did the Cu have?

smoothest pet/skill combo can be highly subjective and dependent on tamer template. A lot of people like CUs with goo, FWW or ai. A lot of people like Hiryus/Lesser Hiryus with Bushido and the WW. Necro pets with wither. Poisoning pets with Poison Breath.

I tend to pick animals and combos not often mentioned here, or slammed as being under powered. In game though people often comment on the pets when they see them in action. *shrugs*

That's the nice thing about the pet patch, to each their own.

Good afternoon all,

So I came back to UO in February after 19 years gone and just found this forum 2 days ago so bear with me. I have become fairly addicted to taming and find myself with more pets in my stable than is healthy. Not to mention I'm having a hard time striking a balance between cuteness, coolness, and general badarseness, so I have tons of drakes, Cu's, NM's, WW's and of course...a unicorn. (Don't judge me!)

My question is this...has anyone tamed a busload of Shadow Wyrms or Frost Dragons and found a 4 slot? Is it even possible? I've tamed maybe 25 and they were all 5 slot. As awesome as they are, I am not a fan of pets that I can't train and customize at least a little bit and I'm wondering if I'm completely wasting my time.

I appreciate any info you might have.

Side note - there has been some discussion above concerning moving to Test 1 and helping find bugs, etc. I would love to do this but I don't really know what I'm looking for yet. It would be helpful for someone like me, new to taming, if there was a stickied thread that listed things to look for/test on test 1. I could pick from the list and spend a few hours a week there just checking it out and then posting my results.

Again, thanks for any info and all the work you guys have already done.

Winter

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon Winter, The new taming system is indeed fun... as Khaelor was saying earlier there really is not set a standard for pets.. there are some cookie cutter builds out there for certain pets but its always fun to try out seldom talked about pets, and new combos.(I find that gar tamer normally travel with some of the best pets as they are not concerned with mountable pets.).I love seeing tamers with raptors, slith and other pets that shine in many ways..as for Shadow wryms , greater dragons, and frost dragons all have a chance to spawn as 4 slot... in the case of these pets Ive found that the math varies on their spawn.. but its around 1 in 800 is a 4 slot.. these have lower stats then the 5 sot ones and can get 1 lvl or 1500 points of trainng... As for test center one.. just go into options every 24 hours hit help and make a fresh copy of your toon there.. and have fun taming and using the gates in new heaven to auto increase the % bar to 100% ... we always welcome new tamers there.. as its just making the builds and new /old combos and having fun with them that helps us find bugs and changes... mostly its just noticing things as ya go on there.. You may notice something that many have not .. or think of trying a combo other have not.. then ya just have fun with it and if ya want post about. Its nice to meet ya.. if I can help ya in any way feel free to ask or message me.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tend to pick animals and combos not often mentioned here, or slammed as being under powered.
Id like to see the lore pages of your Dread Spider, Tsuki Wolf, Ram. Do any have 700 str and 800HP? Also lets see the Skree you use at champ spawns.

Rellic

Adventurer
Good afternoon Winter, The new taming system is indeed fun... as Khaelor was saying earlier there really is not set a standard for pets.. there are some cookie cutter builds out there for certain pets but its always fun to try out seldom talked about pets, and new combos.(I find that gar tamer normally travel with some of the best pets as they are not concerned with mountable pets.).I love seeing tamers with raptors, slith and other pets that shine in many ways..as for Shadow wryms , greater dragons, and frost dragons all have a chance to spawn as 4 slot... in the case of these pets Ive found that the math varies on their spawn.. but its around 1 in 800 is a 4 slot.. these have lower stats then the 5 sot ones and can get 1 lvl or 1500 points of trainng... As for test center one.. just go into options every 24 hours hit help and make a fresh copy of your toon there.. and have fun taming and using the gates in new heaven to auto increase the % bar to 100% ... we always welcome new tamers there.. as its just making the builds and new /old combos and having fun with them that helps us find bugs and changes... mostly its just noticing things as ya go on there.. You may notice something that many have not .. or think of trying a combo other have not.. then ya just have fun with it and if ya want post about. Its nice to meet ya.. if I can help ya in any way feel free to ask or message me.. =^-^=
I got on test last night and played around.
Learned a lot , but I could not find any place to just spawn power scrolls.

Do we have to farm them on test ? Or is there something place to just pick them up?