• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Changes and stats

biza

Visitor
Sorry if it got covered already but with the new changes to Animals I am confused. I Increased my pets int to find that the mana pool did not go up at all, not even one point. Is there a point in training int up? Does it affect damage of the pet and if so does anyone know how much? Like Str does with melee combat..

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if it got covered already but with the new changes to Animals I am confused. I Increased my pets int to find that the mana pool did not go up at all, not even one point. Is there a point in training int up? Does it affect damage of the pet and if so does anyone know how much? Like Str does with melee combat..
Int increases spell damage, but from what I hear the increase is not super noticeable, so I'd just spend those points elsewhere.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi there.. figured I would help ya with a small walk through for this system... stats wise right now the big money maxes are Str( increases the damage of white swings and special moves) stam, and dex. combo together at 150 stam and dex your pet will gain an extra swing every 1.5 sec.... and it cost very lil points to invest in this... mana pool which is more important for some pets then others... mana pool and int use to be linked .. that is not the case with this new system.. mana pool is now used to use spells , special moves , and aoe.( mana pool is basicly the amount of shots your pet can fire... .. so for most pets you want a decent pool like 500ish except for pets that have very very high mana regen built in .. like gaint beetles, fire beetles and hiryus(Hiryu's with armor ignore in the build need some mana reg).... these come with a passive mana regen built into them and as such will get mana back faster then they can use in most cases... but for a pet like a Cu or a mare.. you would want a good sized mana pool to keep that damage flowing... damage wise The best stats is str right now.. once you get your dex and stam set to 150 .. getting this as close to 700 is your highest damage increase and then increasing your base damage per sec.. which is white swings....

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Int did nothing when the pub 97 first came out and has since been buffed to add a very very very small amount of damage to spells. but its soo small for the cost of the investment that its honestly not worth it..(as of 05/21/17 is also adds a small amount of passive mana reg..but not enough to make it worth it).. Now investment points.. HP and str cost the most by far to increase.. so becareful when investing in them.. str is worth the investment but if you can only train a pet one to 100% for 1500 points ya have to be careful or ya might use up all your points on one of these... Ok now that stats are taken care of lets talk about reg and how it plays with monsters... we will start with HP reg ... this is very useful.. if ya max this out for 360 points ya will gain 20 Hp reg.. which left alone gives most pets enough passive healing to stand alone without healing... if you pare it with consume damage ( taming three mastery, which reduces damage and gives a random passive amount of HP reg as the cost of 3-4 mana per sec) then you will likely never have to heal you pet at all...... stam reg is decent for some Melee build but math wise I find its not worth the investment over Hp and mana reg... Now for mana Reg..like a said before... Some pets have an insane passive mana reg and will almost never use their mana up... but the vas amount of them do not... this is what keeps your pet in the game on long fights like champ of EM event spawns...... maxing this out on monsters like mares, cu's and monster with small passive reg is well worth the 360 point investment.. it will give you 30 mana reg.I don't want to jump ahead but using a 120 med and/or focus power scroll on these pets is a pure damage increase as the mana returns adds for 1-3 more spells every few sec then without it... since I moved on to that topic power scrolls... when it comes to pets aside from stats this is one of the best way to increase damage output and as such is reflected by its cost...

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
120 wrestling does a few things.. for one things it allows you to hit the target more often while also allowing your pet a chance to dodge attacks and not just white swings special moves like armor ignore etc... It also adds a small mount of damage and plays a role in buffing other skills.. as I said before because it is such a gain you need two things to add this.. one is the value of the the power scrolls.. so if ya want 120 wrest you must have a 120 PS in your bag then hit increase combat skills and wres.. the 2nd thing is the talent point value.. wrest cost 50 points per 5 skill cap increase so you will need at least 200 talent points to increase this.... the next big ticket item is tactics... this ones damage bonus varies because the math puts yours oppents tactics against your pets.. but needless to say its worth having.. and the value of this are huge.. on a boss fight having 115 instead of 120 is about 7-14 damage on moves like armor ignore...(also cost 200 points for 120) skills like RS, and and anat are high value too but are much much cheaper... they are only 5 points per skill cap...so 20 for a 120 of those.... and a new thing they added this pub is.. at GM wrestling skill you get a new free skill that procs and gains skill to GM-120(have to use PS to get over GM) .. it is parry.. Now if your pet has GM wres and dies and you res it.. its skill is now 99.9 and parry stops procin, gaining and working until that wrest hits GM again... parry is a skill worth having and taking to 120 with 120 wres and parry as a combo its about a 18-20% damage reduction... and with pets that have Bush skill it increases the effectiveness of parry on your pet by nearly 4x-5xs.... making for a super tanky pet.. anat at 120 on a pet is about a 15% damage increase to specials and white damage... very worth having.. and a huge booast to the healing of a cu to boot if that your pet of choice... For pets that use magery , nerco eval ,ss you will have to forgive me as I am still mapping the damage increase on those pets.... ok with that out of the way lets talk resistances.... the first thing you should invest in on your pet is upping its resistances.. even a1 slot taken to a two slot becomes a beast once you max those.... Now there is a cap to total rs you can have... I like a balance of 80,80,60,80,65 as it allows for wiggle room .. the most popular seems to be 80,80,45,80,80...but so long as you have your phy and fire damage to 80 with what ever you ick it should be fine.... ok special moves... these can eat away your mana and some are better then other... You can even pick some that buff the rest of your moves like a gaint beetles rune corr buffing armor ignore... its best to play witht hem and see what you like.. but if you like insane burst armor ignore ranks very very high ... ok.. hope this helps you out.... Ive been writing in my note book for weeks testing ths stuff on TC1.. if ya have any question about special move order.. or anything I left out feel free to ask..hope this helps ya understand the system abit more...=^-^=

Last edited:

biza

Visitor
No thank you very much I think you answered just about every question I had about this publish, really useful stuff Donavon thanks.

In your opinion is Base damage increase worth the few extra points? I think it only increases the minimum amount by 1 but does that really equate to that much extra damage?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh yes,.. the constant white damage increase is very worth it.. and when something is debuffed those points really shine

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh yes,.. the constant white damage increase is very worth it.. and when something is debuffed those points really shine
Donavon, thank you for the informative post!

Question for ya, what would you set hit points at?

On a Cu?

A Hiryu?

etc

Seems like shooting for the moon on HPI may be wasting points aye?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Honestly , when it comes to Cu .. its the spec that bases your HP( but yeah you are right.. high Hp on them takes away from their best damage).. they are super tanky so don't really need more then 700-800 but you can give them 900-1k is you use a simple armor into no extra skill ..for my mystic all 120 build his hp is only 700 and he never gets low on hp ...while on my pure melee aoe goo spec his stats are maxed with armor ignore and 700-800hp (but as cu have very low passive mana reg I like high mana reg 120 med 120 focus on them with a nice sized mana pool)... depending on your and nature of your beast its best to just feel it out..what I like to do is set most of the skill first and then do everyday things with it..( and resistances ) and base on the damage it takes or how low it dips form spawn hp I adjust it... For Hiryu's you can make a great one from Big one..but the lesser give you more control and points to work it ... When making one of those you will have so many points to work with that it will end up with 900-1k just for something to spend them on .. when ya make the hiryu there are a few things to remember.. a hiryu( and lesser) is one of the pets that has insane passive mana regen... so it only needs a mana pool of about 300ish( unless you give it armor ignore which drains massive amount of mana , Ive found that without it they use lighten strike more and mana will almost never run out) ... they don't require mana reg unless you give it an ranged aoe build like with goo then it will need abit to balance it out..( armor ignore can eat mana too so play it by ear). special of special moves.. when it comes to hiryu's its all about the order you build it.. You can give them a 5th move if you pick it before giving it bush... because Hiryu's are monster that can learn bush purely( meaning ya don't have to use a special move to force it to gain bush skill like fient or N. strike.) it gets a free aoe move called Whirl... So if ya want the double aoe build then you pick goo (or your pick of aoe) then add bush and it will have the extra move plus whirl... Or armor ignore for that extra 130-175(buffed by grasp) burst. then pick it then bush.. remember to take it out on the field if you go double aoe and test its mana useage before using up all the points..

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it gets a free aoe move called Whirl... So if ya want the double aoe build then you pick goo (or your pick of aoe) then add bush and it will have the extra move plus whirl...
I assume you mean Frenzied Whirlwind? I just looked and it requires 100 pints for the move and 500 for ninjitsu. Or is it something else?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Nope, just normal whirlwind attack will not appear on your list, Its kind of like a sign on bonus for pure bush monster( monsters that can learn bush without add on<the add ons are special move that come as a package normally for a high price like 500 for the skills and 100 for the special move or moves> like N. strike or Feint).It will appear on your lore and knowledge list the moment you train bush( its nice because bush will cost 500 points and ya get a 100 point special move for free) ..But its important to train another move before you train bush on your hiryu..as whirlwind attack is a free special given with it.. but it will fill you special limit... so if your train an aoe or armor ignore( or any other special) before bush.. ya get a free move =D.. Frenzied whirlwind( Is a forced special to train monsters that are not pure ninjas to learn the skill . ) had a friend that that added Frenzied whirl attack as he did not know whirl attack is a free given on pure bush pets... so his hiryu has them both now.. That's when we started testing the ranged and melee aoe Hiryu by giving it goo for ranged aoe.. and the normal whirl attack that is given... the numbers were very promising.. =^-^=

Last edited:

biza

Visitor
Nope, just normal whirlwind attack will not appear on your list, Its kind of like a sign on bonus for pure bush monster( monsters that can learn bush without add on like N. strike or Feint).It will appear on your lore and knowledge list the moment you train bush( its nice because bush will cost 500 points and ya get a 100 point special move for free) ..But its important to train another move before you train bush on your hiryu..as whirlwind attack is a free special given with it.. but it will fill you special limit... so if your train an aoe or armor ignore( or any other special) before bush.. ya get a free move =D.. Frenzied whirlwind( It a forced skill to train monsters that are no pure ninjas to learn the skill . ) had a friend that that added Frenzied whirl attack as he did not know whirl attack is a free given on pure bush pets... so his hiryu has them both now.. That's when we started testing the ranged and melee aoe Hiryu by giving it goo for ranged aoe.. and the normal whirl attack that is given... the numbers were very promising.. =^-^=

Hey while we have you here, i noticed your comments about 120//120 parry/wrest being synergistic however, would 120 Bushido add to that godly avoidance too?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That it would my friend.. 120 Bush not only increases the effectiveness of parry by 4-5x on pets but once you get it high enough it uses evade and conf when life starts getting lower...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, just normal whirlwind attack will not appear on your list, Its kind of like a sign on bonus for pure bush monster( monsters that can learn bush without add on<the add ons are special move that come as a package normally for a high price like 500 for the skills and 100 for the special move or moves> like N. strike or Feint).It will appear on your lore and knowledge list the moment you train bush( its nice because bush will cost 500 points and ya get a 100 point special move for free) ..But its important to train another move before you train bush on your hiryu..as whirlwind attack is a free special given with it.. but it will fill you special limit... so if your train an aoe or armor ignore( or any other special) before bush.. ya get a free move =D.. Frenzied whirlwind( Is a forced special to train monsters that are not pure ninjas to learn the skill . ) had a friend that that added Frenzied whirl attack as he did not know whirl attack is a free given on pure bush pets... so his hiryu has them both now.. That's when we started testing the ranged and melee aoe Hiryu by giving it goo for ranged aoe.. and the normal whirl attack that is given... the numbers were very promising.. =^-^=
Thank you for the explanation. So then I have another question - why would anyone want 2 AoE attacks? They share the same mana pool, would not it be better to pick the best one and just stick to it? I have not tried the whirlwind on a pet yet, but Goo works very well.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well ya don't really want two melee aoe attack.. the spec in question uses the goo aoe ranged attack and the whirlwind attack.... its very effective for spawn clearing.. as full trained the goo will hit everything at ranged for 45-70... and the whirl attack hits for about 50-90 ... Hiryu's have Insane passive mana reg and even with a goo firing off like a machine gun its very hard to put a decent in their mana pool... The main question Ive been toying with is, is the goo worth giving up the armor ignores that can hit for 134-175 ( and well into the 200s when grasp debuffs the boss) as whirl is a powerful ae on its own... The lighten strikes from bush can get close to 300 when grasp debuffs whats its fighting too.. but that's the beauty of hiryus..,.. they have many strong single target and aoe combos..its fun to play around with ^_~ (but yeah single target wise its best to get like armor ignore as ya get whirl for free)

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The main question Ive been toying with is, is the goo worth giving up the armor ignores that can hit for 134-175 ( and well into the 200s when grasp debuffs the boss) as whirl is a powerful ae on its own... The lighten strikes from bush can get close to 300 when grasp debuffs whats its fighting too.. but that's the beauty of hiryus..,.. they have many strong single target and aoe combos..its fun to play around with ^_~ (but yeah single target wise its best to get like armor ignore as ya get whirl for free)
I made a Tsuki Wolf with the idea of doing Champ spawns. So I gave it Goo was spawn, AI for the boss and Life Leech for tanking, because standing around healing in the middle of the spawn is not always a good idea. It has 30MR and 120 Med and Focus, but it does run out of mana. Nevertheless he was able to do the Barracoon spawn and kill the boss solo. It could tank the spawn just fine (I had to step in twice to heal). It killed the Barracoon slowly but did not need healing with Consume damage.
Hiryu
So now I am curious to try a lesser Hiryui for the same purpose. In my experience both AI and Goo are very good, so I guess i\I'll just need to make one of each to see how they work lol.

Edit: oh one more thing - I started putting just 500HP on my pets. I find that it's more than adequate so far, and those expensive points have better uses.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The wolves are Super good for spawns, I had a friend make a sampire one, its a lot like yours.. I'm going to try Your goo wolf sounds fun. =^-^= I think ya will enjoy the Hiryu's ..Oh fair warning with hiryus if you do give them armor ignore.. that move is a massive drain .. on their mana and even with their strong passive mana reg and 30 reg 120 med and focus .. it will run them out of mana... I've found its a dps increase for them not to have it as their lighten strike hits harder and whirl attack is cheap mana wise..

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm going to try Your goo wolf sounds fun. =^-^= I think ya will enjoy the Hiryu's ..Oh fair warning with hiryus if you do give them armor ignore.. that move is a massive drain .. on their mana and even with their strong passive mana reg and 30 reg 120 med and focus .. it will run them out of mana... I've found its a dps increase for them not to have it as their lighten strike hits harder and whirl attack is cheap mana wise..
Thanks for the tip. That makes things easier to fit.
One thing that is really nice about the Goo is the range. It makes it safer for the tamer because you don't need to run around aggroing things. You can park your pet anywhere and be assured that next time that Goo goes off, it will piss off everything on that screen.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My pleasure.. I've been on test all morning and it looks like we talked to much about how good the passive mana reg on beetles, hiryu's and fire beetles was... They did a nerf to it... My gaint beetles whose mana bar use to never drop below 470 with its best combo chains is now running out of mana, as is my hiryu aoe spec... =* [ the passive reg is still better then most monsters.. but no where near as good as it was... just means we might have to give hiryus More mana reg and maybe a higher mana pool... Im still testing this change but I will report back to ya guys in abit. =^-^=

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok I did three Narveys with my beetle.. He is all 120 med focus and this one was my early test beetle so he has 30 mana reg.... he would dip down into the 100range sometimes from 500 mana but their mana reg is still about 3-4 times higher then most monsters even with the nerf...so when she would port the beetle away by the time it got back on her his mana would be back in the 400-450 range... have not tested the effects of the nerf on a hiryu yet.. will let you guys know.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My pleasure.. I've been on test all morning and it looks like we talked to much about how good the passive mana reg on beetles, hiryu's and fire beetles was... They did a nerf to it... My gaint beetles whose mana bar use to never drop below 470 with its best combo chains is now running out of mana, as is my hiryu aoe spec... =* [ the passive reg is still better then most monsters.. but no where near as good as it was... just means we might have to give hiryus alittle larger mana pool now... Im still testing this change but I will report back to ya guys in abit. =^-^=
I have some doubts as far as how useful large mana pool is. I am thinking - If you are trying to kill something worth killing, if your MR does not keep up, you will run out. And if it can keep up, you don't need a large pool. No?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
that you are right.. its always best to have the mana reg... it looks like with these changes armor ignore and goo hiryus will have to spec into mana reg.. they still passively reg about 3-4 times faster then a Cu even without it... Its just before this nerf you would easily keep a Hiryu;s damage flowing with 300 mana..( as their mana bar almost never moved). they have a lot of extra points to spend.. so it shouldn;t be a problem to find a good balance for starting mana pool for them. Im still running some test though... Hiryus use a lot of combos super fast... before their mana never moved... just need to run some sims and see how fast they empty the tank with 120 focus 120 med and 30 mana reg. I'm thinking they can still bring the pain at around 300 mana pool but want to make sure there are not lows because of their massive combo( as long as the mana returns fast enough to keep up those combos should be good with just adding 30 mana reg)

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah the nerf had a major effect on my Spider... he doesn't have the mana to do near the specials he was before making him take a LOT longer to kill simple spawn... it's sad. He was pretty comparable to a sampire... but now he's slowed quite a bit. Still never have to heal him much but he's not nearly as speedy anymore.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just got my first Non poison spawn pet( pet that does not normally come with poison) to GM poison skill.. seems that your white swings have a chance to add the poison,.. the sad news is its currently bugged... and the str of the poison never changes... so currently at GM skill my bug only uses normaly poison instead of deadly or lvl 6... Oh course there is the chance that it is working at intended.. and non poison monsters can only use normal str poison.. I will let you guys know my findings..=^-^=

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been testing the GM poison skill on the beetle .. so far the best it can do is lvl 2 poison....
Do you know if act of poisoning takes mana? I've been putting it on my pets where it's just 1 point, but if it uses up mana, it may be better for DPS to leave it off.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
from what Ive seen the skill proc's off your melee swings and takes no mana from my pets pool.. purely a bonus and it procs more often the closer to GM you get.. I found that the proc increased to almost every 5-6 hits after 95 and its like one in three hits at GM.. Meant to ask ya Rail, Your goo wolf does it use nerco as well.. I want to try the goo wolf out on spawns... .. =^-^=

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noticed on the tiger I am working that the poison does not burn mana leaving all of the mana for armor ignore. Don't know if that is working as intended or bugged though. Seeing the same poison per hit as you Donavon only 95 poison atm but nothing above level 1 yet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They added too much mana cost. Mana just drops to 30s and hangs around that point. Then they do a special and it drops to 15ish. Its like a noob suit...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They added too much mana cost. Mana just drops to 30s and hangs around that point. Then they do a special and it drops to 15ish. Its like a noob suit...
The mana use was a little nuts, when I could run a hiryu with 60 mana and never run out with only 100 med and focus that was even a bit too CHeezy fer me :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mana use was a little nuts, when I could run a hiryu with 60 mana and never run out with only 100 med and focus that was even a bit too CHeezy fer me :)
Because those regen on their own. This is just hurting the other pets that don't have natural regen.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There are two classes of mana reg pets.. the ones with high passive mana built in like hiryus, dread spiders, gaint beetles, fire beetles .. and then the ones that are low passive mana reg like cu,s mare, drakes fire steeds, dragons ,etc... the nerf was for the super mana reg monster which still reg 3-4 times faster then the lower ones... but it seems as if the nerf was also done to the low passive beast .. and its causing a lot of pause in their once steady combos. They did the nerf because the super mana reg monsters in aoe spec could be left alone in despise, work the whole spawn without the master there, and kill coon while the master could sit in a safe place hidden in despise and collec the scrolls.. they still can do this but it takes a lot longer now.... they basicly could endlessly aoe back to back to back and never run dry... people will have to go for 120 med and 120 focus on top of 30 mana reg to keep the lower passive monster at peak damage now.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
from what Ive seen the skill proc's off your melee swings and takes no mana from my pets pool.. purely a bonus and it procs more often the closer to GM you get.. I found that the proc increased to almost every 5-6 hits after 95 and its like one in three hits at GM.. Meant to ask ya Rail, Your goo wolf does it use nerco as well.. I want to try the goo wolf out on spawns... .. =^-^=
I did not add necro intentionally. I find that even with 30MR, 120 Med and Focus, you still run out of mana all the time thanks to the overzealous nerf, so I did not want it to waste mana on anything but the few "best" abilities I specifically picked. So, no, it does not seem to do anything necro.
I also recently tried a Dread Spider with Necro and Goo at the same time. When you drag it into the middle of the spawn for 30 seconds or so until it's mana runs dry, it's glorious to watch it dump Goo and Wither all over the place. And then it dies lol.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mana runs dry too fast now.
The nerf was too big. My rune with 1310 mana runs out in less than a minute, and that is with 120 med/focus and 49 mr.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two classes of mana reg pets.. the ones with high passive mana built in like hiryus, dread spiders, gaint beetles, fire beetles .. and then the ones that are low passive mana reg like cu,s mare, drakes fire steeds, dragons ,etc... the nerf was for the super mana reg monster which still reg 3-4 times faster then the lower ones... but it seems as if the nerf was also done to the low passive beast .. and its causing a lot of pause in their once steady combos. They did the nerf because the super mana reg monsters in aoe spec could be left alone in despise, work the whole spawn without the master there, and kill coon while the master could sit in a safe place hidden in despise and collec the scrolls.. they still can do this but it takes a lot longer now.... they basicly could endlessly aoe back to back to back and never run dry... people will have to go for 120 med and 120 focus on top of 30 mana reg to keep the lower passive monster at peak damage now.
Ty for explaining that much better than I have the patience to :) ANd now everyone that was asking me why I was not giving the Hiryus more than 60 mana and no MR and not scrolling up their MED/Focus....... Now you know :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ty for explaining that much better than I have the patience to :) ANd now everyone that was asking me why I was not giving the Hiryus more than 60 mana and no MR and not scrolling up their MED/Focus....... Now you know :)
A nerf was needed indeed.
But again, they went too far with it. :(

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A nerf was needed indeed.
But again, they went too far with it. :(
That is what I was trying to say :) I hate to say Please NERF My favorite pet but it almost like cheating. The fast regens are actually working with in reason now. A better fix in the long run is just make everything have the natural regen of the Hiryus etc. Right now it is a reasonable for me and unreasonable for folks that get their initial mana burst damage off and then are done. The mana cost of things is not the issue or wasn't......... the different MR rates are. Annoying but I have faith they will work out a balance that everyone can live with. I think this was/is probably a temp fix while they work on a perm solution that everyone can live with. At least I hope that is what is up. I like my CU as much as anyone likes theirs but the Fast regen spec spammers were just plain more efficient. The Rat as it was is just as Donavon said let the pet or pets work the spawn and kill the coon, while you are safely hidden away and reading a book.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Looks like they buffed the rate at which poison skill gains on pets.. My first test took me about a week to get it even in the 90s range.... My new subjects seems to have the skill gains flowing like water now,...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like they buffed the rate at which poison skill gains on pets.. My first test took me about a week to get it even in the 90s range.... My new subjects seems to have the skill gains flowing like water now,...
yeah it really seemed to be creeping initially. The Mongbat I put poisoning on was barely gaining. Played with him a bit this morning pulled 11.2 in poison gains the hour or so 50 to 61.2 where before got frustrated and quit using him because it was like .01 - .05 per hour.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Seems they did a round of changes again yesterday.. a lot of super mana reg monster and some of the low passive ones are now no longer able to train Goo... so far gaint beelte can't anymore.. I will check the rest and see which ones lost it... don't worry if your pet already has goo and its one of the ones that lost it.. its grand fathered and will keep goo.. and you have a living rare , oh and they buffed passive mana reg a very small amount on some of the low passive reg monsters like Cu. .. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems they did a round of changes again yesterday.. a lot of super mana reg monster and some of the low passive ones are now no longer able to train Goo... so far gaint beelte can't anymore.. I will check the rest and see which ones lost it... don't worry if your pet already has goo and its one of the ones that lost it.. its grand fathered and will keep goo.. and you have a living rare , oh and they buffed passive mana reg a very small amount on some of the low passive reg monsters like Cu. .. =^-^=
Dang. I was waiting to add abilities on my beetle to let others see what was best. I have goo on some pets. The problem is, in a crowd they cast it all over the place and things agro on the pet and it runs off and fights a new target. So, it may have been best not to have it.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Seems they have done another reworking of Int ... I'm still testing it.. but so far It adds a very small amount of passive mana reg now as well.. tested it on Cu's and other low passive mana reg monster... Thus far its still not worth the investment over str .. or other stats.. it seems as if 500 int = about 1-1.5 mana reg ... still way to low to make a real impact.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Goo was removed from Ice Mites as well. I am guessing this is how this nerf works. Raise the mana costs, and then remove the option from the pets that actually have regen to use it. Formerly good ability is still there but now worthless. Profit!

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It would seem so My friend,Between that and the increase to the mana cost of goo by 30... The grand fathered goo pets( pets that were spec into goo before it was taken away from that pets training list) are truly living rares now.. like the bane dragons and dread steeds..

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
The description of Goo always baffled me - "Fiery blast that does energy damage." and here by the name I was thinking it was thinking it would be poison based. lol

I guess on the positive side, they're working on tweeking things. To be honest, I'm not sure why they're so concerned with nerfing pets that can clear spawns. I see how hiding/invising and letting your pet solo a spawn is bad, but I've seen multi boxers come in with 3 necros on follow and wither spawns down in minutes. Nothing being done about that?

It also takes a lot longer to skill up taming/lore than necro. I legendary skilled my necro in a few days without alacrity scrolls or SOT's. And where you CAN customize your build to include necro or other skills to assist in clearing spawns, its not as efficient and takes a long time as you'll need 110+ to control most 5 slot trained pets in my experience.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning all... they increased the cost of certain skills to be added to pets this morning and I am sad to say that poison skill now cost 100 instead of just 1 point... so make sure to add that to your math while planning your next up and coming pet. =* [

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And fire beetles also lost an option to apply powerscrolls to parrying. I hope it's a bug.