• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Changes and stats

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Pawain

It definetly requires the poison skill, if poisoning is not exactly at 100 it appears that the poison is never lvl 5 because at GM it was happening easy, to get poison gains for a player between 92 - 100 skill to gain you need to cast lvl 4 poison on a target but does this apply to magery poison/poison breath? It should/I hope it does! (I can't test mage poison yet magery to low on mare)

Edit - OK it does gain, just takes a bloody long time! crying over! xD

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Fear not Deadly.. they are still reworking the way poison skill works on pets.. I'm hopeful for the things to come with it.. =^-^=

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So with Int now contributing to mana regen, is it still helpful if the pet already has 30 MR?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Rail., oh yes its still very helpful for the monster to have 30 mana reg.. I think them buffing int to provide more mana reg was to bring pets like cu, mares, drakes and the other low mana reg pets up to the speed of hiryus, beetles, and the other super mana pets.. as more players were favoring them over the low ones......if the pet already has +30 mana reg and has been finish for a while and its say a Cu with 290 int that means its only going ot recover its mana faster for more damage healing and uptime... I've started using the 678 150 500 build in cu's that are caster types now as its a huge damage increase( from the mana return) But the ones that are 700 150 370 are in a very sweet place now... my older test cu's have seen nearly a 30% damage increase on long duration fights... and the caster types like mares that use to use up all their mana and then just barely keep their numbers up with melee have become burst daemons... and the once thought useless bane dragons have become AOE demi gods... I have to show ya my new bane spec my friend.. I have one fully trained and waiting for you on test.. I think ya will enjoy it.. it started as a 4.7 bane... =^-^=

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, I did not phrase my question well. With players, there is no point adding more MR past 30 because it will just be wasted. So with pets, if you already have 30 MR on it, does it help to add Intelligence in order to boost MR further? I'd love to see your bane. The only one I have does not come out very well.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
ahh ..ok .. I get what ya were asking now.. Talent point wise they will cap out at 30 but luckly they can go over the soft cap of 30 with extra med/focus skill, Int, casting bless on them(if your tamer has both eval /magery and the pet doesn't) and bard mastery.. So to answer the question.. yes you can further boost their mana reg greatly in these ways.. =^-^=

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
breaking 30 mana regen using peace 120 = 46. would be 50 with discord 120 too? would 46 mana regen be helpful? on uoguide it doesn't even bother with the calculation over 31.

I'm peace tamer and i'm just saving points instead of breaking the mana regen caps.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With 120 music, peace, disco I get 19 regen from the masteries, so it is 49 MR total. And 39 HPR total.
With also 120 provo, it would be 22 regen, for 52 MR and 42 HPR.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good evening all.. Ive been making a list of different max 120ed out pets and specs.. and their max damage .. its almost ready and soon I will be posting my finding on the different specs and their base and max damages.. =^-^=
Very nice. I sincerely hoping the devs will not use it as a roadmap for nerfing.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good evening all.. Ive been making a list of different max 120ed out pets and specs.. and their max damage .. its almost ready and soon I will be posting my finding on the different specs and their base and max damages.. =^-^=
And do your findings account for resist differences and damage type differences in what one may be fighting? I'm curious about your methodology.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That they do,they are the values of them fighting monster that are the most resistant to their type of damage and the values when fighting things that are weak to their form of attacks,.. more or less its a chart on what you can all around expect but also what the best you will see and the worse..so yes its pretty well rounded ^_~

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
well back to the Drawing board for me.. they released a code on test which ties in extra damage based on a pets HP.... so now I have to respec and run test on the new values as the old charts I made are now mote... lol

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
well back to the Drawing board for me.. they released a code on test which ties in extra damage based on a pets HP.... so now I have to respec and run test on the new values as the old charts I made are now mote... lol
Oh finally some good news, nerf to consume damage, apparently skills will be reverted such as the removal of skills on lions/sabretooth tigers/cu's etc and I just heard Bladeweave no longer trains bushido/ninjitsu skill.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Might not be the best of news.. depending on how this new system of training works on pets instead of being slot dependant, and the changes to pets being able to go over the 35 base damage cap with higher HP.. it means a lot of players are going to have to remake a lot of their pets if they want the best damage that can be done out there.. as this new increase to base damage alone is huge to moves like AI...especially the % buffs that it will mean for Chiv pets.. I smells some over 350 AI about to land..We will just have to see how it works out.... and where the chips land.. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Might not be the best of news.. depending on how this new system of training works on pets instead of being slot dependant, and the changes to pets being able to go over the 35 base damage cap with higher HP.. it means a lot of players are going to have to remake a lot of their pets if they want the best damage that can be done out there.. as this new increase to base damage alone is huge to moves like AI...especially the % buffs that it will mean for Chiv pets.. I smells some over 350 AI about to land..We will just have to see how it works out.... and where the chips land.. =^-^=
That's funny, the pets I put maxxed HP on will do more damage now. Glad I kept them.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
yeah they will hopefully .. the revert doesn't hit them.. Ive been testing it.. and pets that were 2 slot or 4.3 of better are being reverted as the system thinks they are slot lowered pets... so bad news for anyone that just had a really good pet at birth.. ya might be boned.. =* [ at least thats how its playing out on test.. we will see how it goes on live..

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
so far my 2 slot mare, naj, and 4.2 lesser hiryu all got reverted... I have more then one copy of my toon on test it looks like when ya first log on it reverts it to a random number ... had the mare spawn as a 2.3, 3.1, and 2.8 .. this is the first day or it being on test... so not sure how is going ot play out but just be aware if your pets was a slot lower at birth or 4.1 or better you more then likely can expect a revert and retraining of it.. seems ya get to keep the special moves and PS added to it.. the first round of training ya get a reduced amount of points anywhere from 800-1.2k points it seems.. then the following lvls its 1500... I will keep you all posted if any changes are made to this ..

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
would be interested to know if there is a date/timestamp on pets, I tamed my 2 slot nightmare after they implemented the fix for death/retaming. Unfortunetly can't copy my toon yet will see about this later.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
there is now a range on consume damage on pets.. seems if you move more then 20 in game steps away from your pet it will break.( bare in mind this is just on test right now). same if you get para or hit by a huge damage move in spawns.. its capped at 30 extra reg it seems .. but it adds to what ya have given the pet.. so if your pets is20 it can go to 50.... still testing these new changes will let ya know more as I go =^-^=

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, I think you your old testing is still good. The idea was to see how different ability combinations compare. Your old testing allows you to do that without having to control for varying HP.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah they will hopefully .. the revert doesn't hit them.. Ive been testing it.. and pets that were 2 slot or 4.3 of better are being reverted as the system thinks they are slot lowered pets... so bad news for anyone that just had a really good pet at birth.. ya might be boned.. =* [ at least thats how its playing out on test.. we will see how it goes on live..
Yep, the reverts are broken. My Lesser Hiryu got reverted. I don't remember if it was underslotted as I tamed it for the hue (that Barracoon destroyed) and I had no idea that slots varied at the time. But training it back up resulted in a much gimpier pet. Which is a problem since it has a full set of 120s. If they dont figure out a way to tell the difference between the exploited and legit pets, there better be a way to recover scrolls from reverted pets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All lessers have been 1 slot. That sux. I have one that has really good stats and its valorite colored. I'm sure it will get re slotted...

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have a feeling that they are still fine tuning the reverts.. so fear not all.. as a good amount of pets were hit that are just 4.1 or better at birth and they are being flooded with "WTF" Emails by players that had their pets messed up on test just for having a good pet... this is just day one.. so as the weeks carry on just keep making copies and we will see what comes of it ^_~

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Honestly the best way I can see to fix this problem is return all of the pets it target to their lowest slot they can spawn at.. and give them the full points they could learn from the start.. that way you can make them as least a shadow of what they were.. everyone would win that way.. =^-^=

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have someone seen if it is possible now to stop the training process (when you have a few points left and can't or don't want use them) to avoid the perpetual message oh the pet training process ?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all... I just wanted to ease everyone mind abit by letting all of you know they did a release of the new revert code that is a lot more pin points and almost non of the pets were hit.. they have found a nice balance to the search code which focus mostly on the lower slot pets that have the power of a 5 slot and pets that are 5 slot that math wise should not be able to reach a certain limit like nearing 4.9 ... I have a 4.8 born pet that was not hit by this revert code... so the bar is pretty high now .almost my 4.3 lesser hiryu and non of my other tams including my 2 slot leg mare were hit.. feel free to start training those pets my friends... and let a breath of relief come forth... I would copy your tamer to test today and see the new format and smile as the threat of normal pets being nerfed is over.. =^-^=

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mare stayed 5 slot

spec : 750hp, 150 dex/stam, 700 mana, 450 STR, 700 INT, 20 HPR/30MR 120 wrestle/parry 120 magery/eval/resist/med/focus w/ Magery and GM poisoning+Poison Breath.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good afternoon all... I just wanted to ease everyone mind abit by letting all of you know they did a release of the new revert code that is a lot more pin points and almost non of the pets were hit.. they have found a nice balance to the search code which focus mostly on the lower slot pets that have the power of a 5 slot and pets that are 5 slot that math wise should not be able to reach a certain limit like nearing 4.9 ... I have a 4.8 born pet that was not hit by this revert code... so the bar is pretty high now .almost my 4.3 lesser hiryu and non of my other tams including my 2 slot leg mare were hit.. feel free to start training those pets my friends... and let a breath of relief come forth... I would copy your tamer to test today and see the new format and smile as the threat of normal pets being nerfed is over.. =^-^=

Check some 2 slot Najs , crimsom drakes, and lesser. I have 1 of each that started with the best stats I could find. Peek in my stable on TC Don.

And talk Deadly into coming over to LS and have some fun.

Beach so nice I wont be home till Sunday night now. We staying an extra day.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its trained old dragon on TC, today it looks like this and it had 400+ unused points lost after daily maintenance.
dragon_3to5.png

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Try making a fresh copy mate.. I have a 4 slot dragon turtle I half way trained and copied to test.. he still has its 392 points left on him... see if it does it again ..

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all.. There is a big change for passive ninja and bush pets coming with the Pub( pets that learned ninja or bush by training a special move like N. strike or Frezn whirl) .. When the patch lands these special moves will no longer cause bush or ninja to gain.. and what ever your pets Ninja/bush skill is when the pub lands( live pets will be grand fathered ) that will be their new cap for those skills... they are doing this because pets that ninja/bush skill is built to 120 while they don't get the UI of ninja or bush they do get the passives.. like a monster with passive bush still get the bonus to parry.. and a monster with passive ninja still gets increase damage to frenz whirl( nearly 25-28% increase at 120) When the pub lands monster that learn frenz whirl will only get the mini ninja skill of 40 and that's the cap... so they will not get the added bonus damage that pets that already had it before the pub will have.. So if ya have a Naj or any pet that has frez whirl work its ninja skill to max before the pub lands because these pets will be grand fathered and doing 25-28% more damage then the ones that will be made after the patch..SO just a fast recap... This is not an active nerf to pets that already have this build.. but the ones that are made with this spec after pub 98 will have much weaker attacks.. Hope this helps .. and if anyone has any questions feel free to post or message me.. =^-^=

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good afternoon all.. There is a big change for passive ninja and bush pets coming with the Pub( pets that learned ninja or bush by training a special move like N. strike or Frezn whirl) .. When the patch lands these special moves will no longer cause bush or ninja to gain.. and what ever your pets Ninja/bush skill is when the pub lands( live pets will be grand fathered ) that will be their new cap for those skills... they are doing this because pets that ninja/bush skill is built to 120 while they don't get the UI of ninja or bush they do get the passives.. like a monster with passive bush still get the bonus to parry.. and a monster with passive ninja still gets increase damage to frenz whirl( nearly 25-28% increase at 120) When the pub lands monster that learn frenz whirl will only get the mini ninja skill of 40 and that's the cap... so they will not get the added bonus damage that pets that already had it before the pub will have.. So if ya have a Naj or any pet that has frez whirl work its ninja skill to max before the pub lands because these pets will be grand fathered and doing 25-28% more damage then the ones that will be made after the patch..SO just a fast recap... This is not an active nerf to pets that already have this build.. but the ones that are made with this spec after pub 98 will have much weaker attacks.. Hope this helps .. and if anyone has any questions feel free to post or message me.. =^-^=
That is a very important piece of news. They just can't help themselves. They will whittle away at anything that works until we have a great variety of useless pets and abilities.
Based on how you describe it - "these special moves will no longer cause bush or ninja to gain" - the grandfathered pets will eventually become useless as well as you keep losing skills with pet deaths and not being able to retrain them.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can't cap Fient! Fient is nothing at 40 skill so that needs explaining straight away! Do you gain from bladeweave?

Cu Sidhe with bush/ninj skills learned for free from bladeweave were imo a little too good but I find it quite sad that Tokuno pets especially the Hiryu/Lesser are so cared for and you'd be stupid not to have one in your stable for a solid and damaging pet.

So pets who with ninja/bush skills are getting bushido/ninja skill cap set to 40 only? I would like a full revert leaving powerscrolls in them!

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey rail.. sorry I should of been abit clearer.. the pets that reach 120 ninja skill even if they die it will return to 120.. the other made after pub 98 will be locked at 40 skill though .( at leas that's how its working on test right now). the main cause for this change I believe is the increase to base damage that is being added with the higher yours pets HP the more it can do over the 34-35 base damage that will not longer be capped after pub 98.( but just a recap any pet that reaches 120 bush or ninja before pub 98 will keep that cap of 120 and it will rebuild after death.. the pets made after pub98 will only have 40 In ninja and bush. so fear not all pets we have already made will be grand fathered and not nerfed =^-^=)

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey rail.. sorry I should of been abit clearer.. the pets that reach 120 ninja skill even if they die it will return to 120.. the other made after pub 98 will be locked at 40 skill though .( at leas that's how its working on test right now). the main cause for this change I believe is the increase to base damage that is being added with the higher yours pets HP the more it can do over the 34-35 base damage that will not longer be capped after pub 98.( but just a recap any pet that reaches 120 bush or ninja before pub 98 will keep that cap of 120 and it will rebuild after death.. the pets made after pub98 will only have 40 I ninja and bush. so fear not all pets we have already made will be grand fathered and not nerfed =^-^=)
Ah, I see, thank you for the explanation. I've been waiting for the slot jump patch before training new pets but I guess I better take my chances with Naj while I still can.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yw =^-^= found with the Naj .. just fix its reisit in round one give it armor ignore and frez whirl , feed it a 120 ninja PS , 30mana reg,9 stam reg and a small increase to mana pool with what left should get ya form 2 to 3 without any jumps..that way ya can just work its nija skill to 120 and park it if ya want =^-^=

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Donavon, if I understand you right, and I hope I'm wrong here, a hiryu that can have bushido (for example) will not gain bushido after the publish assuming the hiryu is not at their cap? I'm talking about the real bushido magical ability.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think what he means is if you select bushido itself from the magical ability tab you can still gain. But if you pick a special like frenzied whirlwind that adds ninjutsu with it, then it won't gain

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't cap Fient! Fient is nothing at 40 skill so that needs explaining straight away! Do you gain from bladeweave?

Cu Sidhe with bush/ninj skills learned for free from bladeweave were imo a little too good but I find it quite sad that Tokuno pets especially the Hiryu/Lesser are so cared for and you'd be stupid not to have one in your stable for a solid and damaging pet.

So pets who with ninja/bush skills are getting bushido/ninja skill cap set to 40 only? I would like a full revert leaving powerscrolls in them!
Yea I have a few pets I spent 600 points on to get feint and they are still low in Bushido. This could really be bad as no way to train them all to cap in a week or two.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes ,Jibbed is correct.. if you teach a pet bush , or ninja through magical school and it get their UI on the lore tab then it will still gain.. but the ones that are learned passively like Feint and Frez whirl.. these will no longer gain.. if you are looking to capped these before the pub the key is constant combat.. I would use the acid slime and slime pits in under world they have a super fast respawn rate and will keep you in constant combat.. your taming mastery is enough to keep the pets alive with no healing.. =^-^=

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This nerf is ********!
It is arbitrary and for no reason other than to create pain and havoc :
The folks that have the special moves added, will discover that all these moves are nerfed due to the skill bushi/ninja will stay too low for the move to be useful. These skills raise extremely slowly : There are folks that have put scrolls in for these moves specifically, Ninjitsu and /bushido : There is no way that they will raise skills to 110 in 1-2 weeks. I woder how many people will be affected by this. I am sure they will not be very happy to know that the pet's "Frez WW" will freeze at a point below its optimum.
Why do this? Can we have an explanation? This will piss people more?
Thanks for reply..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This nerf is ********!
It is arbitrary and for no reason other than to create pain and havoc :
How about instead of blindly taking people's words on the forum as indisputable truth and getting outraged because of it , go on test center and test things.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Bare in mind that not everything on test center one makes it live... many devs read these forums and a lot of the reactions they do take into account... That's why we keep makng copies and testing the build each day .. so we can see if such things are still in the game as the release dates come closer... a new update has already gone live... I spent 2 hours on test in orc cave with frez whirl beetle freshly made ..after that amount of time its passive ninja skills gained .2 .. were as before after 5 hours it stayed at 40 .. so it looks like when they released the hot fixed to the cu color change bug they also removed the ninja and bush passive nerfs.. .. =^-^=

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I spent 2 hours on test in orc cave with frez whirl beetle freshly made ..after that amount of time its passive ninja skills gained .2 .. were as before after 5 hours it stayed at 40 .. so it looks like when they released the hot fixed to the cu color change bug they also removed the ninja and bush passive nerfs.. .. =^-^=
We've made many fww builds the past three days on TC1, have not noticed any nerf or fix for that matter on any of the pets we tried (mares, white wyrms, fire steeds, hell cats, cold drakes etc), and none were tokuno tames. Ninjitsu acted the same on prodo and test in our tests. Our experience was vastly different than yours. Perhaps it's something with beetles?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Might of been just a bug they fixed on beetles.. after my test pets would not gain after hours of trail I went to live to max mine.. even though the gains are taking longer then on a naj.. they are once again gaining in passive ninja... Don't worry about the parry thing though..it will come back after wrest hits GM...They are still fine tuning a few things on test... there have been a few bugs that are not on live they have cleared up on test.. and a few that are on both that are still being worked out.. one was fixed last night.. which lead to new color Cu's. but its all of our efforts which lead to these being found and fixed.. =^-^=