• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Changes and stats

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Both have pros and cons.. The chivi is really good single target and abit of a glass cannon at times.... while the goo/bush hiryu provides great aoe a decent single target and is very tanky... the question becomes what role do I wish to use this pet for? to answer the question.. =^-^= I personally have a chiv and bush hiryu stabled...and just mix and match for what I am doing that day.. =D

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If ya like I have a few copies of the Chiv Hiryu on test... if you can meet me on TC1 you can have one and see if ya like the feel of it.. its full capped at all 120 skills.. =^-^=

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am hoping I haven't ruined my lesser hiryu. On the slot-3 training round, I added armor ignore. Now I'm on the slot-4 round, and Bushido does not show up as an available magic ability. Will it appear in the last round? Or should I not have added AI yet? Oy I added AI because I ruined a black tiger by adding poisoning (magical) before AI, then lost the option to add AI. So I figured that was why everybody said to add magical last.

Any chance I will have the Bushido option on the slot-5 training? Thanks everybody!

Update: I think I know the problem. It's a pre-patch lesser hiryu I'm working on. Going to try releasing and re-taming to see if that makes it eligible for bushido. Will report back.

Updated 2: Release and re-tame did not work. Also tried to release and tame with another account - wouldn't let me (too many owners). Oh well. I guess he becomes chiv/ai.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pre publish wont get Bushido. Looks like you tested the release/retame.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all.. Ive noticed from time ot time that certain area's are hit by this.. normally only the lower lvl of shame and fel dragon turtle spawn.. where the happiness of all pets in the area drops at a super fast rate.. within 7-12 mins your pets goes wild if not noticed and feed.. watch for it making the refused command sound without you giving the command over and over again... at this point you have 2 mins to feed your pet or it goes wild... It hit navreys room tonight on LS and 7 pets almost went wild at once.... just be aware of this... Ive never seen it hit a boss room like this before and the area always fixes with a server reset.. just know there are zones ths happens too.. and watch for the signs.. if you lore you pet and its at max happiness and 3 mins later its nearing content ... its happening and feed your pet and return to that area after a server reset,.. ,many pets have already been lost to this bug on LS... please watch your pets happiness..
( reposting this warning here as I know a lot of players read this one.. its called the wild bug..)

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
also another bug that is still hitting players.. if you are fighting any casters that uses the spell clumsy be careful crossing server lines with it.. its still known to freeze into pets trained into the new system and perma lock their stats with the reduced values....

Aeneas

Adventurer
Would it be nice if they come up with a a mastery that lets the pet uses its owner mana if the owner is next to the pet (mana channeling). Pet owners will need med and focus to keep up but then pets can do special non-stop. This will make a pure tamer class as in

Template: Tame/lore/vet/med/focus(or resist)/magery+mage weapon. By himself, he can't to much but with the forever-AI pet, it's a formidable team.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just as a reminder and for those who don't know.. if you have a Pre patch Hiryu or lesser there is a chance you can not use the bush skill on them.. for some reason there is an error in their coding which causes the skill not to be linked to them... So while they maybe a very rare color their fate has them locked to a different path then bush... But Chiv Hiryu's are pretty awesome.. so there is always that choice... =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all, as you know I am always remaking the classic builds on the same pets when changes happen to the system... well this one I just noticed today and its a true game changer... Before the last changes when you gave a pet a move like Fient,N. strike, or Frez whirl wind... the option to add a strong single target move( like armor ignore was removed).. Well I am happy to say as of last week this has been changed( just a side note its still now allowed on Cu's =* [).. we can now make beetles with armor ignore,RC, and fre whirl wind, or Naj with armor ignore frez whirl.. ..and the list goes on and on... This my friends is a true game changer allowing for strong single target/ aoe mixes across the board instead of just limited pet.... I hope this is as exciting for all of you as it is for me.. have fun trying these new combos.. so far Im seeing great combos out of a gaint aoe beetle I made, and a single target cleve naj I made... enjoy all.. =^-^=
( reposting this heas I know a lot follow this forum. enjoy my friends)

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed another possible change. It appears to me that stamina drops much more then before now. My pet with 120 Wrestling now routinely loses Stam fighting sub GM wrestling mobs.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon all, as you know I am always remaking the classic builds on the same pets when changes happen to the system... well this one I just noticed today and its a true game changer... Before the last changes when you gave a pet a move like Fient,N. strike, or Frez whirl wind... the option to add a strong single target move( like armor ignore was removed).. Well I am happy to say as of last week this has been changed( just a side note its still now allowed on Cu's =* [).. we can now make beetles with armor ignore,RC, and fre whirl wind, or Naj with armor ignore frez whirl.. ..and the list goes on and on... This my friends is a true game changer allowing for strong single target/ aoe mixes across the board instead of just limited pet.... I hope this is as exciting for all of you as it is for me.. have fun trying these new combos.. so far Im seeing great combos out of a gaint aoe beetle I made, and a single target cleve naj I made... enjoy all.. =^-^=
( reposting this heas I know a lot follow this forum. enjoy my friends)
Noticed that on a couple of Cus and a lesser last night but hehe was not going to say anything.

Just as a reminder and for those who don't know.. if you have a Pre patch Hiryu or lesser there is a chance you can not use the bush skill on them.. for some reason there is an error in their coding which causes the skill not to be linked to them... So while they maybe a very rare color their fate has them locked to a different path then bush... But Chiv Hiryu's are pretty awesome.. so there is always that choice... =^-^=
Any Idea why some can and some can't? IE that Metallic Blue Hiryu I have I tamed like 2nd day after SE introduced them and Bushi went on him fine. Another tamed in the same general time frame it just was not there as a option.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed another possible change. It appears to me that stamina drops much more then before now. My pet with 120 Wrestling no routinely loses Stam fighting sub GM wrestling mobs.
Ok so I am not crazy rarely was I see much if any stam drop not it does appear to be working as intended. Noticed this training parry and resisting on spell binders and had been a week or so since I trained much but at most the would lose 5-10 stam and zip back up. Had one get knocked down and hung between 100-110. No complaints there as it should work that way.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok so I am not crazy rarely was I see much if any stam drop not it does appear to be working as intended. Noticed this training parry and resisting on spell binders and had been a week or so since I trained much but at most the would lose 5-10 stam and zip back up. Had one get knocked down and hung between 100-110. No complaints there as it should work that way.
I just noticed it the other day in a lowish level champ spawn. It used to be on a fully trained legendary wrestling pet, stam was pretty much immovable.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just noticed it the other day in a lowish level champ spawn. It used to be on a fully trained legendary wrestling pet, stam was pretty much immovable.
Might make me rethink putting more than 10-15 SR on pets now :)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
when I was working with some of my chiv pets and my aoe beetle I did noticed that they added a code but its triggered by a spike hit... when the pet get hit by a certain move thats kind of like a crit in other games... if a spike hit happens when a pet is near 92-88%(75-68,55%40, and the biggest stam lose will happen from most hits at the 38% to 0 range) because its between a key zone that the game uses to keep track of a lot of moves happening it causings a huge drop in stam.. Ive countered it with 120 focus and at least 5-9 stam reg on a pet.. normally 5 is enough but for pets that use chiv 9 is just about right.. I also toss a gift of ren. on my pet right before a wave is about to hit in a spawn.. if ya soften the blow it kick start the passive stam reg and allows the pet to recover.. other wise it can get on a loops when the lesser hits keep the stam down.. of course HP counts a lot for how fast stam poofs too.. as the game messures lose by the hits, the spike ,and the % lose.. so a pet with 500 HP that took the same hit as a pet with the same stats but 800 HP would take more of a stam lose as the game would see it as a greater hit... at least that what Ive seen thus far... with my pets with 500-600 hp vs ones with the same stats and 700-800 hp.. I'm stil mapping some of the newer changes.. but I'll post on what I find later on.. I need ot hit the more bursty spawns and see how it works out..

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
oddly enough I did find a common bond n the pre patch Hiryu that could not learn bush.. but only because I had some from back then( and I used to mark them in the location I tamed them to see if there was a link on how often rare spawns happened in area... lol.. I know I was abit odd with the math even back then).. so far Ive found that the ones tamed pre patch from the hiryu forest area are able to learn bush.. .. while the ones that spawned near citadel.. could not learn bush.. sadly I only had 2 from hiryu forest ...and 2 from citadel .. so I can not be sure if this holds true for all of them..but its the only thing I've found in the pre patch ones that varies.. I wish I had more from the 2 locations to find out if this holds true...but its the only thing I've come across thus far my friend. If possible Im asking for anyones aid that is sure where there pre patch hiryu was tamed at to help confirm these findings.. =^-^= thank you all.. =D

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Spent the last few hours working on more test in the stam changes...just as Rail and Tyrath said... there are massive lows.. when ya hit the key % that cause stam lose.. I've been testing it on low stam and high stam reg pets.. it looks like they have added something new to the game that when you take one of these key hits.. that for an mount of time your pet takes a hit to stam reg.. its much less effective.. Ive found a few ways to counter it thus far... the effect only seems to last while you are in combat so after a key hit and the debuff goes up( that is if ya notice your pet is staying at 120-130 stam).. just mount your pet ( if its a mountable pet) or invis it. effectively removing the debuff on stam reg .. .. then it should stay at max stam and swing speed ( seems to have the worse effect on pets at the 500HP range 600 and above hardly notice its effects at all and 700-800 hp pets it almost never happens too).. I will keep working on the math behind these new changes.. thank you Rail and Tyrath for brining it to my full attention.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oddly enough I did find a common bond n the pre patch Hiryu that could not learn bush.. but only because I had some from back then( and I used to mark them in the location I tamed them to see if there was a link on how often rare spawns happened in area... lol.. I know I was abit odd with the math even back then).. so far Ive found that the ones tamed pre patch from the hiryu forest area are able to learn bush.. .. while the ones that spawned near citadel.. could not learn bush.. sadly I only had 2 from hiryu forest ...and 2 from citadel .. so I can not be sure if this holds true for all of them..but its the only thing I've found in the pre patch ones that varies.. I wish I had more from the 2 locations to find out if this holds true...but its the only thing I've come across thus far my friend. If possible Im asking for anyones aid that is sure where there pre patch hiryu was tamed at to help confirm these findings.. =^-^= thank you all.. =D
Had not thought of that angle The blue was tamed on the coast of the Hiryu Forest, while the green was tamed by the houses in the citadel area. LOL I remember those two because they were the first two colored Hiryu's I got and had just discovered and placed the two house spots in Isamu and the green one being a royal pain while I was trying to place the one I call Hiryhome. The Blue one a friend peaced from a boat on the coast. LOL I was dragging the hiryus and lessers to the boat for her to train disco and provo...... wow that was a day or two ago.........

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all, I was asked to to share the order in which I made the Chiv lesser hiryu, so I'm posting that now... In round one I fixed Resist( went for 80,80,45,80,80), increase stam and dex to 150, gave it armor ignore ( always do this first or it may lose the option) Then added chiv, increased mana pool to 400, and mana reg to 30 and stam reg to 9(if you use 120 focus this is all you wil need if you don't you wll have it give it 13-15 ).. rest goes into HP... 2nd round, I increased Hp reg to 20, added 120 power scrolls,increase str( should have a few points goes into mana pool to start next lvl, round 3 max out str( its very important you do this first, before increase base damage, as sometimes the game will not increase your base damage to max if you increase it before maxing str) , increase HP, anything left into mana pool, ok last round.. first max base damage, then depending on your starting stats you can increase hp to 700-850 and mana pool to 700-850. You want these two to be balance as chiv is very taxing on the mana pool... and that's the order my friends... enjoys your chiv hiryus if ya make them... =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all .. some of players have asked me for a list of updated move mana nerfs.. so I will give those now... healing was increase to 15 mana from 13-14( that's why cu are using more mana then they use too), goo was increase to 50 but then reverted to 30( the pets that learned it while it was 50 still use it for that cost sadly..I believe its a bug and feel it will be fixed) ,breath of poison was increased from 20 to 50, Vemon bite also increased from 20 to 50..The biggest nerf came to one of the best mass debuffs Aura of Nausea was increase first from 20 to 30.. and now was increase from 30 to 100 making it flat line even the more powerful super mana reg pets mana pool in mere moments...There were some other revamps too changing the way certain special moves work.. but I'm testing/ listing the changes and they keep changing their minds with the values it seems.. so until its abit more stable I will not be listing those( I will list one major change Conductive Blast got another huge nerf it its duration.. started as 30 sec debuff.. nerfed to 10.. now it only last 3.4-4 sec max when pets use it.).. ..hope this helps all =^-^=

Last edited:

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good evening all .. some of players have asked me for a list of updated move mana nerfs.. so I will give those now... healing was increase to 15 mana from 13-14( that's why cu are using more mana then they use too), goo was increase to 50 but then reverted to 30( the pets that learned it while it was 50 still use it for that cost sadly..I believe its a bug and feel it will be fixed) ,breath of poison was increased from 20 to 50, Vemon bite also increased from 20 to 50..The biggest nerf came to one of the best mass debuffs Aura of Nausea was increase first from 20 to 30.. and now was increase from 30 to 100 making it flat line even the more powerful super mana reg pets mana pool in mere moments...There were some other revamps too changing the way certain special moves work.. but I'm testing/ listing the changes and they keep changing their minds with the values it seems.. so until its abit more stable I will not be listing those( I will list one major change Conductive Blast got another huge nerf it its duration.. started as 30 sec debuff.. nerfed to 10.. now it only last 3.4-4 sec max when pets use it.).. ..hope this helps all =^-^=
Thank you for the update, it is a big help to understand the game contents.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Conductive blast really annoys me, LOL I put it on quite a few pets and kind of wish I had not now , 4 sec max makes it just a hair less than worthless.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the big problem in all of the stealth changes. You study the system and test and test and then test some more figuring out the best build for a pet. Then Find the perfect pet and tame it for the build. Then invest the time training up hoping that you pick everything in the right order so a whole section of options does not go poof. invest 4+ very expensive power scrolls into the pet and then a week later find that stealth changes were made and that pet is 1/3 less effective than it was. So it occurs to you that you just spent a whole lot time testing through trial and error and either invested scrolls into a pet that would have been far more valuable to sell, or worse dropped a couple hundred million on scrolls and now have a very expensive bank sitting status pet.

That is why I have pretty much stopped taming and training pets for other people. Also why I have largely quit giving advice on pet training and builds. Heck my own pets I am training are getting more basic and I find my self just skipping AOE and Spec abilities and investing the points in more Scrolls, Mana and HP as the changes don't seem to mess with the base pet, stats and skills. I would much rather AI, Weave, Mortal strike etc go off consistent at a reasonable mana cost than high mana cost very short term spec abilities or AOEs that don't give you much bang for the buck. Then there are the folks that will argue that there are no nerfs going on because they are not listed in patch or pub notes. Once they lose interest in changing and *Fixing* the pets and move on to the next thing and things become a a lot more stable and static in the pet system, I will get back into playing with spec builds. Right now though basic Wrestle, Tact, Anat, resisting, chiv, bushi, parry, or other base school of magic, med and focus seem the best way to go with a spec move or two and skipping the spec abilities and AOE and using the couple hundred points saved there on buffing mana and str up. Something to be said for a bushi or chiv pet with just AI or BladeWeave. Although there is value in adding Piercing, bashing and slashing still as long as one of those drops the right set of spec moves for the pet, as well as Rune Corruption.

I do know it has to be very frustrating for someone who bought the scrolls and did the research to build their dream pet only to have it stealth nerfed to 1/2-2/3s as effective as it was and standing there scratching their head wondering why their big investment that worked great two days ago is now always out of mana and not doing what it was built to do.

And that is my gripe about pubs leaving the live test shards and TC1 and going world wide. All of this tweaking and fixing needs to be done in that closed system before it goes out to every shard. EVERYONE has the ability to hit Origin etc and TC to participate and give feedback. The Dev team needs a method to compile that feed back from TC1 and The live test shards individually, Personally I don't like TC1 and do a lot of my testing in the closed period of Origin. For me TC is more of concept trial and error in a artificial environment. Origin is more accurate IMO as it is no short cuts and bugs, glitches and exploits can be found in the entire process. A big problem is very few people actually use either side of the testing system and people that did not participate in any depth tend to be the biggest complainers once it goes worldwide. No Pub Should leave Origin and the other test shards for a minimum of 30 days, and ideally 60 days and problems kicked back and forth from the live test shards to TC until they are resolved and people that chose not to participate in depth really should have ZERO input into the conversation once a *Finished* pub goes live. That would eliminate a lot of this back and forth nerfing to appease people that did minimal or no playing on TC or Live Test Shards and overall would make for much better final world wide publishes and probably less work for the dev team.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait... they're making stealth changes? If so, I'll be pretty bummed since I've been training all kinds of pets up in various ways. I will *NOT* want to redo them if they're crippled by changes until the system is stable. I haven't gotten around to Conductive Blast or Aura of Nausea yet (that was gonna be next) but now I'm not sure if I should waste my time. Has anything been said anywhere officially about what the plan is and how long they're going to keep this up (if they are?).

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait... they're making stealth changes? If so, I'll be pretty bummed since I've been training all kinds of pets up in various ways. I will *NOT* want to redo them if they're crippled by changes until the system is stable. I haven't gotten around to Conductive Blast or Aura of Nausea yet (that was gonna be next) but now I'm not sure if I should waste my time. Has anything been said anywhere officially about what the plan is and how long they're going to keep this up (if they are?).
Some of the changes are very subtle and hardly noticeable, others like double or more mana cost are hard not to notice. Donavon can speak much better to the actual numbers than I can but I can say a lot of things have been very fluid and not very static and it is really getting annoying.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why I've been playing Might and Magic 6 again the last couple weeks
Hearing the same from several other folks....... well not that game specifically but folks saying they might try again when they decide they have broken a good pub enough.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes, sadly they are always making stealth changes.. I honestly redo just about every build I have made when I noticed any changes in any patterns on live.. because it normally means a root change has been made.. so I slowly remake them and test the math that is there vs what I have written in my last round of logs for that type of pet doing x damge with y moves.... It can get kind of meh to see good pets get ruined by special move changes.. but its just as Tyrath said, The best way to make a pet is to just give it standard moves like AI, and a normal school of magic as they are the ones that hardly see notable impacts from special move twinks.... In the mean time I will keep tracking the ninja nerfs and balances and try to keep everyone informed to the major changes... =^-^=

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, I pretty much stopped taming and training for now. I have a bunch of fully scrolled ($$$) pets that obsoleted with stealth changes, and looking at that waste is not pleasant.
I do agree for the need to balance things. And I don't think it was possible to do a lot of this balancing on TC1 in a reasonable amount of time. It's just not realistic with current population. I just wish they 1) discussed the balancing changes with the players prior to pushing it (it will take longer, but that's a good thing); 2) stopped looking at everything that works well as OP.

Turbo

Adventurer
If they had put pet skill gates on tc before the revamp went live we could have tested everything so they could get the fine tuning done.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of what I find would be missed on TC1 as going through the entire process from taming, stabling, bonding, training the slots, training the skills and finally putting the pet into full action and then comparing identical builds and keeping noted through the entire process. Don't get me wrong there is a lot to test and learn of TC but at the end of the day it is the Bernie Sanders Free Stuff Shard :) Origin and the other live test shards are where the entire system from begining to end in a real shard evironment can be really tested out. A lot of bugs and yes there are a lot of bugs could be hammered out and never making it worldwide. Really need to keep stuff on the live test shards a lot longer make changes as needed, kick it back to TC and then back out to live test shards. It might add a month to 6 weeks to a pub going live world wide but it would be a much better and a lot more finished product.

biza

Visitor
So i leveled bushido on my cu for ****s and giggles, and honestly I am starting to think (The higher the skill right now sitting at 90) he seems to take a lot less damage... Was there a dev post on this or is this my imagination? As bushido is the last skill to gain everything else is at 120... I know it says access to moves but doesnt say anything about the defense increase?

Edit he has feint so maybe its the increased skill im seeing?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning, Biza, You are correct that while you don't get the UI for the sam moves you do get the parry bonus and it does increase the effectiveness of the fient move the more skill it gains in bush. just as Fren whirl gains more damage the higher ninja skill goes... its part of the changes that went into effect a week or so back.. Ive been testing it on some different pets and combos.. Ive also found that sam and ninja skills gained in this way will not be over written by certain schools of magic.. so say you have a cu with frenz whirl or feint and ya decide.. I want to give it poison.. well it will get poison and still gain ninja or bush as its the moves procing gains in those schools... and you will get the passive bonus those schools offer as well.( like the parry increase in bush , and the extra damage in ninja)

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all, I finally was able to test the bonus damage of caster pets.... which I will share with you now.. Int is still way to low to add any major changes to spells... but if you pet is pre loaded with it on tam that's a nice bonus... The real damage for casters it their 2nd skill related increase... Now spells schools like Chiv,spell weaving, their bonuses are built into caps.. like at 120 its nearly 30-40% damage increase from GM. for school like mystic( which a small amount of damage is built into its 120 cap too), magery, and nerco.. their side skills are the money makers.. For magery.. increasing your eval on a pet is near a 30% SDI for your pet... (but will cost ya 200 points and 120 Ps/) Nero, spirit speak tend to increase the damage about 25-27%.. ( still clocking this one on aoe and single target).. for Mystic focus at 120 seems to only add about 10-12% damage.. but hey you are also gaining 2-3 HP reg, 2-3stam reg,and 2-3 mana reg off it.. Sorry it took so long to get the math on these... have a wonderful day all.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can't get over this Stygian Drake, murdered like 100 odd and I found out after letting them attack me that they are blessing me, even the individual blesses too. Was also getting hit with mana vampire, i'm not sure if this is part of the skill rotation of mage mastery after experiencing it on my White Wyrm. When tamed Stygian Drakes never bless you, they don't kite, only did kite once after I was tanking for a bit, only once i've made it happen and it was pretty much at full health so definetly a kite attempt.

Stygian Drakes need at the very least the AI they had pre-tame with their lowish 4 slot stats and possibly healing/curing their master/party members + with the kite would make for an actual great mage pet that UO really needs (op hiryuu's/cu's/dino's...) + they look like the dog bollox!

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all, Hope everyone had a good july 1st and july 4th... Ive heard that poisons effectiveness may soon be buffed on pets that are not born with it.. Im going to see if this can be confirmed at the next meet and greet..on the off chance I don't make it to the meet and greet and someone ask about this matter please let us know. thank you.. hope everyone is doing well. =^-^=

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all.. Looks like they have done another fine tuneing on the A.I. of Aoe moves again... Im still remaking and testing the other aoes, but my test on goo shows that they have made it preform a lot better on certain pets with this fix.. meaning it will use goo less 1v1 and focus on more single target based moves now.. the only time I found this varied was if your pets wrest and tactics were to low to hit whats its fighting,(Even though wrest is HCI for pets..I found that low tactics on a pet with 120 wrestle also trigged the use of aoe move.. even though tactics just increase the damage a pet does and decreases the damage being done to it.)...or if you are fighting something that teleports or moves out of melee range a lot.. then this will trigger aoe moves more as the A.I. reads that this is a better option... Next Im going to see if energys is bugs have been corrected in this latest update... if anyone else is testing the others aoes( poison breath, earth, etc. )your input is greatly welcomed... Good hunting all =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all... while I was testing the aoe I noticed 2 nice changes.. they have reduced Armor ignore back down to 30 from 50 mana cost.. and this next part is very interesting.. They have buff the stat Int again... the base damage it adds to spells is still fairly weak... But they buff the amount of mana regen is provides again.. before 500 int = about 1.5-3 mana reg... Now the value is closer to 500 int = 8.5-10 mana reg... On a test with with a pure night mare with 678 str 150 500 int (without magery mastery).. I found it gained enough mana bac for an extra attack every few secs compared to its old numbers.. and will even gain a fine increase in mana after it uses bless on itself...This is a solid damage buff to the low passive mana pets... just thought I would let ya know this change my friends.. the armor ignore lowered cost is huge mana saver on its own.. =^-~=

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all.. just letting ya know my net is fixed an Im back.. so you are welcome to send messages, post, or ask any questions.. I've been testing the changes ot the low mana reg family some more and I must say I like the new leg up its given them in damage.. =^-^=

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
(I found with 2 slot mares some of them the game will round up as soon as you start the new system and it will hit 3 slot right away ..with these the extra training is lost.... normally the ones that stay 2 slot you have tip toe around the order ya do things.. while you are adding PS's and regs in the first point your lore will tell ya that its gone up to three slots.... but once its done you still get 2 more rounds of training or 3k points... Just becareful in round 3 to 4 if you 120 skill get to close to that cap during that round it can jump a slot.... and you will lose the 4-5 slot training.. but .. once you get the 3 to 4 slot 1500 points done.. this is the safe zone... its very rare to slot jump at this point.. bare in mind this was with mares testing.... and you can increase their dex and stam in the other phases..but wait until the 4 to 5 slot round to increase str and HP as these have been the biggest cause of slot jumping in my testing.... bare in mind this is only in my test of 2 slot mares.... and the math has varied alittle with pets like Naj and Phenix... I was going to wait to even post this... but since a fix is coming.. maybe this will save some pets and resources... once again.. when it tams as 2 slot start the system right away and bring up the 0-100% bar.. if it doesn't jump to 3 slot by the game rounding up(stays 2 slot) this one is a keeper..)
Yesterday I trained up a 2 slot mare that I had stabled and it jumped slot, the only real stat I increased was intelligence (125 > 500), I max'd it's resists and worked his regen's etc but I followed the advice about not stabling and working on training straight away and this very strong (3.3 2 slot) I've been working on last night and today went to 3 slot with no jump.

However from the 3>4 slot stage I am still concerned even with the "fix?". I still haven't stabled the mare yet and I'm working on it's poisoning (82/100 so far), I also added poison breath and for anyone who doesn't know you can train poison>poison breath and return back to another skill and your pet will still perform the poison breath/aura of nasua (I have not tested the other 2 poison abilities). I'm hoping the magery poison with poisoning skill at GM works well I think all magery pets should be trained like this!
So training from 3>4 and returning back to magery will cost me no points and I will have to invest a lot of points into stats/maxing resistances, STR and HP i'll work on as little as possible but I don't have 120 scrolls to use yet (is 120'ing skills safe option btw?) and I am worried about it jumping as poison training is a good bit of afk'ing + it will have parry/poison GM when I start training again adding more weight.... i'll edit this later and hopefully it doesn't jump and that will probably confirm no stabling is the way to go.

edit - I was able to go from 3>4 without increasing skill caps, also training is building up leading to 5.
559 hp, 690 mana, 450 str, 400 int, max resists, 20hpr, 14mr.

edit - I know this might sound stupid, but I leave mana regen at 14 because i'm a peace tamer so the pet ends up at 30 near me. I imagine pet's follow the rule of mana regen max of 30 and gain no additional benefit from it being for instance 46? I only ask this because their intelligence can hit 700.

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Deadly, when it comes to slot jumping , yes adding 120s is the safest and most effective way to insure it doesn;t slot jump as it spends almost a full lvl of points without changing the values the game uses to calculate the slot value.... but if you increase its skill cap to 120 then work the skills to cap ... that can and normally will cause a slot jump in pet that was born a lower slot.. so make sure not to skill the lower slot pet to much... sounds like you are 3rd base rounding to home on this pet.. fine work mate .. ^_~

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Donavon ty!

Ye after not having the scrolls to hand I took the unsafe route and still managed to not skip a stage. I wanted this to be a casting pet as opposed to a melee orientated one so I only went with 450 STR (I think I can max his HP to 730 just leaving the points for now, more HP the better to counter magic reflect's -20% physical + better dragon breath's), I haven't taught him any melee skills anyway so the loss of STR shouldn't be too big a drama.

So ye i'm very close to GM poisoning and will switch him back to magery soon, his magery is only sitting at 40 so it will take me a while to test the magery poison and the effectiveness of poison breath without poisoning as his main.

The INT is maxed and all i'll say is i'm impressed, I wanted it max to not only increase MR even further but to compliment Magery and I must say i'm impressed with the mana regeneration + when I bless him his mana regeneration seems to increase further (700 > 770), seems to be 5 MR a second, i'm impressed anyway don't know if Hiryuu's are better I haven't tried.

edit - the only dilemma I have is the MR 14, with peacemaking it's 30 but if I decide to sell at some point no one is going to want it. Being a mounted pet you have the benefit of riding it to get it's mana up full but I don't think my peace song would apply to it's MR while mounting so dunno If i should raise up MR or not hmm ^^

edit - the mare is applying lethal poison reliably to a shadow iron elemental with magery mastery, it has to be coming from poison breath or it would be crazy that 42 magery/100 poisoning would be lethal.
ok so I just put a box in-between and it's definitely the poison breath doing lethal, the mare only poison breath's when in melee attack range.

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh yes the new buffs to int and the mana reg it gives now really helped wth mana issues in mares and cu.. we tested a pure spec cu with goo and armor ignore on a boss fight.. after 8 mins of combat the cu mana was still holding above 300 with a 530 mana pool.. that was with 678 150 500 build though .. its nice to see them doing steady damage and not just running the tank out and then being left with melee damage for longer fights.. ^_~ and yes the hiryu and other super mana reg pets got a nice increase from this buff too.. the extra mana reg is diff there to be seen.. =^-^= as they do so well on mana as is.. Ive been leaving them at 370 int range .. for the extra 2% melee damage

Last edited:

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh this really blows.

If you do the poisoning > poison breath/learn any other poison skill thing, train up poisoning to GM and learn another skill, if your pet dies you can't train poisoning back up to GM unless you spend 2 points to switch back and forth (providing you left points). I tried poison breath in sleeping dragon for 30 mins and no budge.

So let me get this straight, you can gain Bushido when you don't main Bushido but you can't do the same for poison? Nox Mage is the only way to make Magery seem worth otherwise whats the point, you have a kid mage who can't stop teleporting and using magic reflection, going against the resists we trained! It's really fustrating to see beetles/hiryuu's so useful and everything else pretty much useless in comparison :(