• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Changes and stats

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you will check your Stygian Drakes guys.... those seems to be the problems childs.. Remember when some months ago when Khaelor made his pre pub white wrym and a good mount of points he left on the pet to use later poofed.. It seems this is happening to other pets on test.. if ya have a key pets and you sand bagged extra points please check and see if the points are still on the copy... also.. on day one of the reverts.. I talked to mighty M about 2 slot reps lvled normally on the system reverting..she said she would talk to K and the next day when I copyed this rep it didn't revert.. often devs will not post small changes until there is more to report... but just like the nerfs/balances that went on for months.. not everything will be admitted to openly(at least not until those changes have been decided to make the final cut, and they can collect a detail list of said changes to post) My typing sucks on good days.. health wise this has not been a good one for me.. if you guys have any 2 slot born pets(mares naj etc), normal cus, hiryus, 2 slot reps.. or anything you took to 5/5 but stil have points on please let us know if they lost the lef tover points on test. =^-^=
I dunno, I still find that odd. I copied to TC1 about 30 minutes after they brought it up on the first day to check my pets. My 2-Slot Reptalon didn't revert and still has his leftover training points. The only time I've heard of pets losing their leftover training points is with 3-Slot Legacy Dragons (I can test and confirm this still happens), and slot-dropped pets.

I just find it odd that some pets of the same variety revert, while others don't. You'd think it would be all or nothing, especially since the range is very tight on a lot of pets. I've hunted and tamed probably about 30+ 2-slot reptalons, and the range on those is VERY tight. With Legacy 3-Slot Dragons, it seems to be every dragon regardless of training (which makes sense, it's something with that pet). Whereas there shouldn't be a difference between natural 2-slot pets, since they all get 4500 points to spend. They should either all revert or none revert. I think it would really help to see the screenshots of pets that are reverting.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It can be odd the way the reverts happen and get fxied.. the pets I reported reverted in the first few days of the test reseting.. are no longer reverting.. the rep stopped reverting on the 2nd day and the banes a few days after.. the mares which I had that reverted are all stable now as well...even the pre pub dragon I was using for testing is back to a good place... This is how I know they are working on the revert code.. Its odd how pets can have very sim stats in the game , one can revert while another will not..like my chiv bane that has barley 550 Hp reverted on day one.. while my caster with 650 Hp and all 120s did not.(sometimes seems to hit rare combos on pets). These are the bugs they are correcting as they go.. One of the main reasons they will never admit to these small changes is because it opens flood gates of questions they honestly don't have time to answer... When people come to me with their pets that have odd bugs or reverts I pass the info along.. and normally within 1-3 days they are fixed and no longer reverting... So as long as these pets are fixed and a120ed out pet that shouldn't be reverting is no longer doing so.. the nuts and bolts of it matter lil to me.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It can be odd the way the reverts happen and get fxied.. the pets I reported reverted in the first few days of the test reseting.. are no longer reverting.. the rep stopped reverting on the 2nd day and the banes a few days after.. the mares which I had that reverted are all stable now as well...even the pre pub dragon I was using for testing is back to a good place...=
How many bane dragons do you have? The two?

30 prepatch mares and not one reverted or lost training points since day one of patch, I went back and checked all of them.

Legacy Dragons have not been touched with how they revert. Same circumstances, same training they revert or lose the training points the same way. I have about 10 legacy dragons on test center.

So I would love to see screen shots of the different reverts, nonreverts, maybe then I can understand what is happening to you, because again, No one else I have talked with is seeing what you are saying you are seeing and I'm genuinely curious.

Also, I know you are saying you are reporting pets that you feel are reverting when they shouldn't. Are you also reporting pets that have not reverted but should? I see them quite frequently on test still. The revert code is failing to pick up pets with bugged health/mana.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Off and on I have about 4-5 bane.. but do often trade them to friends when Im ready to try something new..they are my favorite pet after all.. =^-^= If you have pets which are not being effected by the reverts or any bugs.. then that greats... this work is mostly for the player base that are having iusses.. all of my pets are clean now.. not one is having issuies..but to the player base that does have bugged pets..thats what these post are about.. I mean if 99% of players are having no issue, but 1% are.. Im merely saying that people check their pets for the issue that 1% might be having to see if any of their pets are.. after all.. as long as its not reverted or changed on live yet.. all pets have hope of being saved..so long as they were not expoited.. ..in that case they will be purged like all poisons . removed and then forgotten..

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I dunno, I still find that odd. I copied to TC1 about 30 minutes after they brought it up on the first day to check my pets. My 2-Slot Reptalon didn't revert and still has his leftover training points. The only time I've heard of pets losing their leftover training points is with 3-Slot Legacy Dragons (I can test and confirm this still happens), and slot-dropped pets.

I just find it odd that some pets of the same variety revert, while others don't. You'd think it would be all or nothing, especially since the range is very tight on a lot of pets. I've hunted and tamed probably about 30+ 2-slot reptalons, and the range on those is VERY tight. With Legacy 3-Slot Dragons, it seems to be every dragon regardless of training (which makes sense, it's something with that pet). Whereas there shouldn't be a difference between natural 2-slot pets, since they all get 4500 points to spend. They should either all revert or none revert. I think it would really help to see the screenshots of pets that are reverting.
WOW : 30 + 2-slot Reptalons? Any suggestion for a fellow tamer where to get them and how? Been trying to find even one, and every effort is the only place I know they are located ends with gray robes gifts for me..How do we find them? Any other locations? Been trying to get just one of these 2 slotters..Ty for any info..( All I see in Labyrinth is 3-slots)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all, If any of your have dread spiders that are speced into nerco mage and have any combo of power scrolls used.. please check test and see if they have reverted.. so far I have had 3 reports of normal dread spiders reverting ..It seems to happen only to nerco mage speced ones that go over 520 Hp and 750ish mana..(and have power scrolls) If yours reverted please post or message the live stats to use.. so we can help weed out this bug in the code.. take it easy everyone =^-^=

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good evening all, If any of your have dread spiders that are speced into nerco mage and have any combo of power scrolls used.. please check test and see if they have reverted.. so far I have had 3 reports of normal dread spiders reverting ..It seems to happen only to nerco mage speced ones that go over 520 Hp and 750ish mana..(and have power scrolls)
Please post screen shots of the pets on live so we better understand how they are reverting. Thanks.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I request the owners of the spiders please post pics of them.. as they are not my pets and I merely wrote the info down... and if anyone else has any that reverted please post pics here as well.. thank you . =^-^=

Last edited:

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I checked TC1 just now, and my PP 3 Slot Dragon has been changed. I'm terrible with the pics, so just going to post the changes, sorry

Numbers will be posted like this - my shard / TC1

Hits 750 / 488
Stam 150 / 96
Mana 698 / 459
STR 803 / 822 (which I thought was weird)
DEX 125 / 96
INT 436 / 459
HPR 20 / 0
MR 30 / 0
Resists 80/80/45/80/80 - 58/60/31/34/41
Base Dam 24-33 / 16-22
Scrolled to 120 / Scrolled to 120
All skills at proper levels

The dragon's training was complete. It is now Slot 4 out of 5 on TEST and by the looks of things can be trained up again to 5.

Don't know what to do, say, or who to say it to.

Attachments

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I checked TC1 just now, and my PP 3 Slot Dragon has been changed. I'm terrible with the pics, so just going to post the changes, sorry

Numbers will be posted like this - my shard / TC1

Hits 750 / 488
Stam 150 / 96
Mana 698 / 459
STR 803 / 822 (which I thought was weird)
DEX 125 / 96
INT 436 / 459
HPR 20 / 0
MR 30 / 0
Resists 80/80/45/80/80 - 58/60/31/34/41
Base Dam 24-33 / 16-22
Scrolled to 120 / Scrolled to 120
All skills at proper levels

The dragon's training was complete. It is now Slot 4 out of 5 on TEST and by the looks of things can be trained up again to 5.

Don't know what to do, say, or who to say it to.

Im preparing an email to the dev's regarding this, what server are you on? any chance i can come by and take some screenshots of your dragon?

This is line with all the 3 slot dragons I have seen or trained on live/test center.

BTW if you attempt to train it on test, you will notice it only has a couple hundred points actually available to train back up.

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey Khaelor, I'm on ATL, and if that works for you, then yes of course you can come by. What programs are used for screenshots anyway? Are people just using paint? I tried and it just looked awful. It was the one shot of the lore screen in a huge white background.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey Khaelor, I'm on ATL, and if that works for you, then yes of course you can come by. What programs are used for screenshots anyway? Are people just using paint? I tried and it just looked awful. It was the one shot of the lore screen in a huge white background.
If you have Windows 7+, the "Snipping Tool" is great for screenshots. Allows you to draw the area you want to capture, so no need to save it and then edit it after.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what hours are you generally on? send me a conversation next time you are on and i'll take some screenshots if you are unable to.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just press PrtScr and paste into paint. Then select the part I want, copy and past here.

Had a guy ask me about a dragon yesterday that got ruined on TC. WTH is up with dragons. I dont use them so I have no problems with them. :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just press PrtScr and paste into paint. Then select the part I want, copy and past here.

Had a guy ask me about a dragon yesterday that got ruined on TC. WTH is up with dragons. I dont use them so I have no problems with them. :)
Its pretty much been a problem since the original revert patch, but new patch makes it alot worse. My partially trained one on prodo shards lost 1300 unspent training points on test just by logging in there.

These are only the legacy reverting. If you fully spec'd out your 3 slot dragon on prodo there's a 100% chance it will revert on tc.

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the advice on screenshots guys! I'll play around with both ways. With the help and advice I've received here, I at least, owe the community some screenshots of my pets!

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was able to figure it out Khaelor via snipping tool...I'll post what the dragon is on ATL, but cannot post TC1 until the transfer timer expires tonight. I deleted my character there and wanted to transfer fresh.

Dragon1.JPG Dragon2.JPG Dragon3.JPG Dragon4.JPG Dragon5.JPG

The skills were fine so far

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The str dex int is overcapped. Maybe thats why they get whacked. But if thats the case, a dragon wolf would be the same.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning all, sorry have not posted in awhile... but been rather sick and still abit under the weather... got word today that mighty M is going to have the Devs working on the pre pub dragons.. so maybe soon we will have another unaffected pet added to the list.. and we can finally start leveling these beauties without fear on live shards... just wanted to say Hi and as always keep making copies to test before you touch any pre pub pet on live.in the case of the dragons even after tis fixed I would copy it 5-7 more times just to be sure all the bugs are out of the way.. remember to wait 24 hours or until a shard reset to see the lasting effects on speced pets on test... have a wonderful day all =^-^=

Gardo

Journeyman
Good morning all, sorry have not posted in awhile... but been rather sick and still abit under the weather... got word today that mighty M is going to have the Devs working on the pre pub dragons.. so maybe soon we will have another unaffected pet added to the list.. and we can finally start leveling these beauties without fear on live shards... just wanted to say Hi and as always keep making copies to test before you touch any pre pub pet on live.in the case of the dragons even after tis fixed I would copy it 5-7 more times just to be sure all the bugs are out of the way.. remember to wait 24 hours or until a shard reset to see the lasting effects on speced pets on test... have a wonderful day all =^-^=
This would be great. I have 3 of these beauties that I’ve been dying to train up. The TC reverts have been uber frustrating but not nearly as bad as prodo shard reverts would be....

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We wrote a very detailed letter to mesanna with multiple screenshots and outcomes of multiple prepatch dragons last week. She visited our guild today on Chesapeake, along with some other prepatch dragon keepers. They have acknowledged the issue with legacy dragons and are working on a fix, they even made mention of it in the recent newsletter.

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all, Khaelor posted a vid this evening showing that release retaming no longer resets pre pub petsas of pub 99.. So if you are returning and have a 4 slot Cu, or Hiryu, or Giant beetle(3slot should be 1)... please Do not start the training Option/ hit the blue button.. There is talk of a fix in pub 100 that once the button is pushed then based on the pets stats it will go to the right slot then move up from there.. its also a fix for pets that have been slot lowered where is if the stats are to low for that type the new system will not accept it at all.. but we will just have to play it by ear and see what happens on test in pub 100.. Until Then Do not press the blue button in lore to start the bar.... Fine work Khaelor ,mate =^-^=

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good afternoon all, Khaelor posted a vid this evening showing that release retaming no longer resets pre pub as of pub 99...
You do not need to post for me, as you can tell I can post for myself. So please don't use information I have posted on here for your own posts, I prefer to speak for myself with my information. Thank you.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just making sure the masses see your info mate.. as I have a large number of players following this thread.. and wanted to give credit where is was due.... but as ya wish I will not post thing on your behalf and apologize if my last post offended you .. =^-~=

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You do not need to post for me, as you can tell I can post for myself. So please don't use information I have posted on here for your own posts, I prefer to speak for myself with my information. Thank you.
I could be wrong and missing your post. Did not see it, apparently Don saw it. He posted it here since many players are watching this thread, and it is vital info. So he did right to post it, and also he kindly gave you credit for your work, your findings, and gave you credit for the post.
Your unkind attitude towards Don is deplorable, you have no heart in your words for him at all. I do not understand. You are also otherwise a very kind and caring person, and provide useful info here for everyone.
As has Don always has been, and still is.
With due respect: Whats with all this ice?
Can we please be kinder to one another? Sheesh!!!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Just making sure the masses see your info mate.. as I have a large number of players following this thread.. and wanted to give credit where is was due.... but as ya wish I will not post thing on your behalf and apologize if my last post offended you .. =^-~=
No you did the right think to warn the players about this Don, and this is the right thread to place it..
I appreciate the info : This info is not useful unless seen by as many people as possible..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I appreciate the info
I asked one simple thing, for another poster not to post info when I am capable of posting it myself where it needs to be posted. I post here often, I did the testing, I can most accurately explain my results.

If you think asking for someone else to not speak for me is ice. Then I don't know what to say.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I asked one simple thing, for another poster not to post info when I am capable of posting it myself where it needs to be posted. I post here often, I did the testing, I can most accurately explain my results.

If you think asking for someone else to not speak for me is ice. Then I don't know what to say.
I hold both you and Don in great respect and regard, and appreciate you work tremendously. You both mean well. And I know Don is not the type of person who holds any grudges or anything..I did find your nice post, it is in the Pet Revamp thread. Its important enough to be a leader post and a thread of it own. Thanks..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Its important enough to be a leader post and a thread of it own. Thanks..
Except before the patch was even published it was posted in several threads here and on the official forums also.

This thread needs to honestly die. New players coming back seeing this, reading it from the beginning will just get confused. Too much has changed and this post no longer serves the community. As things change, make a thread about that change.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Except before the patch was even published it was posted in several threads here and on the official forums also.

This thread needs to honestly die. New players coming back seeing this, reading it from the beginning will just get confused. Too much has changed and this post no longer serves the community. As things change, make a thread about that change.
Kind of..BUT still these threads with a little out-dated information are educational, and they depict the history and mindset of changes devs and players. Its just that the new readers need to read ALL posts, not just a few starting ones. And this taming thing seems to not have crystallized completely. Still changing, irregularly and capriciously on-off and kind of unexpectedly and intermittently. I think most of us here are hard***es, we will NOT quit, and we are not allergic to change or challenge. Tells you how addicted to this UO we are..(Speaking for myself of course..).. Anyways, we'll see better days .. I think ..