• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Changes and stats

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon Rellc, there was a tree that use to spawn them.. it was removed for now to test other things... but as soon as this arc is over we are going to request that they put it back up.. for now we have a few player test houses set up with 120 PS to hand out... if you would like to meet up sometime let me know..and I will see what I can do about xfering some to ya... until then just know that you can sub the values of investing those scrolls by leaving this many point ont he pet.. 120 wrest,tactcis,eva, ss will cost you 200(or 50 per 5 skills increase) points each to add... all of the schools of magic bush,ninja, chiv, magery will cost you 100(or 25 per 5 skill increase) points to take to 120.. and all the other skills.,..RS, anat, parry,med,focus cost 20(or 5 per skill increase) points to add the 120s... so basicly even if ya don't have the scrolls just leave the mount of point on the pet as if you did add it..and that will help ya see the end stats.. hope this helped ,mate.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Rellic

Adventurer
Good afternoon Rellc, there was a tree that use to spawn them.. it was removed for now to test other things... but as soon as this arc is over we are going to request that they put it back up.. for now we have a few player test houses set up with 120 PS to hand out... if you would like to meet up sometime let me know..and I will see what I can do about xfering some to ya... until then just know that you can sub the values of investing those scrolls by leaving this many point ont he pet.. 120 wrest,tactcis,eva, ss will cost you 200(or 50 per 5 skills increase) points each to add... all of the schools of magic bush,ninja, chiv, maery will cost you 100(or 25 per 5 skill increase) points to take to 120.. and all the other skills.,..RS, anat, parry,med,focus cost 20(or 5 per skill increase) points to add the 120s... so basicly even if ya don't have the scrolls just leave the mount of point on the pet as if you did add it..and that will help ya see the end stats.. hope this helped ,mate.. =^-^=
Ya that's what I did last night.
Then I used the other mares to see what dropped when I added stuff...

One of the mares I didn't take any skills first time only stats and then the option to add AI was not there for the second train ..
Glad I did that one test

Rellic

Adventurer
Good afternoon Rellc, there was a tree that use to spawn them.. it was removed for now to test other things... but as soon as this arc is over we are going to request that they put it back up.. for now we have a few player test houses set up with 120 PS to hand out... if you would like to meet up sometime let me know..and I will see what I can do about xfering some to ya... until then just know that you can sub the values of investing those scrolls by leaving this many point ont he pet.. 120 wrest,tactcis,eva, ss will cost you 200(or 50 per 5 skills increase) points each to add... all of the schools of magic bush,ninja, chiv, magery will cost you 100(or 25 per 5 skill increase) points to take to 120.. and all the other skills.,..RS, anat, parry,med,focus cost 20(or 5 per skill increase) points to add the 120s... so basicly even if ya don't have the scrolls just leave the mount of point on the pet as if you did add it..and that will help ya see the end stats.. hope this helped ,mate.. =^-^=
Do we have a list of pets and what there natural skills, special abilities, and magical skills are before we start training them up?

Like a mare is a natural mage, with firebreath . But when I Google mare the UO guide says there Necromancer group.

Can't say I've seen my mare do much necro stuff

Rellic

Adventurer
Also I was wondering about the skill piercing after reading this.

How accurate is this....I was thinking I would test it tonight. But it seams like a lot of bang for the buck over just getting AI .....have any of you tried it?

Some Magical Abilities are so powerful that they require all 3 of the available options, example ‘Piercing’ which trains the creature in the bleed, armor ignore and paralyse special moves together with the Pierce and Thrust mastery abilities’. Some abilities have additional requirements, eg the special move ‘nerve strike’ requires the pet to have trained 50 points in Bushido.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
IMO, straight up AI is better than Piercing.

Mare can train necromage, but it's 1500 points for necromancy and spirit speak.

I have a new 2 slot mare with necromage and they are low points or have to skimp somewhere else.

Rellic

Adventurer
IMO, straight up AI is better than Piercing.

Mare can train necromage, but it's 1500 points for necromancy and spirit speak.

I have a new 2 slot mare with necromage and they are low points or have to skimp somewhere else.
Yes I seen the necromage. But your right ...

Atm my mares are from like 2004-5 ish
So I have a few more points to play with as str is 519 on one and 515 on the other with 360 and 390 hits respectively.

I have another but I don't recall it's hits and str.

I also thinking I want to do 3 very different builds in the end. One I was thinking pvp even though I don't see anyone around on lake Austin to pvp with during my play times.

I just have not tested enough since being back to make that decision .

One will be a champ spawn killer I hope.
But I have 2 WW and a dragon from back then also to play with for champ spawn killers if I need to .

I really would like to do something with my WW also ....

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes I seen the necromage. But your right ...

Atm my mares are from like 2004-5 ish
So I have a few more points to play with as str is 519 on one and 515 on the other with 360 and 390 hits respectively.

I have another but I don't recall it's hits and str.

I also thinking I want to do 3 very different builds in the end. One I was thinking pvp even though I don't see anyone around on lake Austin to pvp with during my play times.

I just have not tested enough since being back to make that decision .

One will be a champ spawn killer I hope.
But I have 2 WW and a dragon from back then also to play with for champ spawn killers if I need to .

I really would like to do something with my WW also ....

I have 9 legacy mares, I'm looking at all different spec's for them also. The only ones I've decided on were the necromage, ai mare and fww mare. the nox"mare" will be saved for the dreadmare. I'm divided on my feelings for master magery. I just like their normal mage AI too much, but will give one or two master magery.

I made a couple champ spawn white wyrms on test, all the wyrms i have test (6 legacy) were about 200 points from being very awesome for champ spawns, on prod shards I will probably skimp on the magery and eval scroll to make up some of those points.

Rellic

Adventurer
I have 9 legacy mares, I'm looking at all different spec's for them also. The only ones I've decided on were the necromage, ai mare and fww mare. the nox"mare" will be saved for the dreadmare. I'm divided on my feelings for master magery. I just like their normal mage AI too much, but will give one or two master magery.

I made a couple champ spawn white wyrms on test, all the wyrms i have test (6 legacy) were about 200 points from being very awesome for champ spawns, on prod shards I will probably skimp on the magery and eval scroll to make up some of those points.
Right on .

The new pets seam cool and all but dam it I'm 1997 old school and remember when they added mares.....I still remember taming my first pure mare and pure WW ...

I sold that account on GL in 2004 and then started this one....sure wish I would of held onto that fist account now.

I didn't have a lot of pets when I stopped on this account....2 dragon , 3 mares, and 2 WW .... When I logged off last time I was Simi rich.....with a keep and tuns of gold....

Lol I had 29k left in my bank when I logged in this time....

But my pets was still there..

PS.

How did you set up the WW?
I really would like to use one for me champ pet.

It was my go to pet for hunting back in the day .

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Right on .

But my pets was still there..
My first Mare....was when spawn blocking was a thing. I just reached enough taming to tame one, and I found her, a pure black mare in t2a. Spent over an hour trying to tame her when the worst thing happened.... another tamer approached. Instead of killing me or taming her out from under me, he helped me tame her. Through fel, nonbonding, disconnects, friends getting me killed, and many other mishaps she survived to pet bonding (along with 7 of her sisters, and i can still tell the story of how I tamed each one).

I let castles with server births , guard zone houses, and 5 house grandfathered accounts with all my worldly possessions fall. Everytime I came back, I started over... but she was there waiting for me (along with her sisters) ready to go on an adventure .

What has keep me coming back were my nightmares. I get it. :p

It's also why I've been taking so much care before training them.

My question regarding champ spawns is this, which ones are you planning on doing and will you be attempting them alone? One spec is better for bosses, another for spawn.

Rellic

Adventurer
My first Mare....was when spawn blocking was a thing. I just reached enough taming to tame one, and I found her, a pure black mare in t2a. Spent over an hour trying to tame her when the worst thing happened.... another tamer approached. Instead of killing me or taming her out from under me, he helped me tame her. Through fel, nonbonding, disconnects, friends getting me killed, and many other mishaps she survived to pet bonding (along with 7 of her sisters, and i can still tell the story of how I tamed each one).

I let castles with server births , guard zone houses, and 5 house grandfathered accounts with all my worldly possessions fall. Everytime I came back, I started over... but she was there waiting for me (along with her sisters) ready to go on an adventure .

What has keep me coming back were my nightmares. I get it. :p

It's also why I've been taking so much care before training them.

My question regarding champ spawns is this, which ones are you planning on doing and will you be attempting them alone? One spec is better for bosses, another for spawn.

I work late nights 3am ish before I get home most days on lake Austin....

Alone is all I know right now.
Hell I can't find a vendor with much more then arrows on it.

The most people iv seen at the Luna bank was 2.

I see one or 2 peeps run through to restock from time to time though...

Found 4 main land tram Castle plots so far ..... Probably more....

Yep alone....that's me hahahah

Well I have a quest from the expansion I picked up to kill baricoon ...or what ever. Probably will want to see the Samurai sleeping dragon.

There's so much about them I don't know

When I stopped playing they had the champ spawns just going in...ish was new. Then I came back with this account and the Ninja lands was in but I didn't play more then a month as I got drug back into darkfall.....god I hate that game.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have you thought of perhaps transferring to another shard? Chesapeake, Lake Superior and Great Lakes are all nice medium sized servers.

Barracoon would be the easiest to solo, also tends to be the most contested, a tamer can solo it pretty well, some of the other ones you are better off doing with a friend.

I spec most pets very similarly, unless specialized for a specific encounter, etc. I spec around 600 hits, 400 mana, 300 int, 700 str, 20 hp regen, 6-10 stam regen and 30 mana regen, max resists (for a white wyrm something like 80 Phys, 75 fire, (whatever natural cold is), and the remainder in Poison and Energy, while favoring Energy). Then special ability and caps

I find this spec works well with my 120 taming/lore/vet and Magery template. I do support my pet when hunting.

What type of spec do you have?

Rellic

Adventurer
*gasp* i closely resemble that remark and proudly tote ive gotten you killed many times =D
Hahaha I was the friend that might go gray killing my IRL friends at just the right moment back when silver vanq was King and no horses in the lich room.....so funny
Have you thought of perhaps transferring to another shard? Chesapeake, Lake Superior and Great Lakes are all nice medium sized servers.

Barracoon would be the easiest to solo, also tends to be the most contested, a tamer can solo it pretty well, some of the other ones you are better off doing with a friend.

I spec most pets very similarly, unless specialized for a specific encounter, etc. I spec around 600 hits, 400 mana, 300 int, 700 str, 20 hp regen, 6-10 stam regen and 30 mana regen, max resists (for a white wyrm something like 80 Phys, 75 fire, (whatever natural cold is), and the remainder in Poison and Energy, while favoring Energy). Then special ability and caps

I find this spec works well with my 120 taming/lore/vet and Magery template. I do support my pet when hunting.

Right now I have a 100gm Tamer/lore/vet with gm music and peace and Magic and rest is on its way up...never really worried much about that one with my tamers. But the critters now days hit so hard I am now...

Pa.
This is something I've been thinking about changing up a bit. Just not sure how yet.
I found a 105 tame scroll and used it so I can start working that up until I can get higher ones.

But the peace ...grate for moving into and around dungeons but disco might be better

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tell you a funny story about a friend of mine and I as he was always the one killing friendlies...

So we go to Siege and decide to make a couple of tamers... we are doing ok and get our skills up high enough finally to tame us some Greater Dragons... so we decide to go to the Temple on Fire Island... we take a Boura with us... and I (having the highest Taming) attempt to tame the beasty... now my friend is leading the dragon around and keeping our Boura healed as the Boura is taking the "heat" so to speak... he and I are in our.... "Poor mans LRC suits"... ie we are wearing nothing but some pieces of Arcane... Robe, boots, gloves... ZERO resists pretty much...

We are doing ok and I finally start getting a tame off and the thing fireballs me and I'm down to just a few HP... next thing I know..... BAM I'm hit with another fireball.... not from the dragon..... NOPE... my friend did it. He starts laughing hysterically and says "Shoot! Sorry! OMG I meant to cast Greater Heal!"

That was hilarious... Took quite a while to get 2 GD's tamed but was such a hoot in the meantime... You should try taming one with nothing on but a few Arcane items... It's a challenge to say the least.

Rellic

Adventurer

I have thought about it. But I don't want to spend the cash on the move yet....and truthfully if there is no o e there I'll have a easier time farming the scrolls.....spend my time farming up what I want them think about moving.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, you will want to get higher scrolls for taming/lore to go 5 slot legacy pets as the control of them increases to 108 taming/lore.

Farming isn't so bad on a server like Chesapeake, you just have to avoid despise

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Id like to see the lore pages of your Dread Spider, Tsuki Wolf, Ram. Do any have 700 str and 800HP? Also lets see the Skree you use at champ spawns.
I have a Tsuki in the stable waiting to be trained, I can show you my pred hellcats, hellhound and Bake though on Chesapeake. In fact, back before patch, I used a pride of hellcats often on Medusa and Navrey. Combined with a rune beetle they had the highest dps output in game for pets back then, they might have even without the runebeetle. Glass canons though. Had to be quick on the arch cure for Medusa~. And no they didnt tank it, how many people soloed medusa on tamers before the patch though. Alliance mate had a pretty interesting Ram, never tried one yet. But you inspire me so maybe this weekend i will work on my Tsuk and grab a spider and ram, if i can get the stable spots.

As for Skree at Champ spawn. Here is the thing, you are using the wrong assumption that all pets should be able to do everything absolutely equally. That's not the case nor should it be. Skrees are caster pets, their ai isn't suited to shine in Champ spawns. Just like I wouldn't take a fire steed to fight greater dragons. Pets don't have to have 700-800 hp to be good, in fact 90% of the time that would be wasted. Especially for champ spawns.

Lore pages don't tell the whole story, the whole story includes how the AI of that animal interacts with the training it has received from you. Then there is the added story of how that animal interacts with the tamer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a Tsuki in the stable waiting to be trained, I can show you my pred hellcats, hellhound and Bake though on Chesapeake. In fact, back before patch, I used a pride of hellcats often on Medusa and Navrey. Combined with a rune beetle they had the highest dps output in game for pets back then, they might have even without the runebeetle. Glass canons though. Had to be quick on the arch cure for Medusa~. And no they didnt tank it, how many people soloed medusa on tamers before the patch though. Alliance mate had a pretty interesting Ram, never tried one yet. But you inspire me so maybe this weekend i will work on my Tsuk and grab a spider and ram, if i can get the stable spots.

As for Skree at Champ spawn. Here is the thing, you are using the wrong assumption that all pets should be able to do everything absolutely equally. That's not the case nor should it be. Skrees are caster pets, their ai isn't suited to shine in Champ spawns. Just like I wouldn't take a fire steed to fight greater dragons. Pets don't have to have 700-800 hp to be good, in fact 90% of the time that would be wasted. Especially for champ spawns.

Lore pages don't tell the whole story, the whole story includes how the AI of that animal interacts with the training it has received from you. Then there is the added story of how that animal interacts with the tamer.
Ok then you were not talking about the pets I say are underpowered. You dont have those finished yet to find out.

Scrolls can take up to 800 points. tsuki, bake, skree, dread spider, or ram does not have enough points for decent HP and Str plus scrolls. Im not asking for them to be overpowered. If they could have the same points as a Hiryu or even a 3 slot NM, I'd be fine.

A skree should be an awesome pet at a spawn. Mysticism is a great magic for a pet. It has area damage and single target damage. It can remove curses and heal. I would love to have the ability to make a decent template on a Skree. It was one of the first pets I trained. Trained it full on Night Terrors That was quite a lot of work. It could kill a GD, but then I saw what a trained Cu could do. I released the skree in Destard.

Rellic

Adventurer
Also, you will want to get higher scrolls for taming/lore to go 5 slot legacy pets as the control of them increases to 108 taming/lore.

Farming isn't so bad on a server like Chesapeake, you just have to avoid despise
Yes trubel is getting the 120s with only having farmed up a few 100k if there was a shop even selling them.

I'm not sure 100% how it works since I've never farmed one, but it seemed I can spawn farm for low end ones....just will not be able to kill the boss yet.....

If nothing else I have a 100 necro I could thow chiv on and have a low end sampire to farm with.

Rellic

Adventurer
So I have not had the chance to do much of the testing I wanted. But I did find out it takes 110 taming to train even the first level of a mare. Not sure on the other critters. But that's what I had to set my skill to before I could level up my mare...and then that was good up to slot 5.

I also found that if you take cold wind aeo you can also take good on the second round.

But No AI if you do that.....grate for clearing large area...

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Rellic, You will find that as you increase the pets slot its taming /lore requirement does increase.. the mini one needs for a max slot pet in the new system is 107.1.. on test you can just set your skill to max.. on live you can use rings and other taming increase items to help you along until you have the real skill... Hope this helps.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I have not had the chance to do much of the testing I wanted. But I did find out it takes 110 taming to train even the first level of a mare. Not sure on the other critters. But that's what I had to set my skill to before I could level up my mare...and then that was good up to slot 5.

I also found that if you take cold wind aeo you can also take good on the second round.

But No AI if you do that.....grate for clearing large area...

Are you still having trouble finding 120 taming lore scrolls on Lake Austin? I don't have any transfer shields there, but perhaps can find a way to get them transfered from Atlantic to Lake Austin.

Rellic

Adventurer
Are you still having trouble finding 120 taming lore scrolls on Lake Austin? I don't have any transfer shields there, but perhaps can find a way to get them transfered from Atlantic to Lake Austin.

I got a 110 . But ya . I did a idoc Castle today in hopes of some drops but didn't get much . Tun of BoD a nice rune library some rares and a few very good sets of armor.....but no skill scrolls....they might of been a few but was 2 others digging through the Gaza deeds.

So far I've did the training on one mare for 2-3 and I can farm a tun faster now.

Bloods are nothing and I almost don't have to heal at all.

The big trubel for me I think is I don't have 10m gold hell I don't have 1 mil gold atm....

But I'm just back into game and things like this take time.

Atm I can get to take 110 and lore 110 and am trying to tame hellhounds.....

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all, as you all know with the recent release of pub 98 some changes were made to mage mastery on pets to balance them more in Pvp.. it seems there has been some unforeseen side effects to the changes...bare in mind that the taming system is always changing and they are still working on mage mastery... so far I've mostly been focusing on mares and dreads, as these are the pets most turn mage mastery on for in PvP... well in Pvp the changes made the mares teleport less, and cast mind blast less when the target was out of melee range as well, a 30 sec timer on armor ignore vs players... .. well in PvE I noticed that the mares and dreads with it on , either cast blessed far less often..( which is the case in most) ..or lose the spell altogether... Now I know this doesn't seems that big but its +91 str (if 120 eval and magery) your pet just lost in active combat, which is huge for melee and special moves... another side effect I'm seeing in the mare is once they spend their mana pool.. they rarly use special moves now with mage mastery on.... they will cast spells like crazy but Ive seen windows of 2-3 mins with no speicals used at all with the mana pool built back up to 115-160ish after it goes to 0 ..The first few mins of combat it seems to use speicals at a normal rate...then it just trips up.. I figured this would not make it to live.. but it has... Just another reason to avoid Mage mastery for now my friends.. until its fine tuned abit more... Figured I would give ya a head up.. I'm going to test it abit more and see if its just mares and dreads effected by this ...... or if its all the mage mastery pets... at anyrate out side of PvP I would avoid mage mastery for now... =* [

Rellic

Adventurer
Good evening all, as you all know with the recent release of pub 98 some changes were made to mage mastery on pets to balance them more in Pvp.. it seems there has been some unforeseen side effects to the changes...bare in mind that the taming system is always changing and they are still working on mage mastery... so far I've mostly been focusing on mares and dreads, as these are the pets most turn mage mastery on for in PvP... well in Pvp the changes made the mares teleport less, and cast mind blast less when the target was out of melee range as well, a 30 sec timer on armor ignore vs players... .. well in PvE I noticed that the mares and dreads with it on , either cast blessed far less often..( which is the case in most) ..or lose the spell altogether... Now I know this doesn't seems that big but its +91 str (if 120 eval and magery) your pet just lost in active combat, which is huge for melee and special moves... another side effect I'm seeing in the mare is once they spend their mana pool.. they rarly use special moves now with mage mastery on.... they will cast spells like crazy but Ive seen windows of 2-3 mins with no speicals used at all with the mana pool built back up to 115-160ish after it goes to 0 ..The first few mins of combat it seems to use speicals at a normal rate...then it just trips up.. I figured this would not make it to live.. but it has... Just another reason to avoid Mage mastery for now my friends.. until its fine tuned abit more... Figured I would give ya a head up.. I'm going to test it abit more and see if its just mares and dreads effected by this ...... or if its all the mage mastery pets... at anyrate out side of PvP I would avoid mage mastery for now... =* [
Right on .
As you know I have both my mares on test and one of them I did a poison then mage mastery.

It was one of the stronger builds even though it didn't have as much strength when I was spawn clearing. But something was wrong with him....he would be doing fine and then boom he would be on me a d I was dead....thought it might be a aoe spell hitting me. Not sure

But I will only do one mare on live. Leaving the others for a later date...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I got a 110 . But ya . I did a idoc Castle today in hopes of some drops but didn't get much . Tun of BoD a nice rune library some rares and a few very good sets of armor.....but no skill scrolls....they might of been a few but was 2 others digging through the Gaza deeds.

So far I've did the training on one mare for 2-3 and I can farm a tun faster now.

Bloods are nothing and I almost don't have to heal at all.

The big trubel for me I think is I don't have 10m gold hell I don't have 1 mil gold atm....

But I'm just back into game and things like this take time.

Atm I can get to take 110 and lore 110 and am trying to tame hellhounds.....
Unfortunately 10 M is nothing now for these powerscrolls : Wrestling 120 alone is 25-50 M in GL, and I think Atl, Used to be a useless PS now 25 M, and eve worse if you can even find one. SW 120 and Mys 120 6-8 M each if you can find one, etc 110's are like 500k or so, 115's depending on what usually 750k to 2 Mil, etc. Something must happen to be able to get these other than camping spawns in Fel, but I dunno what. Maybe some other way to obtain these via some type of reward? Drops from other boss creatures like Mel, Dreadhorn, etc? No idea. I am sure the thieves, pvpers, and Fel spawnmungers would not be too happy if PS would be obtained in other ways..But it is bound to happen. Maybe a different PS that only pets can use

Rellic

Adventurer
Unfortunately 10 M is nothing now for these powerscrolls : Wrestling 120 alone is 25-50 M in GL, and I think Atl, Used to be a useless PS now 25 M, and eve worse if you can even find one. SW 120 and Mys 120 6-8 M each if you can find one, etc 110's are like 500k or so, 115's depending on what usually 750k to 2 Mil, etc. Something must happen to be able to get these other than camping spawns in Fel, but I dunno what. Maybe some other way to obtain these via some type of reward? Drops from other boss creatures like Mel, Dreadhorn, etc? No idea. I am sure the thieves, pvpers, and Fel spawnmungers would not be too happy if PS would be obtained in other ways..But it is bound to happen. Maybe a different PS that only pets can use

Add them to t-map chest.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The seller of power scroll hired players to patrol the spawns and stop other players from getting ps. I have seen a couple times they work very late at despise, fighting other players until server down.

Rellic

Adventurer
Any more testing on this yet?
I have not had the time this week to do much of anything

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The seller of power scroll hired players to patrol the spawns and stop other players from getting ps. I have seen a couple times they work very late at despise, fighting other players until server down.
Although this behavior is legal per game rules so far, it is easily unethical and damaging to the game. I I wew the devs of the game or the main pple I would want to eliminate this behavior and SPITE al these CROOKS, by putting 120 PS in Lev 7 T-maps, and lower PS in lev 4 and lev 5 T-MAp boxes. I would make sure the Devs and Messana are aware of this behavior and gthis post specifically. I think this is a real issue and it needs to be addressed, and would tend to ELIMINATE the Trolls terrorizing the spawns, increase and revitalize T-Hunting, and it is something that needs to be done soon. Maybe this will also tend to stabilize the economy of the game that has been changed due to the new pet system.

Rellic

Adventurer
Although this behavior is legal per game rules so far, it is easily unethical and damaging to the game. I I wew the devs of the game or the main pple I would want to eliminate this behavior and SPITE al these CROOKS, by putting 120 PS in Lev 7 T-maps, and lower PS in lev 4 and lev 5 T-MAp boxes. I would make sure the Devs and Messana are aware of this behavior and gthis post specifically. I think this is a real issue and it needs to be addressed, and would tend to ELIMINATE the Trolls terrorizing the spawns, increase and revitalize T-Hunting, and it is something that needs to be done soon. Maybe this will also tend to stabilize the economy of the game that has been changed due to the new pet system.

This is sort of off the training topic but I agree.
I'm just back into the game, and truth be told back in my day I played a very very red griefer....then the next day I played a very blue pk Hunter.

My guild is and always will be UdA, and if we all came back we would take payment to do what they are doing.

It's pvp and really that is what I loved about this game....the risk that some guy was going to come up with a precast spell and a hali and dump me before I knew what was going on. I miss that....and the Uber bears .....dam them bears use to be so tuff.

I'm all for the t map PS....or even ish dropping them.

With with the population is low as it is on Lake Austin most days the Champs spawns in fell won't even pop..... On top of that with the prices the way they are new people in the people returning do not stand a chance of affording what they need.

I got very lucky and ran into somebody that just transferred over to Lake Austin when I asked if they had any 115 110 or 120 power Scrolls they told me that they had someone tens and they gave them to me so I could raise my taming up... But I still have nothing for my pets

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all, I hope you are all enjoying the new invasions.. Just wanted to let you know that all the mobs are super weak to poison, and that banes and naj's really rock them.( rune beetles too). Two new mini artys have been added to the Mage general adds.. as long as ya do 5% damage to them you will get one or the other.. and they are a real game changer... the first is a spell book that is stained in blood.. it will always have 3 mana Regen , 40-50% spell damage increase ( that's right its lit 50-60< if your old book was 30% much more if not> extra damage to word of death from just holding this book) 1 FC 10 LRC 64 spells .. the 2nd spell book type is ( Random slayer) 5-10 DCI 26-32%(might be higher just the highest Ive seen thuis far) 2fc 4-5LMC ... These books alone make doing the titian invasions well worth your time.. Remember only the caster genes wil give the books.. andthey are 100% so long as ya do 5% damage to them.. well enjoy my friends.. =^-^
p.s. there are also special blood stained armor , cloth items, blood stain nerco armor, and green nox plate armor that will only spawn during invasion on the bodies if you are a collector ^_~

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good afternoon all, I hope you are all enjoying the new invasions.. Just wanted to let you that all the mobs are super weak to poison, and that banes and naj's really rock them.. Two new mini artys have been added to the Mage general adds.. as long as ya do 5% damage to them you will get one or the other.. and they are a real game changer... the first is a spell book that is stained in blood.. it will always have 3 mana Regen , 40-50% spell damage increase ( that's right its lit 50-60< if your old book was 30% much more if not> extra damage to word of death from just holding this book) 1 FC 10 LRC 64 spells .. the 2nd spell book type is ( Random slayer) 5-10 DCI 26-32%(might be higher just the highest Ive seen thuis far) 2fc 4-5LMC ... These books alone make doing the titian invasions well worth your time.. Remember only the caster genes wil give the books.. andthey are 100% so long as ya do 5% damage to them.. well enjoy my friends.. =^-^
p.s. there are also special blood stained armor , cloth items, blood stain nerco armor, and green nox plate armor that will only spawn during invasion on the bodies if you are a collector ^_~
Oh wow. Do you need to have an active quest of some sort, or anyone who does 5% damage can get a drop?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No quest required anyone that shows up and does at least 5% damage will get a book off the caster Genes =^-^=

Rellic

Adventurer
Good afternoon all, I hope you are all enjoying the new invasions.. Just wanted to let you know that all the mobs are super weak to poison, and that banes and naj's really rock them.( rune beetles too). Two new mini artys have been added to the Mage general adds.. as long as ya do 5% damage to them you will get one or the other.. and they are a real game changer... the first is a spell book that is stained in blood.. it will always have 3 mana Regen , 40-50% spell damage increase ( that's right its lit 50-60< if your old book was 30% much more if not> extra damage to word of death from just holding this book) 1 FC 10 LRC 64 spells .. the 2nd spell book type is ( Random slayer) 5-10 DCI 26-32%(might be higher just the highest Ive seen thuis far) 2fc 4-5LMC ... These books alone make doing the titian invasions well worth your time.. Remember only the caster genes wil give the books.. andthey are 100% so long as ya do 5% damage to them.. well enjoy my friends.. =^-^
How long will this last.... I have to work all day and will not be home until 2.40 am

I did get a book from skara but it didn't have +50% dmg on it....think it had like med or something

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
No quest required anyone that shows up and does at least 5% damage will get a book off the caster Genes =^-^=
What are the caster Genes? Any specific ones? I did the dragons and ancient wyrms in Brit and some enemy soldiers etc and I got a drop of "nunchaku" and a bane bow with decent stats on them tese were not loot, but were drops in the backpack..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
There was a Titan that I did not get to it on time, and dunno what the drops from that were..

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Celt, During each invasion there are humanoid type monsters with rank.. the ones listed as General are the ones you seek.. If you bring up their paper doll by double clicking them you can see what type they are. The melee Generals only offer weapons that honestly are not the best.. but the Mage, healer, nerco and caster gene offer one of the 2 type of mini artifact books.. so its these you want to look out for.. The invasions are suppose to last until oct from what I heard.. but have not comfirmed this yet..Im sure we will have it for a few weeks at least.. =^-^=

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a Titan that I did not get to it on time, and dunno what the drops from that were..
Seems like Titans does not drop/give anything special (other than generated loot) atthis moment (yet?)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seems like Titans does not drop/give anything special (other than generated loot) atthis moment (yet?)
No they don't but they will give you something when the event comes to an end. What we don't know.

Rellic

Adventurer
Are they tameable? Or I not unerstand how its relatd to taming changes.
There not tameabl.
It dose not have anything to do with taming change.

So on that note....I am hoping I didn't jack my 6 year old dragon up...

He has 876 str and 698 int and 122 dex...
So with his int and str I added the Magic mastery for free and loved him on test...

So I did it on live but during test I must of missed that he no longer uses firebreath ...

It is still a skill along with goo and Magic mastery .....but I have not seen one breath since adding the Magic

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all, Ive noticed some of my old legacy pets have been going beyond GM parry without being scrolled.. If you intend to lvl a mare, cu, or anything pre patch 97 I would lvl its parry first and see if it does this.. so far the 2 of my legacy pets have gone to 120 parry without being scrolled for It... just thought I would let you know to perhaps save you some power scrolls.. =^-^=

Rellic

Adventurer
Good evening all, Ive noticed some of my old legacy pets have been going beyond GM parry without being scrolled.. If you intend to lvl a mare, cu, or anything pre patch 97 I would lvl its parry first and see if it does this.. so far the 2 of my legacy pets have gone to 120 parry without being scrolled for It... just thought I would let you know to perhaps save you some power scrolls.. =^-^=
I'll have to test this out. Iv still got one mare not trained at all and my dragon is 100 gm in all skills......and iv been training my WW .....

The thing I wish is I could take magery off of my dragon.

I tested it out on test but didn't see that he stopped using firebreath.
I added magery because his int was 1024 and str and hits both 650+ .....just seamed like he was meant to be a mage.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By the way, the pets going spontaneously wild bug is still there. Happened to a guildie the other day.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I've had a few close calls with it too... remember everyone to listen in game if your pet starts making disobeying sound even though you are not commanding it ..feed it right away or less then 3 mins later it will be wild... =* [

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
By the way, the pets going spontaneously wild bug is still there. Happened to a guildie the other day.

None of the tamers in my guild or alliance seem to have had this issue. Are there any details of exactly what happened?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For me its only happened in lower shame, and fighting navrey a few times.. for some reason in a given area every pet will just go from max happiness to near wild in a 7 min window.. in the last 3 mins of it they start to spam disobey sounds over and over.. when ya lore then at this points it says Content. then if you don't feed them mins later they go wild...you can also mount them and recall out and it stops..It seems super random what area are targeted by this bug..but when it hits its usally every pet in the area at once... during a navrey we had 8 out of 10 pets start to go wild when it hit.. I thought they had fixed it as of pub 98 , but I guess its still out there.. =* [
P.s . By the way any tamer that is using the pillars to line of sight solo Navrey ,make sure to feed your pet before the fight starts as it will go down a lvl or 2 of happiness if you have it line of sight blocked for 20 mins or so... ( the line of sight tactic is a method used to block Navrey from stunning you with web or teleporting you by hiding behind a pillar.<just standing behind it not using the skill hide or invis, hehe> This allows you to stay within Comsume damage range of your pet) =^-^=

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None of the tamers in my guild or alliance seem to have had this issue. Are there any details of exactly what happened?
A few days ago in the middle of a PvM encounter a pet went wild and died shortly after. They were not able to recover the pet.

Rellic

Adventurer
I had my dragon turn gray a few times spawning coon....I just ran up a d dropped meat on him and all was good....stayed gray but was still tame....