• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Changes and stats

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Some of them spawn without parry skill and its shows as --- but fear not.. as soon as your wrest hits GM and it procs the first .1 of parry you will be able to scroll it,my friend.. its the same with med.. sometimes on monster that don't have specials they will not have it until ya give them a special and they use their mana for the first time.. after it procs the .1 med ya can scroll tht as well. =^-^=

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of them spawn without parry skill and its shows as --- but fear not.. as soon as your wrest hits GM and it procs the first .1 of parry you will be able to scroll it,my friend.. its the same with med.. sometimes on monster that don't have specials they will not have it until ya give them a special and they use their mana for the first time.. after it procs the .1 med ya can scroll tht as well. =^-^=
Good to know. I am pretty sure that my other pets spawned without parry skill (because wrestling was <GM) and I was able to scroll them right away. Oh well, as long as it works at some point.

Turbo

Adventurer
If your beetle doesnt have gm+ wrestling to make parry show up in the lore gump it might not show up as a scrollable skill yet.

Where is everyone getting their info on stuff that has been adjusted. I havent seen anything posted anywhere.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Fair warning my friends.. Ive been running some test with 110 and 115 power scrolls and found a bug... on certain pets like Cy's and Hiryu's skill like wrestling and tactics will sometimes charge you an extra 50 points for going to 110... it cost 100 points to increase to 110 wrest..but Ive found that about one out of 20 times trying it it will come up as 150 and still only go to 110.. so pay close attention when adding 110 and 115 scrolls.. its easy to fix.. just click off the gump and go back into it and the value will be what it should be.. but if ya hit train while that extra points is added ya basicly tossed 50 points out the window..

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Leveled a Cu for my Archer Tamer yesterday and he, too, couldn't eat the Parry scroll before he maxed out on Wrestling.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
HI turbo... sadly most of the changes , fixes, and nerfs are not listed anywhere.( They tend to ninja change things). its up to testers like us to find them by leveling and remaking the same pet combos each day when we noticed a small change in pets we have already made to find the route of the change.( luckly test cent helps with this..but some changes take longer to test as we have to skill the pets to max on test.)... after that most of us post our finding here.. but only having done the same test a good number of times to make sure the math holds firm...

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Happy memorial day all =^-^= .. Not sure if they will be releasing any adjustments to the pets system on Tuesday... but we will still be running test in the morning to see if anything changes.. please post if ya noticed anything different about your already made pets and we will test the numbers for ya.. =^-^=

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was at the M&G on Sonoma and they talked about quite a bit of things.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anything you can remember and want to share? :D Thanks!
I believe they should be posting the transcripts soon. But sounded at least like they are still looking into things... like the jumping up slots thing.

Though they seem to have their minds solidly made up about the Phoenix and changes to it... which I'm kinda afraid they will nerf it too into uselessness.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
I believe they should be posting the transcripts soon. But sounded at least like they are still looking into things... like the jumping up slots thing.

Though they seem to have their minds solidly made up about the Phoenix and changes to it... which I'm kinda afraid they will nerf it too into uselessness.
If all they do is reduce its run speed I won't mind. But I'm hoping they don't ruin it because my phoenix is fully scrolled/trained save for 20 pts for a parry 120... That will make it 9x Legendary. If they change it even more than just run speed after I've put that much gold and time into it I will seriously be pissed. Hopefully they didn't focus on just on "balancing" pets and actually fixed some things - like mage mastery.

Been playing this game off and on since 1997 and the changes have always seem to hit taming the worst. :( In my opinion, taken with a grain of salt, a large majority of PvPers are the worst part of my UO experience. In my experience, and since recently returning and seeing global chat, they can be extremely volatile. I enjoy some PvP but I don't need some middle aged dude flipping his top over a game. Especially one he's probably playing at 800x600...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If all they do is reduce its run speed I won't mind. But I'm hoping they don't ruin it because my phoenix is fully scrolled/trained save for 20 pts for a parry 120... That will make it 9x Legendary. If they change it even more than just run speed after I've put that much gold and time into it I will seriously be pissed. Hopefully they didn't focus on just on "balancing" pets and actually fixed some things - like mage mastery.

Been playing this game off and on since 1997 and the changes have always seem to hit taming the worst. :( In my opinion, taken with a grain of salt, a large majority of PvPers are the worst part of my UO experience. In my experience, and since recently returning and seeing global chat, they can be extremely volatile. I enjoy some PvP but I don't need some middle aged dude flipping his top over a game. Especially one he's probably playing at 800x600...
Well it's my opinion that PvP and PvM should have separate rule sets... and PvP shouldn't destroy PvM... My 2 main playstyles are Taming and Archery. Both of which are nerfed to oblivion anytime anyone dies in PvP to one of them they turn into crybabies.

Honestly I agreed with someone elses statement about how most PvPers and those "wishing" for the wayback to 1999 are really just wanting lambs for the slaughter and not REAL PvP in the first place... they are the FIRST ones to cry that tamers just "all kill" and archers just stealth up and slam folk and neither of them use any "skill"... which is BS. They want people to venture to Fel defenseless ... if they were any actually good players who could fight back they wouldn't want them there.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Well it's my opinion that PvP and PvM should have separate rule sets... and PvP shouldn't destroy PvM... My 2 main playstyles are Taming and Archery. Both of which are nerfed to oblivion anytime anyone dies in PvP to one of them they turn into crybabies.

Honestly I agreed with someone elses statement about how most PvPers and those "wishing" for the wayback to 1999 are really just wanting lambs for the slaughter and not REAL PvP in the first place... they are the FIRST ones to cry that tamers just "all kill" and archers just stealth up and slam folk and neither of them use any "skill"... which is BS. They want people to venture to Fel defenseless ... if they were any actually good players who could fight back they wouldn't want them there.
I feel that the PvP in UO is very standardized and generic. Any change that threatens that standardization is too much strain on the established norm - so "balance" is enforced. In other words, return PvP to the expected norm. There is no creativity when it comes to UO PvP imo. From my knowledge good PvPers use the same or similar character builds, similar gear, and similar expendable items (petals, thorns, potions, bolas, etc). There is no deviation or attempts at trying other templates because they're considered inferior, and as soon as one does show up and compete, some cry foul. I always felt UO's skill system lent more to individuality, but it seems in PvP cookie cutter templates are prime.

My view, which doesn't follow the PvP norm, the devs should stop trying to make UO PvP into what amounts to a very generic MOBA and just let people adapt their play styles to changes - for better or worse. Some tweaking and balancing should be done but only when completely game breaking issues arise.

Derailing the thread a bit. I'm hoping to see the transcripts of what was said soon! Hoping my expensive phoenix (which I dont even use for PvP) isn't completely worthless. I did read somewhere that the phoenix was getting new art? Would be sad to work on new art for an amazing creature, only to make no one want to use/see it. lol

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not new art, they're changing the model to the phoenixes found at the Turtle champ spawn.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not new art, they're changing the model to the phoenixes found at the Turtle champ spawn.
Which was what I was hoping for when they said we could tame Phoeonix's in the first place.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Greetings all.. Ive been testing a change I noticed yesterday.. they did a little nerf to RS skill on pets at 120 they were immune to para ( lasted less then .5 sec) and most stuns... Now from players the para last about 1-1.5 sec and from boss monsters it last 1.5-3 sec.. and this is at 120 RS skill.. =>-<=

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure how I feel about that... they're going to look like pink turkeys? o_O lol
Rainbow turkeys!!!!! They are super pretty I like them.

I don't like a crimson red eagle posing as a phoenix... if it were "blaze" colored I'd believe it was a phoenix... maybe. but crimson????

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all... I've been testing the slot jumping bugs on a number of pets.. and wish to share a post I made on 2 slot mares here so those who follow this thread will know that changes will soon be made to counter the slot jumping bug... but these are the paths Ive found to counter it in the mean time..and to test and see if it will slot jump at the very start... bare in mind that this is only for the 2 slot mare testing and my test with other lower slot pet has varied... hope this helps my friends...
(I found with 2 slot mares some of them the game will round up as soon as you start the new system and it will hit 3 slot right away ..with these the extra training is lost.... normally the ones that stay 2 slot you have tip toe around the order ya do things.. while you are adding PS's and regs in the first point your lore will tell ya that its gone up to three slots.... but once its done you still get 2 more rounds of training or 3k points... Just becareful in round 3 to 4 if you 120 skill get to close to that cap during that round it can jump a slot.... and you will lose the 4-5 slot training.. but .. once you get the 3 to 4 slot 1500 points done.. this is the safe zone... its very rare to slot jump at this point.. bare in mind this was with mares testing.... and you can increase their dex and stam in the other phases..but wait until the 4 to 5 slot round to increase str and HP as these have been the biggest cause of slot jumping in my testing.... bare in mind this is only in my test of 2 slot mares.... and the math has varied alittle with pets like Naj and Phenix... I was going to wait to even post this... but since a fix is coming.. maybe this will save some pets and resources... once again.. when it tams as 2 slot start the system right away and bring up the 0-100% bar.. if it doesn't jump to 3 slot by the game rounding up(stays 2 slot) this one is a keeper..)

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just as a small P.S. on my 2 slot mare post if your intent is to make a nero mage mare or pure nerco .. with a 2 slot add thoses skills first and it will eat the first lvl of training allowing you 2 more stages or 3k points.. its rare for these to slot jump but still watch out adding str and HP in stage 3 to 4 as it has been known to slot jump in one of my test subjects..Its always best to add these in the last 1500 points invested if you are fearful of slot jumping.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just as a small P.S. on my 2 slot mare post if your intent is to make a nero mage mare or pure nerco .. with a 2 slot add thoses skills first and it will eat the first lvl of training allowing you 2 more stages or 3k points.. its rare for these to slot jump but still watch out adding str and HP in stage 3-4 as it has been known to slot jump in one of my test subjects..Its always best to add these in the last 1500 points invested if you are fearful of slot jumping.
:mf_prop: I don't have to worry about slot jumping.

This is a fully trained pet.

upload_2017-5-30_21-37-8.png

Skilling is EVIL :devil:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The Coon Bug.. Once again this hit one of my guild mates again and I would like to warn everyone again... basicly when coon turn a rare color pet to a rat it doesn;t regain its rare color but goes back to the color of a normal pet of its color... They did a hot fix to address this where the rat your pets turns into is the color of your pet ..then when It turns back into your pet the saved color jumps from the rat form to the pet again...but it can still skip this stage.. and if it does and the color is not saved on the rat your pet will be bleached..... So if you have a rare color hiryu,mare,Cu.. either don't take it to coon( the rat champ boss) or know that you are risking its color doing so until they fix their fix...

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if everyone read the notes today but the coon bug is fix ...pets will no longer be bleached... as coon no longer turns pets to rats..... they also capped pet speed for super high dex pets.. some were going close to 300% ground speed... which was abit op for PvP .. they are now capped at 190% which is 10% faster then a paragon normally moves...so still pretty fast.. the swing speed of pets like naj took abit of a hit from this but not to bad... 8%ish off their swing speed... which is one less swing every 1.5 sec... which is hardly noticible ..except for pets that were already at 120 wrest then ya will notice it...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Where are you reading these notes? The login note is dated May 24.

Sent from mTalk

Edit: Nm, found uo.com, never noticed notes posted there.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning all.. I noticed they did some changes to the early AI of Chiv on certain pets... I've been testing it on a high mana return pet.. and I must say the damage on a 5 slot lesser hiryu is pretty impressive... its not even 110 in its skills yet and barely 60 in chiv and its white swings are in the 80-90 with con weapon rolling. and I'm seeing armor ignores in the 173 range( On Navrey and greater dragons) ... since they change the AI of chiv there is a lot of over lap on the grasp move and con weapon.. the double buffed damage is super bursty... I will let ya know more on this as its chiv gets higher..I have a feeling the white damage will be in the 120-140 range once it starts using ene of one... and the armor ignores well over 200...

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was planning on choosing Bushido on my lesser, but you're having better damage output with Chivalry?

Sent from mTalk

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems they have done another reworking of Int ... I'm still testing it.. but so far It adds a very small amount of passive mana reg now as well.. tested it on Cu's and other low passive mana reg monster... Thus far its still not worth the investment over str .. or other stats.. it seems as if 500 int = about 1-1.5 mana reg ... still way to low to make a real impact.
When it comes to passive mana regen and other "hidden" skills/stats, is there any documentation/threads to look at? For example, what I get from this board in general is that Hiryus seem to be preferred for their passive mana regen and they work well to have bushido etc. In that case, though, does that mean Hiryus can get by without adding 30 mana regen or whatever?

I have only spec'd two Cu Sidhes so far. With 30 mana regen I notice they hover around 15-25 mana usually, and I feel like the mana regen bonus was worth it. I am curious, however, if the passive mana regen is random? If so, could you farm Cu Sidhes until you got one with a "good" hidden passive? Or is it a set stat per tame type?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon,G.V.P. right now when the system came out it broken pets into 2 types the super passive mana reg family, and the low passive family.. so far in a testing of 20 super mana pets tamed at GM med and focus without mana reg added..their mana reg is about 3-5x( depending on the pet, beetle,hiryu,etc) greater then the low passive reg monster.. some of the super ones are hiryus,lesser hiryu, gaint beetles , fire beetles, frost mites.while some of the lower ones are mares,cu, greater dragons, drakes..... Before the mana reg nerfs to them they could easily stand without mana reg as their mana bars filler so fast ya never saw It drop.... Its still really good and steady damage.. I would still give them max mana reg if ya go armor ignore or goo spec as it can still be taxing and cause some down time.. From what Ive seen the mana reg rate is fixed for each family and doesn't vary..20 hiryu's with t he same build with no mana reg seemed regen at the same rate ... while 20 cus of the same build reg at about the same rate too....

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi, Dizzy.. The bush hiryu seems to be ahead in all around damage reduction and can still hit lighten strikes for over 288... I'm still testing the changes to chiv on the hiryu's.... so the jury is still out on if its better all around.. but just at first glance I would say bush hiryus stll bring more to the table in aoe, and long term battles.. I have to get one to 120 chivi before I can get some solid math on its damage output , mana spending, and all around A.I. of the new chiv changes... I will post my findings shortly..=^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was planning on choosing Bushido on my lesser, but you're having better damage output with Chivalry?

Sent from mTalk
Not all pets can get true Bushido. A lesser is one that can. If you want to try both you should train another lesser and put chivalry on it.

A bushido lesser has many advantages in damage output.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not all pets can get true Bushido. A lesser is one that can. If you want to try both you should train another lesser and put chivalry on it.

A bushido lesser has many advantages in damage output.
Sorry, what does " true bushido" mean?

Sent from mTalk

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chiv's major problem is that there is no (or very little) intelligence involved in the spell rotation. Until it stops casting EOO in the middle of a spawn, it is a dangerous magic ability to use.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, what does " true bushido" mean?

Sent from mTalk
Some pet types have it as a choice in the magical abilities screen. Add Bushido in the magical attribute screen and it gets all the spells. But if you add by putting a special on that requires it, you only get that special. Bushido will not get the spells and defense increase. Like my Cu with Bushido will not cast lightning strike or evade.

Tokuno pets can get real Bushido.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im not 100% positive... but i think part if the reason a hiryu saves on mana is because it is attempting its dismount special move, which fails because whatever it is attacking is already dismounted, and then its attempt does not use mana.

I've seen periods where my hiryus burst down 200-300 mana quick, like any other pet, and other times where it just sits really high. Only good test to prove that theory would be to give another pet the same specs and see how its mana performs.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning all.. just a fast progress report.. I have a chiv hiryu at all 120 skills and 112.2 Chiv.. I've been mapiing the damage gains from GM, 105, and 110..and will keep doing so until 120 which I hope to reach in the next few days,... once I have all the final math .. I will be posting my findings,... I've really enjoyed this test pet and look forward to sharing it all with you..

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi.. I have noticed since they did the changes to chiv and dex on pets that the bush pets have been using lightening strike less... before at 120 bush they would do a lighten strike buff by grasp almost as much as Ai going off... seems the rate was nearly cut in half with the changes last week...This has hurt the single target damage of the goo spec hiryu's.. but they still do very good all around.. and the double single target hiryu's are still really high in single target, but the latest change causes pauses in them from time to time which causes a aoe spam on single target even at 120 now. but yes the higher the pet skill is the more is uses moves closer to its skill lvl.... The thing with the whirl wind attack is its part of the bush A.I. but its also outside of it as it uses the special move toggle .. so when there is a pause in the bush moves the system picks from that list.. so on goo Hiryu it will pic goo or whirl... on a single target AI or whirl...

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I finally Got the Chiv Lesser Hiryu to 120 and worked out the basic math... I will be discussing the spec and the why for certain point investments as we go ..First I would like to say single target wise this is one of the most power specs I've worked with... The draw back is the Glass cannon effect Cause by Enemy of one... But ive found some ways to counter it..and have discovered that the healing rate as it reaches 120 act makes up for a lot of the burst it takes from that EOO recoil.( sometimes greater dragons lvl will hit for 60-70).. ok let start with the basicly skills all of them are 120 ... Ive found a great way to train chivi Is by using the casters in New Haven.. they use nerco spells and will cause your pets to cleanse them off and proc chiv spells... easy way to get to 110 in a few hours... next the stat balance I used.. if you pick a high HP, str lesser Hiryu you can make its HP 850.. mine was not the best so its 800..agood amount of hp to buy ya time early on for the glass cannon training...and is decent for all around fun... 150stam and 150 dex of course for the extra melee swing every 1.5 sec... 700 str for max damage to specials and melee swings( white damage)...and now the next part 800-850 mana pool.I know this sounds abit odd... but chiv is very taxing on the mana pool early on.. and at end game its not that bad but ya still want it to have a few 100 extra mana for when its fighting monsters that curse and debuff..because it will remove those..and the cleansing cost a lot of mana... 800 was the magic number for me to keep it in constant combat with this spec... also 120 med and focus were a must .. I tried it with just one or the other , but it still was too taxing on even this super mana reg monster...So I ran test on monsters that curse, use nerco moves, and other nasty things it can remove.. and after 10 mins of combat it was still firing Armor ignores off like a boss.... ok now let get into Regens.. like most end game pets it has 20 Hp reg, and 30 mana reg( as chiv is taxing on the mana pool) But unlike most I had to factor in the stam lose from the glass cannon effect, so I did many test in fel spawns and other spawn heavy area's and have found 9 is the magic number.. you want a chiv hiryu at +9 stam reg.. because not counting its passive stam regen , focus at 120 gives 12-14 stam reg giving it 21-23 stam reg..This keeps it swinging full force even when being ganked and taking heavy damage.. for resist I went for the standard all around spec of 80 80 45 80 80..seems to allow for a counter to most monster encounters...now that we have the build out lined ..let go into the results... =^-^=

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
First thing everyone should know is the Chiv Lesser Hiryu uses a debuff,and two buffs on its self to increase damage.. 1 of there will be up at least 95% of the time.. 2 of them about 70ush% and all 3 I have clocked at about 30-40%(if the monster doesn't use stuns) So I will be giving you read outs of the damages in factors.... You chiv lvl plays a huge part on the over all damage ,as enemy of ones damage % increase the closer you are too 120 as does a few other moves... I've clocked it as a 5-8% from GM to 105. and is about the same with every 5.0 ya go up from that point... with that in mind I will only be givng you the end math, even though I have the others drawn up... AOE is not the chiv hiryus strong point ,as even at 120 chiv its holy light will hit low- med monsters for 21-23) high end monster for (14-20) and boss monsters for (8-15).... The extra aoe is nice in spawns and heavy area..just watch out for the recoil of EOO... Healing. at 120 chiv I have clocked a hiryu to heal for 50-70 per heal... fixing a lot of the burst it takes because it heal it up right away.... making it a lot more tanky then in its early stages... Melee attacks.. 5% of the time no buffs or debuffs will be rolling and you will see hits for 20-40 ... the rest of the time with grasp up its 45-60 , with con weapon rolling 70-88, with enemy of one up melee hits for 90-120 ..with all of them up your normal melee swings can hit for 140-180, this stage comes in burst of about 20-25 sec at 120 chiv.. ok now the money maker... which makes it one of the most bursty pets I have tested.. armor ignore... 5% of the time no buffs will go off these are 99-115 range , grasp buff 125-150, con weapon buff 186-220, Enemy of one buff 240-283, all at once 285-310... They might not have a lot in aoe..but put one of these on a EM boss and watch it crumble.... Just as other bonus they bring, they remove almost all debuffs, cure poison, and heal.... Thank you for waitng for my findings all.. its always an honor to test these things =^-^=

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh yes.. I used a Lesser hiryu....Hiryu's do ok.. but the lesser ones give you enough points to make the spec truly shine.. I will edit my post abit so people know I used a lesser in my test.. =^-^=

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning all.. just a fast progress report.. I have a chiv hiryu at all 120 skills and 112.2 Chiv.. I've been mapiing the damage gains from GM, 105, and 110..and will keep doing so until 120 which I hope to reach in the next few days,... once I have all the final math .. I will be posting my findings,... I've really enjoyed this test pet and look forward to sharing it all with you..
Thanks so much for all of this testing! This chiv lesser hiryu you just reported on - it had armor ignore, yes? Not goo? Am I understanding the general conclusion correctly that goo is best for spawns and armor ignore is best for single target/boss? I've been working all of my cu's but suddenly you've made me want to dig through my stables for some lesser hiryus!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been noticing over the last 7-10 days that some critter despite have large mana pools are dropping spec moves and casting at a snails pace. Did a few named Wyverns at the Fairy dragon spawn with a beetle and other critters the beetle just stands out the most. 500 mana and he never dropped below 420 the entire fight, not because he was regenerating that fast but because he simply was not using it. Wondering if you have been seeing this in your testing? ALso HPR seems to have been tinkered with and is much faster on on some pets and much slower on other pets. Is it like the mana where there are different classes of pets with faster natural HPR and other with slower? Seems like a few weeks ago everythings HPR ticked at the same rate now not so much.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning , Kitiara and Tyrath, I'm glad you enjoyed the findings on the Chiv Hiryu... For this spec Armor Ignore was indeed used.. its what gives it the super bursty combos... for the hiryu you are right for most specs, Armor ignore is for single target and goo for spawn clearing,.. there are a few pets that can do both .. like the Goo/armor Ignore fire beetles.. and the Goo bush Hiryu's(can't use AI too but uses LS like it) that at 120 bush have a decent single target because of grasp buffed lighten strike(The new changes nerfed the rate this happens to them sadly). Tyrath, good to hear from ya mate. =D ... You are right ..when they changed the skills and dex swing rate n higher end monster a week or so back.. it made it where on certain mosters it can cause pauses with combos they use... I found one thing that jumps starts them out of those lows is tossing a Bless on them( only if your tamer has gm or better eval) .. while there are other pets that where effected by all mobs they fight now like the bush hiryu... I have been running some test on passive stam reg , and HP regen... as well.. I noticed it on a naj I had been testing that had no regs ( so I could get basic math on its passive reg rates.. when its stam would run low it would pop up much much fast then say a beetle or hiryus..) I'm still looking into the math of it... but I believe you are correct that just like mana reg rate varies in certain family I believe there are families that have stronger passive stam and Hp reg as well... but I will have to keep testing as I don't have much math to support it yet.. Glad to see you are still testing things too mate.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning , Kitiara and Tyrath, I'm glad you enjoyed the findings on the Chiv Hiryu... For this spec Armor Ignore was indeed used.. its what gives it the super bursty combos... for the hiryu you are right for most specs, Armor ignore is for single target and goo for spawn clearing,.. there are a few pets that can do both .. like the Goo/armor Ignore fire beetles.. and the Goo bush Hiryu's(can't use AI too but uses LS like it) that at 120 bush have a decent single target because of grasp buffed lighten strike(The new changes nerfed the rate this happens to them sadly). Tyrath, good to hear from ya mate. =D ... You are right ..when they changed the skills and dex swing rate n higher end monster a week or so back.. it made it where on certain mosters it can cause pauses with combos they use... I found one thing that jumps starts them out of those lows is tossing a Bless on them( only if your tamer has gm or better eval) .. while there are other pets that where effected by all mobs they fight now like the bush hiryu... I have been running some test on passive stam reg , and HP regen... as well.. I noticed it on a naj I had been testing that had no regs ( so I could get basic math on its passive reg rates.. when its stam would run low it would pop up much much fast then say a beetle or hiryus..) I'm still looking into the math of it... but I believe you are correct that just like mana reg rate varies in certain family I believe there are families that have stronger passive stam and Hp reg as well... but I will have to keep testing as I don't have much math to support it yet.. Glad to see you are still testing things too mate.. =^-^=
LOL You do a much better job getting into the nuts and bolts of it, my testing is just comparative observation.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What I am currently testing is pet slot changes. I'm curious about manipulating slot count after I successfully made lions drop a slot after training on 4 different tames

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Reverted a slot. 2 I did went 2-3 then back to 2 when hit begin training again. The other 2 went 3-4 and then back to 3

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So Donavon, after all this testing, and assuming fully scrolled, which skills would you pick for your primary lesser hiryu?

Goo/Bush?
AI/Chiv?

Sent from mTalk