• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took me over 30 MiBs to get the first staff and then only 4 more to get the second, some of us just have very bad luck I guess, I don't understand how people with no fishing skill are getting this.
lol I have 1 mib, and no means of getting more. :(

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
lol I have 1 mib, and no means of getting more. :(
Salvage hooks from Hepler in Trinsic should give you a few of them.
And maybe the Krakens at Underworld, near the green goblins can also drop mibs.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Salvage hooks from Hepler in Trinsic should give you a few of them.
And maybe the Krakens at Underworld, near the green goblins can also drop mibs.
I'll probably just skip the quest. My only character is really underdeveloped, so I'd have to get a ton of help from others, which I'd rather not. I still need a bunch of those cool candles for deco anyway.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Uvtha Yeah I was pretty fortunate that I had a big pile of SoS's that I needed to work through, I did intend to start on them a few weeks ago but luckily I decided to finish my lvl 4 t-maps first. I really feel for anyone that's having to grind sea monsters to get the SOS's to then grind those for the staff. Why does everything need to be a grind nowadays?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand how people with no fishing skill are getting this.
So far, it seems to be "The Zealotry of Zipactriotl" Quest chain, as there's a subquest in the chain that gives you an SoS and for the "key item", you need to fish it up but they don't require any fishing skill.

That's what allows you to fish up any & all SoS/Mib without fishing skill.
The only character I attempted to do the current event arc with had that quest in the quest log. So I assume more than likely that's what is causing it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Uvtha Yeah I was pretty fortunate that I had a big pile of SoS's that I needed to work through, I did intend to start on them a few weeks ago but luckily I decided to finish my lvl 4 t-maps first. I really feel for anyone that's having to grind sea monsters to get the SOS's to then grind those for the staff. Why does everything need to be a grind nowadays?
Stretches a thin amount of content over a long period I guess. I just wish they had been less specific skill dependant.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two nice peeps gave me SOS s they organized. They made a nice straight zig zag line. Some were 10 seconds apart.

2 1/2 more hours. No Staff. :(

Are they selling them on Atl yet?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And quicksilver is selling too, I see
I am honestly shocked two griefers are not there on Paly Archers controlling the area and one shot killing the elementals. Would only take 2 of them the monopolize the area and make it a pita for everyone to get.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kind of, all the Mibs I was fishing up were in my davies locker already before this arc started, I only did 2 new Mib/SoS from the arc 2 maps with no luck at the staff.

Apparently there is a bug though, a guildie of mine is having issues with fishing it up, he was at the correct coords for the Mib, he had me recall to his boat and let me try it, it took 3 attempts to pull it up, so he was definitely in the right spot... not sure what causes that, he's also on the same part of the quest as I am, we've been doing the arc together for the most part.

Edit: My guildie gave me a 2nd SoS he had tried to fish up earlier, I was able to pull it up for him and we got the staff LOL would have been his first SoS he tried! (lucky **%^&#$)

So, if you reach the correct coords, and you have the "Kalen's Lament" quest and are unable to catch any items from your SoS/Mib your character may be bugged, it would be easier to determine whether or not your bugged if you attempt it without any fishing skill, so that you have as close to a 0% chance to catch anything. We are waiting on a GM to see if it's something they can fix, we are also unsure as to what caused it to happen.
I am having the same issues as your guildmate, nothing but fails with 0 skill, no sos items, very boring still trying to fish up first mib! No GM help either.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally putting that in the wiki. :D
It's nice to be able to see what the spell casting looks like! Pretty awesome artwork. All I saw, as the caster, was a white flash and then the message. Glad to have a guildmate who likes to grab screenshots of important stuff!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am having the same issues as your guildmate, nothing but fails with 0 skill, no sos items, very boring still trying to fish up first mib! No GM help either.
Yea, my guildy paged a GM last night, today he had an email saying that Basically the GM couldn't do anything about it.

We came to the conclusion it was because of "The Zealotry of Zipactriotl" Quest I had in my quest log. I haven't 100% confirmed this, but we're 99% sure that's what it is that allows you to fish up the MiB's without any fishing skill.

So if you wouldn't mind, just go through Eodon and get on the quest chain to check and see if that's what it was... I'm Mib'd out atm lol... If not I'll try it again in the near future sometime =p

*You do still get the message "You fish for a while, but fail to catch anything", except you also catch random shipwreck items If you're within the radius your Mib(s), and will eventually pull up the chest.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe the Davie's Locker soses have to be quester too? If so, I am out of luck, this char has no house on the shard!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case you don't notice it, when you finish the quest with Mythran, your Ethereal Travel scroll is no longer considered a quest item. You can't drop it into the Pagan spellbook (I hoped we could), but you can insure it. I think it still works because I can still get the gump, but I didn't finish casting it when I checked because I needed to get more blackrock to do so.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, my guildy paged a GM last night, today he had an email saying that Basically the GM couldn't do anything about it.

We came to the conclusion it was because of "The Zealotry of Zipactriotl" Quest I had in my quest log. I haven't 100% confirmed this, but we're 99% sure that's what it is that allows you to fish up the MiB's without any fishing skill.

So if you wouldn't mind, just go through Eodon and get on the quest chain to check and see if that's what it was... I'm Mib'd out atm lol... If not I'll try it again in the near future sometime =p

*You do still get the message "You fish for a while, but fail to catch anything", except you also catch random shipwreck items If you're within the radius your Mib(s), and will eventually pull up the chest.
Cannot solo the push to get the Zippy quest. GM Chernobyl says need 65 fishing skill to do the quest.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wrote this guide for my alliance forum for those of us who can't be bothered with all the reading and lore.

Ok

Part 3

Gets complicated so will try to do the abridged version for you

1. Go to Herald buy a newspaper and dble click on him to get a quest (I use the Herald at vesper bank). He wants you to go talk to 3 dudes at the Marsh Hall in vesper.
2. Go to Marsh Hall, Vesper, talk to the three dudes (baroness, merchant, and guard) and scroll through their quest chat, once you talk to all three, sherry the mouse appears in the corner, she gives you a spell scroll to go speak to Mythran. Lock spell scroll down in your house and get a bit of blackrock in your backpack to cast it. Dble click the scroll when you are ready to go it will transport you to Mythran.
3. Click on Mythran to get quest. He tells you to go to the Lycaeum in Moonglow to find out what happened to Heigal the Scholar.
4. Go to Lycaeum, talk to Heigal. NOTE: must talk to him twice. So dble click him and then do it again. He gives you a parchment to take back to Mythran. (use your locked down scroll/piece of blackrock to go back).
5. Mythran gives you another quest to get 4 artifacts and a Pagan Spellbook ( you need the three spells from part 2 to put in it). Now you can read all the books in the bookcase there if you want to but only if you want the long version (lore) they basically tell you how to find the following (note: you can do in any order):

5a: Breath of Air - Go to Minoc Mines and kill the quicksilver elementals outside to get Quicksilver. You need a minimum of 20 bits. Then get a gm tinker/mage to make a focus of theurgy. (Even with talisman the success rate is only 32% although both times Coco has made one it went on first make so not sure if that is the case all the time or if it chews through quicksilver if you fail). Once you have the focus thing, you need to go to the blocked cave at Minoc Mines, stand outside and cast the 'intervention' spell [say the spell words to cast: In Sanct An Jux] from your pagan spellbook with the focus in your pack). It teleports you inside the cave with the trapped miners and gives you the 'breath of air'. Leave via the gate/sparkle thing.

5b: Heart of Earth - Before you go grab a small pouch (buy from provisioner) get a bit of blackmoor and an executioner cap mushroom (see part 2), and your pagan spellbook. (put all items including spellbook in the pouch). Grab a boat and go to skara brae, sail to Iver's Rounding (west). Kill undead stuff on the island until you get a "key of the caretaker" drop in your pack (staff graphic). Double click this item and target the pouch containining your blackmoor, mushroom and spellbook. You will get a drop of 'Heart of the Earth'.

5c: Tear of Seas - Need fisherman (some ppl say you can do without but not sure). Go to Fishermans wharf in Vesper and get quest from Kalen the Necromancer. Then go fish up MIBS until you get the staff he needs. As you lift a chest you will get the success gump pop up if the chest has one in it. If not it will be just the normal loot. (I got the staff on the 8th mib I fished up, others have done upwards of 30 so not sure what the average is, could just be rng luck or not). Take the staff back to Kalen, toggle as quest item, and he gives you 'Tear of Seas'.

5d: Tongue of Flames - First get a pentagram (carpenter can make) lock down in your house. Then position 4 red candles, 1 black candle, 1 demon bone, 1 sulfurous ash, 1 pumice and 2 obsidian as shown below.
upload_2017-9-3_12-16-37.png

Then stand on it and cast the Summon Perihelion spell from your book. [say: Kal Flam Corp Xen to cast] it will give you an orange demon statue that appears on the pentagram, pick it up.

upload_2017-9-3_12-17-13.png

Take this statue to the pentagram on top of demon temple on fire island and double click it to get the Perihelion to spawn. Kill it and you get a 'tongue of flames'.

upload_2017-9-3_12-17-33.png

I killed it with no problem with crispy my fire beetle and had the RC there, but the beetle would of managed it solo. Word of death works as well. Takes about 10 min to kill.

6. Now you have all 4 bits, use your scroll/blackrock to return to Mythran. Toggle the bits as quest item and he gives you this reward:

upload_2017-9-3_12-17-47.png

7. Once you get your bits in the box, assemble them as shown (the box becomes the base).

upload_2017-9-3_12-18-18.png

8. When clicking the green tip you get a Pagan Titan Slayer property added to your weapon or spellbook. This one was put together by Peppercorn and she got the slayer property but it gave it to Eshelle as well. So appears anyone can use. Or maybe just friends/coowners of house, not sure. If someone else wants to come and click it who is friended to Ice Cove feel free, it is in the alliance room, 2nd floor.

upload_2017-9-3_12-18-58.png

I have a feeling the slayer property may only last 24 hrs, will update tomorrow when I know.

Cheers.

If anyone needs help yell me in game.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
ARGHHH I'm in the middle of writing a walkthrough!!!!!

LOL :/

~walks away dejectedly~

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would add one thing to MissEcho's excellent post:

Perihelion is 100% fire resistant. So, while a good Fire beetle can kill it with AI and Rune Corruption, it's probably one of the worst pets to take there. Ideally you want something that does cold damage (Frost Mite). If you don't have something that does cold damage, take anything else that does not do fire damage.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8. When clicking the green tip you get a Pagan Titan Slayer property added to your weapon or spellbook. This one was put together by Peppercorn and she got the slayer property but it gave it to Eshelle as well. So appears anyone can use. Or maybe just friends/coowners of house, not sure. If someone else wants to come and click it who is friended to Ice Cove feel free, it is in the alliance room, 2nd floor.
Anyone can use it, even if they haven't done/finished the quest - I've used it on my sampire, thrower, and parry mage (I did it last night with my parry mage just for fun.) Also, not that it matters, but you don't need the base to use the gem - you only need the 4 parts. It doesn't look as cool without it though!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would add one thing to MissEcho's excellent post:

Perihelion is 100% fire resistant. So, while a good Fire beetle can kill it with AI and Rune Corruption, it's probably one of the worst pets to take there. Ideally you want something that does cold damage (Frost Mite). If you don't have something that does cold damage, take anything else that does not do fire damage.
hehe crispy made prety quick work of it so is kinda funny. Only used him as i was on him at the time. He also had goo and ai so took out any stray demons at the same time.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ARGHHH I'm in the middle of writing a walkthrough!!!!!

LOL :/

~walks away dejectedly~
Awww sorry, had to do for my alliance so figured would just copy and paste over here. Keep doing yours tho. I just like simple simple as I can't stand reading bogs and bogs of lore and storylines, afraid immersion and stuff is just not my bag, don't have time to muck around with that lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am honestly shocked two griefers are not there on Paly Archers controlling the area and one shot killing the elementals. Would only take 2 of them the monopolize the area and make it a pita for everyone to get.
Would only take one. There's a guy on LS that is a dexxer or whatever and he can kill them so fast that there is not one left for anyone else.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a silly question - how do you assemble the pieces of the pyramid without having them fall inside the box when you try to place them?

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
so i have the stone cache base, with the 4 items inside it.. i lock the base down and try to put the other pieces on top however, they go inside the base every time.. whats the trick to assembly?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have a silly question - how do you assemble the pieces of the pyramid without having them fall inside the box when you try to place them?
Place the pieces first, raise them with an interior design tool, then drop the base underneath.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
so i have the stone cache base, with the 4 items inside it.. i lock the base down and try to put the other pieces on top however, they go inside the base every time.. whats the trick to assembly?
Place the pieces first, raise them with an interior design tool, then drop the base underneath.
2 birds... 1 stone..

nice...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Awww sorry, had to do for my alliance so figured would just copy and paste over here. Keep doing yours tho. I just like simple simple as I can't stand reading bogs and bogs of lore and storylines, afraid immersion and stuff is just not my bag, don't have time to muck around with that lol.
heh, nice work. For the wiki, I'm more focusing on comprehensive coverage... which means lore gets tossed in too. :p

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had 64 SOSs to do.....around 50 of them were quite old. I got a Staff on #32 and #64. If I have to keep doing 32 MIBs before I get a Staff........ FYI: Both Staffs came from SOSs that were several years old.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had 64 SOSs to do.....around 50 of them were quite old. I got a Staff on #32 and #64. If I have to keep doing 32 MIBs before I get a Staff........ FYI: Both Staffs came from SOSs that were several years old.
On LS? Wanna sell the spare?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would only take one. There's a guy on LS that is a dexxer or whatever and he can kill them so fast that there is not one left for anyone else.
Hey, I'm not doing it to grief though, I'm doing it because it's the most efficient way so far!

I don't think they increased the spawn rate on LS... if they did the spawn rate on TC1 must have been really f***ing slow, cause I think it's on the slow side now.
Even when I'm there solo it takes like ~10 seconds of running around before the next one spawns, but there's a good ~15-20 of them or so to start with...

They should have spawned in groups all the way around the mountain ! so that there's spawn for everyone, especially since this isn't permanent content.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey, I'm not doing it to grief though, I'm doing it because it's the most efficient way so far!

I don't think they increased the spawn rate on LS... if they did the spawn rate on TC1 must have been really f***ing slow, cause I think it's on the slow side now.
Even when I'm there solo it takes like ~10 seconds of running around before the next one spawns, but there's a good ~15-20 of them or so to start with...

They should have spawned in groups all the way around the mountain ! so that there's spawn for everyone, especially since this isn't permanent content.

We complained on GL and Kyronix kicked it up to ludicrous rate... so watch what you wish for. It's a bit much now but I can still handle it... though some can't. Best to take friends.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got a staff.
I even got a polka dot bikini before I got it.
It reminded me of how much I hate doing MIBs.
You got a Gold Fishing Pole, some sort of gold pickaxe and a Yellow Polkadot Bikini and you're complaining about drop rate? hmmmmm

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You got a Gold Fishing Pole, some sort of gold pickaxe and a Yellow Polkadot Bikini and you're complaining about drop rate? hmmmmm
You have no idea how many headless miners gave their lives for that gold pickaxe! :p It was a bloodbath.
And I must have tossed around 5K salvage hooks around Hepler came around and never got it. Then I lucked out now, somehow.
The polka dot bikini is the third one I got so far.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have no idea how many headless miners gave their lives for that gold pickaxe! :p It was a bloodbath.
And I must have tossed around 5K salvage hooks around Hepler came around and never got it. Then I lucked out now, somehow.
The polka dot bikini is the third one I got so far.
I got a Yellow Polka Dot Bikini once... had to log for the day and then when I got home from work next day logged in to bring my treasures home (left them in the hold of my ship parked near the Serpents Pillar)...... NO SHIP... it vanished... Poofed! And I had JUST put it in the water the day before to go fishing... I tried to locate it through the Harbor Master at Jhelom... he couldn't find my boat... I paged a GM he couldn't find my boat... So... no bikini for me.

Trip2017

Adventurer
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Update:
Each player (not in party) with looting rights from Perihelion gets a fire quest item (we collected 30+ yesterday).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Man...now I wish my guild was around more...I'd love to have one of the little deamon statues as a momento :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man...now I wish my guild was around more...I'd love to have one of the little deamon statues as a momento :(
Can't you just do the part with saying the spell words on the pentagram again, if you have enough ingredients?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can't you just do the part with saying the spell words on the pentagram again, if you have enough ingredients?
Yeah but I only have 2 more obsidian..just enough and I kinda wanted to keep one....guess I'll have to flop skills around again and do more maps to get more....but yes I took the quest on my fisher so I could get the staff so I will be able to do it again...just doing that now actually lol :)

Just didn't wanna waste my obsidian if I didn't have to..oh well.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just noticed something rather odd: my other non-quested chars can also use the assembled obelisk tip and obtain the slayer status.

That's odd, yes? I thought it applies only to those who completed the quest. Or, does the "Warrior of Ether" status actually mean anything? (we probably dont know it yet)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I just noticed something rather odd: my other non-quested chars can also use the assembled obelisk tip and obtain the slayer status.

That's odd, yes? I thought it applies only to those who completed the quest. Or, does the "Warrior of Ether" status actually mean anything? (we probably dont know it yet)
Nah, not odd.. is by design so that others who do not have time to complete the quest will still be able to fight the invading forces. Have heard rumors about it only being able to be used 20 times a day but have not confirmed that at all.

*edit*

Maybe one of these folks who has 20-150 accounts can confirm it or deny it for us.. Whadda ya say @AtlanticRealtor ? lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, don't know yet. Was hoping it would show up in "Titles Menu" but no such luck yet. Maybe once the total arc is over..

Untitled.jpg