• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was only able to use it once tried a second same day with new weapon nothing not sure how others could use it 20 times

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was only able to use it once tried a second same day with new weapon nothing not sure how others could use it 20 times
He means 20 uses total (unconfirmed). Anyone can click it. Each toon is 1 use per day.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noticed that my Pagan Title Slayer went off my weapon/book at server up but I can't use it again until about the same time I used it yesterday. Also does anyone know if the Obelisks will remain after the event. I like it for deco/storage...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
He means 20 uses total (unconfirmed). Anyone can click it. Each toon is 1 use per day.
Yepp ^^ this..

Noticed that my Pagan Title Slayer went off my weapon/book at server up but I can't use it again until about the same time I used it yesterday. Also does anyone know if the Obelisks will remain after the event. I like it for deco/storage...
and this ^^

there is a 24 hour timer on each time a character can use it. But the timer does seem to be a little "hinky" for lack of a better word. I have used the Obelisk at around 7pm and was able to use it at 11am the next morning.. and at other times I have used it at 7pm and had to wait until 7pm the next day.. so may need to plan around that once the invasion happens.

The property does seem to go away at every server up though.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yepp ^^ this..

and this ^^

there is a 24 hour timer on each time a character can use it. But the timer does seem to be a little "hinky" for lack of a better word. I have used the Obelisk at around 7pm and was able to use it at 11am the next morning.. and at other times I have used it at 7pm and had to wait until 7pm the next day.. so may need to plan around that once the invasion happens.

The property does seem to go away at every server up though.
Yeah, it's not actually 24 hours from when you use it. The clock resets at midnight each day. A while back, I got a 24-hour ban (language used in gen chat) that happened around 7. I was able to log back in 5 hours later. Subscriptions work the same way. It doesn't matter if you reactivate at 5 PM - once the clock hits midnight, your sub lapses if you didn't renew it.

Willowwolf

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok fast question.. is the scroll still broken? the travel one? I only just finished quest.. (took forever to fish up a staff) got the tears.. but still cannot use scroll.. paged a gm like two days ago .. no answer yet.. I would love to have this behind me .. any thoughts?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
ok fast question.. is the scroll still broken? the travel one? I only just finished quest.. (took forever to fish up a staff) got the tears.. but still cannot use scroll.. paged a gm like two days ago .. no answer yet.. I would love to have this behind me .. any thoughts?
Have you gotten all of the needed items (4) to complete that part of the quest?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
yes I have all 4 parts
and highlighted as quest items
Ok.. a few suggestions then..

Try logging out in your house and logging back in.
Try taking all the blackrock out of your pack then log out and back in while in your house as well.

Those steps have helped others be able to Journey back. If none of those work I would page a GM again. They have been showing up really quick for most people who are bugged that way. I guess on occasion some folks fall though the cracks though.

Also, you may want to consider not toggling the items as quest item as well. When I Journeyed to wrap the quest up I toggled them once I arrived. Not sure if that has any impact on it at all just offering it for info...

Willowwolf

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you gotten all of the needed items (4) to complete that part of the quest?
Ok.. a few suggestions then..

Try logging out in your house and logging back in.
Try taking all the blackrock out of your pack then log out and back in while in your house as well.

Those steps have helped others be able to Journey back. If none of those work I would page a GM again. They have been showing up really quick for most people who are bugged that way. I guess on occasion some folks fall though the cracks though.

Also, you may want to consider not toggling the items as quest item as well. When I Journeyed to wrap the quest up I toggled them once I arrived. Not sure if that has any impact on it at all just offering it for info...
Thank you so very much . I will try this now . *smiles*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
A few folks asking in gen chat about how to set up the Obelisk... just in case you don't want to dig through the entire thread looking for the post...

I started with the Obelisk Tip, locked it down and raised it as far as it would go with a deco tool.

Then I locked the locked the heart of Earth under it and raised it until the Tip was inside the "V" (hmm sounds a lil dirty.. my bad :p )

Then I locked Tears of Sea and raised it until it looked right..

Then I locked the Breath of Air and raised it until.. yeah ya guess it lol it looked right..

Then I locked the Tongue of Flames and raised it as well...

Then I placed and locked the Stone Cache under it all.

Did not have to raise or lower anything once all were set so there does seem to be room for error.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it true that the obelisk can only be used 20 times per day to apply the Pagan Titan Slayer property? Or am I just misunderstanding what I read?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does become a permanent piece then that can be picked and moved?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A few folks asking in gen chat about how to set up the Obelisk... just in case you don't want to dig through the entire thread looking for the post...

I started with the Obelisk Tip, locked it down and raised it as far as it would go with a deco tool.

Then I locked the locked the heart of Earth under it and raised it until the Tip was inside the "V" (hmm sounds a lil dirty.. my bad :p )

Then I locked Tears of Sea and raised it until it looked right..

Then I locked the Breath of Air and raised it until.. yeah ya guess it lol it looked right..

Then I locked the Tongue of Flames and raised it as well...

Then I placed and locked the Stone Cache under it all.

Did not have to raise or lower anything once all were set so there does seem to be room for error.
Glad you pointed this out, because it's totally illogical that you build something starting by hanging the top piece in air and then going downward.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Glad you pointed this out, because it's totally illogical that you build something starting by hanging the top piece in air and then going downward.
lol I hear ya...

I would imagine there is a way to build it from the bottom up but I am not skilled like some of those who deco their houses all the time. I can't even stack chests for anything, they just keep falling into the chest on the bottom... but I know folks who can stack them four high in a second...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mikeltin5 nice video. If your ethereal travel scroll stops working, just lock it down in your house and "retrieve" it and that should fix the issue.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmm that's odd, a friend lost hers and I tried to trade her a spare one, it just wouldn't trade...couldn't put it into a container either.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theres an easier way to build the obelisk. I put heart of earth down first, raised it 3 button clicks, then tears, tongue and breath, same thing three button clicks. Then I placed stone cache underneath. then walked around the top of obelisk and dropped gem on top without having to move it all. It looks perfectly setup that way.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm that's odd, a friend lost hers and I tried to trade her a spare one, it just wouldn't trade...couldn't put it into a container either.
You can do it by putting 124 items in your pack, drag scroll on mouse, then press macro to drop wep in your hand to your bag. Then when you let go of the scroll itll fall to the floor. But is shouldn't have to be this way.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also possibly send it to bank with the chest. I have a chest from Koole I cant take out of pack or drop or make a quest item. I sent it to the bank.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You can do it by putting 124 items in your pack, drag scroll on mouse, then press macro to drop wep in your hand to your bag. Then when you let go of the scroll itll fall to the floor. But is shouldn't have to be this way.
Wait! What??? Okay that seems a bit extreme! I just tried to put it down....:eek:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I learned that trick long ago, when accidentally picking up those assassination scrolls in travesty. LOL

P.S. If you farm things like blackthorn dungeon, itll bank your drops til you empty your pack out. So if you did it in fel and someone killed you they wouldn't be able to take your items. ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant and others have tried to drop or trade their broken ones. They couldn't.

Also tried insuring it. Still wont. Its forever in my backpack.
Finish the quest by giving Mythran the four things he wants.

Edited to add: You might also try canceling the quest to make the scrol disappear. However, I'm pretty sure that you can't start it again by clicking on newspaper #3.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I finished my quest and it's still marked as a Quest Item and I can't take it out of my bag.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finished my quest and it's still marked as a Quest Item and I can't take it out of my bag.
As is mine. Would paging a GM (lol) help? Only other thing I can think of, other than the backpack full of items.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you start the quest as of yesterday the scroll doesn't seem to be a quest item anymore, in which case you can freely drop or trade the scroll.

The one I have on the first character I completed the chain with, is still in my pack & is also still labeled "Quest Item".

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an update on the possible limit on obelisk uses: We've had 41 different characters use one today with no problems. However, I have noticed now that characters I had use it earlier today have gotten this message when I logged them in a little bit ago "The slayer ability of your weapon has worn off." Not sure how long the property stayed on. Anyone else timed it yet?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They say it resets with server.
Yeah, but this was on Sonoma and it shouldn't have had a mid-day server reset. I ran them through this morning around 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and by about 4:30 p.m. when I logged some back in, they had lost the slayer property off their spell books. So, at best the property lasted maybe 8 hours within the same server cycle.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finish the quest by giving Mythran the four things he wants.

Edited to add: You might also try canceling the quest to make the scrol disappear. However, I'm pretty sure that you can't start it again by clicking on newspaper #3.
I did finish the quest. I can insure it. But not drop it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you start the quest as of yesterday the scroll doesn't seem to be a quest item anymore, in which case you can freely drop or trade the scroll.

The one I have on the first character I completed the chain with, is still in my pack & is also still labeled "Quest Item".
Confirmed. New scrolls are not queat items and can be dropped.

Some poor guy on LS did 300 nets to get MIBs. He did them all. He didnt have quest from Necromancer yet.....

Thats kinda bad you have to get a separate quest for one piece.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zeke, the one in your example looks like mine did after finishing the quest and handing in everything to Mythran. After you do that, the scroll is no longer a quest item and you can insure it or remove it from your pack.
Nope, this is my fisherman and he didn't turn in the quests. He still has both in his log (the one to get all 4 items and the one to get the Staff)...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, just got a scroll from Sherry a few minutes ago on another character and it is not marked as a quest item and it can be insured.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
HAHAHAHHA!

so my scroll once again got messed up and ive been waiting all day.
so read this thread.
went home and dropped my scroll on the floor and locked it down.
dd click it, it works and its not even in my pack.
now all my guys can use it!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just starting the necro part of the quest and ...........

scroll.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have a question though, I have been killing the undead on the island for a hour and half now and still no key of the caretaker.......... Just went to skara and where this pic is and then to the island and no joy on the key. Am I missing something or do I just let Sparfucil keep roaming the island killing everything?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That key drops pretty frequently. I have never had to kill over 10 undeads to get it. It is a pack drop. Same graphic as the Pixie Swatter but is a light color.. maybe check your pack closer..

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a question though, I have been killing the undead on the island for a hour and half now and still no key of the caretaker.......... Just went to skara and where this pic is and then to the island and no joy on the key. Am I missing something or do I just let Sparfucil keep roaming the island killing everything?
Did you do the moonglow part first