• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just put everything in the pack into the keg and nope no key of the caretaker. Is there supposed to be a message or something at the rift ?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you do the moonglow part first
Yeah talked the guy that died, went back to other guy read the books went to skara, went to rift, hopped on boat went to island killed stuff for a hour and went back to rift, and now back at island :) And a whole buffet of dead things lined up for Sparfucil to kill and start eating.

key.png

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry.. message is over your head. Says *You recover something unusual from the corpse*

Just went there and snagged one in between posts so... still dropping frequently. Have you actually set foot on the island yet? Or just the pet? I did get one on the boat on TC but had stepped on the island. Maybe that is the problem.

If you are on Atlantic and want this one I am at wbb lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a question though, I have been killing the undead on the island for a hour and half now and still no key of the caretaker.......... Just went to skara and where this pic is and then to the island and no joy on the key. Am I missing something or do I just let Sparfucil keep roaming the island killing everything?
Lichs have them according to the Lore Books. You need the quest. And they pop in your backpack. I killed a ton of stuff and and look on all the bodies with no luck. Soon I wasnt able to move because I was full of Keys.

Also someone can give you one.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry.. message is over your head. Says *You recover something unusual from the corpse*

Just went there and snagged one in between posts so... still dropping frequently. Have you actually set foot on the island yet? Or just the pet? I did get one on the boat on TC but had stepped on the island. Maybe that is the problem.

If you are on Atlantic and want this one I am at wbb lol.
You can kill them from a close boat to get the Key and you can get the part from a boat. Also If you give the spellbook and key to someone that doesnt have the quest, they will get the part aslo.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have found killing the Skeletal Dragons almost guarantees a drop of that scepter. The Rotters come in a close second then Lich Lords... but IMO Liches MUST DIE!!!!! First and foremost... everytime.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry.. message is over your head.
Laughed all the way through the power outage we had at about the same time you posted this ...... It is as far as I got when the storm here knocked the power out. Finally stopped laughing long enough to get the fuel line valve to generator turned and my power plant rumbling. Then started laughing again while switching all the power over to generator instead of grid power. Not the best place to have hands shaking with laughter with 600V live in the box :) Probably not that funny but it hit just right LOL.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can kill them from a close boat to get the Key and you can get the part from a boat. Also If you give the spellbook and key to someone that doesnt have the quest, they will get the part aslo.
Does the hiryu doing the killing make any difference in the drop? Or being hidden and stealthing around while he is taking care of business?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found killing the Skeletal Dragons almost guarantees a drop of that scepter. The Rotters come in a close second then Lich Lords... but IMO Liches MUST DIE!!!!! First and foremost... everytime.
Yessss we hates the Liches nasty evil noob in training killing pancakers!!!

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have a question though, I have been killing the undead on the island for a hour and half now and still no key of the caretaker.......... Just went to skara and where this pic is and then to the island and no joy on the key. Am I missing something or do I just let Sparfucil keep roaming the island killing everything?
I managed to get 4 keys and at least 3 of those came from killing skeletal dragons/drakes. I don't know if that was just coincidence or not. Just FYI.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does the hiryu doing the killing make any difference in the drop? Or being hidden and stealthing around while he is taking care of business?
If you dont have the key after killing a Lich, something is wrong. Of course I was hiding the first time I did it.

I have so many keys now, there's no reason to kill any more of them. When I get more blackmore Ill just make the item next to the coast.

But treasure maps are not spwning for me. I killed 45k gold worth of Balrons and not one map....

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My first time getting it I sent my weak GD in and got 2 so you should be getting them

I took my old school pally in the next time took awhile and I got on there one. It took longer for me to cast the spell than to get it both times

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kill lichens for maps

I get 20 maps in less than two hours with very low luck

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
in hythloth for the tmaps, kill the gazers and gargoyles. They drop maps pretty often.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yessss we hates the Liches nasty evil noob in training killing pancakers!!!
I needed my City buff so i went over and killed this many and got a key.

Actually I got 2 keys. Didnt notice the first 1.

upload_2017-9-4_22-55-36.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you dont have the key after killing a Lich, something is wrong. Of course I was hiding the first time I did it.

I have so many keys now, there's no reason to kill any more of them. When I get more blackmore Ill just make the item next to the coast.

But treasure maps are not spwning for me. I killed 45k gold worth of Balrons and not one map....
I just went to the daemons in the room with all of the beds before the maze floor in Hythloth got 40+ clever maps in 2 hours.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just went to the daemons in the room with all of the beds before the maze floor in Hythloth got 40+ clever maps in 2 hours.
I want the devious ones so the person digging them up for me has a chance for a better map.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I needed my City buff so i went over and killed this many and got a key.

Actually I got 2 keys. Didnt notice the first 1.

View attachment 71722
I have killed around a dozen skeletal dragons and drakes, countless liche lords, a whole lot of rotters and pile after pile of the little stuff. Either I am doing something wrong or the RNG REALLY HATES ME TONIGHT.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah the little guys don't seem to carry the keys..they are not even ready to be apprentice necromancers ;)

Liches, skele dragons/drakes..gotta kill the biguns to get the key :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anybody been using the "stone cache" as a container when its locked down in your houses?
Is it a safe container?
Thinking of using it to store other quest items i have far to many of.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Tyrath do you have the quest that asks for the four items? Do you have the pagan spellbook with the scrolls in it? Are you doing it in tram, unless your on siege?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anybody been using the "stone cache" as a container when its locked down in your houses?
Is it a safe container?
It starts as a container. You can set permissions on it. Works fine.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have killed around a dozen skeletal dragons and drakes, countless liche lords, a whole lot of rotters and pile after pile of the little stuff. Either I am doing something wrong or the RNG REALLY HATES ME TONIGHT.
Curious Is your Character on the Island, when pet is killing stuff?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is it a safe container?
Seems ok to me,i like the that you can walk through it(non blocking).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Don't need to be on the island
GettingKeyOfCaretaker.png

And don't need necro

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Try attacking one yourself and not just your pet..can you cast ANYTHING at them? Don't take the easy way and let your pet do all that work ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok first Skeleton off the boat I get one.........the RNG was just showing me its usual love I guess.

joy.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try attacking one yourself and not just your pet..can you cast ANYTHING at them? Don't take the easy way and let your pet do all that work ;)
I died pretty fast attacking myself with mind blast ;)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my first time took me a good solid half an hour, 2nd time took me 1 kill.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
question was asked how long your weapon or spellbook retains the "Titan Slayer" property.
i put it on my archer this afternoon and at 3 hours it was still on, at 9 hours it wasnt.
that was still 6 hours away from server down when i last checked.
so it got put on 15 hours away from server down and was off a solid 6 hours before server down.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive given up..enjoyed part 1 and 2 although the drop rate is stupid low.. and really enjoyed the miners and the undertaker steps of the 3rd quest..... but the sea bit starting form vesper...its impossible without a fisher and an endless supply of mibs...will make part 4 pointless to most who cant complete part 3......but ksara ....the devs could have made the fishing part zero skill but they chose to beleive everyone in the game as a fisher..which they certainly dont...

Why does it always come down to a certain point were folkss can make big big bucks form thee little story arcs..... on vendors for +100m a bloody pop!!.... can the devs simply make story arc were everyone can do it at the own leasure

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive given up..enjoyed part 1 and 2 although the drop rate is stupid low.. and really enjoyed the miners and the undertaker steps of the 3rd quest..... but the sea bit starting form vesper...its impossible without a fisher and an endless supply of mibs...will make part 4 pointless to most who cant complete part 3......but ksara ....the devs could have made the fishing part zero skill but they chose to beleive everyone in the game as a fisher..which they certainly dont...

Why does it always come down to a certain point were folkss can make big big bucks form thee little story arcs..... on vendors for +100m a bloody pop!!.... can the devs simply make story arc were everyone can do it at the own leasure
I read in another thread where someone confirmed if you have the quest named "The Zealotry of Zipactriotl", you can fish up the Staff with zero skill.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I got 3 of those keys off the island while sitting on my boat with my RC running rampant...took barely 5 minutes! The RNG is completely out of whack!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 3 of those keys off the island while sitting on my boat with my RC running rampant...took barely 5 minutes! The RNG is completely out of whack!
Last week I got seven of them within about 15 minutes walking around on the island killing things with a pet.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Which shard are you doing this on?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah the fishing part is proving to be painful even with 93 fishing. Tweaking it 0 fishing and the drop within 5 MIBs would be real nice. Was really hoping I would be on of the lucky ones that got it fast.......19 MIBs in and a couple hours before sun up I decided I was not going to be LOL. Maybe like the Caretaker key my first one after a break will be the winner.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
key of the caretaker:
you don't have to accept any quests (i am still doing parts 1 & 2 of the arc). you just need to go to the island and kill the undead.

as it turned out, one of my obelisk treasure maps is on this island. i recalled to the island to dig it up and imagine my surprise when i was targeted by a slew of undead. i was able to run to a safe spot & invis while my dragon went on a killing spree. four keys popped into my backpack in less than 15 minutes.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can do it by putting 124 items in your pack, drag scroll on mouse, then press macro to drop wep in your hand to your bag. Then when you let go of the scroll itll fall to the floor. But is shouldn't have to be this way.
Not sure this still works?
I've done it in the past successfully, but not working for me this time.
Instead of disarming my weapon when I press the disarm macro it drops the item I have dragged on my mouse back in to my pack. :(

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the fishing part is proving to be painful even with 93 fishing. Tweaking it 0 fishing and the drop within 5 MIBs would be real nice. Was really hoping I would be on of the lucky ones that got it fast.......19 MIBs in and a couple hours before sun up I decided I was not going to be LOL. Maybe like the Caretaker key my first one after a break will be the winner.
I got mine on my 87th mib with 120 fishing. :mad: :rant2:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got mine on my 87th mib with 120 fishing. :mad: :rant2:
And then you talk to people that got it on their 3rd and 4th one LOL It is getting very frustrating at this point. went through the 30 or so I had stashed and now and playing the spend a hour fishing 5 up from serps or longer it seems killing krakens doing them fishing 5 more up and repeat. At the this rate I am going to GM fishing on that character and the event will be over before I get one...... But I keep telling myself the next MIB will be the one. Trying to do this on one character with stoned skills, but am just about tempted to get one of my 120 fishers on another acct involved and to the fishing point in the quest......... Or was until I read your post hehe

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Off Topic slightly...

Since the quest is winding down and I feel I'm giving no spoilers away, can anyone think of any item not in this pic that can be kept from part III? I know I still need the staff from Mibs, just haven't gone after it again yet. I cannot seem to find a way to keep sherry or heigel's notes, I can only send them to my bank from my pack.

III.PNG