• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are pleased to announce that Part III of the Shattered Obelisk is in the process of being activated. This part is now active on Origin & Europa, and as we monitor the event it will become active on additional shards. Siege will be active following its next scheduled maintenance. This post will be updated as more shards become active. See the Shattered Obelisk page for more details, EM support events and the latest fiction!

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
:)

GO ORIGIN! LOL

Yep already doin it....glad I have a miner! ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
*goes back to pestering Humphrey the City Herald for a new paper*

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OK, so Lythos, Pyros and Hydros are attacking us, while a magic user conveniently named Kalen is sitting near the flooded Vesper. Stratos is yet to be seen...
That is just too convenient for my taste. Do not let her imprison Hydros!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
OK, so Lythos, Pyros and Hydros are attacking us, while a magic user conveniently named Kalen is sitting near the flooded Vesper. Stratos is yet to be seen...
That is just too convenient for my taste. Do not let her imprison Hydros!
:popcorn:

*checks for new paper yet again*
:wall:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes. And be sure to get the quest from the City Herald.

SHhh don't tell let them figure it out! ;)

But yes....don't just buy a paper..LOOK at the city herald..that's what I've beeen telling everyone on Origin..don't wanna give too many hints :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I completely disagree
LOL well come to Origin..I have been helping ppl there since it started :)

BUT I won't post anything here...yet......it's all very simple and easy to figure out if you follow the quest and read..everything! :)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would someone be so kind to make a screenshot of the new newspaper, plz *just curious* DF is not yet activ, but I like it to be prepared ;)

Btw....
I flew over Vesper and saw this : The Shattered Obelisk Arc_Flooding of Vesper_S.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Kinda hard to read I had to resize it cus I didn't feel like opening up photoshop :/

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone on Origin got a small piece of Blackrock? Can't advance the quest chain.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am going to go mining here in a bit, I ran out lol

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone on Origin got a small piece of Blackrock? Can't advance the quest chain.
If no one does, try some of the malas mines. Small pieces of blackrock do not decay and are left behind quite often by scripters.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix I'm having a problem with my miner's Ethereal Travel scroll. She hasn't been to see Mythran yet. I logged her off to make someone an LRC suit and mark some runes and then used another character to go see Mythran (since I wasn't sure what to expect there) and spent a while screen shotting the books. Now I'm back to my miner and when I click on her Ethereal Travel scroll, I get the message, "You are not allowed to access this." At first I thought it was because I was trying to travel from Felucca, but went to Trammel and it's still giving me that message. I still have "A Squeaky Request" quest in her quest log and she still has the note from Sherry to Mythran. Just can't use the travel scroll, even though she has blackrock in her backpack.

cant use ethereal voyage scroll.JPG

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's only available on Origin and Europa atm. They are watching this part on those shards for possible issues and then rolling out to other shards.
4 hours of watching? *sighs*

It's almost as if they thought this wasn't properly tested... :eek:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well so far so good for me....getting the..items I need from minoc is WOW.....slow going but drop rate is good....already have the first piece.....so far this part is fun! I like the running around talking to people thing...the ethereal travel spell is NEAT!

So far I give it TWO THUMBS UP!

the issue with the travel spell not working is odd, happened to me and I just recalled home and then back to a bank and it worked but it did happen.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
*begins pummeling Humphrey the City Herald @ WBB on Atlantic with a stick onna noggin* while hollering, "Give me the damn new paper already ya idiot" in hopes of expediting the process....

:twak:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Kyronix I'm having a problem with my miner's Ethereal Travel scroll. She hasn't been to see Mythran yet. I logged her off to make someone an LRC suit and mark some runes and then used another character to go see Mythran (since I wasn't sure what to expect there) and spent a while screen shotting the books. Now I'm back to my miner and when I click on her Ethereal Travel scroll, I get the message, "You are not allowed to access this." At first I thought it was because I was trying to travel from Felucca, but went to Trammel and it's still giving me that message. I still have "A Squeaky Request" quest in her quest log and she still has the note from Sherry to Mythran. Just can't use the travel scroll, even though she has blackrock in her backpack.

View attachment 71366
I had the same problem, I dropped the blackrock on the floor and then opened the scroll, then I picked the blackrock back up and cast the spell. Second time even that didn't work, but I recalled home and then tried it and it worked, a bit buggy I think.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*begins pummeling Humphrey the City Herald @ WBB on Atlantic with a stick onna noggin* while hollering, "Give me the damn new paper already ya idiot" in hopes of expediting the process....

:twak:
Hah! I wonder if he'll take a bribe of 94 useless trinkets I found while lugging tons of goods between cities.. ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much blackrock is needed? I have a few pieces but will mine more if i have to.
From what others told me, you will need at least three small pieces of blackrock per character doing the quest. (I haven't finished it yet, so I can't say for sure.)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Must it be new blackrock or can you also use elder pieces

So the TV program was very boring this evening so I went on screenshotting the changes in the landscape: we already know that there's a rift in Skara for weeks. But this evening I found also this on Iver's Rounding, the small island above:
The Shattered Obelisk Arc_RIft of Skara Brae_S.jpg

The burning farmland above britain is a bit large - so i will have a look tommorow. Be tired now. All others : take care and be safe!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can finally get rid of the blackrock pieces that wont stack.

Theres no fishing in part 3?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Must it be new blackrock or can you also use elder pieces

So the TV program was very boring this evening so I went on screenshotting the changes in the landscape: we already know that there's a rift in Skara for weeks. But this evening I found also this on Iver's Rounding, the small island above:
View attachment 71369

The burning farmland above britain is a bit large - so i will have a look tommorow. Be tired now. All others : take care and be safe!
You may want to see if Part 3 is active there.. because Atl still does not have the black tower on that island ...

nor the critters that spawn on the island [/Spoiler[

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kylie Kinslayer
:(..... don't know what I should find more frustated now.... not to know which is possibly EM-left or not or this *flowing 'bove a cookoo nest*-event we have at the moment ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
not to know which is possibly EM-left or not or this *flowing 'bove a cookoo nest*-event we have at the moment ;)
Nah, it's not a left over EM thing.. that was on Test Center during the pre-pub test they had there so pretty sure it is arc related.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sighs*

Update as of 4:45pm ET: Part III is now active on Atlantic. If the monitoring period goes well, we will activate all shards at 8pm ET. Thank you for your patience while we roll out the next phase of the arc.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running well from our perspective, fun, but its got hard?

Not quite sure what to do.

Won't say too much, as don't want to give spoilers yet, we've made progress, but are a bit stuck on a couple of things.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Translated: It will be turned on when Larisa decides to turn it on.
I have decided to turn it on at around 7 Eastern time...that should give me plenty of time to finish it all before you and win UO :)

LOL sucks that they are waiting so long...people have come to origin and are almost done :)

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have decided to turn it on at around 7 Eastern time...that should give me plenty of time to finish it all before you and win UO :)

LOL sucks that they are waiting so long...people have come to origin and are almost done :)

Any chance I can ask for help? :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you're on Origin, I am Maharia and I will help as much as I can!

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm running around trying to figure out where to start the 3rd part but I cant find any npc to talk to.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you are on an active shard...talk to a city herald

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm looking for both the npc's in the paper but cant find them.
TALK to the city herald...look at him.....

(Hint, he's a quest giver)