• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spoiler for pentagram placement?

Where do I cast the peace spell? On the island?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had 3 returning players somehow tonight on LS. How do I supposed to explain what we are talking about in chat to them? There's nothing in game that describes all this.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
idk I'm gonna try to do just kalens quest on my fisher and see if that works..and yes Pawain on the island anywhere. :/

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I lost 9 with my first fail..then I spent the time to find my loss prevention tinker tali and got it first try :/
a: not everyone has such a thing nor has access...
b: Fail rate is unbelieveable... and uses up a LOT of your resources when you fail... getting them fighting the 3 or 4 other people there trying to get them the spawn is quickly dead... and they drop 1:5 or 1:7... on the mobs... mobs don't respawn NEAR fast enough for an entire shard to be doing this...
c: the item you make should you actually succeed is then used up in ONE use! Unlike a lot of the rest of the crap leading you back to b:... and the abysmal spawn rate to spend hour or so killing more stuff to fail again and restart the process of gathering again.... competing with the 30 other folk who failed... NOT FUN...

You can pat them on the back all day long but it won't change the fact that this is supposed to be fun... and how in the frell the expect everyone to be able to do this is beyond me...

Some folk don't have crafters... crafters aren't going to be hunting these things all day and certainly can't compete with the 1 shot killing machines like myself... seriously feel bad for them.

Honestly NOT very well thought out.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a: not everyone has such a thing nor has access...
b: Fail rate is unbelieveable... and uses up a LOT of your resources when you fail... getting them fighting the 3 or 4 other people there trying to get them the spawn is quickly dead... and they drop 1:5 or 1:7... on the mobs... mobs don't respawn NEAR fast enough for an entire shard to be doing this...
c: the item you make should you actually succeed is then used up in ONE use! Unlike a lot of the rest of the crap leading you back to b:... and the abysmal spawn rate to spend hour or so killing more stuff to fail again and restart the process of gathering again.... competing with the 30 other folk who failed... NOT FUN...

You can pat them on the back all day long but it won't change the fact that this is supposed to be fun... and how in the frell the expect everyone to be able to do this is beyond me...

Some folk don't have crafters... crafters aren't going to be hunting these things all day and certainly can't compete with the 1 shot killing machines like myself... seriously feel bad for them.

Honestly NOT very well thought out.
Ya they are fighting in Chat over the quicksilver. They should have done it at a couple more mines also.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ya they are fighting in Chat over the quicksilver. They should have done it at a couple more mines also.

IF the respawn rate weren't so LOW this might work ok... but since most folk don't like standing about waiting... it's not good... and the competition is going to be horrible ..... can't imagine how terrible this will be for Atl... we're talking about GLs... and we had 3 doing it at once standing about waiting, waiting, waiting,....

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
in game? The town cryers do...tell you to buy a paper....I"ve gone through this whole thing 99% with no help...I did need help with a few things but overall not really.

And omg why do you people whine so much....go get quicksilver, you don't have to get all them them RIGHT NOW we have a WHOLE FREAKING MONTH to do this people!!! for realz!

drop rate is fine....take your time...don't rush...don't need everything the first day just be casual!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Sonoma, have the scroll and note to take to the void but the scroll isn't doing anything. :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Sonoma, have the scroll and note to take to the void but the scroll isn't doing anything. :(
Do you have a small blackrock in your pack? Also, when you get to Mythran's, be sure you have a way to get back from there (magery, chivalry).

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have one small piece in my pack.. do I need more?

This is also a pre event piece, do I need to mine up a more recent piece to use?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it was the uninvited guest, since it was me and 2 guildmates there before THREE MORE PEOPLE showed up. I wouldn't have minded seeing it at Fel Minoc mines though ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one small piece in my pack.. do I need more?

This is also a pre event piece, do I need to mine up a more recent piece to use?
I used old pieces I had from who knows how long ago. You'll need one piece for each visit you make and from what I've heard, that'll probably be at least 3 visits.

Double click on the Ethereal Travel scroll and you'll get a gump like the one below. Click the blue bubble to cast the spell and off you'll go.

Ethereal Travel Gump.JPG

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Spoiler for pentagram placement?
Have not figured it totally out yet but think I may be headed in the right direction...

Tried a few different combinations following what is listed and got frustrated.. so took to Google.. I ran across this..

2) Summon Daemon
- ash at Mesostel Ze, pumice at Mesostel Pa, obsidian at
Perivolcan Pa/Ze, daemon bone at the Aphelion, red candles at
Perivolcan Pa/Ze, Mesostel Pa, Aphelion
- Kal Flam Corp Xen

on this site : Loading site please wait...http://www.dlh.net/de/cheats/5077/ultima-8--pagan-.html

been trying the black candle in a few locations and no success yet.. *shrugs* gotta be the right path tho.... right?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So you can't do Kalen's quest on a fisher unless you've done the entire chain first....

So I guess I will be training fishing on my tamer for the next month!

And in the meantime try to get those last 3 elusive items from the ambushers.

AND fish up some MIBS in my spare time....

SO MUCH WORK! ;)

Love the lore that's been put into this..the reading at Mythran's place is VERY educational and interesting....very well thought out...love the quest chain, love that Sherry is a part of it!

And nice legwork Kylie! Looks like you're on to something!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used old pieces I had from who knows how long ago. You'll need one piece for each visit you make and from what I've heard, that'll probably be at least 3 visits.

Double click on the Ethereal Travel scroll and you'll get a gump like the one below. Click the blue bubble to cast the spell and off you'll go.

View attachment 71380
This is what I am getting:

hrm.PNG

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Looks like another person with the problem of not being able to access the scroll, this time on Sonoma (I think Poo had the same problem there too).
@Kyronix , can we please get this looked at? My char is at a stand still until this is resolved.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix , can we please get this looked at? My char is at a stand still until this is resolved.
S_S, until we hear from Kyronix, don't cancel the quest because I found out earlier on Origin you CANNOT take the quest again (unless Kyronix manually fixes it for you).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
For the folks that can't get the Ethereal Journey to work.. I had that happen once.. but then realized I had not completed what I needed to complete to go back to the area. Could that be the case for y'all?

I thought I was done talking to the npc in the Lycaeum, and tried to Journey back... but I actually needed to double click on him.. once I did that I was able to Journey back again. Now that I am stuck on figuring out the Deamon/Pentagram part I tried to go back and read the books in the drawer there and I get that same message about "You are not allowed to access this".... but I figure one I succeed I will be able to roll on back like I have at every point that travel is allowed..

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the folks that can't get the Ethereal Journey to work.. I had that happen once.. but then realized I had not completed what I needed to complete to go back to the area. Could that be the case for y'all?

I thought I was done talking to the npc in the Lycaeum, and tried to Journey back... but I actually needed to double click on him.. once I did that I was able to Journey back again. Now that I am stuck on figuring out the Deamon/Pentagram part I tried to go back and read the books in the drawer there and I get that same message about "You are not allowed to access this".... but I figure one I succeed I will be able to roll on back like I have at every point that travel is allowed..
I haven't done much yet.

Herald quest, Vesper NPC, Vesper Tavern to talk to NPCs, got my note and travel scroll and that's all I can do.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After some digging, it seems that if you log out in a house that a character does not own with possession of the scroll, you can experience access issues. To avoid this issue, only log out in taverns, inns, or houses that the specific holder of the scroll has ownership of. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks to those who helped get to the bottom of the issue. Those who are having issues with existing scrolls should contact a GM. Enjoy!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note: If you buy newspapers and they don't show up in your pack, make sure to patch your client. Thought I was all patched up because I got newspapers earlier today on Origin, but when I bought them on Sonoma without running the patcher first, they didn't show up in the backpack. They appeared after closing the client and starting it again via the patcher.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Managed to get the Breath of Air and Heart of Earth, and I have questions on the other 2 items. I'm guessing the Tear of Seas is the SOSs from the part 2 tmaps - does this require fishing? For the Tongue of Flames, where do you find a pentagram? I'm drawing a complete blank on that one (LS.)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Perihelion focus doesn't seem to do anything...or even have a title.

Has anyone gotten one to work?

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You use a crafted one in a house.
Have not figured it totally out yet but think I may be headed in the right direction...

Tried a few different combinations following what is listed and got frustrated.. so took to Google.. I ran across this..

2) Summon Daemon
- ash at Mesostel Ze, pumice at Mesostel Pa, obsidian at
Perivolcan Pa/Ze, daemon bone at the Aphelion, red candles at
Perivolcan Pa/Ze, Mesostel Pa, Aphelion
- Kal Flam Corp Xen

on this site : Loading site please wait...

been trying the black candle in a few locations and no success yet.. *shrugs* gotta be the right path tho.... right?
Thanks for the help! All I have left is the Sea stuff. Which I hope doesn't require fishing.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got the demon statue thing called focus, how do you get tongue of flames from it?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you get the Tongue of Flame?
I got a Demon statue named Focus as well. It was already marked as a quest item, so I'm not entirely sure if you have to summon it again. If that is the case, we'll have to wait 24 hours to find out, since we figured it out about 15 minutes ago.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Quicksilver Elemental spawn rate is ridiculous. Need more locations for these. I am not going to pay another player for quicksilver.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got a Demon statue named Focus as well. It was already marked as a quest item, so I'm not entirely sure if you have to summon it again. If that is the case, we'll have to wait 24 hours to find out, since we figured it out about 15 minutes ago.
You have to use the focus to summon a daemon which you have to fight to get the Tongue. The focus tells you nothing when you click it, and it doesn't do anything in the flaming fields. The books make vague reference to "a location brimming with the fiery powers of creation from deep within the planet's core," but the focus still doesn't do anything in: Fire Dungeon, Mt. Sho, around the volcano on Fire Isle, or in the Abyss...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did 7 sos they where old ones do I have to use the news ones from the t-hunting chest ?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im thinking it has to be in the center of the pentagram and cast it again when the 24hr timer is it. The spell says it needs a "focus" point and it appears in the center when you cast it the first time. Just a thought

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im thinking it has to be in the center of the pentagram and cast it again when the 24hr timer is it. The spell says it needs a "focus" point and it appears in the center when you cast it the first time. Just a thought
I'm pretty sure the 24hour timer is to create the focus, in case you whiff killing the demon when you summon it. Or not. Who knows. :confused:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well the spawn is insane when all alone at the minic mines lol
He turned it way UP !

Thanks for the help

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well.. that fight was.. uhm.. bracing...

I would encourage you to bring friends.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
For anyone needing help/etc, I'm slowly getting 20th Anniversary Event - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums updated with this week's content; I'm up to the 4 quests (heart, breath, tongue, tear). All the texts are available there as well.

CAUTION, this is, of course, incredibly spoiler-laden. :p
dude that page is messed up

when you get down past the 2nd part to todays stuff all im seeing is MASSSSSSSSIVE maps that take up the entire screen and also have slide bars going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over.

your map pics are friggin huge!
they totally cover up evrything there.