• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Off Topic slightly...

Since the quest is winding down and I feel I'm giving no spoilers away, can anyone think of any item not in this pic that can be kept from part III? I know I still need the staff from Mibs, just haven't gone after it again yet. I cannot seem to find a way to keep sherry or heigel's notes, I can only send them to my bank from my pack.

View attachment 71745
Start the quest with a new toon. The scroll for ethereal void will be droppable.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the trade routes deactivated? Just spent about 2 hours and no ambushers. :(..... Will try tomorrow.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well finally finished the quest and have the multi piece thing a ma jig. Over all pretty fun if you have all the skills. A bit of pain if you don't finding someone who does on some shards. Fishing was obviously the worst for me at 274 MIBs for one Staf LOL. The 4th red candle also proved elusive, I have like 35 black ones though. Sparfucil (all 120 Chiv Lesser Hiryu) Tore through Fire Boss, The quick silver part took a bit of time but made the thing first try just wearing a 30 tinker tali that I believe gave me a 35% total chance. Ether Scroll didn't work when it was time to go back... drop, lock, double click, and retrieve made all right with it though.

Overall a good quest for experienced players with a lot of skills or a group with diverse skills. Now I am going to bed and have nightmares about fishing up chest :)

Edit: After sleeping on it, future quest of this nature really should have a cap on some things like the fishing part. MIB/SOSs got real hard for many people to find. Some people got the staff on their first try and others took hundreds. Talked to one person that said it took her over 300 to get 1 staff. Talked to others that just gave up on it after going through 30-40mibs. And to be honest I had 3 SOSs left and was going to be done with the quest if I didn't get the staff with them. On the other hand I got rid of a lot of my MIB hoard that I otherwise probably would have never bothered fishing up. And now have a white net hoard I will probably never bother tossing LOL. Scalis is NOT a Solo piece of content for me :) Although I might do a public net toss with them sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And on a side note.......... Wish I noticed Larissa's walk through sooner! Would have used it for reference a time or two :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So the invasions have begun....
I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!

So Part 1 , BARDS, could not participate???? (msg...You "cannot perform negative acts on your target")
Now Part 5, BARD/MAGE cannot participate???? (msg...You "cannot perform negative acts on your target")
Heck, if you ask me bards have it easy... from what you say (have not logged in to the invasion yet, had to work some ugh) bard can't target the critters.. that's cool.. bards can still use the peace mastery on those fighting and just get loot rights off of that. I have yet to see a bard running a their mastery on folks fighting who did not get any loot rights on any boss fight yet. That is the good thing about "damage healed" being counted towards it...

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Negating a bards primary functions for any event is ********. Its like giving a swordsman a spell book and saying good luck.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If no one has any pearls of wisdom, then I am DONE with UO... & don't worry... I won't let the door, slap me on the way out!
Just wow. You do realize you are getting some serious new content in a 20 year old game? From a team consisting of something like 1.5 developers and a very part time artist. Of course, it will be buggy and not thought through in many regards. They don't have the resources to do more. Most MMOs half UOs age are shut down. Of the ones that are still around, most introduce no new content whatsoever.
But you are so upset that your Bard cant hit something on a patch that is not even released to all shards yet, that you are threatening to take your monthly $12.98 and walk?! That will really make em think, right? I already see Mesanna in panic hiring 30 more people, to make sure that the next release is up to the high standards of Tildi Daintree.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How difficult is perihelion? Can he be soloed with a substandard sampire?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know how to animate the top of the alter? I've saw one in a public house that was bobbing up and down, but mine is static.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I'm going to go back to them this new part of the event seems like a waste of my time

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I'm going to go back to them this new part of the event seems like a waste of my time
I had a lot to say about why I'm disillusioned, but I deleted it all. The usual people will just pick it to pieces. Really disappointed about this.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small which server are you on?
Trying to get a staff on Balhae. All I have left to do there is fight Perihelion and get the staff. Been trying to get MIBs and fishing all week and all I have to show for it is about 44 chests and 2 strong boxes and some cleanup points. It's a cruel joke trying to get that staff. I suspect the devs knew that some people were sitting on literally thousands of MIBs and would use scripts to fish them up and they adjusted the RNG accordingly. Who cares if people who don't use cheats and don't use outside programs are going to struggle with getting a staff. They can just cough up some money and go buy one from a scripter, right? And then use a shard shield to move it. Well, some of us don't use scripts and don't even use UOAssist. And some of us STILL don't have shard shields.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To get the gem on top to animate, just hold a weapon or book in hand and double click the gem. It will do the sky bolt animation and then rock up and down. Resets when you log out, but animated the next time it is used again.