• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Most things seem to be on a 24 hour timer.. so waiting my 24 hours to see.

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
did 38 sos tonight. not 1 drop.. gm fishing, on the correct quest... this is just crap drop rate. we are talking many hours of fishing up sos and then the finding and fishing the chests. wth... some people gotta work through the day only to come home and fish all night for nothing. it's ridiculous.

Callise

Journeyman
I have all the parts of my obelisk marked as quest items and ready to return to Mythran. Unfortunately, it won't let me use the Ethereal Travel scroll. I receive the message "you are not allowed to access this." I have tried various locations inns, banks, and husband's house (I don't have one).

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have all the parts of my obelisk marked as quest items and ready to return to Mythran. Unfortunately, it won't let me use the Ethereal Travel scroll. I receive the message "you are not allowed to access this." I have tried various locations inns, banks, and husband's house (I don't have one).
I had same problem so I went to my own owner house logged out logged in tried said I didn't have resources so I dropped bkackrock on ground picked it up and it worked

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You have to be in a house you own...that could be the problem...for some reason if you log out anywhere but your own house it glitches out and you have to page a GM to come fix you.

Usually they respond pretty quickly.

Or try what Skett said but I don't think it will work if you're not in your own house...worth a shot anyway!

Callise

Journeyman
You have to be in a house you own...that could be the problem.
I was afraid of that Larisa. My house placement timer had just ended when they turned off housing decay/placement. :( I'll try paging a GM tomorrow, if it doesn't unstick itself over night.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohh bad timing! Sorry to hear that!!!

If you need anything else just hollar! Here or in game, right now I'm shard-hopping to collect gifts lol but give a shout to me here if you need.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
because @Kyronix things everything in this game has to take 16 hours to get... or it isn't worthwhile... and I believe he and the gang have investments in carpal tunnel surgeons... as they like to make everything a click fest and grind...
It is a sure way to guarantee that some players just won't have the Pagan Titan slayer when the last arc rolls out. :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To everyone who are experiencing issues with crafting the tinkering item from 20 quicksilver:

1. Get 20 quicksilver (you do not need more).
2. Get some tinkering BODs and bribe NPC's until you get one that is rewards you with 550 or above. (usually BOD that requires items that can be crafted with colored ore).
3. Complete the BOD return int and choose the Crafting Failure Protection Talisman for 550 points (it comes with 25 charges and bonuses to tinkering).
4. Equip the talisman and start crafting.

Crafted 2 items with ~20 charges at 23% chance.
You need at least 100 tinkering and 100 magery.
You do not need to have started any of the quests on your tinker.
With the talisman you do not lose materials when you fail, you lose 1 charge each time you fail.

Edit: A big thank you to everyone who helped solving the pentagram.
You must had a lot worse luck than me.

I only had a +13% talisman (compared to the +18% you used) and crafted 2 while only using 8 charges from the talisman.

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well dang now what? I had to solo the nasty guy... I'm a resident of Slownoma :( I died horribly n so did my dragon! But I finished! Has anyone got all of the collectables from the trade orders? I'm still trying to do that n hallz yeah I wanna do this again but I only have one toon that can fight the baddie.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well dang now what? I had to solo the nasty guy... I'm a resident of Slownoma :( I died horribly n so did my dragon! But I finished! Has anyone got all of the collectables from the trade orders? I'm still trying to do that n hallz yeah I wanna do this again but I only have one toon that can fight the baddie.
Thanks to a wonderfully kind person I was able to trade a Scourge and I was nice and threw in a Boline for a Tome .... Finally DONE... I was working on fishing up another staff but at this point I'm so sick of the event I just am waiting for Oct... but I've got a feeling that will be snoresville as well grinding away for hours on end for 2 drops in an hour or some crap... so getting all that will take camping a spot 24/7 for the whole month and won't have time for Trick or Treats again... last year I said to heck with getting that Kotl crap just focus on trick or treats... and might wind up like that again this year... honestly I find myself getting frustrated more and more.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a sure way to guarantee that some players just won't have the Pagan Titan slayer when the last arc rolls out. :(
You can use the obelisk from someone else if its security settings are set so you can use it. For me the Titan Slayer vanished after 24 hours or server down. So you will only have one weapon to use against the Pagan Titan and only have to use it when he appears with probably the last part of the arc.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Took me over 30 MiBs to get the first staff and then only 4 more to get the second, some of us just have very bad luck I guess, I don't understand how people with no fishing skill are getting this.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2017-9-2_20-45-0.png

Ok I have this what is it supposed to do or be? Is it supposed to be assembled, if so how? Clicking the green tip says needs to be secured but when secured says it isn't complete. I must be missing something, and so far nothing about a titan slayer.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So the Titan slayer property isn't permanent, I guess that explains why it can be re-done once per day.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has there been any information provided as to how long the three events will be running? I thought I saw on a post that event 1 will run till September 28th. I have been doing event 1 on and off from the beginning and have about half of the items so far. Thank you for the info., I'm just wondering if I have enough time and should try the other two parts.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Has there been any information provided as to how long the three events will be running? I thought I saw on a post that event 1 will run till September 28th. I have been doing event 1 on and off from the beginning and have about half of the items so far. Thank you for the info., I'm just wondering if I have enough time and should try the other two parts.
That's correct. The 4th week will start on the 7th, and then all 4 run up until the 28th.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was afraid of that Larisa. My house placement timer had just ended when they turned off housing decay/placement. :( I'll try paging a GM tomorrow, if it doesn't unstick itself over night.
This happened to us last night. Three of us had the summoning statue, I summoned the big guy and when we killed it all three of us got the final piece we needed to turn in. None of us could use the scroll from town to go turn them in. I tried in my house and was able to go, the other two tried their houses (and mine, just in case) with no luck. A GM came very quickly and fixed my two friend's scrolls in my house and they were able to use the scroll in my house.

I'm not sure why mine worked once in my house, but once fixed by a GM house ownership doesn't seem to matter. It is nice, however, that all three of us got credit and the drop from killing the Perihelion so they were able to keep their statues! Now I want one as a keepsake. ;)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried it with SOS in my main pack and inside a bag in my pack, didn't matter. And yes Covenant fished it up for me. I also macroed fishing up to 65 on the char and still couldn't get anything.
The same thing happened to two friends of mine. Both human tamers, both 0 fishing skill. One had no problems fishing up MIB's the other no matter what he tried couldn't get one. I had the quest on my fisher so I just took his MIB's and luckily got the staff on the 11'th one for him (he only had 19). Something's goofy here or we're missing something.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Careful, the quest items are not blessed, so if you go afk and die and lose the stuff, you can't redo the quest.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 71560

Ok I have this what is it supposed to do or be? Is it supposed to be assembled, if so how? Clicking the green tip says needs to be secured but when secured says it isn't complete. I must be missing something, and so far nothing about a titan slayer.
You have to lock down/secure all parts. The green gem as top piece, rest under it, so it looks like the obelisk from the event treasure hunting.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I can't redo the quest ?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't resign I completeled it

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 71560

As you would with any deco, lock down the smaller pieces and use a renovation tool to move them up or down having the green crystal to the top. It takes a bit of fiddling. Once the pieces are organised put the big (square base) chest part down until it sort of falls underneath your moved pieces. It will look like the Treasure Hunting chests in the earlier event. When completed, double click the green gem on top to imbue a weapon your holding to "Pagan Titan Slayer"...

Thank you to Jibbed and Don EOB for getting me this far :)

Peter1117

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix I was fishing SOS, I got this error message.

Error [TID]: Provided Token Out of Range : 0 : 1043297

What does this mean?
I have not gotten the quest items yet, so I am worried.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Kyronix I was fishing SOS, I got this error message.

Error [TID]: Provided Token Out of Range : 0 : 1043297

What does this mean?
I have not gotten the quest items yet, so I am worried.
I would not throw that chest away and would not loot it yet. Would make sure I was patched all the way and then open it again.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice looking deco, are these going poof after certain period or time or do get to keep this?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Finally got a staff.
I even got a polka dot bikini before I got it.
It reminded me of how much I hate doing MIBs.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still having a horrendous time getting the staff. Does kind of boat make a diff (on a Tokuno ship)? I am using old SOS and Ancient SOS scrolls from mibs already popped months and years ago. Two human chars doing this quest, one has stoned up GM fishing, other has 0 fishing. The gm fisher gets chests, and the non-fisher always fails to catch anything...not even recovered from a shipwreck items. Neither has seen the staff yet.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
5 hours of fishing. No staff for me yet

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got one staff yesterday after 3 MIBs on my GM fisher. Turned it in and took the quest again. Have done 20 MIBs so far to try to get another staff. Getting more MIBs to do is time-consuming!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are insurable though ...
They are yes, but just a heads up as you normally expect quest items to be blessed, and once you lose an item, you cannot continue the quest or start it again.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got mine after about 25ish sos's.....I'm tryin for number 2....8 SOS's so far.....

I am a glutton for punishment :/

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
upload_2017-9-2_16-45-25.png

I thought this guy could almost put on a fight like the Mage captains. I was wrong.
My enemy of one didn't even expire before he went down.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The most aggravating thing about doing SOS's imo? Getting kicked off your boat due to a wave.. popping back on land only to realize you don't have a rune back to the ship... was just East of Brit when I got kicked off... so now I am at the first bit of land at the 6° 25N line.. which is? All the way on the West Coast of the continent just North of Shame...

So here I sit.. literally waiting for my ship to come in...

Untitled.jpg

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Go to dock and buy a ship rune

I had the same thing happen
Never even knew about that.. thanks. Ship got here before I saw the post but will remember that for next time.. because YEPP... there will be a next time sooner or later lol.