• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Babble Thread #1!!!

L

LordWillieNelson

Haha, that guy was great!! "Maowidge" cracks me up everytime I hear him say it.

I

imported_fyr

Oh yes, very happy. See my sig? Carbon Leaf played at UVa last Friday and my gf and I went to see them. It was an excelleny performance

G

I teach Sunday School at the chapel in the hospital on Landsuhl base. (that's the one you hear guys injured in combat are air lifted to be stabized before being bought to the states) Anyways, being military run, they have a whole slew of paperwork to be filled out for security reasons and new forms added all the time.

The Sunday School Superintendent called me yesterday and said she had a new security form for me to sign. It's a list of things teachers are not to do including this bit of instruction -

<font color="red">Sunday school teachers are not to teach Sunday school under the influence of drugs or alchohol.</font>

Geeeeeeeze! Party poopers... some people have to take all the fun out of it, huh?

I

Innocent One

It sounds like they are saying you can't teach high, but you can do it on your own time. lol
Their are alot of crazy things in this world...like the shade thing you put on the windshield of your car to keep it from be blistering hot inside from sitting all day...their is a little disclamer on it that says "please remove before driving"
On my blowdryer it had a little tag that said "please do not use while showering". Their are so many others, but my brain is still sleepy atm.

L

LordWillieNelson

Yeah, the funny thing (or maybe not so funny) is that those warnings are there because someone somewhere has done it. I have seen a bunch of those warning though, but one of my favorites is on electric lawnmowers with a cord (why someone would buy one is beyond me) there is a warning that says "for outdoor use only" .

G

Shag carpeting ! Aye bain of society that shag carpeting. It was once "in" and like everthing else what was the in thing becomes no longer popular nor in.

Now seriously I can see someone DO this.

What better way to get rid of your plush shag out of style carpeting, than to bring your lawnmower INDOORS and mow the living room and bed room carpeting down to size ? With ye lawn mower mowing your interior carpet that was out of date ye carpet is once again..fashionable. Of course that may have cost someone in other ways like shag carpet fibers stuck in a mower exhaust and mower blades..leading to over heating..leading to a fire of lawn mower..leading to consumer torched, and consumer's house lost and blaming the lawn mower manufacturers and trying to sue them, for NOT having a warning sign for idiots on lawnmowers to read ...for outdoor use only ~!

Electric lawn mower..hmm I suddenly have visions of someone keeping it plugged into and then mowing over the electrical wire cord ..zapping them selves to oblivion....................hope electric lawnmowers come with a sign and warning label regardig mowing not beng for use, while still plugged into the outlet.

L

LordWillieNelson

That's just it, why would you want an electric lawnmower?!? I used to be a manger of the lawn &amp; garden dept at our local Wal-Mart and I was the only one in the store that handled the outdoor equipment. People would come in and want to buy electric lawnmowers and I would always try to talk them into buying a gas mower. I mean the gas mowers aren't that much more expensive than an electric one. $79 for electric and gas ones started at $99. But oh well, what can you say, some people are crazy like that.

On a side note, I awlays wondered why they put directions for use on shampoo too. Show of hand...who doesn't know how shampoo works?

*edit*
By the way Queen, I really like your new sig. Makes me want to go play poker.

G

Interestingly, people only use electric mowers over here. Europeans being super environmental, they don't use gas, but electric since it is a renewable resource. Doesn't change the fact though that every time my husband goes out to mow the lawn, I cringe as he nears the cord.

G

btw - I want everyone to notice my cool new avatar. I miss having my Binky tattoo, but my friend made me this gif and I have to show it off!

G

Thank ye. If ya look really close the jack was shooting the king card.

*that sig will return in a while but for now..I have to go on a Knight's Quest with vow of silence for my Miranda of KSS Siege to hopefully become knighted when done with me quest*

Thus I just sig changed tonite since I was just given that quest to begin tomorrow.

Not to worry ........already got my Chesapeake springfest ones done too !

Placed a house on Moonglow Isle just like recent like ..just for festival !

HEY it was a space ..yall know me I just HAD to place ! HAHA

G

There's a pond between the buildings here at work. During the spring and summer it becomes a nesting ground for geese. There's this one goose who thinks he's a bad ###. He likes to be all tough and chase people as they walk from building to building.

Today I'm headed to a meeting and I see him coming toward me. Just when he gets almost up to me I throw my hands up in the air and sceam at the top of my lungs. He's trying to get away from me so fast he falls over backwards and starts flapping his wings trying to get back up. Feathers are flying everywhere. I was LMAO.

I like the avatar Bonami. They did a good job on it !

And QZ's a Moonglow resident again. I guess you can go back home after all.

Innocent One - Against my better judgement I'll say it again. Shane's going home tonight !! More wishful thinking than anything else I guess. If that nimrod makes it to the final two I may never watch Survivor again

L

LordWillieNelson

Fear not Ommadawn, there is life after Survivor. I'm living proof, I watched the first season and then swore it off for good. If only quitting smoking was as easy, I would be in good shape.

G

How true. I did quit smoking about 5 minutes ago. And I'll quit again at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00.......

Mrs. Ommie hates it when I use that response to her smoking nag. I know she's just worried about me, but I'm a man of few vices. Heck I gave up 3 billion other women the day I married her !

L

LordWillieNelson

When I used to be a painter (automotive, not art), you had to talk to a doctor and get cleared to wear the forced air hoods. I did my little questionaire for him and a few days later, he called me back and had a few questions. One was "do you smoke?" I said yes, and he said "Well you need to quit." I said, you I've heard that before, then he said "It's bad for you!". I promptly replied, that I wish I knew that and that someone should put a warning label on cigarettes or something, maybe a surgeon generals warning. I mean, isn't that his job!
He wasn't as amused with my response as I was.

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

Innocent One - Against my better judgement I'll say it again. Shane's going home tonight !! More wishful thinking than anything else I guess. If that nimrod makes it to the final two I may never watch Survivor again

[/ QUOTE ]

*laughs and points at Omma*
Ya know, Shane was very quite last night...didn't say much at all. I quess he was trying to fly under the radar. Terry on the other hand, I think he may have made a big mistake by telling others he had the idol and his plan didn't work last night soooo if the damn tribe was smart they would make him use that idol the first chance they get. Some of them don't know he has it, but they have an idea and he is tough and becoming hard to beat. I get so pissed off because its like people can't see their biggest threat and will keep it amoung them til the end. Also, I can't stand Courtney! I like Shane alot more then that wierd b!#$&amp;!

Willie!...how many jobs have you done in your lifetime? Auto body, manager in lawn and garden at Wal-Mart and now working for Cat. Hrmm, you must be a jack of all trades!

I will agree that quiting smoking can be a very hard thing. I have known people who have smoked for umteen years and just up and laid them down one day, never to pick them up again. I am the other type of person...I have quit several times through out the years, but have always picked them back up again after a short time. *shrugs*

G

&lt;seinfeld&gt;"I WAS IN THE POOL !!!"&lt;/seinfeld&gt;

Yeah, Terry's gamble didn't pay off but he had to try something. At this point, unless someone admits to being the anti-christ, they'll just pick off Terry and Sally. Yes Courtney is a psycho B%^$&amp; and I can't stand her either. I've reached the point where I'm pulling against people to win the money instead of having a favorite. Bruce and Danielle should have taken the offer last night. It'll probably come back to haunt them.

My granddad quit smoking cold turkey. One day he came home and put an unopened pack on a book shelf in the living room. He said it was like a security blanket. It was always there if he needed them.

L

LordWillieNelson

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red"> Willie!...how many jobs have you done in your lifetime? Auto body, manager in lawn and garden at Wal-Mart and now working for Cat. Hrmm, you must be a jack of all trades!
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I haven't had that many. When I got the job at CAT, I left Wal-Mart (obvious reasons) and started at CAT in the paint shop...If you've ever looked in my profile at occupation, it still says "I paint Cats"...I did that for about a year or so until this service manager at another location came open and I took it. I have been at this location, same company, for about a year now. One a side note, I was in training to be a cop about 5 or 6 years ago, but decided against it. I wish I would have gone through with it though because every job I ever had, has been in the mechanical/automotive field in some way.

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

&lt;seinfeld&gt;"I WAS IN THE POOL !!!"&lt;/seinfeld&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...yeah, yeah, thats what they all say!

Willie, you at least live in the right place for being in the mechanical/automotive field. The whole damn valley is full and Mr. Berglund is buying all that he can.

I am in no better shape...I work for the Times. A product of our enviorment.

L

LordWillieNelson

Did you know that Berglund bought Fulton Motor Company on Franklin Road?

Now Berglund has Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Mazda, Plymoth, Chryler, Dodge, Jeep and Buick.

G

Mrs. Ommie picked up the granddaughter this morning and brought her home to spend the day with us. I met them in the driveway to help carry stuff in. I opened the door to give the babe a kiss and she looked right up at me with a huge smile and said......."OPA !!". First time she's ever done that. Yep, the wrappage has begun.

G

Sounds like Flow Motors in this area. They own everything but the Schwinn dealership.

I

Innocent One

Hey Omma...it would appear that Shane needed some Balmex on last weeks show. LOL Terry will be using that idol sooner then he wants to. I bet he will be voted out as soon as he loses a challenge and then he will whip the idol out.

Where is everybody? The place has been dead lately! I keep getting sick...just as soon as I feel better for a couple days, bam, it gets me again. I blame it on my kids bringing it into the house, but they don't seem to get sick. *shrugs*

G

Yeah, that was pretty funny. "Are they suppose to be all red like that ?" LOL. Terry needs at least one (if not two) more immunities. The team of six is going to start backstabbing each other REAL soon.

It's spring break for the Catholic schools this week so we are taking turns keeping the kids with some neighbors. Today is my turn so I've got them here. Earlier they wanted to do some painting so I pulled out all the supplies and told them to have at it. A few minutes later they showed me their art work. There were beautiful rainbows, butterflies, birds, flowers etc.

Then the little Ommie showed me hers. It's a painting of a Texas Hold'em tournament LOL. The only thing missing I guess is the beer and cigars. On the scoreboard she has herself in third place. We gotta work on that

<center>
</center>

G

OK, I've been calling Shane's number for a few weeks now. So I'm going to try reverse strategery. Bruce gets the axe tonight and Terry doesn't have to use the idol......yet.

I

Innocent One

I felt so bad for Bruce last night. Poor guy...I guess losing the ability to go to the bathroom would be painful after a while. I hated that he had to go the way he did, but it did save someone else I suppose. Shane cracks me up...he aint right I tell ya. Welp, on to next week and I say Terry will be breaking that idol out for sure!

Cute picture your little one drew...lets say she goes to school and draws that and tells them her daddy loves to gamble, smoke cigers and drink beer too. LOL
When my daughter was about 6 or 7 (cant remember) she told her class her mommy curses other drivers all the time..."just this morning my mommy called this lady a stupid 'b' word (as she called it) cause she pulled out in front of her" needless to say, I watched my tongue from then on. *blushes*

G

Yeah, felt bad for Bruce. Hopefully he comes back as part of the jury at least.

This week I say Terry wins immunity again and saves himself from using the idol. The gang of five has to chop one of their own and.....

** Drum Roll **

Courtney goes home.

D

derealcanuckeh

My fellow babblers on LS have disappeared so I'm here to bother you kind folk hehe

Good Call OMMA very very well done Terry only has to win 1 more challange to make it to the 3 1 win and his idol and he's golden hehe

I

imported_fyr

hehe I might teach my kids to drink beer and gamble but smokin' cigars no way, they reek

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, felt bad for Bruce. Hopefully he comes back as part of the jury at least.

This week I say Terry wins immunity again and saves himself from using the idol. The gang of five has to chop one of their own and.....

** Drum Roll **

Courtney goes home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you were good this week Omma!
I am glad to see her go...she got on my nerves. Did you see the look on Shane and Terry's faces? LOL Ciere(sp) played and turned the tables a bit.

G

Ciere(sp) played and turned the tables a bit.
---------------------------------------

She is proving to be quite devious..what a move! Now she'll have to deal with "insane Shane" this week.

I thought Terry was dumb for not using his idol earlier to protect his team, but I still want him to win just because of the smarmy attitude that other team had all those weeks. Now that their alliance is imploding, it's funny to watch.

I

Innocent One

*looks for her best whip*
oOoOo.....31 lashings.
*smiles her innocent smile*

Happy Birthday!

D

derealcanuckeh

I'm just here lurking to see what Omma has for predictions this week hehe

G

BAH, I had an install last week and didn't get a chance to goof off at work very much. I did catch the show last Thursday though.

I really did think that Shane was gone. The group of three were setting him up the week before and he was feeling so safe. You've just gotta play every challenge no matter how safe you think you are.

But I also thought it would cost Terry the Idol. The guy is on a great run and if he makes it to the final 2 he deserves the money. Now whether the jury sees that or votes for their old tribe member out of spite remains to be seen.

The part that got me last week was Terry giving Aras a chance to hung his Mom. I would have told Aras to head on out to the island...you ain't getting squat. I mean he has to know that's one vote he's not getting if he makes it to the final. I'd just go ahead and throw a little salt in the wound

We're split in the Ommie house. Mrs. Ommie wants Cirie to win and I'm pulling for Terry. To me Cirie hasn't done anything but let her team carry her this far. Oh well guess we'll find out.

D

derealcanuckeh

well regardless Terry has made it to the final 3 now with his idol so.

I'm also cheering for Terry and it would suck if they just vote for the other person because he won everything ( it would also make the they won the car they did not win survivor thing a former saying) I think that Terry was just really trying to show Danielle how upset he was with her and you have to feel for him I mean everytime he thinks he's got a break BAM someone pulls the rug out hehe

I'm with you Omma Cirie can go home blah she has ridden coat tails long enough and while she has changed the game twice now its time for her to go.

We shall see though I hope Terry wins it as well

G

Every Survivor season seems to have a "You're a moron" moment. This season for me it was when Aras voted Terry the least likely to survive on his own in the woods. HUH ?!? The guy is a Navy pilot. There's no telling how many times he's been through survival school.

At the risk of jinxing Terry I'm gonna call how it's going down

Terry wins the next immunity, makes the pact with Danielle and gives her the idol. They get rid of Aras.

Between the two of them Cirie doesn't stand a chance in the final challenge. If Danielle wins it, she doesn't go back on her word and takes Terry to the final two. Gotta tell ya, this is the part that scares me. She's been wishy washy the whole show and I don't trust her. But it's the smart play for Terry.

Final voting:

Austin - I think he'll stick with Terry. Especially after the "bonding" Danielle did with him exile island.

Sally - I think she'll stick with Terry also. She could be upset he didn't give her the idol but I don't think so.

Bruce - Seems like an honorable person. He'll vote Terry.

Courtney - The tongue at the last tribal council said alot. She'll vote Terry.

Shane - Still really PO'ed about getting blind sided. He'll vote Terry.

Cirie - She'll continue to stick with her tribe and vote Danielle.

Aras - Jealousy will not allow for a vote for Terry. Danielle gets his vote.

That's it. Terry wins it and breaks the car curse. Of course I'll probably be back on here Thursday night revising my prediction.

D

derealcanuckeh

well I hope that works that way but I'll wait for the revision as well

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

We're split in the Ommie house. Mrs. Ommie wants Cirie to win and I'm pulling for Terry. To me Cirie hasn't done anything but let her team carry her this far. Oh well guess we'll find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

I'm with you Omma Cirie can go home blah she has ridden coat tails long enough and while she has changed the game twice now its time for her to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmm... I don't think you guys are giving Cirie enough credit! The game is not all about "physical"...it is mental too and Cirie really hasn't done all that bad at the physical part of it considering she doesn't look to be the physical kind of gal, but mentally she has done quite well for herself and she really hasn't pissed anybody off...she has covered her tracks well and smoothed things over nicely.
I do think Terry has played the game well and ranks up there at the top as being one of the best the game has ever seen. He deserves to win I suppose. The smart move for him would be to take Danelle to the final, but taking Cirie would be ok too I think. He has it in the bag...if not, it would be a
to me.
Soooo...I am an underdog kind of gal...GOOOO CIRIE!

G

But things rarely work out the way they are suppose to
. One things for sure. Terry needs the final immunity to make it. I don't see any of the final three taking him to the end. I told Mrs. Ommie when Cirie built the fire last night, "You watch, she'll be in a tie breaker fire challenge tonight."

"To be continued" Uhhhhg !! At least we only have to wait till Sunday.

IO, Mrs. Ommie is coming from the "It's a mental game." angle also. But to me, Terry has been the underdog and has met the challenge (except for last night
). All Cirie has had to do was smile and let her team carry her this far. She is however my number 2 in people I'd like to see win.

I really have no feeling now for how it will all end. Guess we'll find out Sunday night.

I

imported_fyr

goin on vacation startin 5/5/19.. cruise to Bahamas and Bemuda w/my sweetheart.. be back on 5/30.. y'all have fun here and be good

L

LordWillieNelson

Enjoy yourself!

You'll have a great time I'm sure...kind of hard not too. Be careful though not to lose all your gold, err cash, when they open up the Casino becuase those bar tabs add up at the end of the week.

It's been about 8 years since the last time I went and I can't wait for when I get the chance to go again.

I

Innocent One

I feel like I haven't been here in ages...rrr wait...it has been a long time...anyway,Aris wins and Cirie voted most popular...wow.
The Gray haired Taylor Hicks wins Idol and proves Simon big time wrong.
Gulemule quits UO and all my fish die from lack of food. *shrugs*
Alot has happened since I decided to work a million hours a week and I feel out of the loop. I did go to FL for a week and soak up some sun, but had to come back way to soon. fyr is on a cruse...thats nice...the last cruse I took was to Jamaica and customs was pure hell and that was before 2001 so it must be unbelieveable now.
Look at me...just babblin on and on...I guess I will jump on and check out this pub 40 stuff. Yeah yeah, I am behind the times.

L

LordWillieNelson

Welcome back, I've been wondering why I haven't seen or heard from you in awhile.

G

<center>

Just dropping in to say "Hey"
.</center>

Aras wins Survivor.....pffft
. Oh well, there's always next season. We've been burning up the road over the past couple of months, going back and forth to visit the daughter in college. She's home for the summer now so I can stop selling blood to pay off my gas card.

Got to watch Clemson play baseball several times. We almost took off last weekend to see the ACC championship but just couldn't work everything out. I really hated to miss it, especially since the good guys won it all

I just finished my last project at work and there's a lockdown on starting anything new until after the end of the fiscal year. So June will be pretty slow. I guess that's a good and a bad thing.

Oh well, hope everyone is doing great. I continue to spoil the grandbaby rotten. That's my job. She stayed with us Saturday night. When her mom came to pick her up on Sunday she ran away from her and jumped up in Oma's lap. Payback's a ##### baby!!

I

imported_fyr

The cruise was so nice. My love and I didn't hang at the casino for long but I must admit we racked up a huge bar tab as we went to many bars on the ship.
Snorkeling in the Bahamas was so fine, we must have seen 30 or 40 kinds of beautiful, colorful fish. Bermuda was great too, there were caves by the beach that led to a flower-filled jungle. A nice mini-adventure
The comedy shows nightly were so much fun. Gf (christine, goes by chris) and I also got involved in a nightly trivia contest that took place in a bar, met some pretty interesting people, including Tony from England who seized the microphone and sang a bawdy pub song to the entire bar one night until our buddy the trivia coordinator took away his mic..
Chris and I wondered why we ever came home, after we got back to our jobs after the vacation..

Innocent One&gt; I am behind the times too, there's lots of the new quests I know nothing about, the ones that have some nice rewards but you die a lot

Omma&gt; Liked that pic and good to see ya here.

G

Ahem... we are rooting for Germany over here (though quite possibly to avoid being run down by angry fans)

<font color="black">///////////////// </font>
<font color="red">///////////////// </font>
<font color="orange">///////////////// </font>

My husband says he told this joke at work once:

"I once went to a riot and a soccer game broke out"

The German guys didn't get it.

G

Yeah, I'm on the Germany bandwagon now that the US had such a wonderful showing.
It's been a tough sports week. Clemson was bounced from the College World Series and now the US players are watching the World Cup on T.V.

Of course the Hurricanes did win the Stanley Cup. I'm not much of a hockey fan but it was fun to watch and a excellent excuse for a neighborhood block party.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ahem... we are rooting for Germany over here (though quite possibly to avoid being run down by angry fans)

<font color="black">///////////////// </font>
<font color="red">///////////////// </font>
<font color="orange">///////////////// </font>

My husband says he told this joke at work once:

"I once went to a riot and a soccer game broke out"

The German guys didn't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

!!! hahaha you are so cute

<font color=green>//////</font color=green><font color=white>/////</font color=white><font color=red>/////</font color=red>
<font color=green>//////</font color=green><font color=white>/////</font color=white><font color=red>/////</font color=red>
<font color=green>//////</font color=green><font color=white>/////</font color=white><font color=red>/////</font color=red> !