• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Babble Thread #1!!!

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

Survvvvvivor is back!! How about that whole idea of having racial teams? Think any one team is going to succeed overwhelmingly in the end? I doubt it.

And how about that "I love you" between the heavy metal guy and Candice?! *waits for this Thursday*

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been watching, but for some reason it has sucked so far. I see the racial thing didn't last long. To me being from the same ethnic backgound is not as important as being from the same generation...for example CowBoy(not spelled correct, but sounds the same) and his tribe, ethnic=same generation=different. LOL He is a trip!
As for the "rock star" and the I love you thing...he took that all wrong didn't he?!

Nothing really exciting with this seasons show yet. *waits*

G

I am waiting for the Canadian Geese and all the birds...they are not down here yet, nor have I heard the geese migration honking overhead. Not sure if they are late or what.

Where I live middle usa but south, every migratory path from the most northern parts of Canada and Usa bird and goose type usually end up all in the sky and all over the yard down here as they make their way south..till they move even more south from top of Mississippi. Nearly Oct. 1 and I have not heard a flock yet.
That may bode well for folks up north maybe mean a later winter ??

I remember how sad we felt to see em all leave to go south, when we lived in Green Bay Wisconsin, cuz up there it meant 6 long dragged out months of nearly 2 winters, the milder winter and the artic tundra siberia winter till spring finally showed up nearly 6 mos. entirely later. Every time the geese and birds left when we lived up there, became like some silent moment to weep the end of the seasons where we wouldn't freeze to death.
And we would be sooo thankful to see the first canadian goose or robin to try to return back up north when we were Wisconsinites. Now it is total reverse... get to see them all land HERE for winter and all them yankee birdies and foul then take off when they figure spring will be showing up north.

But it won't be long my shelties will go nuts barking at the tons of yankee birds landing in our back yard trees soon.

G

Hello boys and girls.
Just thought I'd bust in and see how everyones doing.

Survivor...hmmm. Kind of like what Innocent One said. Not too much to get excited about yet. The whole race thing was bogus. Anyone with half a brain should know there are jerks and morons in all races. I hated to see Cecila go last night. I really thought it was going to be Cowboy.

I LOVE THE FALL !! It's my favorite time of the year. Tailgating at the game, trips to the mountains, cool evenings around a fire with a drink and some friends. It's starting to sound like a personal ad isn't it

I haven't seen anything in UO that would make me want to come back yet. Although the rebirth stuff looks nice. I may have to reactivate once that comes out.

Well take care. I'll be back soon.

G

**waves to Ommi**

Yeh ya probably should reactivate just to look at the 2007 if nothing else, then go 'meh' and exit again ..well unless it really is cool or something !

G

Hey man. Yeah it has been a long time. Lots of stuff going on. The company I work for is in the middle of splitting into 2 separate companies. Mrs. Ommie has decided to quit her job and go into business for herself. Now that the kids are almost grown we've been taking alot of trips and doing stuff we always wanted to. Lifes very full right now.

We had an excellent trip to Charleston last month. It's been years since I've been there, but I've always loved the area. There's just so much history to see. We took a dinner cruise in the harbor that just knocked my socks off. If you ever get a chance, do a long weekend there.

Yeah QZ, that's what I'm thinking. Reactivate and try it out. Who knows I may get hooked again.

Good to see you both still here. Take care.

T

TattooedLioness

<font color="purple"> Just joined the forum saying hello </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple"> Just joined the forum saying hello </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiyas and welcome to the forum!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am a hot and humid kind of gal...

[/ QUOTE ]

*adjusts collar*

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

*adjusts collar*

[/ QUOTE ]

*inspects G's ring-around-the-collar*

T

TheGwy

Since you have the answers to everything GvP, here's a good one for you, why do most signatures from the female players all look slutty?

L

LordWillieNelson

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red"> Since you have the answers to everything GvP, here's a good one for you, why do most signatures from the female players all look slutty? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

To make the signatures from the male players like them more?

I

imported_fyr

Cool name, Tatooed Lioness! Blessed Be!! I like your sig.

Hiya Ommie! Good to see you back. I am not in UO as much, living with my gf now. First started going out with her in January. Heh, I got her to start a char the other day though, she thought it was fun.

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

Since you have the answers to everything GvP, here's a good one for you, why do most signatures from the female players all look slutty?

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one take offense to that statement! I haven't seen one Sig look what "you" call "slutty"! Their is a big difference between "sexy" and "slutty".
G.v.P. does know all....*bows deeply to the Master*.

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

To make the signatures from the male players like them more?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

*Innocent Ones Sig
at Willies Sig*

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The Freudian answer is sexual frustration. The feminist answer is the conception of woman as spectacle, through the course of centuries within patriarchal society. The Shakespeare solution is an anti-ideal signature which denounces sensuality regardless of gender, thus unsexing the signature and ending sexual frustration. "Unsex me here and take my milk for gall" (Macbeth).

Welcome to the Dark Side, by the way.

L

LordWillieNelson

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The Freudian answer is sexual frustration. The feminist answer is the conception of woman as spectacle, through the course of centuries within patriarchal society. The Shakespeare solution is an anti-ideal signature which denounces sensuality regardless of gender, thus unsexing the signature and ending sexual frustration. "Unsex me here and take my milk for gall" (Macbeth).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much what I said

I

Innocent One

You were right! He was ok, but he did get on the others nerves a bit. I have been watching the show, but I just haven't gotten into it this season. I don't like that curly headed guy very much and that one chic who is using (or thinks she is using) her looks/flirting to stay under the radar.
More next week!

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the Dark Side, by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Grief...

G

I myself prefer *gift wrapped* sigs. The females in em are never like some sigs ya see where they letting it all hang out. Nay...mine are more like *gift wrapping* haha I think that is more alluring if one is in the mood to have a more alluring sort of sig.

My hubby agrees with me on that issue. He oft says he prefers a picture or a woman that just barely shows anything, maybe just a lil shoulder showing or one leg hahaha and he figures like I do ...if one wishes to see more BUY THE PACKAGE haha or ya dont get more to look at. hehe Well that what I told him long long ago when he liked what he seen but it was really clothed up a lot save for one tiny lil bare shoulder or so in rl and well he had to BUY the whole package ie marry me which he did ! HAHA

sexy sigs are ok although per forum per shard some have utterly trashy sigs too, I prefer my ladies too look more like ladies mysterious or alluring not letting it all hang out there in a sig. But then MEN can see an army boot on a nice figure and think its sexy..their brains dont function oft beyond one level sometimes
so to them even if its a sig all covered up they may think its sexy. Men are WEIRD they like sexy even if it all hanging out there but if it is their momma daughter gf wife ...she better not look that way unless no one is looking ...CONTRADICT ye selvses much guys ????

G

Sooooo....

Whom bought how many 9th anniversary pixel crack issues of the game ???

I bought 4 Ninth Anniv. one per acct. that normally remain open. *smacks self* haha NOT

I

Innocent One

I haven't bought yet. I plan on it I suppose, but only one.

My kids gave me the Christmas list over the weekend and um they do such a beautiful job making them look so festive and such. I am guessing so that I will look at the artwork instead of choking when seeing all the high priced stuff on the list!
Oldest one wants an ipod, dvd's, cd's, etc....middle one wants a gamecube, games, dvd player,etc and little one, well he wants everything he sees on tv. Altho, the same thing is always on the lists each year...MONEY haha.
I don't remember Christmas being so "item based" when I was a child. *shrugs*

L

LordWillieNelson

<blockquote><hr>

I don't remember Christmas being so "item based" when I was a child. *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

Nerf Christmas!!! It needs to be fixed!! It is not balanced!!

R

Rowhoe

We were bored last night...really bored and suicidal too it seems. Merlin had this interesting idea...what would happen if we lobbed a few ophid generals into the Lord Oaks spawn? Now thats funny. We tapped two mage apprentice generals on the shoulder and had them chase us to the alter and then to keep them company we had a pair of rather irrate healer generals join them. But mad as they were they couldnt kill pixies fast enough to advance the spawn. Although it was too funny watching all those blue pixie names swarming around the generals.

I

imported_Guildmule

When I was a child, birthdays means you get an added hard-boiled egg for supper.
No presents or cakes.

G

Chilling huh...I've never eaten at Chili's. It worth it?

I like TGIFridays or whatever. Good stuff.

L

LordWillieNelson

I'm all about the Applebee's. TGIFridays isn't really a place to go "eat" around here. The bar is the only thing that get's any business. I never cared for Chili's though...they spent to much time trying to make the food look good and end up making it taste terrible.

G

What do the ophidians give again? Bardiches? I wonder how many people would be needed to kill them all. Would be a massive PvP event.

G

pixies really make the game fun and annoying. I wish the next invasion will be pixie-based.

"I haven't felt like this in so long
Wrong, in a sense too far gone from love
Strong, I haven't felt like this in so long
Wrong, in a sense too far gone from love
That don't last forever
Something's gotta turn out right--"

G

*smiles*

Thank ye hehe
It just is not Christmas on Stratics Ches. without that sig of yours !

Nothing going on here. I had this 2 ft tree on a santa boot and slapped it on my coffee table and said ..........bleh Christmas ! hrmm

Christmas is always a better holiday when ya have family around. We don't.

We do have a wedding to go to in July up in Connecticut. Our last single child, is getting married, this being our grown son and his fiance. They are finally gonna tie the knot with a big tadooo fancy kinda new englandy wedding.

We have offered our shelties to be flower girl and ring bearer but they have not yet agreed to this...so I guess we will have to board the shelties up in the doggie campground kennels, when the time comes to fly up there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hello CHESSY long time no see just a quick visit from me and I'm not sure if any LS lurkers might pop in and say HELLO

[/ QUOTE ]

Posting here and on this forum in general got slow, and all of the threads posted here recently ought to be in the babble thread because they all end up getting locked. I prefer working on the home boards, but check these religiously.

G

I loved that. My husband loved it. My mother in law hated it. I think that makes her old.

I

Innocent One

Hello, its me again....
I feel like I have been gone forever. Oh, well I see I haven't missed all that much babbling. *shrugs*
Its Christmas time again and I feel like I am living in FL with the way the weather here in VA has been. Doesn't feel like Christmas to me when I am wearing shorts and flip flops to do my shopping. I am done tho...all done...bonus money gone...some of savings gone...Christmas club money gone...most of pay checks gone...hrmm...I have household bills laying around here somewhere. Hey!...I stand proud tho cause I didn't once use plastic this year. *takes a bow* Thank You...thank you all for the applauds*(sp)
Queen, what chya cookin/bakin this year? I have done a little, but I am not hosting any get-togethers this year so I am not going all out with the cooking/baking. I am going to everybody elses house to eat their stuff this year!

Well, I am done running my mouth for now. Oh, Omma I was rooting for Ozzy the whole time...he deserved to win and once again I was let down.

Merry Christmas ya'll!

G

the best of time, it was the worst of times....

The worst of times:
Tuesday night we went to my youngest daughters Christmas pageant. She's in the third grade and before we went I was thinking to myself, "Thank goodness I only have five more of these things to go to." When her class finished their song and left the stage I noticed that the fourth graders coming on looked so much older and mature. It was then that I realized that I <u>ONLY</u> had five more of these things to attend. My babe won't be a babe much longer. I was in a bad funk the rest of the night and Wednesday.

The best of times:
On Wednesday night we went to my oldest daughters house to celebrate my granddaughters second birthday. As we gathered everyone around to say grace, she and her husband announced that she is pregnant and is due in August. The funk was gone and I've been smiling ever since.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Safe travels to everyone on the road this holiday season.

PS IO - When Ozzie was at final council and told the story about his father I told Mrs. Ommie that he had just won 1 million dollars. We were really shocked when Yul won it. They both played a great game and I was fine with either one winning. But I knew Becky wouldn't get any votes.

G

Well we did the whole turkey bit for Thanksgiving just us and a couple guys he knows that have no one here ate with us.

We will repeat it again for Christmas. Only I will do a ham this go round.
Just us two and the 2 fellows that pretty much have no one here to eat a holiday meal with, so we let em mooch off us for major holidays, when they can make it !

Bout it nothing fancy more like a few orphans getting together for the holiday and having a feast. hehe.

D

derealcanuckeh

the bigs ones are like that.

Family of 5 here so its a big bird and its stuffed and its cooking and I've been at the wine for a few hours now (2 bottles) and soon it will be time to finish the last bits and turn the stove all on and start making the veggies softer hehe

G

The best part of holiday mega cooking fare is that there are leftovers, oft yummy leftovers galore to eat the next day ! ! YAY.. no cooking for me today ! *today ends up my cooking day off* HAHA