• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Babble Thread #1!!!

G

I know people like cooking, but I miss the days when we used to be able to make a whole stack of fishsteaks off a fire field with 0 skill.

I just finished a second Christmas celebration, now I am officially done with last year.

"I went to an all-night get together
And everyone I knew was there.
Had the love that would last forever.
Everywhere I looked, I saw you standing there."

G

Which makes me wonder, if Ricardo is guilty, then aren't we all guilty? Who hasn't looted something of value from a monster.

G

It's the end of blackrock, as we know it, it's the end of blackrock as we know it, and I feeel fiiiiiineee

G

OMGOOSES, its -10 here with a windchill of -30!! It hasnt beent his cold in a very long time!!

G

Toto, I don't think we're in Texas anymore. What is this strange thead that I've never been to before.

"Spammers, and Chimers, and Trolls, Oh My!"

*sings* "Somewhere Under the Rainbow..."

I

Innocent One

<blockquote><hr>

"Spammers, and Chimers, and Trolls, Oh My!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh, never been called a troll before, but I do have a neighbor who reminds me of a troll every time I see her. *shrugs*
I haven't been here in a while to spam or chime or troll cause my life took a horrible turn down insane busy street and I can't seem to turn off on to got lots of time road!

Oh and I thought it was "Somewhere over the rainbow" ....have I been thinking wrong all these years?

M

minerva7121971

I like squirrels, too. Except the black ones. They run all other squirrels out of their "territory." Never knew squirrels were territorial until I was in a town with only black ones-never knew there were black squirrels for that matter.

I like possums-they look like huge freaky sewer rats.

Bats rock more than squirrels or possums. They come into my house and freak us out. Then I hunt them down, catch them in a box, and send them out the door(so they can come back into the hole in the roof overhang). Hmm...I guess I'd let them stay in the house if it weren't for that rabies factor and I have a young son and they get caught in my hair and they poop guano all over and they get caught in the ceiling fan and they don't have anything to eat in the house and...

Melody Bailey, adept babbler
Minerva, journeyman bat catcher

G

I have had a bat in our house in Wisconsin, but only one time. Usually any outdoorsy creatures that ever got in the house besides insects, were birds. Sometimes they fly into the flue of the fireplace chimney and end up in the fireplace behind the screening all scared. I oft tried my best to get them back outdoors so they would not frighten even worse and end up breaking a wing or worse flying and flappin their wings in ..a house.

But one time it was not a bird ..it was a bat.

Our son was very young then and had this silly habit to take off his socks and try to *make a basket* like his sock was a basket ball and try to toss his sock up onto the wagon wheel sort of ceiling lights fixture in our kitchen dinning room area. House came with that wagon wheel light thing and we never bothered to change it ..if its not broke dont fix it.

So one day I seen what appeared to be one of Erik's socks up on the wagon wheel light fixtures. He was too young to get em off there even if he did *make a basket* so to speak with his sock. haha

I go up to get that sock of..and as I got closer I seen that the sock appeared to be...inhaling and exhaling a sock that breathes I thought ??? let me look a bit closer here I thought.................and it was a young bat hanging off the wagon wheel light fixture !! OMG OMG I thought OMG there is a bat in my house !!!

I quickly tell the kids all 3 of em to get the dog out of the living room and themselves and head for their bedrooms and SHUT THE DOORS. They said...why mom ?? I go OMG OMG there's BAT IN THE HOUSE !!

I didnt want them to get a flying bat in their faces..nor have the dog we had then get in some fight with a bat...nor did I want kids or dog to frighten the sleeping bat hanging off the wagon wheel light fixture.

I thought and thought... need something I can scoop up under that lil batty critter...something to use to POP him or her off the light fixture and INTO so I could get it out of the house !!

I got a large clear canning jar and a plastic round toy plate for the *lid* and pppped that puppy off and down into the jar then quickly covered the top with that toy plate, raced outside and let it loose. Then I promptly ...returned into the house as it flew wherever outdoors and collapsed in utter nervous tension exhaustion released kinda mode.

I NEVER want a bat in me house again.

G

My guildmate in UO has a regular squirrel and a white one--um, albino. And the regular one makes rat noises (rat with busy tail, yes), and it also makes sort of like terathan noises. Very interesting. I have a house that is always surrounded by Sewer Rats on the cusp of Vesper.

In real life, well, squirrels tend to follow me. Eep.
I am the piper of squirrel.

---

Bats are no good, they can carry rabies and shouldn't be messed with. Bats remind me of John Candy hehe.

M

minerva7121971

<blockquote><hr>

Bats are no good, they can carry rabies and shouldn't be messed with. Bats remind me of John Candy hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used thick gloves and was very very careful when I handled them, and only picked them up if I absolutely had to, but no good? I was definitely thankful for them eating all those mosquitos in N.C.!!Better bats eat them than they bite me! Wes Niles isn't good either. I care about all critters but bugs, even rats, mice, and snakes-and hooo boy!!! NO SPIDERS!! *shivers in repulsion just thinking about them*

I love crows and ravens, too. Have helped a few crows in the past-but Ravens aren't really around where I live-a little too far south. I know what you're gonna say-crows are bad, too. Yea, they carry disease-being scavengers, but I can't help it that I like them, always have. I like wolves too...lol

M.B. &amp; Min

Was it the movie "The Great Outdoors" that you are refering to? I have a mental picture of John Candy and bats...boy is my memory bad!!

I

imported_fyr

Cats follow me around
I must have been the Cat God in a former life. Cats that bite other people purr at me.

M

minerva7121971

All hail the cat god! Seriously, that is cool, and I know what you mean. I am a cat magnet. I wasn't going to have any more cats once my last ones came up missing.(I had moved, didn't let them out all winter, then when spring came, I let them go outside, and I think neighbors decided to adopt them-arrrgghhh! They didn't seem to notice that the cats were both well fed and healthy, but they returned one day with collars, and then did not return at all the next day-apparently they are someone else's indoor cats now. They were very friendly, so I don't doubt someone liked them, but I loved my babies, too!)

Anyway, I was very sad, and decided not to have any more cats, just a dog for my young son to grow up with. I had always had cats whenever an apartment(and sometimes when they didn't)would allow cats. If I couldn't keep them, my brother would take them in until I found a place where I could(I moved a whole lot for a while). Well, that lasted a couple years, then I found 5 kittens in need of a mom. How could I possibly turn my back? I couldn't, and now I have two of the cats, that follow me around just as my others did before them. Though all my cats have been great, and loved me when they hated others, the two I have now know me as their mom, and are closer than any of the others. I don't know why I thought I could escape that pied piper of cats syndrome. Most of my cats have been strays, kittens or grown, and even one that was born so wild he had to be caught in a trap to bring in(a kitten, one of several in a litter that was feral, and caught upon request of a friend trying to save them).

Maybe because cats and bats sound so much alike, is why both tend to gravitate toward me-hmmmm-what else can I expect will start knocking on my door? Yikes! Hope it isn't rats! Though I like those, too, I do not want rats living with me and my cats and bats!

M.B. &amp; Min

G

Ok so whom is watching this latest crop of people on American Idol ?

I hardly if ever watch tv cuz it is oft boring zzzz...but when ye hard drive is in the shop ya watch tv.

I think some of these ladies have some real talent. Should be interesting to see whom gets to stick around or exit.

I

Innocent One

Yeah, I have been keeping up with it a bit and I have been shocked a couple times by who got voted out and who stayed. The one I call "pretty boy" is not a strong singer and he keeps hanging on. *shrugs* I agree the girls are whipping some butt right now.
Just wondering...from the people who live in EDST how do you feel about it coming earlier and going later? I am loving it and Spring is almost here and the Easter Lilys are blooming...this time of year I get twitterpated.

G

Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Happy Easter Everyone !! Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble Babble

G

**hugs her lil package of marshmellow peeps**

Tis that time o year again...tis never easter without my lil package of gross sugary brite yellow marshmellow peeps for Easter ! hehe

It is early this year...........so happy Easter to whomever likes Easter !

M

minerva7121971

LOL
Thanks Queen Zen! I needed a "pick me up" giggle! My spirits are low of late, but maybe I shall head out to a "vendor" and get me some gross sugary yellow peeps to cheer me up (or at least give me a sugar buzz!)

I must agree, Easter isn't Easter without the peeps!

M.B. &amp; Min

G

oh well check out the vendor called *family dollar* ya get more peeps for the buck ! HAHA

yummmmmmmmmm

P

pikon198

I love peeps too. I bite there heads first and then eat the rest. But not until every peep is missing a head. Got a little OZZY in ya ?? YEA~!!!

*Pirate peep prank that you and your loved ones can try at home... on each other :p*

First you split it down the middle...

Then you take a bottle of greater explosion and stuff it inside...

Then you lick both sides of the peep and stick em back together...

Then you leave it by USN headquaters and see who bites the first one! Teehee

G

My peeps have edumacation and kultcher...I would never dream of permitting them to become military biological experiments...............

Unless it is my peep Steppin wolfy peep cuz well ..he just born to be wild.....

Although I do think that the FACTION PEEPS would be more than willing to try ye experimentations with explosives !

M

minerva7121971

Thanks again for a wonderful fit of giggles you gave me, Queen Zen! Your peeps are certainly more evolved than mine who just sit there and look enticing. But, they may not be as ignorant as I would like to think-sitting there, staring out of those little brown dots on their head blobs. Maybe they are well aware that if I eat too many, my stomache will heave and my teeth will hurt! Maybe it's a conspiracy to get me to not eat them and just enjoy their presence.
Hmmm.....
Kerrs, that was you who delivered those peeps to my USN Headquarters home? No wonder my gut hurts-they exploded in me stomache! I'll have to take revenge on you and your scurvey dogs! How did you know I would eat the heads first? You had me tricked into believing they were perfectly normal peeps! Sneaky that was-hiding the potion in the body so I didn't know it was there until it was too late! Maybe I have a bit 'o' Ozzy (or Pirate) in me for eating the head first, but never again! I am a trusting soul, so naturally I would think some peeps at my doorstep were left by the Easter Bunny. Now I am on guard, and you, my friend, should watch your back and your peeps. I'm working on my poisoning.
You shall never eat another peep without wondering...

Melody Bailey/Minerva

M

minerva7121971

It was a one-eyed one horned flying purple peep I ate-so what does that make me? LOL
M.B. &amp; Min

M

minerva7121971

Yep-I'm old enough to remember the song-even had an 8-track tape with that on it, Disco Duck, and Oli Oop-how scary! (*can't believe I actually admit this*)

M.B. and Min

L

LordWillieNelson

My 1st car had a factory 8-track player in it. I was like, "Dad!, WTF is this thing!!?" It took me all of about a week to install a new deck in it.

M

minerva7121971

Hehe-and to think, I grew up when 8-track was all the rage, before that "cassette" thing came out, and people were balking at changing over. Record albums and even 45's were still popular. Wow am I feeling old!

I don't even own an MP3 player-surprised I even know what it is! LOL

M.B. &amp; Min

P

pikon198

ever seen the purple people eater movie... SCARYY!!! but i do remember that song so your not soo old,

*one eyed, one horned, purple people eater!!*

BTW if you look on the first page of stratics, at 4: 53 pm EST time i, pikon198 have posted replies tooo every post on the first page, it looks purty. Lets see how long it stays like that.

G

I gave birth to a pair of twins on April 13th.

But that year 4-13 was the saturday before easter sunday. I can still remember the joke the obgyn said to me, he said " I hope these two will decide to be born so I can still be there for my Easter dinner. " And I gave him that ...look and said ..LEAST YU GET AN EASTER DINNER if they get born today...me I get to spend my easter eating crappy hospital food ! MEH ! haha

I was shooting for my first born to arrive for my father's birthday April 14. Cuz all my life my dad kept saying to me..." why did you come 5 days late on grandpa's birthday 4-19 when you were due on my birthday 4-14 ! " Soooo I vowed to my self that my first born or borns would be born for my dad's birthday. Well it was twins they were due 4-14 ...came a day early ..in a hurry I guess to spend Easter outside of the womb ! HAHA

My father was very happy and celebrated his own birthday of 4-14 on the 13th that year, and mom too for they got their first grandbabies two of em at once ..on that sat. of April 13th, like lil easter gifts !
Course they FORGOT the birthday of their own first born child ...so hyped up with their first grand babies being born when my birthday came that year ...was the only yr. they forgot ME ! HAHA

G

i had an 8 track converter to cassette i might still have it somewhere

G

You're not old yet - got to be about the same age from your description.

My grandfather actually believed the Earth was flat and the Moon missions were all Hollywood! I'll think of myself as being old when a human puts a boot on Mars.

M

minerva7121971

Well, I may feel older than I am, but I remember my dad telling me about how he listened to the radio instead of watching T.V. while growing up.
Remember the first VCRs? They only had 13 channels, just like televisions, and they cost nearly $1000! (I remember the video disc players, but never had one.)
Even if you had cable T.V., you still only got 13 channels, and Mtv was only on half the day
(bet lots of ppl remember what the first video they ever aired was!)
I remember going to the candy store with a quarter and getting as much candy as I could possibly eat in one day, and getting cigarettes for my dad at the gas station when I was 6 or 7 years old.
I remember sitting in the front seat of a car with 3 or 4 people crammed in, and another 4 or 5 people crammed in the back seat! Seatbelts? Nobody used seatbelts. If they were there, they were tucked under the seat!
I remember before they banned lawn darts and all the fun dangerous toys on the playgrouds.
I remember when people never locked their doors...

G

I remember when Campbell's soups actually had 16 oz. of stuff in their cans. Ditto for Jolly Green Giant and nearly everthing 16 oz. now it's all 12 or 10 oz cans gyping us of a few oz for more rl gp natch.

I remember when I could dart to the local pharmacy which was also a tresure trove of candies and got me boxes of Good and Plenty's for a dime or quarter and they were full size boxes. . or a snickers bar for next to nothing bigger candy bars back then.

I can remember when ...the hola hoop was IN ! HAHA (first time around)

I can remember how proud I was to win Jacks and pick up sticks contests in summer playground/park/elementary schools and few times there I pwnd all the other kids in playing jacks and pickup sticks and there were marbles competitions. Nowadays kids just veg out in front of a computer and lots of cities don't even host summer playground/park/schoolyard events for bored kids thru July any more.

I can remember lots of things....one day I may end up forgetting em all and end up in a home for the elderly...maybe I will win the coloring book contest in *the home* but ya barely see those anymore either for kids like ya used to.

G

*giggles*

Well dang ...I can also remember when flying a major US domestic airline during meal hours actually netted ya a fine flight with a meal...nowadays ye lucky to get a 0.000001 oz. bag of stale pretzels on em.

------------------

I can remember when my lil boy was unattached and still a lil boy. Now he is a grown man and a wedding is coming in July. I just looked at their multi wedding registrys online...OMG OMG she turning him into a butterfly foo foo ! HAHA Dishes with butterflys on em.........for MY SON to eat off of..........??? Linens with PINKs and pastels and flowers and I ...can not picture my son sleeping in pink flowered linens...omg omg she has ........................domesticated my son !!!! or cast some spell on him or.. something !! I did not see one set of linens in camo ...now that is or WAS his fav color.......... he gonna be sleeping in pink and flowers and .....butterflys foo foos...STOP THE WEDDING ! LOL

lord I did not do that to my husband to be !! hehe

M

minerva7121971

Oh QZ, you can always give me a chuckle when I need it. My son is only 3, but I am an older mother. I can't even imagine the time when he starts thinking about girls! (He is my only child.)

As for the froo froo, I have to agree, what did she do to your son? Isn't he an Aries? Hmmm....
I never did that to anyone I was in a relationship with either, I always asked their oppinion on decor, and let them help if they would. Lots of times I got an "I really don't care what you do." That disappoints me more than anything, since I wouldn't want to subject anyone, even a male, to living in an environment not agreeable to them.
One thing I do know, two people who really really care about how their environment looks have to learn very quickly how to compromise!

Congrats on the wedding, if it has happened, good luck if it hasn't, and just remember, you don't have to live with froo froo you don't like! (try not to look too disgusted with pink butterflies when you visit-I know you're an Aries!)

M

Maith

LOL QZ!

My hubby and I compromised on the pink stuff ... I can have it but I have to be sure he has things to make him feel at home too ... and no cute pins or pinkness on them! IE, I could frame his Cleveland Browns jersey in a nice frame that matches my pink room but I can't put a cute pink fuzzy pin on it LMAO. I can put a pink pillow in the car on my side but none of the stickies they put on VWs on his car on the outside.

I have been sick. I got sick last week and still have this cough. The doctor gave me an inhaler ... it's not working. But that is not what I want to babble about tonight.

So, I looked up home remedies cough on google ... came up with a nasty recipe ... cayenne, ginger, honey, vinegar and water. Nasty. But I am desperate. I gave it a try! It burned like heck going down and it kind of got caught in my throat since I had my nose plugged and was holding my breath. But, it seems to have quieted the cough considerably and the wheezing is a little better. I don't know if I can choke any more down! My ears are itching from the inside so I guess the vinegar is doing its magic in there ... my stuffy nose has cleared right up ... that would be the cayenne I am guessing.

I will give it another try tomorrow if I can get it down and see what happens. So far, I am thinking it actually is working better than cough syrup! I still used the inhaler but ... oh I just burped ... whew no nasty after tastes!And I just took a nice big breath ... maybe there is something to this herbal thing!

But the taste ... oh the taste was bad!

G

haha Vinegar cleans our clogged sink drains too ya know. Vinegar and baking soda tossed at the drain in the sink same time, after ya got the water very hot out of the tap. Some chemistry happens with that combo of the hot water vinegar and baking soda ..to looking like a smoldering fizzling white mass in the sink that races down the drains with the hot water. End result spankin clear drains...no surprise ... that vinegar is clearing up ye ...nasal passages or whatever too. haha

Now in our house we have some his and her rooms.

Living room lace ecru curtains and natural tone froo froos...that be my room and there oddly is a painting of a queen knighting a fellow, on my wall above my computer in here. I have sun catchers and crystal fancies hanging in the windows to catch the sun as it sets making rainbows all over the room during sundown in here.
If there are butterflys they are crystal sort of like svor. crystals all over in here. . but they are colorless till the sun's rays flow thru em.

HIS ROOM the den...it has DEAD ANIMALS hangin on the wall, ya know that trophy trout mounted on the wall, the trophy pheasant birdie, an alligator head taxitermy city in there ..and entire walls full of gunracks rifles hangin on display...another wall full of cd and vcr versions of every flippin John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson and western film that exist, every James Bond and of course other manly films like steve segal action pics or Silvester Stal. films, oh yeh and ....um TOOLS no clue they do not match a thing in there but its a huge den 18 x 14 and well not unusuall to see him fixin his router on his desk while True Grit may be playin in his cd player thingie.

WE have his and her weed wackers too his too heavy for me to lift so i gots me own weed wacker, but no its not pink..it's industrial yellow weed wacker ..his is gas operated so that makes it heavier and I can not function that one.

Not sure about our kitchen...it is a combo of both of us. I guess his and her cook books his more like emeril and mr chefs on the cooking channel, and mine are the other ones like cookies and cakes cook books or mex chinese italian cookbooks. We actually have two refrigerators in our kitchen and one holds dt pepsi and one holds Budweiser...other than that the two frigs are identical. haha

G

Yes he IS Aries and she is ...Pisces !

I dont know he just seems to be going with the flow of whatever she wants she can have for decor. I did see the newest sheets in the latest *Walmart* flyer with spiderman and pirate sheets seriously jokingly gonna get them ALSO a queen size set of either one or the other of those..or...CAMMO ! haha I just gots to do that.
SHE HAS PAINTED the spindles like mini fencing rails that are on their new englandy home's wrap around porch ... in pastels like pastel rainbow per spindle one is pale lilac, one is pale blue, one is pale yellow, one is pale green, one is pale pink, then repeat it on the next ones, then the next, all the way around the porch.

I guess if he was not in agreement, he would say so, as it is he just likes pampering her
they newbies in love , but give em time he will probably have his rifles on the dinning room table cleaning em over pink froo froo plates,or the pheasant he just offed be defeathered with pink handled knives or something lol !

M

minerva7121971

OMG-I hate pink sooo much, I'm glad I'm a female, cuz if I had to deal with pink and all pastels because my housemate(would be a female if I were male
) wanted it, I would probably buy the guns just to shoot myself!

I'm a Cancer, so my environment is important. I have girly things that I like here and there-lace curtains in the kitchen and bathroom, paper hanging star lamp with butterflies that show up when lit in the livingroom, some flowery tapestry rugs, doileys-love doiles-around the house. Candles, leather blue roses, pea**** feathers on the mantle, as well as dragon statues, rennaissance lamps, and daggers, with a batliff hanging over it.(Klingon weapon of choice from StarTrek)

Eclectic is an understatement, but I don't mind his swords and sheilds on the walls(actually, some of the weapons are mine), a dagger above every doorway(his strange compulsion), or dragon curtains in the living room as long as he is comfortable in his own house, too.

On the subject of home remedies, my mother finds them and tries them all the time, and my son's dad(we are not married, but live together with our son) is quite knowledgable as well, so I have tried a few myself.
One thing my man does for coughing when it is because lungs are filled with fluid, is take borage oil. You can find it where alternative foods and vitamins are found(health food store). It dries out your body, so you have to drink a lot to compensate(I of course recomend water)but it works to dry out that gurgling cough that often comes with a bad cold or pneumonia. Also, a little apple cider vinegar is great to put on your skin for a toner, helps fight off illness if you drink a little now and then, and a few drops in your pet's water helps them stay healthier too.
Homeopathic medicine delves into all these types of remedies. Too bad we don't have doctors in the US that can tell us about these natural methods of curing our illnesses. They are not allowed to by law.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You should put some pretty bows on the trophies

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what would match a dead pheasant maybe a combo of deep green and browns kind of bow ?? haha As for the dead mounted trout meh...bubble wrap maybe for a ..bow on it ! har

G

I actually used pink for my bridesmaid's dress a sort of pinky orange floral gown for her we got the pattern in the sewing catalog and she wore mauve leather sandles which looked cool with of course hippy flowers in her hair.

My bridal gown was white with barely see it pink trim around some of the white pearls. . wedding flowers and the wedding cake were pinks and whites but...that was it for the pinks. Our first house furniture was all Spanish so the heavy wood with some black wrought iron kitchen chairs that had orange leather on em.

I don't think we had even any pink towels picked out or anything pink for wedding gifts ... we both were more into natural or harvest season or autumny naturals sorts of colors than pinks.

Last time we had an overdose of pink around here ever was ...buying pinks for when we had baby girls and blue for when we had our baby son. haha But since the first born was two and we were not sure of gender we went with pastel yellow and pastel minty green till we had a clue what genders for sure the twins would be. We were glad it was one of each gender. Made life interesting watching two children same moment of birth nearly act so differently per child per gender *typical stereotypes* sorts of behaviors. Baby boy carried dolls like conan the barbarian &amp; baby girl carried em all huggies snuggie...does this surprise any of us ?? haha Fischer Prices weeblos...she toted em like passengers in the toy plane...he used his weeblos as bombs to hit his 10 month old twin sister with ...are we surprised ?? nooooo haha

M

minerva7121971

QZ-your new sig looks either very Libra, Tarot cardish Justice, or even Athena-like. Nice. I like it. What was your inspriation?

As for pink, I only have a son, and we knew this very early due to pregnancy complications and frequent ultrasounds.
So lucky me, no pinks!

Sometimes I wish I had another-twins to get both birthed at the same time-LOL!
I never wanted an only child, but unfortunately he and I have no choice. I know I was a bit of a tomboy as a kid, so I also know he's gonna scare the crap out of me with his daring stunts as an Aquarius with Aries rising! I was bad enough about scaring my mom, and I'm just a water sign with earth rising!

G

Well our son locked me out of the house when he was only three...as I went down the drive way to get our mail and I came back to the front door of the house to hear *teehee giggles giggles* ...he was being a cute smart arse. I asked him to unlock it but he could not seem to grasp the concept of reverse ...the way you locked went one way...the way you unlock it is the other way...noo he just kept giggling behind the door.

So I shouted very loudly MOVE momma breaking this door down then and I dont want you flattened under it ..cuz it will fall YOUR WAY. I bust the door down. Needless to say lil boy got a lecture and a very very long TIME OUT. I never mind pranks and jokes but only so far were two other lil ones in the house and I had to get back inside...soooo I broke the door in down and out to get back inside. Meh !!

-------------
As for the new sig, twas inspired by player justice *or lack there of* in UO and oft the peculiar nature of people in general many whom profess to be like justice knights protecting the innocent and all that and oft do so. Then they have the murderers they christen *buddies* which sort of fubars the roleplay ...or they judge act judgemental and they may be way off the mark ...saying some one just had to be behaving such and such a way...yet the person was innocent. Thus an injustice was oft is served by *justice* creating...injustice and unjustice. Justice is the name on that tombstone ..justice is dead or blind or biased or phoney it let people down it can become the very monsterous sort of monster or peoples that..it was created to protect us... FROM.

And those that waved the banner of Justice end up as if in a desert or sea alone, with their tattered banner flowing in the hot air...a symbol of what once was and died...hope in justice dies, faith in justice dies, trust in justice becomes a hallow shallow broken shell, and ye wake up saying...there is no justice for me..nor other innocents like myself, in a dog eat dog. Some become hardened and become the crime they once fought, in their feeling of abandonment of justice ..others just silently...shut down. Nothing is left but ...a tombstone with justice's name upon it and the tattered banner they once held high and championed for the cause/purpose and hope in all for and of...justice.

Thus... the sig and the link to the song below it...just another fricken day in UO paradise... I am not sure what to say about it surreal picture pasted together of disconnected thoughts of..broken justice in our UO world. *and oft rl too even more so*

M

minerva7121971

Justice is indeed fleeting these days-in UO, and R/L, I must agree. Justice is a battle, not a balanced one; a trial weighted on one end with all the people who don't care.
I guess I've given up on justice myself. Looking back on my life, it seems to have eluded me-I end up most oft on the side with the least people-those who actually try to care and understand.
I retreat from the world because of injustice and the pain it brings, the world of UO and the real world. We are not allowed to make mistakes and hope that things balance out in the end. They never do.

G

True that. But every once in a while something happens ...tiny though it may be that somehow someway enables a puny moment of joy or victory for...the underdogs !

In game it may be an idoc surrounded by player killers, greed, scripters and everyone intends to eliminate everyone else so their greed gets them everything...and then the house falls and ye hear em all exclaim ...wtf who got the lamp post har...............and well my lil bag of sending grabbed one thing stands as a symbol all symbolic like....that sometimes HONESTY and no macros even can win one for the gipper so to speak...as if the gods say...just this one time evil will not totally triumph nor scripters nor the killas...no we will let something nice land in the hands of tinkerbell for a change ! HAR

Rl kinda same way..gotta look for those tiny few and far between moments when everything seems to be like dominos falling ...only it ends up for once that it is not us that is felled nor fallen for a change.. its THEM ! HAR

Gotta look for those puny moments of triumph, it keeps us going !

M

minerva7121971

I sure wish those moments were not so few and far between, at least for me. I seem to fall, get up, only to fall again-the only hope is that I may not fall so hard or it may not take as long to get back up. I don't know if that's justice or destiny.

I had my moment in UO, my moment of justice, when I inherited my castle from a friend quitting the game. It was bittersweet, for sure, but enough of a good thing to keep me going in the world of Sosaria where otherwise I would have probably not lasted long.

In reality, I have a hard time finding instances of justice other than the most important one-I had a healthy child and all his problems from birth have been fixed. I count myself lucky for that because it could have been so much worse.
As for him being lucky he has me for a mom, that I see as a complete injustice to him.

G

Hi

Aye thou hath missed much babbling babble ! So get cracking ye need to babble bout something...or other.

How bout...DEADLIEST CATCH on Discovery channel...and who been watching that all day and all night besides me ?

I gots me fav captains too ! *sings bonjovi song to the intro of the show* Ima cowboy on a steel horse I ride................

Who wants some Alaskan crabclaws for dinner ?