• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Mesana @kyronics : Our Wish List for 2019..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have the "inside" a castle include all of the one tile at the front and not just the stairs.

Why:
To make it rectangular!
So we can lock down banners all along the front wall and not just on the stairs!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix the Macro Options on the Classic Client.
I want to "tame nearest mobile."
I can't figure out how to do it.
See if you can, and when you can't, please fix it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Fix the Macro Options on the Classic Client.
I want to "tame nearest mobile."
I can't figure out how to do it.
See if you can, and when you can't, please fix it.
Pull pet's gump from afar, then press a tame macro. Then go closer press macro, and keep moving, if lead taming. It works for me. If you have a high FC you may be able to quickly invisi. But I dont trust invisi as much as just walk and lead..

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They still need to redesign the way the macro is selected and the results displayed. Real listboxes would be nice, and nicer still if there were a way to delete or insert individual lines in the result box.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So... I can lore the pets on everyone else's pet vendors but not on my own?
Please fix.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My wish list for 2019 was all in 1 post.

We should change the name of this thread to Laura_Golds Wish List For 2019.

I'm going to unwatch this thread because IMO I think the list of wishes has gotten quite silly.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep..But some of the ideas are pretty nice! But the Devs ears are with waxy build-up..anyways!:)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a post from me that is not aimed at @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna :

I wish that more people who are not named "Laura" would play the game and note down whenever they see something that is any of these:

Buggy
Sucky
Not in keeping with Ultima lore
Fiction-breaking
Needs improvement

and then post those things in this thread in the form of "wishes."

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My wish list for 2019 was all in 1 post.
No it wasn't. You Liked one of my posts, the one about squelching characters named Avatar2 through Avatar7 that mention a specific URL in General Chat.

That's two. Y'all might find more to like if'n y'all re-read the entire thread from the beginning.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic client. Fix the problem with cu sidhe walking south tail leaving a trail on the screen.

Then find and fix every other classic client dirty rectangle bounding box not matching the size of the artwork -- or test and see if you can give up dirty rectangles altogether because computers now are faster than they were in 1996 (which is when y'all inherited the code from Ultima VIII and showed it at E3).

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do doors and teleport tiles default to the Security setting "ANYONE" every time you leave house customization mode? The LEAST secure setting.

First of all, change it so that it doesn't reset to a default setting every single time you go into and exit customization mode.

If that's not possible then at least change it to default to the "OWNER ONLY" Security setting which make much more sense.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make "Focusing Gem of Virtue Bane" be available again, because "Those are no longer available and cannot be gotten any more, you had to be there, sux to be you now" is poor game design.
Ditto "Spell Focusing Sash."

Beating dead horse: Ditto for everything that is now unavailable.

Kicking the beaten dead horse: Gaining and losing points for *everything* on our loyalty ratings, AND have rewards for those ratings.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Show us our integer points values for town loyalties, because I don't believe that we're actually gaining any town loyalty by killing spawn monsters, seriously.

Also show us integer points values for our Virtues... and let them increase to infinity and beyond instead of limiting them. Maybe not to infinity, but to two billion would be nice.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beating dead horse: Ditto for everything that is now unavailable.
No hope at all. When they added those OP 50 SDI slayer spellbooks as limited content I gave up on them. This game is set up to funnel new players into 3rd party RMT sites and they keep adding to it. BS would never cut into their profits, for whatever reason.

When they added Blackthorns after the Minax invasions, there was a bit of hope. They added a dungeon and everybody could still do the content and get the rewards, even if a year too late for the actual invasion. IIRC they even said back then that new content will be permanent in the future. It didn't last long. The market spun Mesanna in a matter of seconds. Because UO is all about "rare" pixels.

Last edited:

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like the shards to get unique dungeons. Example: Legends could get a new dungeon/perma event that would have unique drops to the shard. Maybe one of the rewards could be a piece of armor of a set that is specific to the Legends shard. Better yet, every shard could have there own unique armor set with slightly different properties. Even better, these armor sets could be combined in some creative way from other shards to create a super armor, or armor for pvpers, or for pvmers, or maybe some for bank sitting.

I'd like to be able to chop down the tree in my castle courtyard so that I might be able to upgrade to a different design.

I'd like to see a few options added to the house design tool:
1) Copy Level
2) I painting kit that we can use to dye or paint walls. (to mix and match different wall types better)
3) Maybe some sort of wall and tile creator.

I'd like to be able to retrain my pets.

I'd like loot to be slightly bumped on all creatures. seems like loot is getting worse and worse.

A vet reward option that magically makes all my lost soul stones reappear in my bank box.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would like NuJelm to be fixed... the beds there are a shambles... FIRE all the Carpenters in NuJelm and stop giving the alcohol!...

I'd like them to bring back Dread Warhorses and Bane Dragons... they could put those guys in that hole they created after destroying blackthorns in Ilsh... and find a place for the other guys also somewhere in Ilsh or hell even in Fel for all that matters... give the fellies something else to fight over... and guard. t2a perhaps... who cares just bring them back... or give us a way to get them...

Also... I agree about the slayer spellbooks to a point... but I'd rather they let us imbue our spellbooks... for pity sakes, all other classes can make decent weapon why can't the magic users?

How about a cleanup Britannia campaign of a different sort where you can target all the crap all over the world that needs to be cleared up??? All the stew, paintings, boat parts, and poles in the water, statues, hammers, and numerous other silly objects just laying about blocking up things.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would really like Haven and Despise put back to the way they used to be and the abomination that is Haven Mine blown to oblivion....:mad:
And restore Magincia to it's glory and beauty. We were told we would have a hand in rebuilding it...but instead they just made it an island trailer park.
I won';t say its the worst thing they ever did, would take to long to cycle thru all of em to make that decision, but it does suck as it is now

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah Magincia is like a Shanty Town too, I'll add that to my list of 'Things that should never have happened if the Devs had some sense'...

SteedaFLA

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Add a filter to Davies' Locker for Tmap levels / facets / SOS

Make the game instantly log out so I dont have to wait five minutes to change characters.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah Magincia is like a Shanty Town too, I'll add that to my list of 'Things that should never have happened if the Devs had some sense'...
The event was fun, but when we were etold we could have a hand in the rebuilding, I dont think anyone had what we got in mind...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They could have had a special clean-up event to rebuild it, with people donating resources, like ore, wood etc. I guess it was easier to just leave it like that. I was in a shop in Haven today and there were 6 shelves and 2 display cases and every one was totally empty, like it was just thrown together in a few minutes. Old Haven was properly built and looked like an actual town. The worst part is that new players often start in Haven and that's their first impression of the game, I'm sure it can't be a good one.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I used a talisman to summon a skeletal knight.
It did not work in Eodon, with "You can't cast spells here" -- @Bleak please fix

It did work under Trammel.

So I tried to hit my summoned skeletal knight. Nope, blocked because it's a pet even though I can't give it commands? I unticked all the "block war" checkboxes. So I hit it. But it did only ONE swing, then stopped! I expected to keep swinging until the summoned skeletal knight was dead. @Bleak please fix

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Update the login Town Cryer
"Fall is approaching" is now old news.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Enable legible journal" isn't showing the correct text colors for oh so much. Please fix.
(Edited)
Changing the journal background color to black, and then leaving everything else as it was, would probably fix pretty much all the problems. Talk to your artist about contrasting colors.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have vendors double as mannequins. Add the "switch clothes" functionality to vendors.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't scatter the contents of a house on the ground when it IDOC-falls.
Instead, keep them forever, and return them to the owner in a moving crate when he inevitably returns and places a house.
You have enough hard drive space to do this now. Your hard drives now are 20 times the size that they were way back when you had 200,000 subscriptions. There's no need to delete the items, especially things like soulstones.
This will mean that the only thing available to the players at an IDOC will be the house space -- which won't make a *new* house since everyone already has one and anyone at an IDOC who places will lose his previous location, and if he doesn't clean it out its contents will go into a moving crate in the new house.

Comments and arguments: please use the other thread which is specific for this topic.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Say, did you know that Enemy Of One gives no benefit and all downside when you are using a slayer weapon?
Can you fix that please?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also noted: some chivalry "spells" and plenty of others are "scaled" to 120. This means it sucks to be a noob.
Can you make noobishness suck less please.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rename "Cursed Oilstone" to something else, say, "Unprepared Oilstone"
Why: It's not actually cursed. You can insure it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Make SW Focus depend on SW skill alone and get rid of the need to depend on other SWeevers? Cause some of us play late late late late, and in almost empty shards?
OR Even better : Leave the present SW focus system as is BUT : Allow players with SW of 120 get level 6 focus by . themselves! There are NO people around..

PLEASE!!! WAKE UP TO REALITY!!

**Shouted a little, now winded a little, but feel better after shouting**
**Wife in other room says : What? I am awake already!**

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-armor stand that shows all stats/resists/ect..., make it easier to make suit. maybe as vet reward
This right here for us suit making Mules... I have been wishing for a mannequin with a character sheet for years...
Having to log In with another race to double check suit Calculations is a royal PITA... Or bouncing between uo or Excel... Nice recommendation Lord Arm :)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
An increase in the skill cap.

Why: Over the years, the skill cap has eroded. It used to be that you could be at the top of the game for seven skills.
This is no longer the case.
o Introduction of power scrolls and making 120 the top. At the time, we were told that this would be an increase of power (citation needed). We were lied to. Immediately, casting gate travel at grandmaster magery level went from "almost always" to "fizzle two thirds of the time."
Think of this as a loss of 20 skill points... for each of the skills that got rescaled to have 120 as the top (and it took a while for some skills like Chivalry to get rescaled, but it happened).
o Introduction of ancillary skills. Magery went from "awesome" to "useless for all damaging spells unless you also have Evaluate Intellect." Taming went from "works" to "it needs Animal Lore too."

= Etc. We went from being jacks of seven trades to being straightjacketed into "templates."

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Studded armor for gargoyles.

A (store) blessed statue that would allow anyone (including gargoyles) to take female elf form and be able to wear all the things that a female elf can wear and wield all of the weapons a female elf can wield.

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Savage Kin Paint: Allow it to staunch bleed attack by one or two ticks and give +3 to cold resistance.

Add Clumsy, Weaken, and Feeblemind to weapon loot tables and Imbuing menu.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't re-spawn a new Gregorio if the old one is still within his area.
If Gregorio can walk back to his favorite spot, then have him walk instead of magically teleport (and apply that to all monsters that are tethered).
See the other suggestions for Gregorio I made earlier in this thread.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re Zoo community collection:
o I wish the armor rewards were somewhat better and self-repair.
o I wish that a rideable ossein ram was one of the rewards
o I wish that the zoo collection points didn't degrade so quickly.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Name change quest. Why is it that changing your name is more difficult than changing into an elf?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Didn't know there is a name change quest. I thought you had to buy a token from the store for that?
I can't see a name change quest implemented as that would decrease possible revenue from buying the token. <shakes head> Nope, can't see this one happening.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I place an ornate axe into a backpack, I want it to go where I put it, and not be moved up to the top.
There are a lot of other things that don't go where I put them. Fix them all.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Change the Loyalty display to be a more universal Reward Points display.
Show Blackthorn dungeon points.
Add Blackthorn dungeon points up per account per shard (kind of the way gold is done already) so that any character on the shard can add to the points or claim rewards.

Ditto cleanup points

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make "stout whip" stack.
Are you sensing a pattern here? Just stack pretty much everything that has the same name and qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.