• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Mesana @kyronics : Our Wish List for 2019..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that Celticus's wish for bank robbery never comes true.

Edit:
I wish to thank you for letting my ship and cannons get repaired at Zento Dock.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A way to sell doubloons to other people because we all have a favorite grind and I have met people who are more interested in grinding for gold than I am and I am more interested in grinding for doubloons than they are

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic client: Fix what happens when you try to switch from 640x480 full screen to 1024x768 full screen.

Then fix what happens when you try to switch from 1024x768 full screen to 640x480 full screen.

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
A way to sell doubloons to other people because we all have a favorite grind and I have met people who are more interested in grinding for gold than I am and I am more interested in grinding for doubloons than they are
Just sell the cargo works, a simple solution to a non problem.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't listen to people who are okay with work-arounds rather than actual solutions.

Be your best, Devs. A kludge work-around isn't a fix.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix dragon turtle hatchlings.
They're supposed to be like greater dragons. Apart from not flying the other critical difference is:

When you want to tame a greater dragon, you can look at about 40 or so in one day before deciding which one to tame.
When you hatch a dragon turtle hatching, you get whatever comes out of the egg, and so 39 times out of 40, that's going to not be as good as the greater dragon that you would have tamed.

So hey. Change the lower limits of resists, etc., so any dragon turtle hatchling that you hatch from an egg will be better than 97% of greater dragons you find in Dungeon Destard*

*Richard Garriott could not spell "dastard" no matter how many times he tried.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fix dragon turtle hatchlings.
They're supposed to be like greater dragons. Apart from not flying the other critical difference is:

When you want to tame a greater dragon, you can look at about 40 or so in one day before deciding which one to tame.
When you hatch a dragon turtle hatching, you get whatever comes out of the egg, and so 39 times out of 40, that's going to not be as good as the greater dragon that you would have tamed.

So hey. Change the lower limits of resists, etc., so any dragon turtle hatchling that you hatch from an egg will be better than 97% of greater dragons you find in Dungeon Destard*

*Richard Garriott could not spell "dastard" no matter how many times he tried.
And the Frost Dragons that come from level 7 maps are even better stat wise most the time that a greater Dragon... Hatchlings should be more like that! Less like the pile of feces they are.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A better, consistent, way of boarding a plunderbeacon, so that melee warriors can get in on the fun.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
Don't let pets go feral for unhappiness. Having it not follow instructions is punishment enough. (This is a repeat for emphasis.)

@Bleak
Remove all "enemy monster makes pets go feral" and "situation makes pets go feral" that are remaining in existing code.

Fix the "My pet was fake-cloned by Navrey The Big Waffle Spider" bug if you haven't already.

Some people are reporting that they are losing pets due to crossing server boundaries while aboard ships.
Please fix this bug
OR
Do away with those server boundaries. It's not like they're really on real servers any more, are they.
OR
At the very least give us a real good workaround. Link all pets to a giant super pokeball at the Brit Commons or something like that.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get rid of the "overthrown" "underthrown" "perfect" calculations for throwing:
o It's too complicated.
o You can keep those if you give a much better visual indicator of when you're in the sweet spot. A gargoyle would automatically know. The character has skills and abilities that the player does not have.

Make more different throwing weapons.
Imagine how sucky archery would be if there were only three different archery weapons.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When repairing a ship, pull lumber, cloth, and ingots from the hold. Didn't it used to be like that?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix the Lost Lands map so that there aren't "sniper nests" in "spawn" areas.

Fix the Lost Lands map to reduce the "straight lines" in what should be wild areas.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've killed two plunderbeacon lighthouses and not gotten any reward. Please fix.

Edit: Killed two more, got mythic cargo for each. I wonder what I did differently that was significant.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Numeric arguments for some ship commands, e.g.
right 3
forward 2
back 4
left 6

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix the bug where a pirate ship's crew end up standing on the ocean instead of being aboard their ship.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix this pancaked up omelet. Pirate Ship's deck has moved forward, some of the crew did too.

PirateOffShip.jpg

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Superlegendary pet scrolls -- make pets able to be advanced to greater than 120 skill in the skills for which some creatures are superlegendary.

See also pet scrolls somewhere earlier in this thread.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can place a hitching Post in Roof? I think that is fair for change pet for different kinds of roof's boss
FYI there is a hitching post just outside the roof... you want to swap while doing the roof? What next are you going to demand a hitching post near every champ spawn?

Personally, I wish we could stable and retrieve pets from any location... after all a mage or a dexer doesn't have to go to a stable or their bank every time they need a different weapon why do tamers? But really honestly I think the DEVs just don't like tamers... as witnessed on the many many occasions that they promise us equality and then rip it away when the first bit of whining by the PvP community starts...

IMO there needs to be more of a clear separation of PvP vs PvM... So balances to PvP quit nerfing PvM into just sampire mania... as it is now PvM is all about the sampire... you should take that to the roof then you won't have to worry about switching your weapon...

But I'm with you really but it'll NEVER happen...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My Wish List:

1. A story arc that justifies removing item properties, pet training, reforging, enhancing, and all the other nonsense that has over complicated what used to be a straight forward game. Once upon a time you went out with friends or alone and killed stuff, explored, relied on other players for crafted items, coveted that Indestructible Supremely Accurate Silver Katana of Vanquishing, socialized at "The Wall" in Deceit, or in the Lich Lord room, White Wyrms were awesome, pure black Nightmares were "1337" you didn't need a spreadsheet to figure out what materials are needed and how to craft/enhance/reforge a suit of armor, or spending mind numbing hours farming the roof or other high end loot drops area/monsters looking for that better weapon or pair of pants. Days/Weeks/Months looking for that perfect pet to train etc. And you know what? It was fun. Sometimes simple is better.
  2. Who ever is pushing grind-centric content to find a new job, or a new focus. A large portion of your player base is middle aged and rapidly heading towards retirement. We don't have time for this nonsense, we have mortgages to pay and kids to put through college while working as much overtime as possible while we are still physically capable so we might have something to see us into our twilight years. Stop subscribing to game theory that is based around focusing primarily on time engagement and instead subscribe to one that values quality of engagement. Many of us would rather be able to spend 30 minutes or an hour an evening on quality content, that is engaging and has depth than spend 30 hours a week on repetitious content with a RNG scale for reward that makes even that time investment potentially non-rewarding. You don't hear anyone going on about how great "The Shattered Obelisk" arc was, but just ask them about the "Invasion of Trinsic" Quality over Quantity.
  3. Roll back all game mechanics by 18 years. [See No. 1 on my list this is the ;tldr version of it] You'll never be able to gain and retain any new players in any sufficient numbers if the game is so complicated they are disenfranchised immediately.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let us charge pet summoning ball to more than just 20. How about 99? Why not?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make all the tritons have the same stats at claiming, because "I got a sucky one" didn't work very well for dragon turtle hatchlings and you don't want to repeat that omelet.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Octopus Statue for me.

Finally would be able to complete my museum of oceanic collectibles .
Will settle for a scalis head, it has the scary looking tentacles

Oh and they should be dyable too...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do pets go "blue" when they should be "green"?
e.g. give your pet an "all kill" followed by an "all guard me" -- the pet will go "blue" in a couple of minutes anyway, which shouldn't happen.

Please figure it out and fix.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't make "temporary content"
This inevitably leads to items that are available for a limited time only
which inevitably leads to me telling new people, "that was available for a limited time only, you can't get those any more, you had to be there, sux to be you now."

Is this the third time I've posted this? More? Posting again because I heard a rumor that plunderbeacons will go away! Don't make those go away! *

*and I didn't say "pancake," "waffle," or "omelet" this time! Yay! Oh wait. Oops.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they don't make a way to get these Tritons later and forever it's going to be yet another Dread Warhorse/Bane Dragon... and IMO those things should be somewhere out in the world for people to get...

I've suggested over and over and over again that they utilize that hideously ugly spot they made by removing Blackthorns in the LL and put the Vanguard there ..... build something for them and put the Vanguard there so we can once again hunt the Dread Warhorse... but NOOOO they refuse... they could put some camp of Bane there so we can get Bane Dragons but again Nooo.... There are 100's of places that are totally under or unutilized in which they could put either one of these mobs... but they don't.

And I agree @Laura_Gold it will be yet another thing where you tell new/returning players "Oh sorry it was a one time event you can't get that anymore."... Or at least not without paying some vet player 100x more than it's worth...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Wish List:

1. A story arc that justifies removing item properties, pet training, reforging, enhancing, and all the other nonsense that has over complicated what used to be a straight forward game. Once upon a time you went out with friends or alone and killed stuff, explored, relied on other players for crafted items, coveted that Indestructible Supremely Accurate Silver Katana of Vanquishing, socialized at "The Wall" in Deceit, or in the Lich Lord room, White Wyrms were awesome, pure black Nightmares were "1337" you didn't need a spreadsheet to figure out what materials are needed and how to craft/enhance/reforge a suit of armor, or spending mind numbing hours farming the roof or other high end loot drops area/monsters looking for that better weapon or pair of pants. Days/Weeks/Months looking for that perfect pet to train etc. And you know what? It was fun. Sometimes simple is better.
  2. Who ever is pushing grind-centric content to find a new job, or a new focus. A large portion of your player base is middle aged and rapidly heading towards retirement. We don't have time for this nonsense, we have mortgages to pay and kids to put through college while working as much overtime as possible while we are still physically capable so we might have something to see us into our twilight years. Stop subscribing to game theory that is based around focusing primarily on time engagement and instead subscribe to one that values quality of engagement. Many of us would rather be able to spend 30 minutes or an hour an evening on quality content, that is engaging and has depth than spend 30 hours a week on repetitious content with a RNG scale for reward that makes even that time investment potentially non-rewarding. You don't hear anyone going on about how great "The Shattered Obelisk" arc was, but just ask them about the "Invasion of Trinsic" Quality over Quantity.
  3. Roll back all game mechanics by 18 years. [See No. 1 on my list this is the ;tldr version of it] You'll never be able to gain and retain any new players in any sufficient numbers if the game is so complicated they are disenfranchised immediately.

I vote for this!!!!!!!!!!! Amen and well said

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic Client:
You know, you log out, and you quit the session. Then when you start up a new session, that same character that you logged out with is highlighted...

unless that character was in slot 6 or slot 7.

Please fix. We've had seven characters for, what, more than a decade now? That's a long time for a bug to persist (and further proof that the Devs don't actually play the way we do, in case you needed it).

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How come the owner of the doors of my house is someone I don't know? Shouldn't I be the owner of the doors of my own house?
Please fix.

*edited to remove "pancakeing" and "this omelet"

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How come the owner of the doors of my house is someone I don't know? Shouldn't I be the owner of the doors of my own house?
Please fix.

*edited to remove "pancakeing" and "this omelet"
Are these by chance crafted doors? And if so did you use the correct facing or did you turn these doors with the housing tool? If you used the incorrect facing of the doors and turned them with the housing tool then this is your problem... you must use the proper door facing in order for them to work properly and be "your" doors... I found this out the hard way and was wondering WTF myself till I remembered I had turned the door.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic client: please fix the draw order of seat and sitter. Too often, the seat is popped on top of the person sitting.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Classic client: please fix the draw order of seat and sitter. Too often, the seat is popped on top of the person sitting.
This happens in both clients... not just classic... at least in the classic client you can see animated objects and you have a fully functional and working Circle of Transparency that you can actually use and increase the size of...

In the EC if I turn this on all animated object vanish from view.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please postpone unwanted / unneeded changes until after you have fixed a goodly number of the bugs listed here.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UO Historical Society banner automatic placement.
I qualify for a few of these now but haven't bothered getting one... first one would just be in the way there isn't a lot of room between houses and people would probably think it was for my neighbor's house not mine... and I already have a banner in front of my castle so ... really don't think I need more tripe out there. I never really thought much of these things anyway.

What WOULD be cooler would be if after you qualify you got access to special foundations, house signs and hangers denoting your historical status... IMO...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't require Remove Trap for treasure hunters after all these years.

If you want to make treasure hunting require a skill again? Take the last part off the Davy Jones Locker coordinate, which will make mining relevant again. We all have mining because we need it to get other stuff too, right?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't "get married" to dumb ideas.
Read the feedback. Play the game yourself -- but play it the way a real person would, not with your "god mode." Read the feedback. Play the game yourself. Read the feedback. Play the game yourself.

Don't "get married" to dumb ideas prematurely. Read the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.