• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Mesana @kyronics : Our Wish List for 2019..

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Please feel free to add your wish list.

Heres my partial one:
1) Magery and spirit speak already on pets should count for LESS training point weight, according to present day training point/playability value for pets, since pets have been deemed PVM items mostly.
They should ALSO make necro and spirit speak count for less training points. This change will make pets already with magery and necro onboard as fresh tames more valuable/usable, esp. banes, rams, dragons. Still waiting for them to do that. Someone from here with "privileges" at the uo forum should post this there (I hope). Maybe they will see it there..:thumbup: (@Khaelor , please as soon as the holliday is over? Thanks in advance, from all of us..). This will be a major improvement/tewak in the pet revamp.
2) Ram and Frost Beetle : Make them rideable? All beetles should be rideable anyways? What is so OP adding rideable quality to these?
3) Add the ability to remove useless moves/magics from pets in pets that are NOT finalized yet.
4) No need to add Mosquitoes to the bestiary.:) What we have now is pretty good, and will not even mention the word Mosquito again if #1 above is done. It will be celebration time!

Please add your wish list below and HAPPY new year to all. Yall a great group, and it has been a privilege and a blast to be here with you, love you all, even @Stinky Pete, who is awesome! (Sry Stinky, I had to say that..):ten:

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Color ID in Classic Client.

2. Deed book.

3. Remove the "Mesana" name from every item not received in our backpacks on holidays.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong Forums the Gods no longer dwell here....

1) Alchemist Satchel (Reduce the weight of limited amount of potions}
2) Return of Bane Dragons
3) Flintlocks and Blunderbuss

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Well..It is to their advantage to look in here time to time. Plus, hopefully one of the posters with "privileges" there can copy and paste there at least some of the wishes..I hope.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd like them to allow Necro pets to at the very least cast Animate Corpse... silly they can't.

I want a return of Banes as well.

Fix the EC Ghost image problem...

Optimize the game...

Update the list of things that are worth points to the Spring Clean to include the gifts given up through 2018... Give these things a turn in value...

Add new rewards to the spring clean... find some new colors.

I want a Metalic and Cloth Dyetubs that are dual colors more in the "fall" color line... darker colors... not more pastels...

Add things like the church like bench to the spring clean rewards... More tapestries...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah! More power scrolls to combat the vacuum created by the whole pet re-design. :)

I'd also like to see a new staffer who's soul job is Player Relations... that answers emails and PMs vs. ignoring them.
~ Also, to listen to suggestions and wish items like these.
~ Better news updates, actual news... like about shard-downs in the middle of the play day.

Lowering monthly fees to bring players back to UO.

Clean up of old EM rubbish around the shards that only adds to unneeded clutter.

Repair of old Event areas like the Black Castle... old Gargoyle City.

Perhaps a new addition that allows BASEMENTS! :-D

Perhaps, in that same addition, a new race. (Its been far too long.)

Repairing the long list of bugs and ignored issues like uncolored house runes.

I could go on... but I dont keep an active list. hehe

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix Justice. Abusing a second account to gain Justice is a sucky game mechanic, @Kyronix. Just make it so that anything that has a red name under Fel ruleset can be killed for great justice.
Oh, but then people would kill the healers? Well, if you don't want them slaughtered for justice, then don't give them a red name.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
- Thief disguise kits need to be removable. Right now they come off after 2 hours but if you log off they take all your macros off too. It's been 20 years and it's still not fixed.

- An end to new "EM Rares", they've reached absurd levels. In their place reward players with participation tokens. X amount of participation tokens could be turned in by a crafter to have an item custom designed for them. You choose the hue, the text and the base graphic. Designer Items that you actually really want, all 1 of 1 if they include the designer's name. Preferably shard bound to the player who obtained them so they don't all end up on Atlantic.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Tell that to Bleak who's already read this thread..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah! More power scrolls to combat the vacuum created by the whole pet re-design. :)

I'd also like to see a new staffer who's soul job is Player Relations... that answers emails and PMs vs. ignoring them.
~ Also, to listen to suggestions and wish items like these.
~ Better news updates, actual news... like about shard-downs in the middle of the play day.

Lowering monthly fees to bring players back to UO.

Clean up of old EM rubbish around the shards that only adds to unneeded clutter.

Repair of old Event areas like the Black Castle... old Gargoyle City.

Perhaps a new addition that allows BASEMENTS! :-D

Perhaps, in that same addition, a new race. (Its been far too long.)

Repairing the long list of bugs and ignored issues like uncolored house runes.

I could go on... but I dont keep an active list. hehe
What you see as clutter others see as nostalgia and a rememberance of something done in game... Gives a uniqueness to the shard and for some gives them a connection and sense of accomplishment...

Many places in the game bring fond memories...

There is a sweet little pair of baby dragons in Yew on GLs that I still enjoy visiting and reading them stories...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Many places in the game bring fond memories..."

[bcolor=transparent]I know! I know! Things hoarders say. :-D[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent][/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]I hear this for every excuse.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]So much is just rubbish from super monster event spawn that is meaningless to the vast majority... blocks recall spots... and otherwise has no meaning. We are not talking pre Tram. As I understand it, most of this rubbish is set for destruction... but that 1 person just doesnt take enough time out of an already busy day to clean out every bit of rubbish out of the dozens of shards needing attention.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]We do have the clean up system to help people clean out their houses for tasty treats. What motivation does the staff have?[/bcolor]

Merth

Journeyman
"Many places in the game bring fond memories..."

[bcolor=transparent]I know! I know! Things hoarders say. :-D[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]I hear this for every excuse.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]So much is just rubbish from super monster event spawn that is meaningless to the vast majority... blocks recall spots... and otherwise has no meaning. We are not talking pre Tram. As I understand it, most of this rubbish is set for destruction... but that 1 person just doesnt take enough time out of an already busy day to clean out every bit of rubbish out of the dozens of shards needing attention.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]We do have the clean up system to help people clean out their houses for tasty treats. What motivation does the staff have?[/bcolor]
Would be easily done just run a contest where players send in screen shots including coordinates of the misc junk shardwide. Some things I can see leaving behind as event memories etc. but other things like lines of barrels that were placed to block a house or a random painting in the middle of the woods these type things can go. Would give devs a pretty easy database of areas to clean without taking forever to find.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
1. Color ID in Classic Client.

2. Deed book.

3. Remove the "Mesana" name from every item not received in our backpacks on holidays.
I am missing the point for #3 : How would that help anything? (I am sure you have a reason, that is why I'm asking..I am not criticizing or anything..):confused:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am missing the point for #3 : How would that help anything? (I am sure you have a reason, that is why I'm asking..I am not criticizing or anything..):confused:
I think I might be able to shed a bit of light on this. "Mesanna" items are becoming so prevalent that some people view it as bordering on narcissism, also for a producer who is gaining a reputation, deservedly or not, for favoritism going around spitting out limited or unique items like a piñata at a quinceañera isn't exactly helping downplay that belief.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell that to Bleak who's already read this thread..
You misunderstood the comment, so let me clarify for you. The Developers no longer interact with the poster on Stratics. It has been that way, since the opened their forums.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think I might be able to shed a bit of light on this. "Mesanna" items are becoming so prevalent that some people view it as bordering on narcissism, also for a producer who is gaining a reputation, deservedly or not, for favoritism going around spitting out limited or unique items like a piñata at a quinceañera isn't exactly helping downplay that belief.
Now I see..Thanks!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see the MyUO part of the official website up-to-date and functional again, and have it once again include a "top 10 guilds" per shard and for the game overall, guild-level statistics, and a selection of relevant VvV statistics.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You misunderstood the comment, so let me clarify for you. The Developers no longer interact with the poster on Stratics. It has been that way, since the opened their forums.
I didn't misunderstand your comment. The way you had it phrased it could be interpreted as the Devs don't even look at Stratics anymore, I only posted to point out that this wasn't the case.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
They rarely if ever post here, but one would guess that it would be to their advantage to do so. Always hearing muted voices of what they want to hear is the uo forum. Objective reality on the other hand is Stratics. I bet they do go over posts here.
I think this forum has a log somewhere that may be kept for non-posting visitors. Unless of course they do not log in and just read..
Any rate, even if they do not : One of us can put all this together and post it at their forum. May be worth a meet n greet to discuss every single item posted if they allow us to openly discuss it with them that is.:rant2:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also like for characters who are not in VvV to have an easy way to determine which city in Fel is currently a VvV battle area. Maybe a command a character could say or something they could check via the character context menu.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One wish most wanted more and more and more ;) :
Kicking out the RNG and other not very fair reward systems for quests or in-game gifts such as at Artisan Festival or others - as Example Krampus Encounter now is a good one with horrible RNG-Rewarding.
Better ways would be you could collecting a sensitive number of points you get in an adequate playtime for those players with jobs and families also and let them use what they want to have as reward.

and as second:
Leave Halloween events in the game in whole or in part or at least create a way to get those rewards later on -
e. g. First Aid Belt, Painting of the Tribes (Kotl-Halloween) etc. . . .

and therefore: Bring back older much fun-making events back (Treasures of Tokuno, Treasures of Doom or Candle of Love as Example)

Make more Items stackable!

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Power scrolls on Ilsh spawns
This again? What is stopping you from GETTING YOUR OWN SCROLLS IN FEL? This subject is a dead horse that needs to stop getting beaten: There is nothing stopping ANYONE from getting their own Fel spawns done. Don't do them in high traffic areas, get enough people/use the right templates to kill them quickly, etc.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This again? What is stopping you from GETTING YOUR OWN SCROLLS IN FEL? This subject is a dead horse that needs to stop getting beaten: There is nothing stopping ANYONE from getting their own Fel spawns done. Don't do them in high traffic areas, get enough people/use the right templates to kill them quickly, etc.
Yes..this is a very hotly debated item we should not bring to the devs otherwise any suggestions we make may not be taken seriously at all. Please dont bring this up @Uriah Heep ..Much appreciated.:)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be easily done just run a contest where players send in screen shots including coordinates of the misc junk shardwide. Some things I can see leaving behind as event memories etc. but other things like lines of barrels that were placed to block a house or a random painting in the middle of the woods these type things can go. Would give devs a pretty easy database of areas to clean without taking forever to find.
OMG! I had totally forgotten all those stolen barriers with water in... all over the bloody place.

However... that does remind me... along with cleaning up old EM rubbish... old fallen houses in Fel MOSTLY show forgotten items that still stand, allowing you a slight reminder a house used to exist in that spot. Its more clear on shards that are half-dead... but its still an issue.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@Bleak @Kyronix

My wish list for 2019:

1) Add new turn-in items to the Clean-up system and create new rewards
2) Update Blackthorn turn-in system with equivalent rewards from Shadowguard
3) Add Elemental Champ Spawn (in both Felucca & Trammel rule sets)
4) Open Malas for keeps (or change customization plot max size to 24x24)
5) Make Gargish Glasses tinkering craftable (so they can be crafted/imbued/reforged)
6) Allow 50 points of imbuing on crafted aprons, sashs, cloaks/wing armor, earrings, robes

#6 is my favorite. It would allow further suit customization by giving crafting a purpose for these item slots. Please note the maximum of 50 imbuing points to maintain these as a minor suit enhancement and allow existing and future artifacts in these slots to retain their usefulness and value. Generally, most items slots are 500 imbuing points for exceptional (there are exceptions such as 2H weapons). For example, for 50 pts you could get 10 LRC, or 4 HCI/DCI, or 3 STR/DEX/INT, or 5 SDI, or 1 FCR. None of these would be game changing but address flexibility and customization to our characters.

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot one!!! :)

BOD books... allow them to be dyed with plant dyes.

Sick and tired of the only way to change the appearance being covers you have to pay real money for. Its hardly fair to those of us who feel the monthly fee is more then enough. Even if its a color per different craftable, it would be a big improvement.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turn off prison room transport in fel dungeon blackthorn. If people down there are annoying me, I can lure the greater dragon on them, or kill them myself.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want to be able to steal gold from people who aren't carrying gold. If they can magically get it from their bank, I should be able to do it too.

Also @Blackie you can remove disguise kit with oil cloth.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix skree intelligence. A tame skree will spam "greater heal" when it is poisoned which doesn't do any good because it is poisoned. @Bleak

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I want to be able to steal gold from people who aren't carrying gold. If they can magically get it from their bank, I should be able to do it too.

Also @Blackie you can remove disguise kit with oil cloth.
Stinky!! Talking about one track mind..You are awesome sir..

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it's fixed already, and I didn't get it yet since I am a RETURNEE who is still re-learning A LOT - but I HATE since early uo days that in cc animal health bars happen to disappear when u mount them (the pets, not the bars). And hopping on and off your pet is something tamers really DO and it's annoying that you have to pull the health bar again in big trouble...

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bug fixes should be priority #1 before anything new is created.

Reforging should be equal to loot to increase gameplay of crafters and imbuing should be have weight and mods increased.

A new dev team!! *mic drop*
I would be extremely tempted to sign a vote of no confidence in the whole team.

There are 10-15 year old bugs with zero attempts to be fixed while new and exciting bugs are introduced all the time. They ask for player suggestions on lots of issues to only accept the ones from those that attended the RL parties. What gets me the most is that we have to test their work for them while Basement Bill and his couple part time buddies can offer a flawless server for free.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> Reforging
Please scrap the randomness of that. Let us pick the results, and then have the gump tell us how many charges of which hammer it'll cost.
Serious improvement to reforging is needed in regards to the silly randomness. I used 60 charges on a barbed kit and still didn't get exactly what I wanted. That's four freaking kits.
Made some nice pieces but not what I wanted to get.

To burn 60 charges of a barbed kit I want to tell it exactly that I want INT bonus, mana inc, LMC, LRC, etc.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bug fixes should be priority #1 before anything new is created.

Reforging should be equal to loot to increase gameplay of crafters and imbuing should be have weight and mods increased.

I would be extremely tempted to sign a vote of no confidence in the whole team.

There are 10-15 year old bugs with zero attempts to be fixed while new and exciting bugs are introduced all the time. They ask for player suggestions on lots of issues to only accept the ones from those that attended the RL parties. What gets me the most is that we have to test their work for them while Basement Bill and his couple part time buddies can offer a flawless server for free.
If only it worked that way... but then I like @Kyronix... and @Bleak has tried and listened to me a couple times since we met... and I very much like the new artist... and now that they have given me proper plants that can be dyed I'm fairly pleased... Now if I can get her to fix a ton of things of which I recall sending Mesanna a massive list of things that need fixed art wise... I'd be pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.