• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Mesana @kyronics : Our Wish List for 2019..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are there critters that attack you, and you lose karma for self defense? Why? Today's example: lion

Please fix.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let us recall out of Shadowguard instead of having to walk down to the air elemental stairs

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remove gears from Dawn's Music Box, and be able to re-order the gears in a music box, or something something Dawn's Music Box.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix all the bugs involving recipes that have the same recipe ID (how did you make that bug in the first place!??).
Really, fix the bugs, don't just hide them, because you missed a spot.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix the exorcism spell so that it works. (Suggested by others.) If the body has already decayed, send the spook to a shrine, which then resurrects him or her.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Please add wooden bowls as something tinkers can craft. A wooden bowl is necessary for a cook to make a fruit bowl, but we can only get it by buying cooked vegetables from an NPC, eating the veggies, and then using that bowl.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Please add wooden bowls as something tinkers can craft. A wooden bowl is necessary for a cook to make a fruit bowl, but we can only get it by buying cooked vegetables from an NPC, eating the veggies, and then using that bowl.
Not to mess you up but I would think wooden bowls would fall under carpentry not tinkering... but that's me but Yes they ought to be craftable that I agree...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ungrindify skill gain.
e.g. Without resorting to unattended macroing, how many hours do I have to be casting Noble Sacrifice repeatedly to go from grandmaster to legendary chivalry? Isn't that a bit much? Ditto healing.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not to mess you up but I would think wooden bowls would fall under carpentry not tinkering... but that's me but Yes they ought to be craftable that I agree...
What would be wrong with it in both? (*) While I agree carpentry seems most suited, looking at tinker stuff, there are lots of parts and things that are needed by other crafts.

Sort of a tossup I think.

(*) belated thought ... wrong because it breaks the skill mold of something in more than 1 skill. might trip up the devs when it comes to coding or something. <thinks track record>

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix ALL situations where a pet would go feral EXCEPT petname release.

Fix ALL things that might cause a pet to go poof, and I do mean ALL.
From a statue? petname release should make it be feral, not magically disappear it.
Pet's aboard a pirate or merchant ship? Don't make the pet get deleted if the ship gets deleted! What the pancake!

Fix the bug where a pet gets cloned by Navrey. Did I already wish for that? Does it still happen?

Reasoning:
A trained pet represents an enormous expenditure of effort now (you know, because we don't have pet-specific +skill scrolls). We don't want to lose our valuable pets.
Some of these pets have been with us for YEARS. We don't want to lose our pets!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Fix ALL situations where a pet would go feral EXCEPT petname release.

Fix ALL things that might cause a pet to go poof, and I do mean ALL.
From a statue? petname release should make it be feral, not magically disappear it.
Pet's aboard a pirate or merchant ship? Don't make the pet get deleted if the ship gets deleted! What the pancake!

Fix the bug where a pet gets cloned by Navrey. Did I already wish for that? Does it still happen?

Reasoning:
A trained pet represents an enormous expenditure of effort now (you know, because we don't have pet-specific +skill scrolls). We don't want to lose our valuable pets.
Some of these pets have been with us for YEARS. We don't want to lose our pets!
Absolutely : Why they allow pets to go wild? Ok..I can see line of sight and unattended farming with pet etc. BUT : Make the pet inattentive, just stand there and not fight, or automatically auto-stable it. NOT GO WILD and DIE, loaded with 200M+ scrolls, and 200+ hours of leveling the pet! OR POOF in case of statuette pets like : Paroxy dragons that are so hard to get to begin with, and Tritons and other statuette pets!
They should have fixed this when they decided to have pets eat white PS player scrolls!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have faster-swinging whip weapons.
The one currently available is so slow-swinging that I suspect no one will use it in actual melee combat.

I wish you would make a faster-swinging whip weapon, and then give out recipes for it, so we can craft it, and imbue it to be competitive with the ubiquitous double axe. Just saying.

Edit:
Sprinkle this post with a few facepalms and at least one "what the pancake"

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have faster-swinging whip weapons.
The one currently available is so slow-swinging that I suspect no one will use it in actual melee combat.

I wish you would make a faster-swinging whip weapon, and then give out recipes for it, so we can craft it, and imbue it to be competitive with the ubiquitous double axe. Just saying.

Edit:
Sprinkle this post with a few facepalms and at least one "what the pancake"
Faster weapons reach the speed cap too easily. The whip is the perfect speed for my Macer. 211 stamina 10SSI and it is at fastest speed with more damage and leech than a faster start weapon.

BTW it is the same speed as a double axe. *facepalm* why do you think they like the double axe.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain you can read about the objections to the whip here:
Barbed Whip of Plundering...

...and they like the double axe because of whirlwind. It would be nice if that were faster too, hey.
I cant help it if they do not know how to build a suit to use the best weapons. The WW fencing weapon is very fast. Tell them to go give that a whirl. Your They is Popps....

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how to build a suit
Is it still possible to build that suit with contemporary loot? You know you can't get legendaries very often by bashing wind elementals now.
So, since this is the wish list...

I wish for: Make it so that a typical player can get an uber suit like Pawain's with contemporary loot that a typical player could get now by bashing monsters that he/she/it can bash.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use natural dyes, Tokuno dyes, metallic dye tub, etc., for hair and horn dye.

For roleplaying purposes, anyone should be able to pour a bottle over his head or soak his head in a tub.

North_LS

Journeyman
too late to get in on this? a gold-bought token or NPC that can change a wearable item to a different wearable item for the same slot. I HATE the way robes, capes, many headwear pieces look. let me change them over to epaullettes, quivers, or a hat/helm that looks better to me. right now im using a CLOSED HELM mage armor piece and some stupid tiger pelt chest on my tamer. it looks ridiculous. so much so that i've given up and thrown a shroud over it.

if that isnt feasible, at least add more items to blackthorns turn in so i can get some of what i need that way.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix this bug:
It's impossible to do / finish a dread pirate capture quest; bug came in with Publish 105. The dread pirate simply vanishes right off the pirate ship. Related problem, I'm seeing uncrewed pirate and merchant ships, presumably where the crews have vanished.
I'm on Baja, near Zento and south of Zento, and using a Magery Mastery pet.

...I wish you would stop introducing bugs like this one, and when you do, I wish that you would not let them go live. It doesn't do any good to have Baja be a final test shard if you're not going to delay a pub for a showstopper like this one.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can I wish for the next expansion? Did I already?

Is it Mars, the land of nude ginger robots?

Is it The Serpent Isle, and can you get a date with Frigidazzi?

Is it Pagan, where there are way more skeletons in the catacombs than there are live people above ground, and you become Super Avatar Brother jumping on moving rocks?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For melee combat, start the "hit" sound effect on the correct animation frame.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make it easier to update credit card information.
Why is it easier for me to cancel my subscription than to give you my money?
You really, sincerely, seriously suck, and this suckitude has been going on for freaking years.
FIX THIS AND SUCK LESS.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Make it easier to update credit card information.
Why is it easier for me to cancel my subscription than to give you my money?
You really, sincerely, seriously suck, and this suckitude has been going on for freaking years.
FIX THIS AND SUCK LESS.
Well seeing as how you haven't been offered a job from BS/EA yet based on your mountains of "feedback" I think they are actually hoping you do cancel :) .

Your posts have gone from general things that could/should be fixed to just straight up complaining & whining. You have also posted the last 7 of 9 things here getting gradually more grouchy. I was ignoring the obnoxious posts until the last one and now I'm finally giving you the attention you were looking for. So now that you got it; PLEASE stop complaining. If you really think the game sucks that bad just cancel your subscription (since it's so easy) and go do something else.

Thanks!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well seeing as how you haven't been offered a job from BS/EA yet based on your mountains of "feedback" I think they are actually hoping you do cancel :) .

Your posts have gone from general things that could/should be fixed to just straight up complaining & whining. You have also posted the last 7 of 9 things here getting gradually more grouchy. I was ignoring the obnoxious posts until the last one and now I'm finally giving you the attention you were looking for. So now that you got it; PLEASE stop complaining. If you really think the game sucks that bad just cancel your subscription (since it's so easy) and go do something else.

Thanks!
If every one of us who is as irritated and disgusted with the way things are going in UO suddenly all quit like you think we should... the game would close. There are a lot of us who feel the same way as she does... frustrated and fed up with the DEVs for ignoring the big issues and fixing stupid stuff no one cares about meanwhile the game is getting harder and harder to enjoy and play because it's such a boring grind... and for no or little reward. Meanwhile things that are irritating and getting old as far as bugs go tend to get ignored...

I've complained for years about the state of the EC and nothing ever gets done and their excuse is always "its' Pinco's"... stop using Pincos UI and it'll all be fine... but it's not... most of the problems with the EC are there whether you are using Pinco's or not. After awhile of watching these bugs go on and on and nothing ever getting fixed one tends to start getting irritable and whiny on the forums... since we know it's going to be ignored anyway we think why bother or SHAME the DEVs into doing something about it by posting a video of how terrible it really is... but then it only gets fixed if you are one of their "pets"...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If every one of us who is as irritated and disgusted with the way things are going in UO suddenly all quit like you think we should... the game would close. There are a lot of us who feel the same way as she does... frustrated and fed up with the DEVs for ignoring the big issues and fixing stupid stuff no one cares about meanwhile the game is getting harder and harder to enjoy and play because it's such a boring grind... and for no or little reward. Meanwhile things that are irritating and getting old as far as bugs go tend to get ignored...

I've complained for years about the state of the EC and nothing ever gets done and their excuse is always "its' Pinco's"... stop using Pincos UI and it'll all be fine... but it's not... most of the problems with the EC are there whether you are using Pinco's or not. After awhile of watching these bugs go on and on and nothing ever getting fixed one tends to start getting irritable and whiny on the forums... since we know it's going to be ignored anyway we think why bother or SHAME the DEVs into doing something about it by posting a video of how terrible it really is... but then it only gets fixed if you are one of their "pets"...
Once again you confused what I said. I didn't say if you are "irritated and disgusted" quit the game; I said if you think it sucks so bad then you shouldn't play. Everyone gets irritated or annoyed but I don't see nearly the amount of whining and crying from anyone as I do with a select few. I get it that some things are changed in the game and that aggravates people and sometimes they will post about how it sucks. The people I'm talking about are the ones like Laura who literally gripe about every single thing in the game; like UO cannot do anything right. It's toxic and rather than post helpful meaningful suggestions it's become nit picky things that have a very small impact to 99% of the population. People like this can quit the game and the game will run just fine.

You both kind of strike me as the type of people who go to a restaurant, complain about the food, the staff, the service, the prices, the wait times, the lighting, the bus boy, the seating, and your coffee being too hot...every single time you go to the SAME restaurant every week for the past 20 years lol. Just give it a break!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Once again you confused what I said. I didn't say if you are "irritated and disgusted" quit the game; I said if you think it sucks so bad then you shouldn't play. Everyone gets irritated or annoyed but I don't see nearly the amount of whining and crying from anyone as I do with a select few. I get it that some things are changed in the game and that aggravates people and sometimes they will post about how it sucks. The people I'm talking about are the ones like Laura who literally gripe about every single thing in the game; like UO cannot do anything right. It's toxic and rather than post helpful meaningful suggestions it's become nit picky things that have a very small impact to 99% of the population. People like this can quit the game and the game will run just fine.

You both kind of strike me as the type of people who go to a restaurant, complain about the food, the staff, the service, the prices, the wait times, the lighting, the bus boy, the seating, and your coffee being too hot...every single time you go to the SAME restaurant every week for the past 20 years lol. Just give it a break!
Probably because I remember when the food was awesome, the staff gave a crap about it and the wait time, the lighting was better, the bus boy wasn't a pig, the seating had more room and more people were in there, and my coffee was perfect every time, ..... but I still go there because my friends do and won't quit going there for some loyalty reasons or something so I follow them grudgingly.

But unlike them, I've found a bright shiny new restaurant to go to where the food is new and more colorful and tasty and I enjoy exploring the menu again. The lighting is nicer and the bus boy and waitress are very attentive...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that we could buy, sell, trade "Shadowguard room completion certificates" which would help on shards that aren't as heavily active as Atlantic.

==
I wish that the moderators here would clean up this thread by moving posts that are not wishes aimed at Kyronix, Mesanna, Bleak, Misk to another thread created for commentary on wishes / wishers.

(Wow, did I get through a whole post without once saying "pancake that omelet"? Oops, there I go.)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak please fix:
Shard: Baja, town Vesper. Mouseover of the town stone says the governor is Xelious Norwood, but double clicking says the governor is Vacant.
More information: Xelious Norwood was not elected. I think he may have been appointed by EM Obsidian (as King Blackthorn)

==
I wish that the moderators here would clean up this thread by moving posts that are not wishes aimed at Kyronix, Mesanna, Bleak, Misk to another thread created for commentary on wishes / wishers.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna please bring back the player memorials you removed from Baja New Magincia. Pretty please with sugar on it. Even just the harpsichord (even without the player -- just the harpsichord) would be nice, pretty please with sugar on it.

==

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna @Misk please fix "Paroxysmus dragon vanishes."

Treat "it came from a statue" pets in exactly the same way as "it was tamed from the wild" in every way post-bonding. Remove the special case code that makes the "from a statue" go poof, because it's misfiring sometimes. We're also seeing complaints from people who lost a Windrunner.

Also, please get rid of any code that makes a pet go feral other than "petname release"; having a pet sit there and not obey commands is punishment enough for spamming commands or forgetting to feed.

==

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My big wish for 2019 at this point is to lock this thread so I can stop seeing the same few people post every little thing they want changed to gear a public game towards their individual play :D
I asked for that in post #231... Page 5. I was met with kind reception as usual. Apparently, we have to break a bunch of rules for a thread to get locked so I can safely assume that your mother has the face of a gopher.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My big wish for 2019 at this point is to lock this thread
Apparently, we have to break a bunch of rules for a thread to get locked

We are not in the habit of locking threads unless they are way over the top or there are multiple threads on the same exact thing.

You have options to take if you do not care to see certain members posts:
  1. Unfollow the thread.
  2. Ignore the thread.
  3. Don't read posts by members that irritate you.
  4. Put a member on ignore by clicking on their name on the post then choose ignore.
  5. Break the RoC and get a warning and thread ban.
You have options that are not beneficial for you and I highly advise against doing:
  1. Make a post and report it to try and get the thread locked.
  2. Make a troll post.
  3. Make a post attacking another members.
  4. Make a post that violates any other part of the RoC.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Power scrolls on Ilsh spawns
Remove camping,taste id, item id, etc., from the pool that drops are pulled from

If you have a 98% chance to craft an item, fix it where it is IMPOSSIBLE to fail 3 times in a row trying to make 20 of an item
Yeah! Actually I suggest we just get rid of fel champ spawns entirely. Hell pvp can just be done in arenas in tram. And crafting should never fail more than once. Outrageous.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well..It is to their advantage to look in here time to time. Plus, hopefully one of the posters with "privileges" there can copy and paste there at least some of the wishes..I hope.
Wait... what? So how do players communicate with the dev's now?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
o Please allow a quiver to hold more than one item.
This would fix the problem where you can't just drop arrows or bolts onto a quiver if it already has a stack in there.
This would also allow for switching from crossbow to bow without losing the quiver bonuses.

o Please put recovered arrows into the equipped quiver first, and only into the backpack if the arrows or bolts don't fit into the equipped quiver.

o Already wished for: Let a quiver hold more than a stack of 500 arrows. How about a thousand?

====
@MalagAste I could not reproduce the problem you were having with arrows preferentially coming from the backpack. My quick test had the arrows always coming from the quiver first.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Wait... what? So how do players communicate with the dev's now?
The so called "main" uo forum, that they control with draconian measures, and if you post something they do not like, they remove the thread, or worse. Not a true free speech environment.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well since everyone else is doing it, I'll make my list. My pvp suggestions are never implemented unless they're butchered first, so I won't even bother discussing pvp balance. I'm also not a current player, because I think think this game is garbage. However, it has potential, and in spite of the fact that it's a long shot that my suggestions are implemented, I don't have anything to lose by making them; and in the of chance that they are implemented, I might actually return to the game.

1. New races (Dwarves, Orcs, etc.). Elves came out with Mondains Legacy in 2005 and Gargoyles came out with stygian abyss in 2009. It's 2019 now, and we haven't had a new race added since 2009. Why? UO is clearly a game that has more than one race, why not add more options? I'm highly confident that more racial options (as long as they're done right) would draw more people to the game. After all, UO is a DnD influenced game. Having only Elves and gargoyles as an alternative to playing a human makes the game (to outsiders) feel half complete. It's also not against Ultima lore or anything... As a matter of fact Dwarves and Orcs existed in classic ultima games and even co-existed with humans at times.

2. More casting classes (Sorcery, Witchcraft, Monk, etc.): this one might be a little controversial because lord knows UO dev's are always terrible at implementing new casting systems, but again it comes back to options. UO came out with Chivalry & Necromancy in 2003, Bushido and Ninjitsu in 2004, spellweaving in 2005, and mysticism in 2009; and since then... nothing. Unless you include Skill Masteries, which was a good addition, but was poorly implemented in a few ways and technically isn't it's own unique skill based casting system.

3. Class rebalances: UO is a "you can play any class" game, but you really can't. In pvp or pvm, who plays chiv mages or necro dexxers? This is where someone points sampires out to me, but it's not the same. A sampire just used the necro skill for the form. Who really plays a necro dexxer like a NECRO DEXXER? UO's dev's are terrible at this kind of stuff, and spurring them to action often results in a worse situation than was originally the case, but this is a huge reason I don't play, so I thought I'd mention it.

4. Remove and/or change stuff that is unpopular: such as splintering weapon, invis/tele jewelery, casting focus. Splintering weapon for example, was not changed for years. Everyone cried that it was op in pvp. Then slowly overtime, it became functional with less and less weapon abilities. So now splintering weapon isn't going to work with like 3 different specials, but it will for the rest? Does anyone realize how ridiculous that is? Try explaining that one to a new player... Why even have it in the first place? Now that it exists in games you can't just remove it from people's weapons, so instead of removing it, just change the way it works... remove the slow effect and make it work with all specials again... and how about invis/tele jewelery? What's the issue with that stuff? Are people crying that they paid money for those items and don't want to lose them? News flash: invis/tele jewelry would've disappeared years ago if not for duping. All that invis/tele jewelry around now a days is duped. OSI deleted a slither that I bought because it was duped, and I didn't even know it was duped when I bought it. This is all the kind of stuff that some people enjoy, but the joy that those people get doesn't even come close to comparing to the discontent that players like I have for it. There's no one who wouldn't play UO if splintering weapon and casting focus worked differently, but there's lots of people who won't play because of how it works now.

Last edited:

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The so called "main" uo forum, that they control with draconian measures, and if you post something they do not like, they remove the thread, or worse. Not a true free speech environment.
Lol believe it or not that actually doesn't surprise me. There's a reason Broadsword is developing for UO and DAoC and not one of EA's other games...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since The Fellowship is on the scene ...
I wish Ultimas IV, V, VI, and VII were remade using the Ultima Online classic client code, map, and graphics.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Now I believe that the thread I opened with good intentions, has deteriorated to include mud-slinging at some players, and also the game. It was not meant to do so, just elicit helpful suggestions.
As usually we, most of us anyway have no idea what the ramifications of some of the changes might bring. Also most of us love the game, or would not be here 10-20 years.

The game is the game, as it is like it or not. The "dungeonmasters" are the Devs, this is how they like the game or can fix the game. They have worked on the game, to do the expansions, revamps etc.

I think that this thread has deteriorated enough to close.
PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD, that sadly is under my name!
I wish I could lock it myself, but not possible.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Closed by request of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.