• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What did you expect? It was a lucky coin, after all.
Son has posted on Facebook that he is in a relationship, so I guess this is our official notification. Modern times, eh?

Oooh! New page!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What did you expect? It was a lucky coin, after all.
... and it wasn't lieing ....

Morning all and sprouts!

Now that link above surely should proof a hit for the Holidays with the family. And I thought playing with your WII is suspicious ... :mf_prop:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHO AUTHORISED THIS COLD WEATHER?
What you mean "cold"? -14 C° (wind-chill -19C°) is cold? Imagine how cold it would be without climate change and global warming *g*

Anyway ... good morning all and popsicles!

Interesting fact: if you take the wrong turn in the Underworld because you are completely lost and think "This corridor looks interesting", the flooring can kill you before you can even say "ouch"!

K

Kiminality

Interesting fact: if you take the wrong turn in the Underworld because you are completely lost and think "This corridor looks interesting", the flooring can kill you before you can even say "ouch"!
It's a little late, but I've got some solid advice for you relating to that:
Don't go that way.

Actually, I quickly reached the understanding that there was very little down there that wasn't trying to kill me. Yes, even the corridors...
So not paranoid!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The funny thing about dieing to tiles is, that there was some kind of solemn warning before I went there, which I completely dismissed of course. I mean, seriously, what could possibly kill you in an empty corridor? Now I know .... :gee:

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deep sigh.

I love christmas - I do. To some extent. And now I have a socalled vacation. Yay. Thing is of course, if you are female and have any sort of family - it`s not really a vacation is it. So much to do, so little time...

I`m stealing some of that time here and there to get the x shard trading done. Cause I just love opening up those pressies!

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Christmas time isn't meant to be cold, you just have to ask the Aussies about that ;)

It wasn't too bad down here, apart from the lack of gritting and the sheet ice..
It's both amusing and worrying to see one of those little electric invalid scooters skidding.

K

Kiminality

Now I want to see an old person with one of those, and an interesting in drifting.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if you can do drifting in them, as they don't have any real brakes, but they do great wheel spins and skids when you try to get them going up an icy slope, or stop on one :D

I must confess it was tempting to borrow m my mum's 8mph one to see what I could do with it on the driveway :D

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and John
My beloved cooked Christmas dinner, and son washed up.
Joy to the world!

K

Kiminality

I don't know if you can do drifting in them, as they don't have any real brakes, but they do great wheel spins and skids when you try to get them going up an icy slope, or stop on one :D

I must confess it was tempting to borrow m my mum's 8mph one to see what I could do with it on the driveway :D
They would probably lack the power to do anything significant on anything but ice, and then there'd be none of the necessary grip in the front wheels.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and John
My beloved cooked Christmas dinner, and son washed up.
Joy to the world!

See, it IS possible to train em :)

My hubby cooks, and he's cooking our christmas dinner today. Elder boglin was poorly yesterday, so we made a family decision to postpone until today, so she'd be well enough to have some too.

Our cats are in the doghouse. And I hope it's a very large, MEAN dog. One of our neighbours has a Harris Hawk that he's taught to hunt for him, and she took a couple of geese, one of which he gave to us. And which my rotten moggies stole and demolished. They're going to be in the doghouse for a while yet!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See, it IS possible to train em :)

My hubby cooks, and he's cooking our christmas dinner today.

Our cats are in the doghouse. And I hope it's a very large, MEAN dog.

They're going to be in the doghouse for a while yet!
As as 21st century man I cook the Christmas dinner every year :hug:, and the roast every sunday.

I also have a few German sheperds that your cats could come and stay with for a few days, im sure they would love to share their bed and teach them a thing or two about dining standards.

Our new edition to the family can be seen in my sig below, She is 12 weeks old now and was brought up with cats. She even purrs when petted go figure :blushing:.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and purrers!

So, Christmas behind us and New Year ahead. Christmas was quiet (except for a small accident two days before, when I slipped on black ice at work and fell down half a dozen steps .. made Christmas quite colourful, especially on the behind *g*).

Now it's snowing and it's quite a winter wonderland outside ... which makes a change, since it's normally raining for New Year. I better watch those icy pads again ....

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anybody miss me?

At least i feel totally lost - just was at WBB and geez - is that the christmas deko or what - i thought i was at the entrance of a Theme-Park :p

Edit: and where is my signature?

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ello Crest, it's been a while since I remember seeing you around :)

Evening all, Happy New Year for later :

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye - Best wishes for the year-turnover to all you kind people - been a bit around last night visiting places :) - also upgraded to abyss and now need some time to actually understand the game again - feel like a total n00b ;)

Edit: And the total n00b was total pwned when i was visiting old friends' locations to see if they are still about - happen to recall into a PvP Practise Hour it seems - various people were fighting each others and they (or at least two) seem to welcome the apearance of a fresh victim.

So after about 5 sec i had my first 'Being PKed-Experience' since my return thanks to a red called The Raidinator (a name wich connects more to WoW than to UO in my head ;)) - but that then leads to a very nice meet with a nice and friendly guy named Dread Heart, who even seems to know me better than he admitted (;)) - at least i think so - but it was heart-warming and i am thankfull for that warm welcome :).

He gave me a res and let me collect my stuff - wich i then lost again to one of his fellow fighters after i was heading to my own place :)

All in all its good to know that the Game is alife still and havent lost its adventourous spirit - something most other games can not compete with.

My greetings to all involved people, who just been all very kind to me ;)

P.S.: Can i have my Dye-Tub and my Dyes back please :p

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Now that should do it ...

Morning all and hangovers! (which is indefinetely better than leftovers, I think)

Started the new year with being murdered over and over again by forgetful waiters .. or something like that in the Abyss. They sure didn't forget to clubber me *g*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning people.
What kind of dye tub was it Crest? Dyes are easier to buy new ones than try to meet up with someone in game :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and a belated Happy New Year. My rotten children gave me the flu lurgy; in desperation, I tried pickling the thing on New Years Eve. I felt pretty bleugh yesterday, but I'm ok today, thank goodness. Petra, I'm back!

Crest, if you'd like to hook up in game, we have two lots of public dye tubs, every kind, in the guildhouse and guildshop, I'll be happy to show you where they are and mark you a rune. I don't know what time you recalled to find your friends last night, but there was an IDOC over there, and I know some of my guild had a small house set up to fight from, so you might have gotten caught up in that. If you'd like some people to fight alongside rather than with, give me a shout :)

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Hey and thanks for the kind words - but no worries - was just joking about the dye-tub - its the only thing i definately know loosing :) - normal one - already replaced it and also the dyes :)

Might also have given my attackers some holliday items wich i was carrying due to the fact i only logged in a few times over the last years and so not knowing exactly what i was carrying around ;)

Cailleach: i also have the flu - but getting a little better each day now - hope youre getting well soon, too.

IDOC might be a good explanation for what was going on - or did i missunderstand you guessing and you actually were there witnessing my foolishness?

And thanks a lot for the kind offer - i am not really in need of the various dye-tubs atm, because first i have to learn about all that receipe and material changes in game before i can go back into business. Speaking of Business - is the DoT still around? Somehow i cant find my Trading Licence for Trinsic right now ;)

Talking about fights - well - i am still a pure crafter - though probably the most outdated one at the moment ;) - so fighting is not really an Option - but i always enjoyed to watch the fights - are there Player Hold Tournaments still?

Attachments

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just about got the flu beat - still all snuffly and croaky, but at least I can move without hurting, always a bonus, as is the lack of sneezing; I was kinda convinced I was going to leave my brain on the monitor for a while there, but it's still between my ears, thank gods :p I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and if folks out there have the lurgy, I hope you feel better real soon. Echinacea and Menthol BP crystals are your friends!

Crest, DOT are still about the place - try the global chat. Good place to hook up with all sorts of interesting folks. And if you need anything, feel free to give us a shout; we do a nice line in helping returnee type folks settle back in :)
I wasn't at the IDOC last night; some of the guildies do Fel, but I don't. If you saw a SAOR tag, that's our mob. Serafi was there - her tailor mage is even fiercer these days, and I hear she gave as good as she got!

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe - aye - [Saor]-People were there - saw S. Bears and Weasel and Antinea :)

never used the chat thing in UO - maybe should give it a try :) - and might come back to your offer, but for now i like the exploration of things ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They've drastically changed the chat, Crest. It's a good deal more useful now.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, it can be. But you can also make a channel for a guild or other group to talk together.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we formed an event chat channel the other night for the run round ishena, I felt it made it alot more fun. Shareing info etc but also felt more like a community thing, we were all spread out but still in contact. No one needs get left behind or lost anymore.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and babblers.
I have a sore throat and am not talking much.
Also it is snowy outside.
The cat, however, is curled up and happy in my lap.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and Saunders.
Sore throat = not fun. I hope you get well soon.
It´s really cold outside. -22 celsius at the moment. An uncle, who still lives up north, had -38 this morning.
And the cat doesn´t feel like curling up in my lap. He´s got too much energy and just wants me to chase him around the flat. That he can forget, cause I´m curling up on my own in a chair at the comp with a cup of hot tea (and maybe a little whisky as well :shots:)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and frosties!

It's only -9°C here, so almost cosy :thumbup1:

I tried to find the entrance to that Dragon Lair in the Abyss the other day, but coulnd't get in for the love of Blackthorn. Couldn't find anything on Stratics either ... now what am I missing? Oh, and that Medusa's place I can't find either ... guess I am getting totally ba-lind in me olde days ... :confused:

C

Coppelia

Helloes!

New job, less time :(
I lost a full batch of plants by postponing my logging in... and here I am, like 2 months later... The plants are deader than dead.
I hope I'll have more time to Ultimate my Onliness. I'm just recovering from gastroenteritis so I used my dizzy mind time to think about how I miss UO. :)

How are you all?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all and new-jobbers!

Woot ... haven't been posting for a few days and the babble-thread is on the second page? Can't rely on anybody anymore these days .... :drama:

Hope you're feeling better again Copp ...

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening all and John.
Too much snow here. It melted today but they keep promising us more.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don`t think anyone will be able to log in tonight. Servers been down an hour - this doesn`t bode well.

And I had the suit I worked on all figured out as well, and theres an eager guildmember waiting to get it finished.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and hiders!

*looks around*

Oh, people are hiding very well again .... *seeks*

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon all and Barian (since this seems to be the proper greeting pattern here).

Well Well - i am back to work - so no UO here but babble :)

I am slowly getting back into Sosaria - strolled around, tried new stuff, getting confused by the receipe-thing atc - all in all its nice to be back.

Now i have to decide about where i want to live - found a nice 13x17 plot south of Luna directly at the Street, but i am not sure if i really want to stay there - somehow my heart
belongs to the old lands called Brittania :) - so i guess i will continue my search there for a place to settle.

How is everybody doing? Is the Grip of Winter releasing your world slowly as well?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good evening all and all
A long evening working on Excel, and no play.
Soon I will become dull.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning! (breaking the pattern ... oh, what a rebel! :thumbup1:)

Still cold here, which is nice since there is a lot of snow and I just hate it when it all melts into a nasty, dirty slush. So, the longer it's cold, the less the slush-factor ... hmm ... might that be an idea for a TV-program?

Anyhow, the babble's been opened for today, so off we go ......

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
g'morning all. Apologies for absence. Life has been a bit chaotic this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.