• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coffee to calm nerves?
You need a big cup of hot chocolate. And then more chocolate.

Coffee calms nicely. Just make sure you get the rum ratio correct :)

Glad to hear you're ok - the bosses car can be fixed or replaced; much harder to do that with humans!

J

JPDefault

Coffe and chocolate are both stimulant, but I'd take a hot cup of dark choco right now. :D

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning a... wait there, it IS suspiciously guiet in here! Where is everybody? :(

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning a... wait there, it IS suspiciously guiet in here! Where is everybody?
running out to do the school run and getting to work. not even enough time for coffee :(, hope there's some fresh coffee later. Play on peeps.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could have sworn I posted here yesterday. :(

Wish me luck, my son is supposed to be re-building my pc today.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bits they wanted to buy, that were in stock on Friday, are out of stock now we want to buy them :(

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bits they wanted to buy, that were in stock on Friday, are out of stock now we want to buy them :(
Ain't that always the way :(

I'm a happy bunny today. I just got a huge parcel with loads of lovely soap and lip balm making ingredients in it; peach kernal oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, palm oil, coconut oil and lots of dinky lil 10ml pots for lip balm and some 20ml pots for my special anti bacterial cream. I've made a tester lip balm, just waiting for it to cool and set, see how it turns out but I'm itching to get the cold process stuff underway and I can't til the kids go to school tomorrow. The thought of my little troubled one in the same house as an active caustic soda solution is not a happy one. But oooooh, I'm all impatient now!

J

JPDefault

'Afternoon.
Is beer soap edible? My fiance now wants to know how to make it. She's got alot into alchemy after reading about the Saponifier of Correggio.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Afternoon.
Is beer soap edible? My fiance now wants to know how to make it. She's got alot into alchemy after reading about the Saponifier of Correggio.

It's not hard, just use the flat beer of your choice instead of water when making the caustic soda solution for CP soap. Simples :D

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon all!

I am getting some playing time! Playing time as in not only log in to do bodruns/water flowers - but some real time. Yay. What to use it on....*ponders*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon all!

I am getting some playing time! Playing time as in not only log in to do bodruns/water flowers - but some real time. Yay. What to use it on....*ponders*

Go and get all of the halloween costumes and robes? I have a full set of cossies now, got the shadow wyrm this morning. So I'll be working on robes next - I'm stockpiling yellow and blue crystals like mad!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That quest is not for me. Which is why I paid loads of gold to a guildie the other day for blue crystals. Some things I have no problem grinding, and doing over and over again. Other things I can`t really stand - and this quest is one of them. I am so glad UO lets me just buy stuff:)

Think I perhaps should take out a pet for a spin. I was able to survive Bedlam last week, for multiple minutes. And when the screen went grey, as it normally does, I even managed to head back in and get the corpse. First time, ever! That place is evil...

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell me, o gurus of stains and such....
If I buy a whole boatload of bolts of cloth, or, in a fit of excitement, weave a whole boatload...
Then can I dye them with fire plant stain?
and will the resulting cloth be fire coloured like bod reward cloth?
And what about white stain?
I know that bolts can be dyed with a normal dye tub.
Just wondering... Has anybody tried this at home yet?

M

Miss Polly

well...

You cant stain :-

bolts of cloth
cut/combined cloth
wool
cotton
yarn
thread
(have not tried that new dark 'Britannian Wool')

But you can make say cloaks/robes, stain them, then recycle/cut them back into cloth with a talior and they retain there stain colour.....

Probably might as well stain item after you make it by that method though, unless you are making some things that uses less cloth than you get back perhaps?!

Hope this helps :)

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankee Miss Polly. Thus you can't stain stackable cloth-related stuff, and so the values of the BOD cloth won't be totally wrecked.

Morning John and people. I am an afternoon. :D

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all.

Housework - check
Mod jobs - check

Next on list is lip balm. A little market research here - what flavour lipbalms do we like folks? So far, I've got peppermint, cinnamon and vanilla. (vanilla from Grenada!) Need to get hold of orange and lemon, maybe a little strawberry and coconut too. Would rose work? Got some nice rose oil here. What do you all think?

M

Miss Polly

Next on list is lip balm. A little market research here - what flavour lipbalms do we like folks? So far, I've got peppermint, cinnamon and vanilla. (vanilla from Grenada!) Need to get hold of orange and lemon, maybe a little strawberry and coconut too. Would rose work? Got some nice rose oil here. What do you all think?

I'm a strawberry girl! :)

(not sure about the rose myself but im sure other peeps will like it)

Have fun making :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a strawberry girl! :)

(not sure about the rose myself but im sure other peeps will like it)

Have fun making :)

I'm loving it. Making things that give people pleasure and make them feel good makes me feel good :)

The Grenadian vanilla doesn't work with my lip balm base, so I've just ordered some special flavour oils. We have

Chocolate
Cherry
Cola
Bubblegum
Strawberry

As well as the cinnamon and peppermint. I've had to stop making CP soap as I've no more room to cure it with 40+ bars sitting in the cupboard! Time to sort out a proper sized rack, methinks!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are showing dangerous signs of addiction, petal.
My son likes mango flavoured lip gel.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Applied where?

(OK - I might have pushed the Europa Babble boundaries a bit here - but I has a boredom)

*waits for post-deletion by teh ebil modz*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are showing dangerous signs of addiction, petal.

Not really. It's logical - it takes 4 - 6 weeks for each batch of soap to reach a stage where it can be used. There's only 4 batches of soap up there curing, and the sooner I make it, the sooner it cures and the sooner it cures, the sooner I can sell it and make the cost of the ingredients back. Much as I love my makings, I do need it to be self funding, so I'm going to set up an e-shop :)

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cherry! I know it´s really not supposed to be eaten, but still - it sounds yummy. When you open your e-shop. Will you send parcels abroad?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cherry! I know it´s really not supposed to be eaten, but still - it sounds yummy. When you open your e-shop. Will you send parcels abroad?

I'll be happy to send parcels anywhere the postal service will take them :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you selling through Etsy?

That's one of the sites under consideration atm. My husband might be able to set up a site too, which I think would be better - if I don't have to pay anyone else, I can keep my prices down, which is always good.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is true. My sister uses Etsy, but they don't seem to be that well known, which kind of defeats part of the object.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is true. My sister uses Etsy, but they don't seem to be that well known, which kind of defeats part of the object.

Yeah. He has a site ready, apparently, he's just working on getting it ranked. He also says that he's not setting me up a shop until I have a LOT of stock ready, CP soap included. I'd rather make a dozen of all my lil beady things, as well as a dozen bars each of the melt and pour and lip balm and bill the CP as coming soon. I'm hoping to sell everything without getting snowed under or running out all the time, which should be an interesting line to walk. I think if I make things as a '10 available' or similar, it shouldn't be too hard.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did someone say whiskey flavoured lip balm? Honey's good too, I used to have a really lovely honey balm that was lub.

Oh and Etsy's cool, I'm on there with my beady things and love it. Folksy's another one some of my fellow Etsians are on too, but I've not tried it or Dawanda yet.

You'll be the first mod to tell posters to wash their mouth out with soap and water, then provide the soap too :D

Keep us posted!

Wenchy

M

Miss Polly

I have a fledgling shop on Coriandr - I think it's cheaper to list items than Folksy/Etsy.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and cherry lips!

I don't know anything about all those fancy Luna shops you are talking about, but I like the idea of a mango lip balm! :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.