• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wenchy, as part of my CP soap research, I've learned to make shampoo, laundry soap and washing up soap too - so posters who need their mouths washing out can have a choice! Oh, and I can do honey lip balm - I want to find a local supplier for the honey, if possible. If not, I'll have to make do til my Dad gets some honey from his hives next year. Won't be local, sadly, but I do know it'll be good stuff :)

Whiskey lip balm would be interesting - I might get hubby to pick up some miniatures when he's next in town, see what I can come up with. I'm guessing heat would be an important factor; don't want anyone who's otherwise sober blowing positive cos they're wearing my lip balm!

John, I can't remember if I ordered mango butter or not. I know I ordered Macademia oil, but I honestly can't remember about the mango. Parcel was sent by courier yesterday, so I should get it tomorrow, with a bit of luck. I do love getting my raw materials parcels; I can never remembered exactly what I've ordered, it's like christmas morning!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll be the first mod to tell posters to wash their mouth out with soap and water, then provide the soap too :D

Wenchy
Petra may want to place an order for the soap sarnies she used to threaten Trevvy with

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*laughs* Poor Trev ;)

Better not put whiskey in the soap too, or folks will be lining up for one of Petra's soap sarnies!

Wenchy

S

<Seth>

Tbh tho, its the part of internet that actually is fun, saying stuff that would make ppl knock you teeth out but not taking those nasty consequences of it. rolleyes:

V

Vaklu

Lol My mum used to make soap...

Thought i'd have a piece of the babble:lol:

V

Vaklu

Not a clue :p She used to stand at the cooker with a big pot and put loadsa smelly stuffs into it with a friend :D

Some of it actually turned out alright, To my surprise...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a clue :p She used to stand at the cooker with a big pot and put loadsa smelly stuffs into it with a friend :D

Some of it actually turned out alright, To my surprise...

That sounds like cold process. Do you remember lye/caustic soda/sodium hydroxide being involved? Clear liquid, burns the skin, very nasty smell and a lot of heat generated when the crystals are first put into the water.

V

Vaklu

Lol Saunders..

And yeah she did use something like that Cail. Or atleast she told me i'd look all zombified if i touched it lol

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol Saunders..

And yeah she did use something like that Cail. Or atleast she told me i'd look all zombified if i touched it lol

Yeah, that's the stuff; gives me the heebie jeebies to even think about my kids anywhere near it! Zombified isn't the half of it.

I'll be glad when I hit leg soapmaker too; you've no idea how much time I'm spending doing research on the subject. And making lotions. Nappy rash creams, shampoo, etc etc. And I was crap at chemistry!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tbh tho, its the part of internet that actually is fun, saying stuff that would make ppl knock you teeth out but not taking those nasty consequences of it. rolleyes:
The difference on the babble thread, Seth, is it's not board pvp, most of us have been friends for years and know any insults thrown about here are only teasing and never meant.

S

<Seth>

The difference on the babble thread, Seth, is it's not board pvp, most of us have been friends for years and know any insults thrown about here are only teasing and never meant.
dont you ever get tierd of living in that fluffy cute candy land where a heated discussion could never take place? :fight:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont you ever get tierd of living in that fluffy cute candy land where a heated discussion could never take place? :fight:

Heated discussions happen; gratuitous insults, personal attacks and general unpleasantness shouldn't. People get passionate about stuff, it's part of what we are. But passionate doesn't and shouldn't mean any of the above happening.

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are the sosarians feeling today?

I should be reading some articles for a seminar on tuesday. But there are plenty of days til that so I drink coffee and do some char-training instead.

Doing necromancy on a spare char so I can soulstone it to my sampire to be. The spare char was meant to be an assassin but got stopped when poisoning was so slow to train. So I'm thinking a thief instead perhaps? Then again means snooping and stealing needs to be trained.

Sometimes it seems like all I do is training skills to get a char I can use.

Over a period of years I have only been active for 18 months. In that time I managed to get a elder warrior (leg with jew) and a legendary blacksmith. For the past 2-3 weeks I've focused on my tamer that is 93 real and 119 modified in taming.

Seems like I forget to enjoy the game at times.

I'm a bit curious on how long you guys played, how long it took for you to get a char done and what characters you got now. And what you all do when you are logged in. Maybe something for a new thread? Or the bin? Might have been told before?

Time for another cup. And oh, 11,4 point til the skill is at the target level. Yay!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After 7 years I have one "finished" char. Go me!
All the rest are work in progress, because I tend to potter around doing fun stuff rather than serious training. And that's fine by me. :)

V

Vaklu

7 years?! and only one char :) I played for 13 months now and done about 7 i think, But i keep deleting them to try a complete new setup :(

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please feel free to come and play with the Stratics big-boyz. :popcorn:

We LIKE a heated discussion.

(... your second spelling mistake was "Fluffy")

*waits to be beaten by Petra, 'cos I like that sort of thing.*

... Normal babble service may now resume.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seth: Not everyone thrives on conflict.
No, I do not enjoy heated discussions. I enjoy calm, reasoned ones. I rarely take part in the heated ones. I appreciate posters who can argue their point without the need to attack the person they are arguing with. I do not admire those who persistently descend into petty and childish name calling, squabbling like children in a school yard.

Fluffi: :twak: :twak:

Gonna drag him into OT No Holds Barred? 18s and over only remember.

S

<Seth>

Please feel free to come and play with the Stratics big-boyz.
mhm sounds scary i think i will pass. :stretcher:
I hear that replacing s with z is cruise control to cool, it must be true!

No, I do not enjoy heated discussions. I enjoy calm, reasoned ones.
Ok then, not much happening in the moderator business then i guess.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends where you look. I also moderate on UHall and Siege Perilous, plus having overall responsibility elsewhere.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a difference between rules and culture.

Rules that are imposed means that moderators rampage around waving big sticks and shouting if we are mean.

Culture means we just prefer not being mean and encourage gentle teasing but no more.

Tisn't fluffy, tis Fluffi!

T

Tior[ExUO]

Please feel free to come and play with the Stratics big-boyz. :popcorn:

We LIKE a heated discussion.

(... your second spelling mistake was "Fluffy")

*waits to be beaten by Petra, 'cos I like that sort of thing.*
Stratics big-boyz? When did that ever happen?
Im supprised enough to make a revisit here :confused:

Oh yea Petra be cool Im only here to be nice ;)

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning John and people!

A fine morning here, and I'm wondering if the storms are over.
One of my sons spent the duration on a geology field trip on the south coast, messing about on cliffs. Now he feels MUCH more positive about the subject. :D

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning peaceful people and others!

I'm a bit curious on how long you guys played, how long it took for you to get a char done and what characters you got now. And what you all do when you are logged in. Maybe something for a new thread? Or the bin? Might have been told before?
After almost 10 years in the proper world I have 4 chars I am happy with. The latest addition is a tamer I finished after avoiding handling big animals for 8 years. Now he is one of my favourites ... not that I should have favourites, being a responsible parent to all those little men on the screen :D

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm .. that quoting didn't work :confused:

Anyway, why is it that some pages on the stratics boards make my IE freeze and finally collapse? I can't seem to access the one with all the new SA items.

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ello all!

I found an upside with not being able to sleep. Can gain Necromancy and be almost done with it already. Downside is classes and writing a assignment will be a bit hard today with all the cotton in my head!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sings tunelessly* cotton needs a'pickin'

Morning all and sleepy-heads!

I had a bit of a dieing-binge last night at the Abyss ... wow, those three resurrects through sacrifrice really don't keep you going for long *g*

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch, sounds like a fun night! =)

Finally made 99 necro. Now I can deal with real life for a little while. But it's oh so boring when I got tons of chars I wanna train!

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bahhh.. camping idoc castle... had it timed.. then the owner managed to reactivate account 10 mins before it could fall.. lucky bstrd!! :rant2:

hehe

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep meaning to send my thief out after gems of salvation for going down there. I also need to remember to plant a seed regularly too. Though it doesn't help when someone's dragged the spawn to the 'quiet spot' where you planted it.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening babblers! Am totally exhausted after the afternoon´s rehearsal, which was spent crawling around on the floor, and being shot repeatedly. Yes, it´s going to be fun to be in a musical - but it´ll take away almost all UO time until x-mas :sad2:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and x-factors!

Back to work after a week of being-home-sick ... gah ... would rather lie on the sofa ...

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah !

You buggers keep dragging me back...

... as a response to the "there are no HLPers" and the "Mappers net-toss" threads, I've just bought two gametime codes.

As I haven't played for months, I am probably looking at several hours'-worth of patching.

You had better be REALLY nice to me when I get back ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.