• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kayne

Just because its me and this is the first time in around 2 years!

Babble!!

EDIT - Oooh top of the page and reply number 300

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He went to bed about 5am after he and I got my fiance started properly (and terrorized by cows) in New Haven. I'm currently talking another friend from That Game That Must Not Be Named™ through the new player quests too, although he may not stay (trial account - I'm working on it, though!)
So, in one week, we've gone back from one active SRC member to 3, with potentially a 4th :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMB!! (Oh-my-Blackthorn™!!)

Does that mean that for the first time since I took over as guild leader two years ago I have to organise a guild meeting with more people than just my own multiple personalities? The stress is killing me .... :wall:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was bright and shiney here too, but not, I suspect for the same reasons; we had a VERY hard frost overnight and the sunlight glinting off it was blinding!

(It's very unusual for us to get more than the lightest of frosts - it can cause problems with the soil here. Anyone with more than a passing interest in growing anything knows that a good hard frost kills off nasties very well indeed and is a requirement for healthy soil. If you go a few years without one, the nasties just keep getting stronger and stronger and you can kiss your root veg goodbye for starters!)

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well then, the soil here should be very healthy indeed. Which reminds me - I am making my own jungle on the roof in UO. All green, pretty bright colours, trying to copy the Zento garden just a bit. Must dash now, flowers to buy....

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A storm broke later in the day, and I had a half-drowned, half-frozen fiance to deal with when she got home (possibly by swimming!)

Today has been mostly about learning four things for me:
1) Cobra's gear is rubbish, and needed replacing (halfway through that now)
2) Mongbat Costumes! my mule, trained mongbats, is now an actual mongbat!
3) The character transfer token I've had in Cobra's bank since 2004ish was actually worth more gold than every piece of clothing I was wearing.
4) There are now robes with stats beyond just resists.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and mongbats!

So, the last night was supposed to be the coldest this winter: -18°C (wind-chill -25°C). And it sure felt like it going to work this morning :( The sun's out at last though, after more than 2 weeks of a constantly cloudy sky, so that's nice ...

Anyhow, met my old/new guild mates last night, and it was really nice seeing those old faces again ... even if some of them were brown and furry :thumbup1:

So, now I have to make myself some tea to warm up ...

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 2:31am here. Windy night, but pleasant... and the urge to redecorate has woken me. After 7 years... the Drunken Dwarf Tavern is getting a makeover!

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello People,

well - its cold again here today as well - wich is not to bad given the fact that
melting snow produced some water leaking thrugh a spot in the ceiling in one
of our studios yesterday - now its all dry again - until teperature rises again i
fear.

Redecorating/Redesigning is fun - i spend days (and nights) redesigning my new
trammel home over and over again :D

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since they removed the %-fee per commit/customize my sollution for this
is just customize again and place some walls on the spots where the items
hang, commit the design, go into customization again to remove the walls
again and then after the commit the items are in the moving crate :)

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got them all - my next issue was knocking holes in ceilings and floors to fit an oven and my hearth. Happy joy!

K

Kiminality

First step in any recustomise for me is to create and commit a solid Borg Cube.
That throws all of my stuff chaotically into the moving crate... Just the way I'm used to it.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel you're doing a disservice to Spike. Who is both a vampire AND a time traveller (and snogged Captain Jack).

AND WHO DOESN'T SPARKLE.
*long tirade commences*

Surprisingly, being up all night remodelling houses leads to sustained periods of unconsciousness.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel you're doing a disservice to Spike. Who is both a vampire AND a time traveller (and snogged Captain Jack).

AND WHO DOESN'T SPARKLE.
*long tirade commences*

Surprisingly, being up all night remodelling houses leads to sustained periods of unconsciousness.

I don't think of DB as he is in Buffy or Angel; I'm a Bones fan :)

And yes, spike is rather yummy too :p

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is taking a weird direction ... but then ... *remembers fondly the babble thread before*

Morning all and sleepies!

Now here's a thought for ya'll: why are all elven tables so low? Do them pointy-ear-people exclusively lie on couches instead of sitting at a table? Discuss .... :thumbsup:

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe the elves had just copied the halfling receipes and didnt
care to adapt them to their own needs?

and good morning all and the others

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Barian - Why worry? To much UO-Related stuff in here?

And speaking about it - i just discovered the 'natural-dye' system
last night and i think i like it a lot - finally some use for coloured plants :)

Thanks and Respect to the UO-Dev-Team *bows*

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fiance is currently cleaning Trinsic of some of the gazillion birds, after a fun day with the SRC in some dungeon or other starting with a D. Where I died a lot :p

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That must be the Death Dungeon then ...

Morning all and un-deads!

I am glad to hear, that somebody is finally taking care of all the birds in Trinsic ... it seems like there was a problem with their left-behinds the other day *g*

I was looking around for my newly-found guild members yesterday, but it looks like I missed all the fun ... :sad4:

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oho - Basket Weaving? Seems theres another thing i need to look into :)

Found my old Plant-Growing Stack from years back when it was all shiny
and new and brought them to some new use - and seems theres another
one even - thanks.

*wanders off to read the Pages Petra kindly points to*

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow - it indeed is - finally a nice way to decorate a castle or keep with
its grey floors.

I think now i have something to care about for tonight ;) - thanks yet another
Time :D

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and yonder!

Didn't get as much time as I planned for sorting my life out in Sosaria (bloody RL seems to keep the upper-hand lately), but I met with Aron and we had a nice long chat. It is soooo good to meet companions from ye olde times :thumbsup:

Right, so this was me kicking-off the babble thread with a trip down memory lane ... :next:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A babble thread? That is all anything is over on Catskills...

btw...Hello from Catskills

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems many a rper has visited Catskills at some time. Though the current rumor is that Europa is the RP hub now.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that's nice to know! And hello to our Catskillian brethren (and sistren!)

No-one is allowed to run any major events on Friday - I'm going to be in Sunny Fresno (instead of Sunny San Jose) for two days, tying the knot.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A babble thread? That is all anything is over on Catskills...
Our Mods is tougher than that...........:fight:

We is all scared of Petra......................:twak:

Don't you just hate waking up with cramp.........:rant2:

*ouchie*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and Catskills!

Forget about Petra being scary ... :eyes:

The news nobody seemed to pay attention to is that Fresno trip of Cobra ... "tying the knot" he said .... waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he knows how (un)scary Petra is, he's on staff. :)
Petra is scary.... It took me months to get up the courage to post on this forum because of who mods it...

Morning John! Come over to the Catskills forum for a cup of tea if you wish.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and visitors!

I went over to the Catskills forum yesterday, asking for the promised cup of tea. It seems I landed in the wrong thread .... not sure, what the Catskills people are thinking of us from Europa now :mf_prop:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, maybe we should send Scrumpy over as ambassador. I am sure he would make quite an impression *g*

Status
Not open for further replies.