• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And another good morning to all and Petra :p

Waiting for my Car to be ready at the Workshop before i can goto work, so could also log into UO to check my new home i build last night ;)

A

Angel121

*Wanders in and set’s up a chair*

*puts out a tray of cookie’s and milk*

So has anyone here had the urge to run headlong into a wall of marshmallow’s and Kitten’s?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So has anyone here had the urge to run headlong into a wall of marshmallow’s and Kitten’s?
Now there's an idea ..... :gee:

Morning all and loonies!

It's almost weekend, it's grey and cold outside ... looks like there will be a lot of time ahead to die in the Abyss ... oh what bliss!

A

Angel121

*ponders a moment*

St John... SRC...

Is that the Sosarian Red Cross?

Are they still around?

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay for the Sosarian Red Cross - if theyre still around we could set another epic battle?

And good day everybody - TGIF indeed.

A

Angel121

Is The Black Cobra from SRC Still lurking about? if so, Has he finished the AUO storyline or Lords of the Swings?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and the benevolent.
Knitting a scarf for son's birthday, because he asked me to.
Something I never expected.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, things that make u shake your head.
the nearest city to me is exeter in devon, a couple of years ago the nation met office build a new main base that cost into the 100's of millions and packed it with loadsa hi tec stuff.
so when i was at work in exeter it was snowing heavily for a few hours so i decided to check the met office website to see what to expect, imagine my surprise to see that exeter was not getting any snow. i left it for a few hours and checked again and nope seems it wasnt snowing in exeter despite all the snow! so you can spend loadsa money but nobody can look out of the window!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evenig all and snow-depraved!

Oh yes, the SRC is still around. To be very honest though (and now I let you into a secret not to be shared with anyone, or I might have to kill you!), I am the last man standing. Every odd month somebody of the old folks logs on when I am not looking and then that's that again .... until this morning!!!!

I was minding my business, casually checking the guild thingie and who was online? The Black Cobra!!!! Our old guild leader, our founder, our demi-god!!!

We had a nice long chat, dug up some t-maps for old times sake (just for the joy of dieing to a gazer ... not kidding) and he promised to be around more often from now on. He wants to do an old-fashioned hospital soon if there's a battle to be have somewhere. I am still rubbing my eyes ....

So yes, the SRC is still around :stretcher:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is The Black Cobra from SRC Still lurking about? if so, Has he finished the AUO storyline or Lords of the Swings?
Oh, I didn't ask him about this. He was working on a book last time we spoke (which was at the destruction of Magincia ... go figure!). But didn't ask him today what came out of it ...

A

Angel121

Well, I had to ask, Cos I thought it was his turn again iirc, it's been 4 years since I logged on to post as "The Milkman" So made me a new account :p

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning people! (just to shake things up a bit)

Anybody out there? :confused:

Oh, there is something about a second Trinsic invasion? Have to check that out ... *rushes off*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning people.

Don't know about a Trinsic invasion, I'm afraid I've not been following the EM events. Next event in the story arc is the re-building of Magincia.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe ... that's nice. Since Cobra missed the destruction (and couldn't even remember that there was one), he can now help re-building it. I have the faint feeling Scrumpy Jack might show up and hassle everybody about "poor craftmanship" ... we'll see :mf_prop:

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe Miggie, too! He has some battle chickens* to sell.

*use of the term "battle" to denote difference between chicken lizards and actual chicken, possibly plucked, is implied only.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon People :)

well - Scrumpy didn't had any quality issues with my chair if i remember right ;)

And for me the Destruction of Magincia was a surprise as well - recalled in there
and thought something like 'WTF ...'

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon People :)

well - Scrumpy didn't had any quality issues with my chair if i remember right ;)
Wow, he must have been impressed then. He's normally not shy with throwing around wild accusations, insults and unrelated criticism. Lovely chap, that :mf_prop:

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And for me the Destruction of Magincia was a surprise as well - recalled in there
and thought something like 'WTF ...'
It's good that you didn't do that a few months ago.
Magincia had some new residents, who weren't very fond of visitors.
It was a bit of a bad neighbourhood :sad4:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's good that you didn't do that a few months ago.
Magincia had some new residents, who weren't very fond of visitors.
It was a bit of a bad neighbourhood :sad4:
Sure happened to me. I just wanted to go to a bank ... let's just say, it was a long way to find a healer instead .... :gee:

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went through the moongate. It just dropped me hidden in the middle of bad things, with no way out but running as fast as my feet could carry me.
I can say definitely that that's not as fast as an energy bolt.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad I wasn`t the only confused one in Magincia, the favourite banking place - swamped with horrible creatures. So much for not reading up on stratics before venturing out after a break...

I did the same thing during the Brit invasion if I recall. Had a character logged in the Inn there. Ouch!

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Morning People,

hm - i think i may should look up the Magincia Events then, sounds interesting.

And thats a very nice signature, Terry :D

By the way - anybody knows why my signature picture doesnt show up?
Do i need to add it vial a [pic]-Tag after uploading it?

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning (and, because of the timezone I'm in these days, good night from me) everyone!

I've been tying out a change - turning my necro into one of these "sampire" thingies, and learning about the new new player quests as I go... New Haven is very confusing, but the survivability after Cobra is pretty impressive:
Cobra, fighting savages and the odd controller in Ilshenar - 16 deaths in an hour
Voran, fighting just savages (he's not maxed out like Mr Squishy McCobra is, and has mostly looted gear and some old minimal artis) - 1 death.

I'm enjoying this!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and :mf_prop:

I am just prowling through the DoT website ... very nicely done, I have to say. I don't quite understand why anybody should be ashamed of dancing naked in the streets with a mongbat on their head, though. But in Trinsic it's apparently not en vogue ... I hope Cobra reads this before he goes there ...

K

Kiminality

Morning all and :mf_prop:

I am just prowling through the DoT website ... very nicely done, I have to say. I don't quite understand why anybody should be ashamed of dancing naked in the streets with a mongbat on their head, though. But in Trinsic it's apparently not en vogue ... I hope Cobra reads this before he goes there ...
I wouldn't recommend an unclothed visit tonight, at least.
And especially no tree-hugging...

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I can somewhat appreciate that being confronted with nudity is not for everybody ... but no tree-hugging? Seriously?! That doesn't sound like a fun event ... :(

K

Kiminality

Well, I can somewhat appreciate that being confronted with nudity is not for everybody ... but no tree-hugging? Seriously?! That doesn't sound like a fun event ... :(
This is just a friend PSA ;)

In Soviet Trinsic, tree hugs you.
Tonight, at least.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Death Magnet!"
Back when I had Stratics Plus membership, it used to be "Lord of All Mongbats"

I had a great time at the invasion today - a few dozen deaths (bloody chain lightning), but I was able to res and heal a few too. And even better, the guildmaster of the Guild Of Beggars got dusted off, and met the Duke of Trinsic (or, as he put it, either the Duck or the Dook).

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot!

Who got dusted off? I didn't see nobody getting dusted off. At the contrary, I was thrown into the dust several times!

Now, yer posh people should really try to keep yer shrubbery and yer cleaning staff under control. What I saw last night was not pretty, I tell yer! And that Doop or whatever ... they wouldn't even let me sing! A "curse" they called my singing and a "plague"! And yer, young master Cobra, I didn't see yer! Were hiding behind those smelly trees, were yer? :rant2:

Now then, I feel better already and next time nobody will manage to keep me from singing. Yer'll see ...

Yers indigestive
Scrumpy

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning from an all sleepy Crest *yawns*

i miss everything because i either sleep, am hold from playing or if i am in game
am still working on my new home - i think i will never be satisfied with it :(

Strolled around a bit to look for decorative items and came across runic carpentry
and fletching tools - and it took me a while to find out that they are not from
BODS - i guess the carpenters and fletchers in the cities still wonder what that
people want from them asking for bods, selling stuff to them etc :O

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes, they are right devils to get .... you need to do those quests for half a millennium to get anything ...

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think i will try this some other time - right now there are so many other things to do and explore ;)

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm - is the PvP Scene/Felucca active enough to maybe enjoy a new version of Zoles FightNight (friendly PvP-Event)?

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot!

Now, I don't know what that person is babbling about, but yer should go to Yew if yer want some "action" with people banging yer head and grabbling yer pockets for yer gold. Believe me, I went there and what I saw wasn't pretty ... I never understood why Mary had a thing or two going for those ruffians.

Yers carefully
Scrumpy Jack

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ho Ho - that sounds that oposed a lot other things, PvPing at Yew(Gate?)
hasn't changed since i left then. Not sure if i should be happy about that
fact ;) - but maybe at least it keeps the gankers busy with themselves
then.

Let me quickly grab an old screenshot of what i am talking about:

*rummages thrugh his backpack and grabs an item*

here you are ;)

Back then we normally started at the old FightNight Arena (wich doesnt
exist anymore though - was located in old Finstermoor/OT) and after
all people gathered and first fights were over we often moved on to some
larger area to give people more space.

Were very nice Events and i liked them a lot.

Attachments

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crest, was the link I posted no help in getting your signature to show?

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Day Mylady,

tbh. i haden't spend to much time investigating on it - but i took a brief look and
it helped in that way that i gave me an idea how to make it work - no idea if its
properly done now - but it works - wooooot :D

So a kind Thank You to you again ;)

K

Kiminality

I need to make a new sig :<

When the forums changed over, the background colour of posts became darker, which made it look more terrible than it was supposed to be. So I dug out an old one, and just never got around to replacing it.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am happy i found my old sig ;) - that way maybe some people will
recognise me a bit more easy - hmm

*thinks if thats a good thing really*

Anyway - i still like it - though i saw some really nice ones around here
wich my one cannot compete with.

Looking forward to the weekend with some UO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.