• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We're Taking Your Simoleans!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

A Quote from the blog:

"We call the systems that add money in the economy pool “faucets” and the systems that remove money are the “drains”. Avatar creation is a faucet because each one bring 10,000 simoleans. the fridge is a drain, because it costs simoleans. Every faucet transfers money from Maxis to the users, and every drain transfers money from a user to Maxis."

My suggestion for a name:

MaxiPads

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh crap! I was this close to spraying coffee all over my monitor!

Love it!

[/ QUOTE ]There was no "close" about it for me! I missed the monitor, thankfully - my three-year-old laptop has had more than enough baptisms thanks to this forum...

G

I have to say I kind of like Dooblah's- it sounds like a word a Sim would say. We could shorten it to Doobs! Heehee

MaxiPads are brilliant if only for the spray factor! ROFL

I

imported_rpsky3

<blockquote><hr>

Post away...but only the blog post will get you credit in the naming contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

ughh i can not get into the post. maybe someone can post it for me with credit to me? i hope to think of a name later when i can think straight and not with a massive headache lol. if anyone can help me out, i would appreciate it!
thank you, thank you!

I

imported_Fire Dragon

Is it just me, or has the blog totally disappeared? Can't link from the main sims stratics site or from the url in parizad's post, it says it's forbidden..

On a brighter note, i was able to actually log in earlier, as i had recently got a new password and still had it in my inbox. When i last looked, i think there were over 100 replies, so there are a number of ppl that have been able to log in..

I

imported_rpsky3

about 2 days ago or so, i was asked to register so i did and it stated it would send me an email. i looked in inbox, spam box, still nothing. oh well.

S

sammiiJo

I did the same thing no password in my email or anywhere else so I decided to give my idea here...may not win a contest but I think its a great Idea

Lets call them Mytholeans since a myth is like a dream and we all dream of actually getting some Simoleans lol

I

imported_Trudymac

It worked now for me. Yay!

Thanks for fixing it, whoever did!

I just did a password recovery on the account I made yesterday (since I never received the original email with the original password), and was then able to log into the blog and leave a comment.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think the devs had anything to do with this decision. I imagine it went somewhere along the lines of some EA Suit walking into Luc's office and telling him to change the name. I'm just happy they're letting us pick the new name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure you're very right about that Katheryne, I can imagine how much the suits want to get rid of the "sims" name in this game. And I wasnt meaning to sound all whinney and complaining about it, I just felt like geez here goes something else being messed with. I just hope they do make a wise decission for a new name and not something dumb.

Oh, I also wanted to Thank you Katheryne for being nice and not biting my head off like so many in here love to do. Just because I tend to be more protective of the old game and get more upset over some of the changes than others seem to. I end up getting all of the smart ass, know it all remarks thrown my way. Not many in here want to show others any compassion, they would rather spend all of there time belittling, and in general being hateful. Again Thanks for replying to me in a nice way, it was much appreciated.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

*applauds from this FOUNDER* I was gonna keep my mouth shut when I read that comment until I read your reply. Not everybody who is happy hasn't been around as long as some of the habitual complainers. We just prefer to take things for what they are, not what we want them to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clap away Carrie, you might have more to clap about. Im going in for surgery soon and who knows I might not be back. That should make a bunch of you very happy indeed. Only thing is you'll need to find someone else to snip at sorry hun.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

Clap away Carrie, you might have more to clap about. Im going in for surgery soon and who knows I might not be back. That should make a bunch of you very happy indeed. Only thing is you'll need to find someone else to snip at sorry hun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am disappointed you felt you had to stoop to using this tactic.

P

PJ EST

It may be a joke, but I believe they are trying to come up with ways to keep us entertained!!! I mean come on...we pay our DOLLARS for them to entertain us. That's what they are doing. lol and...my choices for the new simolean names are....drum roll please....since we are supposed to post them here on stratics..lol

Simyens
Simcash
Simbucks
simgems

P

PJ EST

ROFLOL I like this one!!! I can't do anything until I get a roundtoit!

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Ok, I finally got logged into the blog!
yay!!

Only, I did post a new name suggestion and it does not show up. So, I re-posted and got a message saying...that was a duplicate post.

Hmmm... Maybe it takes a few minutes to show up? Does anyone know?

This is the first time I have posted anything on the Blog.

Thank you to anyone who can help me!!

G

Your first post on the blog has to be approved before it will show up

Polly

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

Your first post on the blog has to be approved before it will show up

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh!! Thank you Polly!!
(,,,,,) Hugz (,,,,,)

K

katydidasim

I say leave it as “Simoleons”, our characters will still be “Sims” won’t they?? Or is their name going to change too??

G

Sims are now avatars.
The word simoleans NEEDS to be changed.

Lee was talking about this at a money house this morning prior to maitenence. He said it is something that needs to be done, and that the team doesn't even have a choice over it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.

For the record, regardless of past history, regardless of how exasperated I might be at someone's attitude, I would NEVER wish ill-will or death on them in RL. I have known that health issues were a factor for you, and you have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I too have had health issues in the past, and still do but thankfully am on the upswing instead of down, so I do sympathize with that, and that is why some days I just have to stay away, because I don't have it within me to be positive and upbeat like the game and the community needs. I wish you a speedy recovery, and I hope to hear how you are doing, even if you do decide not to keep coming back to the forums...maybe through Dali if nothing else since I know you will be in close communication with her.

G

<blockquote><hr>

my choices for the new simolean names are....drum roll please....since we are supposed to post them here on stratics..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

We CAN post them here, but in order to be counted in on the competition, they have to be posted on the blog, as soon as you can if you are one of the ones that is locked out at the moment due to password issues. That seems to be a widespread problem and they are looking into it last I heard, though I have not gotten further than this post in reading, so I don't know if someone has said it's fixed now or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I say leave it as “Simoleons”, our characters will still be “Sims” won’t they?? Or is their name going to change too??

[/ QUOTE ]

That's already changed, or at least is being encouraged as a change....the new buzz word now is 'avatars'. Alot of 'old school' folks are still using 'sims' in game though, just out of force of habit. Heck, even when I was playing the free shards over on UO for a while I caught myself calling my char a 'sim'

G

Seeing as the majority of us feel the payouts are far to low, I suggest

Peanuts

G

<blockquote><hr>

Seeing as the majority of us feel the payouts are far to low, I suggest

Peanuts

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, now I'm torn between "MaxiPads" and "Peanuts".

lessee.... one potato, two potato, three potato......... I fergot how it goes.....

H

Harley Ryder

I see no reason for changing what we call the money in the game. Simoleans they have been forever and can remain that as far as I'm concerned. I did however post some ideas on the blog anyway.

What they should have had us all help name is the new city itself. EA Land is a pretty lame name if you ask me, and I know noone did lol Oh well, I will continue to play regardless what we refer to the money as.

Bring on the rest of the merges!!!! w00t!!!!!!!!!

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.

For the record, regardless of past history, regardless of how exasperated I might be at someone's attitude, I would NEVER wish ill-will or death on them in RL. I have known that health issues were a factor for you, and you have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I too have had health issues in the past, and still do but thankfully am on the upswing instead of down, so I do sympathize with that, and that is why some days I just have to stay away, because I don't have it within me to be positive and upbeat like the game and the community needs. I wish you a speedy recovery, and I hope to hear how you are doing, even if you do decide not to keep coming back to the forums...maybe through Dali if nothing else since I know you will be in close communication with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record it wasnt a "tactic" far from it.

I do appologize for my post. It wasnt called for. I was very upset at finding out some extemely disturbing health news and that along with getting angry with how 99% of my posts on here get riddiculed, well I went over the edge. I do applogize and ty for your kind words but I dont believe I will be back. I need to stay calm and I cant afford the stress this place induces on me any more. Im not sure Im even staying in the game, at this point I might just give my account to my sister or just delete it, Im not sure yet.

Good bye and Take care

PS. Good luck with picking a new name for the money, hope its a nice one.

G

The blog seems to be working agian, anyone who couldnt get in before please try again.

G

Just my two simoleans...

I play a SIM, and no matter what they call it, I will still call it a SIM. I earn and spend SIMOLEANS, no matter what they call them, I will still refer to them as SIMOLEANS.

The rest of you can have fun changing the names all you want, I'll just keep calling them what they are to me.

G

I hope we get to the day far in the future when EA Land is so established that new players/posters say things like whats a simolean?

G

So if we are using screen names on the blog how do we know how won?

I was thinking Spondulick(s)?

G

Or they could go to map view and ask the winner to raise their hands perfusily or use their spotlights to find them!

G

When is the deadline for the new names to be submitted?

**standing at my lot with my back pockets open for the winning name. Yelling 'I'm over here!!!'**

G

<blockquote><hr>

So there you go. If you don't think of something good, we'll have to go with EA-Land Dollars. Gag!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like "Linden Dollars" from Second Life?

Leave it alone. It's simoleans. §. Stop messing about with things that do not need changing, and work on fixing this disaster you've created out of what was a perfectly functional, if somewhat stale, game called TSO.

You have your orders. Now go away and get on with it.

I

imported_MattelMichele

NOOOOOO-ooooooo! I like simoleons, it fits. Changing it just seems plain silly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just my two simoleans...

I play a SIM, and no matter what they call it, I will still call it a SIM. I earn and spend SIMOLEANS, no matter what they call them, I will still refer to them as SIMOLEANS.

The rest of you can have fun changing the names all you want, I'll just keep calling them what they are to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen!

G

Have you checked in your trash or spam folder? A lot of mail is sent there so maybe your answer is there.

G

The period to send in your entries in now over. Comments on the blog entry have been closed.

We got some really great suggestions. Awesome job, guys! It is going to be very difficult to pick just 5 for voting...

G

I always hated typing out simoleans, I call them bux. OMG there is another game that calls them bux tho. That is really funny cuz I called them that way before I ever even went to that other game. Just like dollar, I used that word before I ever heard of the Lindens. WOW

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

LOL....if loochie makes the list, Simone...it has my vote!

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally thought of one.....I would like to immortalize forever in the game a person that has been one of our very best friends here at Stratics...

I think they should be called.... "Zads". We could call them "zaddies' for short.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We got some really great suggestions. Awesome job, guys! It is going to be very difficult to pick just 5 for voting...

[/ QUOTE ]
Is "Leave alone what does not need changing" one of those options?

G

Ok, this isn't fair, only a few choice ppl get to submit names? There was no place for me to log in to submit my suggestion!!

My suggestion is to leave the name simoleons. But since it's obvious you are going to also change sims to avatars, then I suggest Avatar Bucks. Another suggestions would be Bots.

If my suggestions don't get added, then I will know this game caters to a select few players, and that's not right!! I've been playing for over 3 years and I want to be included!!!!

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, this isn't fair, only a few choice ppl get to submit names? There was no place for me to log in to submit my suggestion!!

My suggestion is to leave the name simoleons. But since it's obvious you are going to also change sims to avatars, then I suggest Avatar Bucks. Another suggestions would be Bots.

If my suggestions don't get added, then I will know this game caters to a select few players, and that's not right!! I've been playing for over 3 years and I want to be included!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I could make an account...