• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We're Taking Your Simoleans!

G

It sure is funny that I always miss out on everything when it involves giving away free money on here. I was unable to play all weekend because of RL, and now I get left out of even getting to suggest a new name for our spending apparatus on this silly game?? Not fair, that you let only a few people make suggestions, and cut off the deadline before everyone even has a chance to participate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Sorry you were not able to post on the blog.....but that thread had 248 posts to it, and each post had anywhere from a few, to a dozen, suggestions.

Some were very creative, but only 5 are going to be voted on, so the vast majority of suggestions, will not make the voting list.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry you were not able to post on the blog.....but that thread had 248 posts to it, and each post had anywhere from a few, to a dozen, suggestions.

Some were very creative, but only 5 are going to be voted on, so the vast majority of suggestions, will not make the voting list.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's supposed to make me feel better, why???

G

I registered with the blog site, but never received an email. So, I returned to the site and clicked "I forgot my password". I received an email instructing me to click on the enclosed link and that they would reset my password and email me a new one. Would've worked great except that the email I received was titled "no Subject" and was entirely blank!! LOL!

I

imported_Armonia

I never received the email either. It was really unfair way of being able to submit our suggestions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

We got some really great suggestions. Awesome job, guys! It is going to be very difficult to pick just 5 for voting...

[/ QUOTE ]
Is "Leave alone what does not need changing" one of those options?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

G

Hey guys, a heads up:

We won't put the list of our favorite 5 up for voting until tomorrow. You guys are so incredibly awesome! We had an astounding 770 entries!! So we need time to look at each one and have an internal debate before presenting our favorite for you guys to vote on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]Not a problem, at least we know how little EA care what its players think.

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

It sure is funny that I always miss out on everything when it involves giving away free money on here. I was unable to play all weekend because of RL, and now I get left out of even getting to suggest a new name for our spending apparatus on this silly game?? Not fair, that you let only a few people make suggestions, and cut off the deadline before everyone even has a chance to participate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that venting your frustration because RL got in the way is a little unfair, and the fact that you havent registered on the blog is no one elses fault but your own. This was not open to only a few, but to everyone...... we have had plenty of time to participate and I am sorry that you missed out, but like many others, I am in a time zone, where many opportunities to participate in areas of the game - I miss out on - like increase skilling, increased payouts etc, but I dont get mad and throw all my toys out the cot - just take it on the chin, and realise that sometimes we unfortunately miss out on things, because they are out of my control.

C

Catwoman1966

I think they should be called 'notenuffs' cos there's not enough of them around right now.

Cat.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]Not a problem, at least we know how little EA care what its players think.

[/ QUOTE ]

It never ceases to amaze me how someone can take a post where EA asks for our input and turn it in they dont care what we think.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Parizad;

Hey guys, a heads up:

We won't put the list of our favorite 5 up for voting until tomorrow. You guys are so incredibly awesome! We had an astounding 770 entries!! So we need time to look at each one and have an internal debate before presenting our favorite for you guys to vote on.

Yup,...you'd expect em to at least wait till they get 775 entries huh?.... what nerve they have.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yup,...you'd expect em to at least wait till they get 775 entries huh?.... what nerve they have.

[/ QUOTE ]You don't get it do you?

They're trying to "forget" every aspect of what made TSO what it was, and turn it into their 'new project', having used and abused us for over 4 years for their own benefit, then pretend it's all their work that is supposedly going to make "EA Land" a success.

There's an old saying, "if you forget your past, you have no future". Appropriate, methinks.

Of course people are going come up with entries for a competition - that's what a competition is - but that's a completely different thing from whether it's needed in the first place.

It's like asking would you like a cream cake, a plate of worms, a glass of crushed beetle juice, or an earwax sandwich. Leaving it as simoleans would have been a cream cake in this situation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's like asking would you like a cream suit, a plate of worms, a glass of crushed beetle juice, or an earwax sandwich. Leaving it as simoleans would have been a cream suit in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

V

vapd3317

no AJ,...YOU dont get it,....

You assume I care what they name the money. You assume I care what happens to the game. As far as Im concerned, if the game ended today, I'd have 9.99 more a month to spend on something else.

I dont intertwine the game with RL in any way shape or form, so I wouldn't miss it. It is nothing more than a time consumer for me. Something to do when RL bores me and nothing more.

But to say they dont listen to what people say is rediculous as proven by this thread all by itself.

I however will commend you tho,...all that ranting by you and no SL reference?.. *marks the calendar*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I however will commend you tho,...all that ranting by you and no SL reference?.. *marks the calendar*

[/ QUOTE ]
(silence)

G

not to bust your bubble, and a really great burn, however he did have to mention the name of the dollars in sl.

But mark the calendar anyway because he hasn't mentioned botters in this one, so that's worth noting .

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that venting your frustration because RL got in the way is a little unfair, and the fact that you havent registered on the blog is no one elses fault but your own. This was not open to only a few, but to everyone...... we have had plenty of time to participate and I am sorry that you missed out, but like many others, I am in a time zone, where many opportunities to participate in areas of the game - I miss out on - like increase skilling, increased payouts etc, but I dont get mad and throw all my toys out the cot - just take it on the chin, and realise that sometimes we unfortunately miss out on things, because they are out of my control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me, but I never said I wasn't registered on the blog, I said there wasn't a place to log in, it had already been closed! And I have a right to my opinion just like YOU and everybody else does, and it wasn't fair for them to only allow 2-1/2 days for everyone to put in their suggestions!! So put that in your jammies and lay in it!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

The period to send in your entries in now over. Comments on the blog entry have been closed.

We got some really great suggestions. Awesome job, guys! It is going to be very difficult to pick just 5 for voting...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh....I hope there weren't many people who didn't get logged into the blog in time. I didn't
Knowing there was a widespread issue I'd hoped things would have been extended to give those who posted here saying they wanted to participate and couldn't a chance to.....but maybe I'm the only one that missed the boat. I hope so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, it isn't just players that had not registered on the blog that were left out....there was a bug talked about in this thread that was somehow resetting passwords, but not allowing the person to get an e-mail stating what their password was, even if they'd previously posted to the blog before. I'm not gonna jump up and down about it, or even use a '
' emoticon, but it's just disappointing that the deadline couldn't have been extended, when there was a *known* issue posted and it affected at least a few dozen people. 770 something is plenty to choose from, I agree, but some players submitted up to a dozen suggestions, so I'm not sure how many unique players were able to log in and suggest something. I think the fact that the in-game currency is at such a premium, and there was a *high* (in today's standards) prize is what is leading alot of people who got left out of the loop through no fault of their own to get huffy. Real life does have to come first, so I applaud the above poster for doing so, but I'm sure if we'd known teh deadline was just around the corner, that she would have taken 5-10 minutes to post something, provided she wasn't one of us that were locked out totally.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, it isn't just players that had not registered on the blog that were left out....there was a bug talked about in this thread that was somehow resetting passwords, but not allowing the person to get an e-mail stating what their password was, even if they'd previously posted to the blog before. I'm not gonna jump up and down about it, or even use a '
' emoticon, but it's just disappointing that the deadline couldn't have been extended, when there was a *known* issue posted and it affected at least a few dozen people. 770 something is plenty to choose from, I agree, but some players submitted up to a dozen suggestions, so I'm not sure how many unique players were able to log in and suggest something. I think the fact that the in-game currency is at such a premium, and there was a *high* (in today's standards) prize is what is leading alot of people who got left out of the loop through no fault of their own to get huffy. Real life does have to come first, so I applaud the above poster for doing so, but I'm sure if we'd known teh deadline was just around the corner, that she would have taken 5-10 minutes to post something, provided she wasn't one of us that were locked out totally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much Carrie!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ugh....I hope there weren't many people who didn't get logged into the blog in time. I didn't
Knowing there was a widespread issue I'd hoped things would have been extended to give those who posted here saying they wanted to participate and couldn't a chance to.....but maybe I'm the only one that missed the boat. I hope so.

[/ QUOTE ]Parizad mentioned there were 770 entries to weed through. Given the blog's downtime during the submission timeframe, I can't help but think there is no way all 770 entries could have been posted on the blog. Methinks the posts here were counted as well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Parizad mentioned there were 770 entries to weed through. Given the blog's downtime during the submission timeframe, I can't help but think there is no way all 770 entries could have been posted on the blog. Methinks the posts here were counted as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but if that's true then we should have been told that but we were specifically told that ideas posted here wouldn't count, so many who could not get into the blog didn't post their ideas here either, for one reason because nothing would have stopped another player from posting their idea on the blog, without giving credit to the original person who thought of the suggestion. That would have been a great compromise, to have suggestions here count too.....but we were specifically told that they wouldn't, with no amendment to that ruling after the widespread issue became apparent.

I dunno, its still not a huge deal, but it seems like at least an apology to those who didn't get to participate would be nice, even if those sims weren't compensated, since they wouldn't be any different from any other non-winning sim that won't be compensated, so I'm not gonna sit here and say that we ought to get some kind of prize just because we were locked out of the blog...but an apology would go a long way toward at least feeling like they hear us and do understand that not everybody who wanted to participate was given a chance to, ya know?

I

imported_Cherri Bear

[/ QUOTE ]

I just briefly counted the new name suggestions on the Blog and I was only about a third of the way through and I counted 230.

The 700 + entries would be correct as taken from just the Blog. Some people posted 10+ suggestions. Which we were allowed to do.

So, yeah...those were just the Blog suggestions, not the ones posted in this thread.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

When are we goona find out the top 5? Its been a day already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it is Monday and only 1:15 pm in California right now, give them a chance lol.
770 suggestions narrowed down to 5 takes some serious thought provoking time I would think.

K

KevinThom

Why dont they just choose 5 out of my 20. Would make their job easier
(and my sims (avatar?) 5k richer)

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

I thought it was Tuesday lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh rats, LOL. You are right! I lost a day!!

I am blaming it on the time change to Spring forward.

Sorry about that Kevin!!!

::goes back into bear cave in embearassment::

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I thought it was Tuesday lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh rats, LOL. You are right! I lost a day!!

I am blaming it on the time change to Spring forward.

Sorry about that Kevin!!!

::goes back into bear cave in embearassment::

[/ QUOTE ]
Cheer up - it'll be Monday again in a few days.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

:: runs to cave and hands Cherri a calandar and clock::

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha! Thank You! I think I need one lol.

K

KevinThom

Did anyone else realize that the blog just went offline?

:: crosses fingers, runs down to EA and gives the dev's the $45 he got from Cherri ::

I

imported_debslee

Yep....keep refreshing the page........chewing on fingernails.........baited breath......sweaty palms..........

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

I suggested Moola.....simple, easy to spell, and funny at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it HAS to be changed, i think Gilly is right on the MOOLA!!

G

Im never calling them anything else but SIMOLEANS and u cant make me :p NYAH NYAH

G

<blockquote><hr>

Its been a day now....

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you're right! It will probably be another day or two before I make a blog post in regards to this. Please refer to my earlier post in this thread as to the reason why.

K

KevinThom

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Its been a day now....

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you're right! It will probably be another day or two before I make a blog post in regards to this. Please refer to my earlier post in this thread as to the reason why.

[/ QUOTE ]

K, was that a sarcastic congrats?

Read your post, its because there were so many submissions, big decisions, kinda like american idol
)

E

Executioner_47

Just off the top of my head,about EA_Bucks,SimBucks or MysticBucks

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I can't reply to the TSO-E blog anymore, so I'll post my suggestion here:

EAL$

(Pronounced "eels")

It sounds kind of cool, and it still stands for "EA Land Dollars"

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can't reply to the TSO-E blog anymore, so I'll post my suggestion here:

EAL$

(Pronounced "eels")

It sounds kind of cool, and it still stands for "EA Land Dollars"

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the last couple pages of the thread, the submission deadline is already passed, and submissions here didn't count even though alot of people were locked out of the blog for various reasons.

And Kevin yeah I think that was a sarcastic comment, since she'd already said that it would take longer than a day for the top 5 to be posted....think of how you'd feel if you and a few other people had to kick around 770 submissions and narrow it down that far....
. Basically, you're chomping at the bit, although a certain level of enthusiasm isn't a bad thing, as long as it doesn't lead to putting undue pressure on our already taxed dev team.

K

KevinThom

K, its just im very interested to find out. No pressure on the dev's though.

S

SoonersLady

Don't see anything wrong with the current name.
But I would say how about something simple like
SimCash?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Don't see anything wrong with the current name.
But I would say how about something simple like
SimCash?

[/ QUOTE ]

It can't have the word 'sim' in it, that's why they are changing it from simolean, otherwise I can see the logic to that statement...simcash or sim dollar does kinda roll off the tongue.