• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We're Taking Your Simoleans!

I

imported_Cherri Bear

I cannot get my password to respond on the Blog.

When I login and ask for my pw to be sent...i get a message that says:

This e-mail could not be sent.
Possible reason: Your Host may have disabled the mail () function.

Does anyone know how to correct that? Is it something I need to change in the settings on my computer?

Thank you in advance!

OOPS! Sorry...I just read this whole thread. Others having problems too.
I will be patient!! Thank you!!!

G

I can't either Cherri, it's been like that for a while to because I can remember the same thing happened when I tried to register once before. I actually get a message saying an email has been sent but it never comes.

G

Same here, I tried to Register but I never get the email with my PW

G

I can't log in either =( I get the same "e-mail could not be sent" message.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can't log in either =( I get the same "e-mail could not be sent" message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earlier in this thread they did say they are aware of the problem and are trying to rectify it. Lets hope it's not one of things that gets done 2 months from next tuesday.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, we're working on the blog user issues now.

...and by "we're" I mean, "Laurent is."

[/ QUOTE ]

Parizad, when the problem is fixed can you please place a new thread in stratics to say so, that way we don't have to keep trying to register over and over.

C

cammrisdemorte

lol i got the best idea of all insted of changing the name of the money why dont they put the pay outs back up like luc said would happen in game 2months ago

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

lol i got the best idea of all insted of changing the name of the money why dont they put the pay outs back up like luc said would happen in game 2months ago

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and pigs might fly!

Cat.

I

IndigoSpin

<font color="purple">I realize this thread is to discuss renaming the simoleon, but I don't understand why it needs to be renamed. "Simoleon" is a real English word meaning "dollar." You can find it in the dictionary. It's not some name that Maxis came up with. The fact that the word has "Sim" in it doesn't mean that it has anything to do with The Sims.

o wellz!!1

I suggest calling 'em eeks, 'cause that's what you're gonna say when you realize how long it'll take you to get enough eeks to buy a house. xD</font>

G

Can we ask why it needs to be changed... we can take it.. give it to us ... why why why ? ? ?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

It is changing because EALand is not TSO. EAland will host TSO, along with many other things. I'm sure many countries of Europe had citizens complaining when they adopted the Euro. Just think of it as joining a larger world. Sid Meier golf doesn't accept simoleans.

Since everyone likes to keep saying that Rome wasn't built in a day. I suggested the "Nero".

I had to refrain from suggesting Bearbucks and Chump Change. All in all, this sounds like a fun thing to do if you think of something.

I

icontchooseaname

I tried to register with EA blog but it has yet to send me a PW, help?

G

how dose a golf game have anything to do with ea land... I would like to have a better answer... from ea..

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the thread hon, this is a common issue and is being looked into....I'm sure they'll report back when they figure out what the deal is

I do hope they don't cut the contest off before most people have a chance to suggest names that want to, since prizes are involved....doing so would only increase the amount of complaining already going on in the forums

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

how dose a golf game have anything to do with ea land... I would like to have a better answer... from ea..

[/ QUOTE ] Might have alot to do with EA-Land. You can search the archives of the blog anytime. I recall a post when the developers asked us what other games we would like to play in EA-land a few months back.

G

votes not to change the name, its been that way for 5 years and we should be able to keep something the same!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

votes not to change the name, its been that way for 5 years and we should be able to keep something the same!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

UGH *is tired of reading this answer*

Guys, this might be why we aren't asked for input more often.....because even after being told something is or is not going to happen, and being given choices, some people still insist on choicing things not on the table. It's like asking one of our kids......"Do you want hot dogs or hamburgers for dinner?" and getting the reply "CHOCOLATE CAKE!" That's cute the first couple times it happens, but after that it just illicits wanting to smack the kid....and most of us here are adults, so this is worse LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, this might be why we aren't asked for input more often.....because even after being told something is or is not going to happen, and being given choices, some people still insist on choicing things not on the table. It's like asking one of our kids......"Do you want hot dogs or hamburgers for dinner?" and getting the reply "CHOCOLATE CAKE!" That's cute the first couple times it happens, but after that it just illicits wanting to smack the kid....and most of us here are adults, so this is worse LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its our game to play, let us chose.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its our game to play, let us chose.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is EA's game to market. Simoleans do not fit into their marketing plan.

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

How about EA Food Stamps

[/ QUOTE ]

Im impressed with that name, as well as your abilitiy to remember your password for 2 1/2 years.

G

Byttes
Ombies
Teligs
Parts of the Norwegian word for exchangeable
---
Hetens
Part of the norwegian word for currency
---
innbring
ende
Parts of the Norwegian word for lucrative
---
gullet
Norwegian word for gold
---

G

I like Lucci. LOL cuz I ain't got no loochie loochie &amp; it has Luc's name in it.

Runnin' out of loochie
And I won't survive if you don't let me borrow another five

LOL catchy

G

I'm not a fan of naming the entire currency after one of the devs really, regardless of which it is. They all put a lot of work into this game and to me naming something as universally important as currency after one or two of them undermines the effort of the rest. I don't think they'd mind. However, to newer players who pick up the reference especially, it will I think instill in them a stigma that I can't really put into words...

Maybe I'm just looking a little bit too far into this.

I

imported_Trudymac

I can't get registered on the blog, so I'll put my suggestions here for the moment, and post them on the blog when able.

Llamabucks (long time Maxis mascot which has been used in Sim City, The Sims, The Sims 2, etc.

Gnomens - self explanatory

G

LOL I got Loochie from a song. Lucci is a dif spelling of it. It was a bonus Luc's name was in it. LMFAO Then I choose LOOCHIE! If having Luc's name in it turns people off.

One of the 2 idc.

It doesn't even sound like his name. Any reason you chose my post to mention this? When others have suggested for instance Parizads as the name for the new currency. Forgive me if I am being defensive. However I am getting really tired of explaining myself around here. I mean you no harm. I will not post false information. If I am wrong, I will admit it. I am not really a monster!

I was in such a good mood too. Oh well, that'll learn me to post here. Next time I might wait til I am good and pist. LOL Then I might actually leave here in a better mood than I came.

G

LOL! No need to defend yourself. If you felt that I was giving you a reason to, I apologize. I'm really not a monster either.

Reason I responded to you is because as I was browsing through it was the first post that reminded me of this. These suggestions are all over the blog, and since discussion isn't allowed over there, I just posted my opinion on the matter here. Nothing personal, I just caught the word "Luc" in your post.

G

Sorry, it is hard to be Simone sometimes. You would not believe. I have ppl who hide behind temp sims just to spew profanities to my inbox (in EA Land). Then they delete the sims. There are a few people on here that challenge most everything I say. Twisting my posts into something completely different than what was intended. I always feel like I am on the witness stand here. I have read a lot of your posts and agree with you, most of the time. I didn't think you would sink to the level of others by stalking my posts. I fly off the handle sometimes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can't get registered on the blog, so I'll put my suggestions here for the moment, and post them on the blog when able.

Llamabucks (long time Maxis mascot which has been used in Sim City, The Sims, The Sims 2, etc.

Gnomens - self explanatory

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Indigo that simoleans has a fine history outside of simland ... and Gracie, I had to restrain myself from suggesting shinola.

But I have to admit, I actually like Llamabucks. Can Kiss a llama on the Llama be writen somewhere on the virtual currency? That would make me very happy.

G

I don't mind the llamas, llamas, llamas. But I would be disappointed everytime I came across the occasional duck.

B

B Rain

Hi all,

I can login in Ea-Land blog and has been trying to post some names for simoleans, but every time I click submit, I don't see my post anywhere... Been trying more then 5 times for hours... so I guess, I will just post them here instead :p

Gil
Sen
Duit (pronounce as "Dew Wait")
MoSim
SimSen
Simo
Mewan
Doodoo
Koopang
Pookey

Thank you ^-^

G

i think its a great idea to call it something other than simoleons. for one, because a simoleon is for sims and we are now EA-Land, not the SIMS online. We are straying from the bad name of TSO

G

Your first post on the blog has to be aproved. LOL You will have 5 or more posts when that is done. Once they aprove the first the rest will be automatic.

B

B Rain

Ohhh! Thank you Simone for clearing that. I'm such a noob! lol

So... if you guys see thousands of same post from me... I'm so sorry

B

Bindy

*TTL*

I for one will never call them avatars, they will always be sims to me so bite that EA.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm thinking it shouldn't be anything that is already included in the dictionary. It should be a totally new made up word. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be anything that is age appropriate and does not break the ToS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miltoleans?

Miltoneans?

Miltonbucks?

GiveMiltonurmoola?

*scurries off to the blog*

G

Milton, none of those really seem to roll off the tongue.

If anything they should call them Strikes.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

I for one will never call them avatars, they will always be sims to me so bite that EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I'll be a sim till I can pee yellow. Right on Sistah!

B

Bindy

Next we will be forced to call our simmy statues something else too I bet,
Never I will never comply.

B

Bindy

We do have a right to not be happy over yet another lame ass change. There are a lot of other things that need fixing in this game and I think they should be working on that and not coming up with all of this foolish crap. Dont expect anyone thats been playing for a long time to happily go along with all of this garbage.

I

icontchooseaname

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the thread hon, this is a common issue and is being looked into....I'm sure they'll report back when they figure out what the deal is

I do hope they don't cut the contest off before most people have a chance to suggest names that want to, since prizes are involved....doing so would only increase the amount of complaining already going on in the forums

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you

While I wait I would like to suggest:

Snooders

G

i dont understand why people think things like this take up so much of their time? Parizad is doing this and the great thing is, they arent spending time thinking up names...we are!

so please stop saying they should stop spending their time doing some of these things because it stops them from fixing"real"problems.

do you think the devs just sit at the screen and read every post and dont work on the game at all? Nope, i highly doubt it, in fact they are working on the game while parizad does her job...which is not engineering, its being a community rep and getting our feedback, its what she is paid to do. So she will do her job and the devs will do theirs which is working on "real" problems.

sheesh.

edit to add: I have been playing this game from the beginning and this "foolish crap" is what is going to save the game. The game before obviously had many, many issues that were making it a very unappealing game. By changing the name of the game and simoleons, they are taking some of the "trash" out of the game that made it so unappealing to people. If we are going to get new customers, and old ones back, we need to change this stuff so we can be looked at as a new game that they should try and not just the old "TSO" failure. make sense now? i thought it was obvious...

G

Great post. I love the new surprises and challenges. If we can't have fun, what is the point?

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

i dont understand why people think things like this take up so much of their time? Parizad is doing this and the great thing is, they arent spending time thinking up names...we are!

so please stop saying they should stop spending their time doing some of these things because it stops them from fixing"real"problems.

do you think the devs just sit at the screen and read every post and dont work on the game at all? Nope, i highly doubt it, in fact they are working on the game while parizad does her job...which is not engineering, its being a community rep and getting our feedback, its what she is paid to do. So she will do her job and the devs will do theirs which is working on "real" problems.

sheesh.

edit to add: I have been playing this game from the beginning and this "foolish crap" is what is going to save the game. The game before obviously had many, many issues that were making it a very unappealing game. By changing the name of the game and simoleons, they are taking some of the "trash" out of the game that made it so unappealing to people. If we are going to get new customers, and old ones back, we need to change this stuff so we can be looked at as a new game that they should try and not just the old "TSO" failure. make sense now? i thought it was obvious...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read what I said, I said they should be spending more time on the real problems and not something like this. Geez

I have been playing since the bigging too and as far as the reasons for this game going down the tubes like it did was because EA dumped us and stopped doing improvements and upgrades thats why so many left before, not because of what the money was called. I dont feel worrying about the name of the money is that big a deal when there are sooo many other things this game needs taken care of to make it more appealing to new players. They need to make the game more fun and not so mind numbing dull with the skilling and endless earning of pitiful amounts of money, Lag needs to be fixed once and for all, new items for people to use etc. Thats what this game needs to make it more appealing. And to quote you "i thought it was obvious... "

We need FUN things...