• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We're Taking Your Simoleans!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What have they actually given so far to encourage me to part with $16 a month?

[/ QUOTE ]

A game to play. Am I the only one that sees this?

I'm so sorry you want everything free with full benefits but life doesn't quite work out that way. Actually, religion doesn't either. So I guess everything in the universe takes something, to get something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but think about it.....is the game worth $10 a month to me? Absolutely, without a doubt. However if I had to pay almost double the amount that other people do, for the same exact game and no extra perks or sims like you get when you sign up for a second account for another $10 a month to make up for the difference, I too would have to think twice. There's more at issue than just the value of the game, you have to consider the principle behind it for those that are affected. You as Canadian have to pay a bit more as I understand it from a Canadian friend of mine that just signed up premium, but not $6 a month more than Americans do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My advice is to ignore him. Most people do in SL now.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh really... I guess that's why I was picked as 'Resident of the Week' in the Metaverse Messenger this week.

Clearly I must have nothing of importance to say, no skills, and to be of no interest to anyone out there to have been featured there.

As for the rest of your post... it's totally irrelevant to the subject being discussed, and as such requires no comments, even if it were merely to correct the many assumptions and misinformation that you are pedalling as if they were actually facts.

Sigh... defending onesself wastes so much time that could otherwise be profitably used.

G

In case anyone forgot:

<blockquote><hr>

Before this strays any further off topic, I'd like to remind you that this thread is supposed to be a discussion about the name change for the in-game currency previously known as simoleans.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

D

dirndingle

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't have the answer myself, but excluding paying customers because they are on the same LAN, when, after all, to be able to participate in votes and other special events and benefits only offered to paying customers is precisely why they became premium members, strikes me as a bit unfair

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as a single human being doesn't have between 10-25 paid for accounts and therefore have a BIG ability to sway the voting one way or another just like a person who *paid* other people to vote for their choice would, then I don't really have a problem with not limiting paid customers by IP....the only reason I threw that out there was because it would be more fair to do that since it limits EVERYBODY rather than singling out free accounts all together, especially when free account holders got to make suggestions via the blog. That's really what makes it unbalanced.....they didn't make this announcement until the voting part, so will all those who have free accounts and made suggestions be discounted? Is a free player eligible to be in the top 5 and therefore receive the prize? That's where my real problem lies. If free players were completely excluded, then they should have said that from the start and it'd be a different story...but they weren't so I am worried that all the free players who submitted suggestions are just gonna be passed over and not eligible for the prize, after some of them I know went through alot of hassle to be able to post in the first place. See what I mean? It's a matter of inconsistency......changing horses in the middle of the stream, so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh don't get me wrong. I agree. I can think of some other serious missteps in the whole process too. Like the blog being broken to new sign ups for at least 2 days after the call for suggestions was made.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Its been like 2 weeks now

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you're right! (Tee hee. That never gets old.)

I'm going to make a blog post in the next week or so.

G

After reading the many ideas, the idea most appealing to me is EA Bucks. It's catchy and it has the Entertainment Arts name to it, which is to my understanding the controller of the game. It would transition smoothly and players would know what it is.

K

KevinThom

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Its been like 2 weeks now

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you're right! (Tee hee. That never gets old.)

I'm going to make a blog post in the next week or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gives parizad that dramatic look. 0_o

Switches eyes. o_0

Closes eyes -_-.