• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We're Taking Your Simoleans!

G

That caught your attention didn't it?

We are changing the name of "simoleans", and letting you choose the new name! Please post in this blog entry with your suggestion for the new name. Post ONLY with your suggestion. All discussion will be removed. That's not to say that discussion is not welcome. In fact, I'm this Stratics thread just for discussion on this topic.

On Monday, I'll make another post with our favorite top 5 player suggestions. You guys will have 5-8 hours to vote for your favorite one, and viola! That will be the new name of our in-game currency.

The people that suggest the top 5 pick will receive 5,000 simoleans in EA-Land. If a person has more than one item in the top 5, then they will receive the simoleans x the number of times they're in the top 5.

The winner will receive the 5,000 in-game currency as mentioned above, and will have the extreme pleasure of knowing they named our in-game currency.

G

Well I hate to lose simoleans, but I saw this coming awhile ago.
Sad news tho.

Guess I gotta fix my blog PW again sigh. I get it sent to me, change it and then the next time I login its wrong again. Most annoying!

G

oooo.

edit: I assume the suggestions have to be PG-13 or PG or G?
*goes back to brainstorming*

G

<blockquote><hr>

How about Earupies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please put the suggestions on the blog.

Discussion will continue here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What's wrong with 'simoleans'?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that it is another move in the process of distancing our game from the Sims franchise.

B

borriquito

is this a joke?
whats wrong with this name? do the devs change everything in the game who remember on the Sims online?
some ppl say that we are not sims anymore we are "chars" lol
so now you want to take the name? wow thats a really stupid idea i think

G

<blockquote><hr>

is this a joke?
whats wrong with this name? do the devs change everything in the game who remember on the Sims online?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, we are suppose to call them 'avatars'.....

B

borriquito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, we are suppose to call them 'avatars'.....

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i can not find the diference &lt;.&lt;

G

I suggested Moola.....simple, easy to spell, and funny at the same time.

I

imported_Rare-Buyer

This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard of. "Simoleons" are just fine and have been fine for years, why change them now? Aren't there more important issues to focus on?

B

borriquito

<blockquote><hr>

This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard of. "Simoleons" are just fine and have been fine for years, why change them now? Aren't there more important issues to focus on?

[/ QUOTE ]

yay you say the truth^^

P

Paula777

Who cares .. I'm not gonna purchase any no matter what they're called...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

yay you say the truth^^

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Simoleons are fine!! Let's keep it the same it's been 4 -5 years now. Let's go for it! Keep it the Same!

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

yay you say the truth^^

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Simoleons are fine!! Let's keep it the same it's been 4 -5 years now. Let's go for it! Keep it the Same!

[/ QUOTE ]

I TOTALLY agree!!!
We wanna keep the Simoleons!!!
All those in favour say AYE!!!

Cat.

B

borriquito

lol i dont understand why they want to change it...
so mutch ppl are so angry of the updates and this stupid changes of names!
i think the game will not life a lot with this dumb ideas

sorry parizad but i only say what the morst of ppl think

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that it is another move in the process of distancing our game from the Sims franchise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I need to change my stratics name to monkeybeareal

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I need to change my stratics name to monkeybeareal

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with.... 'MonkeyNitaCreamSuit'

J

JRock

I'm thinking it shouldn't be anything that is already included in the dictionary. It should be a totally new made up word. Right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm thinking it shouldn't be anything that is already included in the dictionary. It should be a totally new made up word. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be anything that is age appropriate and does not break the ToS.

M

Monkeybear

I'll give you 15k Kebab's for your pet statue
*goes off brainstorming again*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

yay you say the truth^^

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't think this is taking too much time away from the Devs... seriously. I was fine with simoleans too but if this is what they want to do... and we get to vote for what we'd like
I'd say make sure you vote.

H

HoTDeViL

i really would like to post a suggestion on the blog but my registering there doesnt work lol. i dont get send the e-mail with the password

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

i really would like to post a suggestion on the blog but my registering there doesnt work lol. i dont get send the e-mail with the password

[/ QUOTE ]

neither do i

D

dinaj

I also agree with this, there seems to be a focus on giving the game things NEVER asked for and not enough focus on fixing the important things like all the log in error's, game crashing, avatar leasing etc.....

I personally do not want to lose the affilation to the sims!

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

neither do i

[/ QUOTE ]

awww mokeybear so we sit in the same boat. *BearHug*

D

dinaj

I would rather they change something in the game that will add FUN. Renaming money does nothing for my gameplay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well I hate to lose simoleans, but I saw this coming awhile ago.
Sad news tho.

Guess I gotta fix my blog PW again sigh. I get it sent to me, change it and then the next time I login its wrong again. Most annoying!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this was predictable with the whole 'separating from The Sims franchise' theme going on. The nostalgic part of me will miss it, but as long as another debacle like the name 'EA Land' doesn't happen, which I don't think it will since we the players are getting to name it and didn't have a voice in the name EA Land, then I am sure I can grow to embrace the new name. I do wonder though if it will get a new symbol and whether or not that new symbol will be able to be keyed by computer keyboards, the way I know the simolean symbol can (though don't as me how to do it, I don't remember
)

G

<blockquote><hr>

I do wonder though if it will get a new symbol and whether or not that new symbol will be able to be keyed by computer keyboards, the way I know the simolean symbol can (though don't as me how to do it, I don't remember
)

[/ QUOTE ]§§§§§§§§§§§
Alt+0167

G

Okay, so here's the scoop: Larry and Luc came up with a name for the in-game currency. The name was a complete suckfest. At the staff meeting on Tuesday, I was shocked, appalled, and disgusted.

So the guys were like, "Can the players think of a better name?"

I was like, "CHA HA, YEAH!!"

So there you go. If you don't think of something good, we'll have to go with EA-Land Dollars. Gag!

The word "simoleans" is going to go away from EA-Land. The question now is, are you going to be the one that makes history by coming up with the new name?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot login to the blog, my accounts seems to have been deleted on there??

G

Hey I think suckfest would be a great name for the currency... lol

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot login to the blog, my accounts seems to have been deleted on there??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think login on the blog is case sensitive. Maybe make sure you had your info right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey I think suckfest would be a great name for the currency... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Hilarious, but no. Sorry.

M

Monkeybear

I get

<blockquote><hr>

The e-mail could not be sent.
Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function...

[/ QUOTE ]

when trying to retrieve my password that I never recieved

G

Man now I am feeling like Monkeybear...

No, you can't have the money called Suckfest.

No, you can't have a creme colored bear body.

When will this injustice stop?

BTW... just kidding

G

Okay, we're working on the blog user issues now.

...and by "we're" I mean, "Laurent is."

I

imported_Fire Dragon

Is there a specific reason to change it?

Can we have the option to vote for the top five and/or keep it the same?

C

Cruz Cavera

I say Parizads.. I'll give you 2 Million Parizads for your Mystic Tree.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

yay you say the truth^^

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to point this out, but we're not voting on whether or not to change it....we're voting on what the new name is gonna be, the decision to change it has already been made, I am just grateful that we have a voice in what the new name will be, I was afraid that time was over with after EAL being named with no community input the way we got to name Dragon's Cove when it was 'born'. I'm not thrilled with the currency name not being 'simoleans' anymore either, but it sounds like that part isn't up for debate, so no sense in losing sleep or raising our bp's over that part.

As for my suggestion, I am still trying to think of one. Earupies sounds OK on one hand, but could be misunderstood since the first 3 letters spell 'ear'. It'd have to be EA-rupies or something like that to avoid that misunderstanding. Hmm.....if our sims are supposed to be avatars from now on, I think I have an idea for a name, but I won't say it here so it doesn't get swiped, since I, like Niki, have to do the password retrieval thing again, or create another user account, since now that I think of it, that account might have been created with the e-mail address that no longer is valid since we switched ISPs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I do wonder though if it will get a new symbol and whether or not that new symbol will be able to be keyed by computer keyboards, the way I know the simolean symbol can (though don't as me how to do it, I don't remember
)

[/ QUOTE ]§§§§§§§§§§§
Alt+0167

[/ QUOTE ]

*smooch* Katheryne saves the day again! OMG she's the EAL walkin-talkin-encyclopedia LMAO!

G

Laneda sounds good, its a mixed letter word for EALand (Forgot there is a term for that). Nadeal, Daneal or Lucean, just a few I came up with.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Laneda sounds good, its a mixed letter word for EALand (Forgot there is a word for that). Nadeal, Daneal or Lucean, just a few I came up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh gosh I know the word you're talking about.... I wanna say 'anagram' but I don't think that's it...I'll post it if I think of it and/or find it

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Laneda sounds good, its a mixed letter word for EALand (Forgot there is a word for that). Nadeal, Daneal or Lucean, just a few I came up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh gosh I know the word you're talking about.... I wanna say 'anagram' but I don't think that's it...I'll post it if I think of it and/or find it

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats it, anagram!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, so here's the scoop: Larry and Luc came up with a name for the in-game currency.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see something else behind this name change, but don't worry peoples, this time it's something good.