• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would You Still Play UO if it were All Fel Rules?

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Would you still play UO if it was all open PvP??

• Total voters
A

Aboo

No. I've played since UO first opened so I've been there and I would never go back. There are parts of that time that I miss terribly, but there are other parts that I disliked tremendously and that's enough to make me leave UO if it were that way again.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part of the reason I made this poll was because I have a true desire to understand why some people dislike PvP so much.
For me it's not a like/dislike PvP question. It's more of a "do I want to PvP?" question, just as most things in UO. Its the same as "do I want to go mining?" or "do I want to vendor shop?". I don't have to do either of those, but I can (though that does not change the fact that I could use ingots). I choose what aspect of UO appeals to me at the time and go enjoy whatever I choose to do.

I know many people are passionate about PvP and that's great. I will go watch them sometimes, and try not to get found (because watching in black and white sucks, because you can't see what's happening on the health bars). I just don't get into PvP much though, because its not my thing. I do PvP when I go mining, since I only mine in Felucca. I enjoy chumping the random Miner PK that comes by. They usually don't expect the miner to be a more than capable fighter (gotta kill the ore elementals somehow).

Stayin Alive,

BG

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

For me it's not a like/dislike PvP question. It's more of a "do I want to PvP?" question, just as most things in UO. Its the same as "do I want to go mining?" or "do I want to vendor shop?". I don't have to do either of those, but I can (though that does not change the fact that I could use ingots). I choose what aspect of UO appeals to me at the time and go enjoy whatever I choose to do.

I know many people are passionate about PvP and that's great. I will go watch them sometimes, and try not to get found (because watching in black and white sucks, because you can't see what's happening on the health bars). I just don't get into PvP much though, because its not my thing. I do PvP when I go mining, since I only mine in Felucca. I enjoy chumping the random Miner PK that comes by. They usually don't expect the miner to be a more than capable fighter (gotta kill the ore elementals somehow).

Stayin Alive,

BG
Just a quick question...

Wouldn't "don't get into PvP much" and "dislike PvP" be pretty much the same thing??

I don't mean to be rude, and I am not trying to start anything, it just seems to me that if PvP were something you liked, it would also be something you 'get into'. Am I misunderstanding the term 'get into' (or don't get into) here?

D

D'Amavir

Just a quick question...

Wouldn't "don't get into PvP much" and "dislike PvP" be pretty much the same thing??

I don't mean to be rude, and I am not trying to start anything, it just seems to me that if PvP were something you liked, it would also be something you 'get into'. Am I misunderstanding the term 'get into' (or don't get into) here?
There is a difference between dislike and not like. Like happy and sad. Its not one or the other. There are more options. I think that is what he meant at least.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Okay.

I always thought the definition of disliked was something you don't like.

I guess not??

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have played Siege exclusively for the last 3 years, there are lots of people here that have no wish to PvP, Crafters, PvMers, Merchants, Role Players. Granted not as many as there used to be, but that goes for the Pvpers as well and you can speculate all you want as to why the population has dropped, but I still see People Joining the "New" Guild and I still see newb books and candles on the Bank floor.

Everything is Fel here, Tokuno, Malas, Ilshenar, the peerless Dungeons... everything. It's not for everyone, but when you get tired of no risk, no real danger, everything insured, no housing, smart arse teenagers, 50,000,000 Gold Suits, nothing to lose Shards. Come check out our dis-functional Community Forums, second only to U-Hall in activity.

Do we still have problems that normal Shards do,..... yes, but when you see that AFK scripter walking a rail in Cove GZ mining, you can kill him. Thieves can actually do something besides stealing useless Artifacts in a Dungeon here.

Reds are not all evil, your just as likely to be killed by a Blue, just don't take it personal, give a count... you may get rezzed and given all your Items back, sometimes maybe more then what you died with. You might be Rk'ed, more then once is your fault for not knowing when to leave and cut your losses. Say hi to Krystal when you see her, she will kill you sooner or later, give her a count and she'll rez ya and light or no loot ya.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The day UO went back to all PVP areas except town guard zones would be the day i quit UO for good thank God that will never happen though. To me there is nothing fun about pvp killing monsters is fun but not pvp but thats just me.
As this thread would prove Lore, it's not just you. There are a lot of us.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Alright I have to add a bit I suppose.....

Black Rain... I hate to break this to you but not everyone plays UO for the same reasons..... If I played to "win" I'd be playing something offline..... like Balders Gate...... the beauty of UO is there is no "winning" and no "losing"... the game is.... or it isn't.

Each of us sets our own "goal" ingame.... if your "goal" is to be the most L33T PvP'r ... then I suppose you'd care if no one cared if Fel existed or not....

However if your "goal" is just to say GM every skill in the game.... then that's what it is.....

I play UO to RP.... I don't win or lose by how I PvP..... though it doesn't hurt to be good at it.

I don't ever "win" or "lose" unless it's in losing good players to other games.... which to me is losing.... so I suppose it depends on your perspective what is or isn't winning... or losing....

I don't want to have to look over my shoulder when I am shopping in Luna or anywhere else for that matter hoping that some theif or gank squad isn't sitting there waiting for me.... I don't want to have to make my homes private ever... I want my doors to always be open... and I don't want to have to go in a group everytime I want to hunt... or train,.... or gather resources..... I just want to have fun.... and I'm sorry but looking over my shoulder constantly worrying about the next gank squad just isn't very appealing to me..... I have enough stress in my daily life...

Now when I'm on my Knight and I want to deal out some Justice to murderous scum.... yeah you can bet I'll be looking for a fight.... but that's on my terms and on my time.... when I CHOOSE to battle.... it's not forced down my throat...

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part of the reason I made this poll was because I have a true desire to understand why some people dislike PvP so much.
Let me try to claer it up some...

Stayin Alive,

BG
Just a quick question...

I don't think you are being rude in the least bit. I interpreted your statement on "dislike" as an either/or scenario. You either enjoy PvP or you hate it. To me, "don't get into PvP much" and "dislike PvP" are two seperate things.

Let me address "dislike" first, it's easier. I am indifferent about PvP, I neither like nor dislike PvP. As I stated earlier, that question has no answer from me. PvP is part of the game. I choose to participate in PvP when I want and where I want. It is simply an activity that I can do in game, no different than crafting, exploring, or talking to someone else.

I "don't get into PvP much" because, most of the time, there is something else in UO I want to go do. I go out solely looking to PvP once in a blue moon. Now there are certain activities that expose me to potential PvP, and I accept that, because I chose to go there. I am prepared either to fight back, run away, or die (your basic three options) when I go there. If someone happens to come by am I discourage? No. Am I upset? No. Am I caught offguard? Sometimes. Will I win? Based on my definition of success, ALWAYS (understand that your measurement of success or failure is your own definition in UO). I don't want to sound concieted, but I have many definitions of success for many aspects of UO.

Stayin Alive,

BG

D

Dor of Sonoma

Would You Still Play UO if it were All Fel Rules?
Well, yes - since that is what I've been doing for the past 11 years anyway. :)

I have never moved from the original lands, and that is where all of my action takes place still - whether it's roleplaying, crafting, hunting or whatever else I like.

My major complaint is not other players (hey, I love PKers and thieves - even when they laugh at me), but that the Powers That Be keep insisting on rearranging our little world with unwelcome additions such as insurance, instanced looting, Desolation, itemized-everything, neon crap and flashy-blinky thingies.

I refuse to use insurance, never bother with fancy armor (I bloody hate using a sliderule to calculate how I should get dressed), and my weapon of choice against man and beast alike is a common skinning knife. It's fast, it's pointy and it gets the job done, when accompanied by skill and experience. Plus, if I lose it, big deal! I just grab another one off the nearest bandit or whatever.

Oh, and no special moves for me, either. *grins* I happen to think that mana on a warrior is like...well, I'll let you draw your own analogy. :D

The main point is that Felucca holds everything I need, unwelcomed changes aside.

P.S. All of my homes are set to Public, and none of them have vendors! :)

B

Bruin

What EA did wrong when introducing Trammel was that they put it on already existing servers. What they should've done instead was to open new servers with Trammel in them and then giving free character transfers from the old servers to the new servers.
+1

I would have said create carbon copies of the old shards, one fel, one trammel, and then you could chose to permanently stay on one of the two - but same idea.

With that said I play Siege, which is all fel rules, and how I prefer it.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- They do it some, but prefer the more "relaxed" environment of Trammel
I would not consider Trammel to be a more "relaxed" environment. There are plenty of places to go in that can be quite a challenge and stressful. Even if you are working an area of a dungeon, all it takes is that one passer by, with a couple nasties in tow to throw any sense of control in the wind. A great, recent example is the Moonglow invasion forces. Countless times a few of us were working together, only to have someone run on by and cause everyone to scramble to save your own skin. This was hardly relaxing.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I log onto Siege when I want to play an all Felucca ruleset.

Stayin Alive,

BG

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This poll shows that even amongst hardcore UO players, where you would find a massive proportion of PvPers, 50% would quit.

My estimate is 85% are non-PvPers, which means if UO ever becomes All Fel Rules, EA would shut down all servers within a month.

If you want to play all fel rules you can do it now. You can either play Seige or a freeshard.

The best growth strategy for UO would be to release a real 3D client and get rid of scripting and speedhacking. With 1 million plus subscribers, 150k would be PvPers and you could have several full PvP Atlantic population like shards.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
While I do a large portion of my game play in Felucca these days, I will say that without the Trammel Ruleset I doubt I'd still be playing UO. I remember the days when there was only Fel and T2A (I started in 1999), and by far and in large I wouldn't want to return to that era. Does that mean I'm completely happy with the game now? No, there's issues and changes that have been made or have popped up over the years I'd like to see addressed and possibly changed or removed, but on the whole I think Trammel was a benefit to the game more than a negative addition.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I have a few comments:

The results will be skewed by the number of posters here who left UO because of the creation of Trammel and the number of current players who never drop in here.

I have always felt that the better option (better than Trammel) would have been to introduce consensual-only PvP (at log on character would be forced to choose consensual or non-consensual PvP), changing ones "toggle" choice would only be offered at login. This option would not have adversely affected the community and history of the shards but would have ended the mass departures that were happening.

While Trammel clearly saved UO, it also damaged its community from that point onward. Far more players began playing a more "solo" style play. Most players created their own (one or more) crafters further reducing player interaction.

The new Trammel damaged community; the new Felucca magnified the immaturity and baser natures of the human race and removed most if not all of the "virtuous" characters from Felucca leaving those most in need of opposition, unchecked.

I am unsure if it is unfixable at this point. Clearly the clock is not going to be turned back. Is there a "fix" available going forward? I honestly do not know.

Regardless, I have loved this virtual world going on 12 years now. It remains for me the finest MMORPG in existence. Trammel was born of a hasty solution to a game-ending problem. Only time, and the existing and future technologies and staff, may tell if what was done, may be reversed without being undone.

I know of very few players more hooked, addicted, obsessed, or in love with UO than I. Yet had a solution similar to Trammel not been created, I would have left; was in the process of leaving!

Now if only the Dev's would quit killing off the crossover NPC's from Ultima into UO (Clanin and others come to mind) and bring back Lord British (or his sensible, virtuous successor), perhaps UO's future may still exceed its glorious past.

Elladan of Baja

P

Pasquinade

I started to play at the introduction of UO-R, but was brought to the game by a friend who played a few months before. He was PK'd a few times, but it did not seem to bother him. After UO-R he played between Tram and Fel quite often.

My few experiences with PvP made me realize that it wasn't for me. Even just having a guild tourney made me unhappy (even though I won, go figure). I know PVP is great for some and horrible for others, I just don't care for it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are a few points. Presented pretty much at random. (My original intro kinda sucked so I got rid of it.)

• I voted no. I played pre-Trammel and have no wish to go through that again. Let me assure everyone here who hasn't played pre-Trammel that it was far, far worse than the romance that surrounds it would lead you to believe.

• It was said early-on in this thread that Trammel was as competitive as Felucca, and that the only reason to prefer Trammel is that you are cut off from one particular aspect of competition, and that Trammel players weren't as good as Felucca players. In my skimming this thread I didn't see any challenges to this notion; sorry if I missed them.

The latter, who's better than who at UO and why and how they are better, is a subjective judgment. However, what is a factual issue is the issue of Trammel being as competitive as Felucca.

This is simply not true. The competition between players that occurs in Trammel rules facets is mostly self-chosen. Not every player wants a house in Luna. I, for example, when hunting in Trammel rules facets do not view myself as in competition with other players, just with the environment. Most Trammel players I've spoken to have similar views. The direct player-to-player competition in Felucca, by contrast, is by definition not self-chosen (apart from your being in Felucca at all, and the issue in this thread implies a lack of that choice). That's why it's called non-consensual PvP. Trammel by contrast is about choice. You can compete with, cooperate with, or only interact minimally with other players. It's up to you and them in about equal amounts.

• The competitive nature of Felucca is reflected in the posting styles of Trammel players and Felucca players. Note, for example, that the term "Trammie" as an insult was in common use by Fellies long before the term "Fellie" came to be. And it still isn't anywhere near commonly used as Trammie is. And when it is used, it's not-as-often used in an insulting way. Also note that you will way more often hear Fellies insulting Trammies than the opposite. Also note how quickly this post became about competition between Trammel and Felucca. I mean to come to no judgments about this; I don't mean to make this a basis for insults. I'm simply stating a fact that's really rather obvious.

• I haven't been to Felucca in a few months apart from a few quick trips. I expected to miss it way more than I have. I left that life behind for a lot of reasons, none of which would be contemplated, or, likely, believed, by a lot of the posters in this thread.

• There's a lot of reasons the vote in this poll is as close as it is currently. However, the results of the poll do not reflect the results of the in-game poll that's already taken place since the release of Trammel.

And I guess that's it.

-Galen's player

S

siyeng0

Originally Posted by BlacK RaiN
An NPC can attack you, kill you, loot your corpse and even trash talk you (lady mel trash talks!)

The thing that after 11+ years of UO that I cannot wrap my mind around is that there is a group of players in UO who only have a problem with this scenario if it's another player doing it to them and not a mindless NPC.

Of course, the mindless NPCs are no where near the challenge level of another human and the only thing I can come up with (the only difference) is that the trammies really can't stand playing videogames at a more challenging level.

I'd wager these are the same people who purchase a console game in the story and play it on "Easy."

Anything else is just bull****.
Its not a big deal but I'm not going to argue with you just to argue. If you want to discuss this, then start a new thread rather than derail your own thread... I think the discussion of this topic has gone well enough that I need not add to the derailment of it any further than I already have and am (with this post.)
The thing that after 5+ years of UO that I cannot wrap my mind around is that there is a group of players in UO who criticise the rest of the playerbase for not wanting to "compete," yet then run off in veils of passive-aggressive tears as soon as somebody refuses to instantly capitulate to their viewpoint on the forums.

Of course, PvP is nowhere near the intellectual challenge level of another human and the only thing I can come up with (the only difference) is that the anti-trammies, despite the fact that fighting in-game is apparently a sign of superior moral fibre, really can't stand competing with others with words rather than swords.

I'd wager these are the same people who think IRL that sport is the only real competition and anybody who'd rather do something involving, you know, words, is a snivelling little weakling.

Anything else is just bull****.

(P.S. - Do you not roleplay because you're afraid that you'll fail at it and look stupid? No. You don't roleplay because it bores you. Do I not PvP because I'm afraid that I'll die and lose my gold? No. I don't PvP because it bores me.)

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I delayed my voted to take some time to reflect upon this.

In the end, I voted no :D

Those of you that read the classic shard thread would find that I voted in favor of a classic shard.

Before people call me flip-flopping, the reason I voted in favor of a classic shard is for more variety of playstyles.

Having all shards revert to all Fel rules would effectively remove a playstyle, which I am dead against.

I am a trammalized feluccan. All my 11 years, I have been a peaceful PvM stud pre and post Trammel. I will defend myself when attacked, but in no way consider myself a PvP'r. Although it's not for me, I also recognize that there is a substantial portion of the playerbase that finds the PvP playstyle very appealing.

In honesty, I have to admit that I feel elated when I vanquish the players that flags on me. However, I have often been on the other end of that OoooOooO stick, and that feeling of elation escapes me at these times. I reflect then on how some of my vanquished foes must have felt, even when they were the ones that initiated the attack and come mentally prepared to lose/die.

For me, I have come to the realization that I am not ready for the PvP aspect of the game at this time :D

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The results so far aren't surprising.

The people who already PvP would stay if there was only open PvP.

The people who don't would leave.

There are a few people who voted the other way, but not many.

My conclusion: PvPers want PvP. Non PvPers don't.

In other words, "duh."

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

In other words, "duh."
Well...I think everyone knew that much. The question wasn't "Would you PvP if you had a choice" (like now). The question was "Would you keep playing UO if it were all Fel rules, like it started".

Granted, I knew the responses of several of the posters here well in advance of when they posted them, but it was good to hear the why aspect of it, rather than just the Yes/No.

I think reading the results has made me understand the so-called "Trammie" mindset...and considering I spend like 95% of my time in Trammel these days, I guess it makes me one of them.

I wouldn't like to see PvP removed from the game, but at the same time, I understand why a majority of the players choose not to engage in it. But I have seen posts in other threads that lead me to believe that there are some players that would like to see it done away with, or at the very least...see it completely isolated from the game and have the devs never do anything for the PvPers. That is what I am really trying to get an understanding of.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe.....

It's hard to say with insurance now, and some of the things they way they are... if it was the same game as it is today, I am not sure.

I did very well in just being a vendor / tradeskills.

But, given the rampant use of THOSE programs, alot of people have GM/Legendary characters that normally wouldn't, so that affects your ability to have a successful character/vendor.

If I had to make a choice, I would say no, because of those programs that uo too easy to play for people who are lazy.

A

Aboo

I've played since the day UO opened so I've been there when there was nothing but Felucca. If it went back to that I would not still be in UO. There are parts of those days that I miss terribly, but there are parts that cause me considerable misery and I would choose to not revisit that time.

When I want to experience what it was like I go play on Siege. I love Siege because it gives you the feel of how the community used to be back then. It makes you work for what you get and appreciate it. I am not good at PvP, never have been it's just not my cup of tea so I choose to not do it. I play Siege not for the PvP but for the community.

However, I also like to just get in UO and play without the worry that an all Felucca playset would bring. I love decorating houses. I love doing PvM. I love exploring. I can do all that on LS, Trammel side and I like it that way. And LS has an awesome community spirit too thanks to the many dedicated players who make it so.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

They are afraid of risk?...la
Some are, for certain. But with insurance, what is the risk? When UO was all Fel, there was no insurance, so you died...you lost all your stuff. That was risk. Now, most players have at least a few million gold in the bank, so the insurance hit is not that worrisome. The only "risk" I see is maybe feeling bad because you got "pwned"...but really, who cares? It's not like dying to 3 gankers is something to be ashamed of. I guess b/c I played when it was all Fel, I got used to not caring about dying so much. Now with insurance, I REALLY don't care about dying :D Death in UO is a joke now. There is no risk anymore, anywhere.

Yes, I know...Siege, so don't bother...la.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd still play but the people we would lose to any drastic change would affect my decision later on. If i see the game as a lost cause then i'd move on. Anything that loses players is a bad idea except if it were to bring more players back which i don't believe this would. Fixing bugs cheats and exploits is different than changing the playstyle of current players.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. I would still play UO if it was all open PvP , but ONLY without insurance.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sighs and knows it will have lost it's humor by having to explain it*

In the movie Starsky and Hutch, Hutch dresses up and the character shown had a funny line he used..."Do it!". When you mentioned Siege...I was hinting with the pic for you to make the move...to Siege. Do it!...la

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

In the movie Starsky and Hutch, Hutch dresses up and the character shown had a funny line he used..."Do it!". When you mentioned Siege...I was hinting with the pic for you to make the move...to Siege. Do it!...la
You move to Atlantic. I have a whole guild to run over here!:D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

In other words, "duh."
Not true.....

I PvP..... Not on a constant and regular basis..... but I do PvP... when the need arises in an RP way.... I prefer to keep my PvP with Purpose... not just gank....

The reason I voted that I would leave is there are FAR greater things I enjoy in UO than PvP.... I do NOT wish to be forced to only be on characters that CAN PvP.... Or to Hideout in my house because Joe Blow and the gank squad decided that it would be cool to target me.... I don't want to look over my shoulder all the time when I'm just playing to relax for Joe and his gank squad.....

And most of all ....... Until the rampant use of 3rd party programs, cheats and Hacks are addressed... I do NOT wish to have to deal with them....

The reason I don't spend more time in Fel is because I REFUSE to use all the cheats and hacks just to "compete"....

Also would be the reason you don't see me in any of the factions either. Trust me I do like to PvP..... Infact I very much enjoy it..... what I don't enjoy is dealing with cheaters.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As a Siege player my vote is a big YES
But no item insurance and blessing please

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd give it a chance, but most likely I would stop playing (or at the very least wouldn't have more than 1 account open).
There are too many childish players that do nothing but try to ruin the fun of others. In Trammel, they're almost always very easy to ignore. In Felucca, however, you are forced to deal with them more often than not.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hmm I think a better question would be Would you play if it was all trammel ruleset! and did away with pvp
NO, NEVER, EVER, I would had been gone 9 years ago if it was not for Siege

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You move to Atlantic. I have a whole guild to run over here!:D
I already have all my old characters developed on Atlantic (played there 3 or so years), but I moved most of my cash with a toon, over to LS. Maybe I'll dust my thief off. I'll send you a war request so I can steal from your guild...and if you catch me...you can have your pets kill me...la

B

Beastmaster

One rather belligerent poster here insists on Fel rule set being dubbed "hard mode" while the Trammel rule set is "easy mode".

I fail to see how slaying miners and lumberjacks is "hard". How can slaying a red lined tamer with a beast breathing down his neck be considered "hard"? Maybe its very difficult to stay in stealth mode with your archer with so many other beasts roaming about.

The only thing "hard" about Fel rule set is being on the receiving end of the lazy ******* taking the "easy" way out. It is reality. You cannot enjoy all the game has to offer to its fullest extent if you are forced to build every character to cope with PvP. The "Trammies" know this. They also know it doesn't have to be a competition of you against every other player. It is rather a relationship between your characters and the game. PvP is but a trivial part of the game to the majority of players.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know about everyone else, but when I think classic, I think about the items more then the ruleset. I want a shard where I can have my old power and vanqs again. I love UO, I play both Fel (where I live) and Tram (where I visit). But I really think that AoS hurt the game in more ways then it helped. But who knows.....

Tom

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted Yes, but only if the Dev FIXED THE DANG CHEATS, HACKS, AND SCRIPTS! It still Cheezes me off that a smart mouthed punk with an attitude problem killed me in my PRIVATE Fel castle through the walls. For the record he belongs to a pvp guild on Legends well known for their rampant and blantant use of cheats, hacks, and scripts. :p

On the upside it'd be nice to clean out the 23/7-AFK-Banksitters lol!!!