• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would You Still Play UO if it were All Fel Rules?

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Would you still play UO if it was all open PvP??

• Total voters
C

Cutblade

What do age have to do with this?

Are you calling me immature because I, a woman, age 54 love fel ruleset and have a red RP char?

If you look at the Siege community, you will find alot around 50 years. Some do PvP, some do PvM or crafting but they did still choose Siege over the other shards. I believe the avg age on Siege is 30+

It's fair enough, you do not like PvP and never would play on an all PvP shard but you do not need to trash talk the ones who enjoy the fel ruleset.

It's sounds very immature to me!
I am not young neither..getting ready to turn 40 this August..my best friend whom got me into UO is almost 45. We both enjoy the ruleset of Felucca (old school) as well.

I too hate getting sterotyped as a young punk ganking machine :talktothehand:

I believe people don't like the idea of getting their stuff taken away. Which is understandable. But try to look at this way..if a theif takes it you may or may not know it was taken. If you get "ganked" you at least know they are after something on you or in your pouch.

I like to PvP in groups of three. I never run alone. Especially without a healer. If your one of them types that wonder aimlessly alone...then thats not smart on your end. Would you walk through a war zone alone>? Use of caution is your best defense and having the right skills. C'mon lets get real here. If you enjoy hunting do as they did back in the old school days..look for a mercenary guild to protect you, have allies, make friends with PvPers, do something besides keep yourself all balled up in a shell waiting for someone to crack it so you can complain the game is not fair...well guess what...its not fair for pvpers either..to take the "game" away from our passion they started out with and give the non-pvpers an escape goat. An escape goat to keep players whom go idle and like to cruise around happy. Well hell fire..how have they kept pvpers happy? Gave us uber weapons to pacify the time against each other? Just what exactly has EA done for the PvPers of UO? They basically put us pvpers in our own world to kill each other off with no "game".
And with this I protest the "care bear" shards.... This game started out with an all Felucca ruleset and will ALWAYS be around jabbing at EA or whomever else we may get consumed by. Real question is... just who reads these post gives a damn for PvPers? :cursing:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A BIG NO for both me and my wife. We're both around 50 years old and have no desire to play a game spending our time being ganked by juveniles. I'm talking maturity levels not age, so don't get upset with that statement.

This is such an old dead horse issue... But no, the day UO goes full on PvP again is the exact same day we cancel out of UO for good and go back to EverQuest or World of Warcraft where decency and maturity is still considered a viable playing style.
Sorry, but jerks come in all flavors... that includes Trammelites.

Thanks.

K

Kruniac

Yeah. I play free shards simply because UO has gone to hell. Raping newbies isn't very entertaining when you can be a trammlet.

Makes me sick.