• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOs new forums

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really think it is a good idea to post pics of players doing illegal activities? Whether the pic is real or not.

Policing should be done by professionals. That's why UO has a paging feature.
Yes I do think it’s a good idea. Nothing wrong with a name and shame policy.

Professionals!? Pfft.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always found that when someone attacks anothers missuse of a word or grammer they tend not to have much of an argument to begin with. Just saying.
There was no attack. I merely pointed out someone’s poor grammar and corrected them. Ignoring it just means they will continue to misuse it with the potential for future embarrassment. Do we now live in such a snowflake world that correcting someone’s mistake is frowned upon? Every day is a school day.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was no attack. I merely pointed out someone’s poor grammar and corrected them. Ignoring it just means they will continue to misuse it with the potential for future embarrassment. Do we now live in such a snowflake world that correcting someone’s mistake is frowned upon? Every day is a school day.
Once got a infraction for trolling when I pointed out Mesanna's grammar and spelling mistakes in some UO.com post :gee: You better watch out!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why shouldn’t it be allowed? (Allowed rather than the aloud as you wrongly stated
Corrected and well done grammar police, I shall fire my auto-correct for that mistake at once! Now the bigger question since yours was already answered in my post... have you been ALLOWED back on the official forums? I remember you having some random login/account activity issue...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sometimes rules have to be put in place due to some people and not because of others. It would be a massive PITA to monitor as a MOD and eventually someone will get accused of something they didn't do. That is why it shouldn't be allowed.
A lot of times it is something people do. This is the only forum I've seen that doesn't allow the calling out of names. I feel it's more to protect the people that are really doing things wrong than not.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Corrected and well done grammar police, I shall fire my auto-correct for that mistake at once! Now the bigger question since yours was already answered in my post... have you been ALLOWED back on the official forums? I remember you having some random login/account activity issue...
No he hasn't because he doesn't have an ACTIVE account like all the other people that post there do. LOL So he comes here to troll as normal

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No he hasn't because he doesn't have an ACTIVE account like all the other people that post there do. LOL So he comes here to troll as normal
I don't think it's that strict. My UO account run out like two weeks ago and I didn't renew it yet, but I can still post there and my profile says 'active account'. Just saying..

I guess you just need an active account to register and there are no checks after that..

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Apparently, it's just the log in function that does the active check. If you sign out, you won't be able to sign back in. Tested myself today with the help of Mariah.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm so weak...I broke down an made an account over there *sigh*
I just kinda lurk over there. Honestly there really is no more of a response on those boards from the devs than there has ever been here. Kinda sad really. Was hoping that would at least be a benifit of an "official" UO forum. Sadly it does not appear to be the case.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just kinda lurk over there. Honestly there really is no more of a response on those boards from the devs than there has ever been here. Kinda sad really. Was hoping that would at least be a benifit of an "official" UO forum. Sadly it does not appear to be the case.
Don't they still run this forum from the focus group on ToL? With people under NDA? I guess that's the place where they talk to the worthy..

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone else noticed that sometime in the last few days, Broadsword modified the official forum so it automatically boots you out after a while? It can be very annoying to be working on a post and then find out when you try to submit it that you've been logged out and all of your post is lost. It is also a bit annoying to have to log in every time you visit.
Yes.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone else noticed that sometime in the last few days, Broadsword modified the official forum so it automatically boots you out after a while? It can be very annoying to be working on a post and then find out when you try to submit it that you've been logged out and all of your post is lost. It is also a bit annoying to have to log in every time you visit.
Probably because we found a flaw that allowed people with an inactive account to still post so long as they didn't log out.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the reason they did it was if you had an account and were logged in and your account went dormant you could still post. It was a way to fix people without active accounts from posting.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There were posts here on Stratics saying that even after their sub expired that they could still post because they never logged off and now after a time period you are kicked off and need to log back on so it can ck to see if your account is active
Gotcha. I was trying to figure out who the "we" was/is. :)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It doesn't matter. This is another example of how conversations get derailed into stupid conversation and bickering. The pronoun we is self explanatory. Me and someone else, or many someone elses, figured out an issue that this new observation of being logged out may be the result of.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesn't matter. This is another example of how conversations get derailed into stupid conversation and bickering. The pronoun we is self explanatory. Me and someone else, or many someone elses, figured out an issue that this new observation of being logged out may be the result of.
Lighten up it was a simple question. This whole thread is about the new forum and so was that portion of it. He didn't question the who but how it was being done.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I said some days ago that I could still post there despite of an inactive account at that point. Someone replied they worked it out with the help of a Mod over there, and now it seems they delete sessions once per day so everybody has to log in once per day ;)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
went over to the new forums to read what some people are posting. Man Does UO now have their hands full. They just added another mess they have to monitor when they had perfectly good working forums dedicated to their game. I will forever not understand their logic.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if post over there will slow down

I went to reply twice and found that I was logged out and didn’t bother logging in, call me lazy (or maybe the effort of logging in wasn’t worth it to me lol)

I think I have been logged in to stratics for half a year now. Only time I get logged outs because of comp or tablet updates.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I consider that forum as READ only... I will not post there and will not log in to it.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
went over to the new forums to read what some people are posting. Man Does UO now have their hands full. They just added another mess they have to monitor when they had perfectly good working forums dedicated to their game. I will forever not understand their logic.
LOL You could say this about most things they have done in the last 5 , 10 ? Years

When anther dev added ninjas “because their COOL” I thought we had seen the worst of it from devs.
BUT Hell no we now have dinosaurs and my little pony mounts WTF LOL
Elf’s before Orcs or goblins wth.
EA has done a few star wars games Star Wars is cool right ?
Well to be fair Ultima has always had a sifi edge in its single player games.
New vet reward Lazer gun and life saver.

Highs seas WHAT A GRIND just to fire a cannon F@$& ME no thank you

They should have went steam punk meets Tim Burton if anything imho and that’s lame tbh.

Sorry rant over.........

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL You could say this about most things they have done in the last 5 , 10 ? Years

When anther dev added ninjas “because their COOL” I thought we had seen the worst of it from devs.
BUT Hell no we now have dinosaurs and my little pony mounts WTF LOL
Elf’s before Orcs or goblins wth.
EA has done a few star wars games Star Wars is cool right ?
Well to be fair Ultima has always had a sifi edge in its single player games.
New vet reward Lazer gun and life saver.

Highs seas WHAT A GRIND just to fire a cannon F@$& ME no thank you

They should have went steam punk meets Tim Burton if anything imho and that’s lame tbh.

Sorry rant over.........
one of the funniest rants ive read in a while. For some reason i was reading it in the voice of "ozzy man reviews" Ozzy Man Reviews

really got a good chuckle.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It feels like you're getting logged out of there a lot more often than once per day.
Yea classic Broadsword fix.. quick quick quick... half done.. barely tested...

Like "Oh there is an bugged particle effect in EC? We fixed it by disabling all particle effects for you.."

So tired of it but still can't let UO go :|

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haha Ozzy Man

Now it’s stuck in my head as well lol

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Highly doubt there is ever going to be any more responses from the DEVs than there ever was here...

Honestly I haven't bothered even signing in on that forum.. and I have zero intention of posting anything there.
I still maintain my conviction that I will NOT log in or post over there...
I consider that forum as READ only... I will not post there and will not log in to it.
We all know why you don't post on that forum.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

But on a serious note..
The fact that there has not been any sort of official forum managed by EA/BS for all these years is the original problem. I personally think this should have happened like right when BS took over stuff. Stratics was contracted out as the official forums years ago... Right around the time Stratics stopped allowing RMT. To my knowledge, that contract ended a few years ago and was never renewed. We remained the non-official/official forums regardless. I am happy they have their own setup now, and I think it is a good way to channel more new and returning players. But for me, I am content posting here mainly. Stratics just feels like home, and we get to be a little more rowdy and unfiltered (within reason :lick:) here too.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unfiltered... LOL This is the most filtered communication medium out there.

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope the developers continue to post here despite the official forums opening, I would much rather read this forum, than the official one.
Hasn't been any posts since February though, so I'm a bit concerned.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new forum is wierd.
I suspended my real accout in preparation of EJ. I cannot log in with it. I do not even get an error message. It just pops back to the previous screen just like nothing happened at all.
The interesting part is, that if you create a new trial account, which obviously never received any payment, you can log in without any issues (but you have read-only rights and can't post).
Very inconsistent...