• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOs new forums

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really question the intent/integrity of the "Official" UO Forums. I received a message (that included me and FIVE moderators) yesterday letting me know that my signature (the same signature I use here) was being deleted. Apparently it wasn't considered respectful. When I replied and asked exactly what wasn't respectful about being against people who violate the UO ToS, I was told "since we all know it is a topic that can and does get folks excited we would prefer it not not be mentioned at all. " Talk about burying your collective heads in the sand. "Let's not talk about it and hope it goes away". Or even worse! When I then stated that "Wow! ROFL. So some of the "big name" players, who are ALSO gold buyers/sellers (in violation of the ToS might get their feelings hurt. Gotcha. What is wrong with folks getting excited about something that hurts the game?" I haven't received a response, and honestly don't expect to.

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix Is this the level of censorship that can be expected from the "official" *cough, cough* forum? A level that (in my opinion) allows tacit approval for the RMT sites/players?

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new forum is wierd.
I suspended my real accout in preparation of EJ. I cannot log in with it. I do not even get an error message. It just pops back to the previous screen just like nothing happened at all.
The interesting part is, that if you create a new trial account, which obviously never received any payment, you can log in without any issues (but you have read-only rights and can't post).
Very inconsistent...
That’s because your account at this time is neither a paid account (which gives read/write access to the forums) nor an EJ account (which gives read only access). It’s in limbo pending the time it takes to qualify for being an EJ account.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really question the intent/integrity of the "Official" UO Forums. I received a message (that included me and FIVE moderators) yesterday letting me know that my signature (the same signature I use here) was being deleted. Apparently it wasn't considered respectful. When I replied and asked exactly what wasn't respectful about being against people who violate the UO ToS, I was told "since we all know it is a topic that can and does get folks excited we would prefer it not not be mentioned at all. " Talk about burying your collective heads in the sand. "Let's not talk about it and hope it goes away". Or even worse! When I then stated that "Wow! ROFL. So some of the "big name" players, who are ALSO gold buyers/sellers (in violation of the ToS might get their feelings hurt. Gotcha. What is wrong with folks getting excited about something that hurts the game?" I haven't received a response, and honestly don't expect to.

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix Is this the level of censorship that can be expected from the "official" *cough, cough* forum? A level that (in my opinion) allows tacit approval for the RMT sites/players?
Obviously we don't agree completely about rmt but I do 100% agree that they should at the very least put a good front about it. It just screams that not only do they not care about rmt but by taking a stand against your signature they seem to be endorsing it. That is odd.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll just say that even if I decide to subscribe, which I'm thinking about doing. I'll still be on Stratics, UO forums will never have that community feeling and I feel bad for the new comers that might miss out on it. I'm not saying anything bad about the UO forums it has its place for some things I guess...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

RMT is EAs policy thus making it BS policy and anything that has been started about what EA does or does not do is quickly shut down to avoid a huge fight between the cheating is ok crowd and the cheating is not ok crowd.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I received a message (that included me and FIVE moderators) yesterday letting me know that my signature (the same signature I use here) was being deleted. Apparently it wasn't considered respectful. When I replied and asked exactly what wasn't respectful about being against people who violate the UO ToS, I was told "since we all know it is a topic that can and does get folks excited we would prefer it not not be mentioned at all. "
Sounds like the RMT folks reported you for defamation... just saying HAHAHA :p. I think what they are trying to say though is that your signature is considered the elephant in the room and might derail other threads that aren't talking about RMT, I don't personally like it either as it's taken to a far extreme but agree it's illegal and been a problem for years

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll just say that even if I decide to subscribe, which I'm thinking about doing. I'll still be on Stratics, UO forums will never have that community feeling and I feel bad for the new comers that might miss out on it. I'm not saying anything bad about the UO forums it has its place for some things I guess...
Stratics has the best Tamer Forum and is The Official Forum of Endless Journey! :cheerleader:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I hinted their trade forum was full of gold sellers the mods jumped in with denial and asking for proof.

The next time it came up I attached a screenshot from another forum as proof. The thread was deleted within an hour.

Then there is the facebook site..

IMO pretty obvious who got Mesanna's ear there.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm extremely skeptical of anything most of you guys say. My expectation of intelligence is pretty low. I'd imagine it's the same for the mods on the official forums.

Just because you all think something is going on, doesn't mean it's going on. Shocker, I know. What's your saying you were modded for there, would also get you modded here.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I emailed Mesanna about this issue, and no, I don't think anyone would include me in a group of @Mesanna 's "friends". ROFL I am happy to report that my signature was restored on the "official" UO forum. :)

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I emailed Mesanna about this issue, and no, I don't think anyone would include me in a group of @Mesanna 's "friends". ROFL I am happy to report that my signature was restored on the "official" UO forum. :)
SMH. I don't understand why you would waste the game producers time with something that petty.

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
At least he got some kind of a reaction. Within the last couple of weeks, I've e-mailed her about something I was concerned about and on a totally different, positive topic sent her, Kyronix, and one of the EM's a message via the official forum. I've had no reply at all to either. On the second topic, it would have been easy for one of the three to just reply, "That's great news!" However, I haven't seen any kind of response at all.
Keith got a quick reply because of this reason.
"we would prefer it not not be mentioned at all."

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Im loving this thread.

Thank you for the free speech

Lasted until the first Mod woke up.

Now we know what @Mervyn s record is. LOL How did you like that few hours of Free Speech. They could have moved it to the Forum Feedback area. But Nope. :troll: GO Mervyn!
He neglected to mention that only the 5 newest warnings are from the current moderation team. I was the very first person hired after the old-staff left and that was November 2014. He conveniently also failed to realize that despite all those warnings, he's still here... how many other forums out there would let someone stay that broke the rules 22 times....

The way the "ignoring mod/admin warnings" one works is we use that when someone breaks the same rule they were already warned for recently. So 4/5 of the ones this moderation team has given were for personal attacks. Yet he tried to downplay those by mentioning the inappropriate language one as if they were all equal in severity.

He's pretty much trying to blame us for things he got warned for literally years before most of us were even staff members, which I think is hilarious.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im loving this thread.

Thank you for the free speech

Lasted until the first Mod woke up.
I actually flagged that thread and was happy they closed it, such false accusations were made on his part and was pretty much playing the victim on another forum. The numbers don't lie and considering our Progressive Discipline Points System | Stratics Community Forums there's so many chances given including this important fact "Warning points will expire after a 1 calendar year from the date they were received". Also I don't think you can mention Stratics or even post threads from here on their site... so it was bound to get closed either way

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is anybody else getting this message when trying to log into the "Official Forums"?

"An error occurred during authentication."