• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOs new forums

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don’t mean to come across a negative of insulting to them,

I find it dreary and seems to be lacking character or something I can’t put my finger on it

Once again I mean no offense, I just feel it’s missing a genuine community feel or something....

I can’t find the words maybe someone here can

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's okay to like both. You don't have to limit yourself to one thing...

But yea, the overall feel isn't as user friendly as I find stratics. There's a lot of QOL things Stratics has that I've grown used to.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You expect EA to pay for an expensive forum software? ;)
BS is not a part of EA, BS was hired to manage UO and EA collects all the money from subs and sells. What BS does with UO is all from the money EA gives them to manage UO, it is all BS.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are pretty boring. I was hoping for more traffic. Some of the requests there are pretty stupid. The devs do not acknowledge when you post a bug. You would think they would be on top of that since that is next. Since they dont play you would think they would be happy that we are telling them what does not work.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Not like I'm a Stratics fan boi or anything. But it's harsh going from these forums over to UO's. UO's forums remind me very much of Usenet if anyone remembers that from the 90s. They are sorta the minimum possible structure for a forum. A like button and some color would go a long way.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theyve diluted the posting community. Only 8 topics here on uhall commented on in the last two days? Its killing stratics but hasnt enough of a hold to surpass it. No one wins.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theyve diluted the posting community. Only 8 topics here on uhall commented on in the last two days? Its killing stratics but hasnt enough of a hold to surpass it. No one wins.
I really hope your wrong about it kill stratics

And I have a feeling after a few months it will be died over there like others here have said “they don’t even respond to bug reports or chime in on anything” people posting will get sick of the non stop closed threads and lack of answers from them I think

It feel more like home here

It’s also funny we can’t use the word Stratics over there, most be scared any new forums post might leave to come here

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Highly doubt there is ever going to be any more responses from the DEVs than there ever was here...

Honestly I haven't bothered even signing in on that forum.. and I have zero intention of posting anything there.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But without a like button, then they can stay in their :cheerleader: world and pretend that everything is roses. If there was a like button, and no one liked it, well, it could lead to :sad3::sad2:
LOL
Just because noone clicks like, doesn't mean, that anyone dislikes it...
I have yet to click a single like button anywhere on the net. Like buttons are stupid. If I want to give a proper answer, I reply in full sentences, which isn't as easy to misinterpret like as a measly like.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Highly doubt there is ever going to be any more responses from the DEVs than there ever was here...
Kyronix is quite active there. Well, at least I read already a handful of quite long responses to certain threads.

Honestly I haven't bothered even signing in on that forum.. and I have zero intention of posting anything there.
You don't have to log in to read everything.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really hope your wrong about it kill stratics

And I have a feeling after a few months it will be died over there like others here have said “they don’t even respond to bug reports or chime in on anything” people posting will get sick of the non stop closed threads and lack of answers from them I think

It feel more like home here

It’s also funny we can’t use the word Stratics over there, most be scared any new forums post might leave to come here
Stratics has been used but you can not link to here

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix is quite active there. Well, at least I read already a handful of quite long responses to certain threads.

You don't have to log in to read everything.
Kyronix has been busy in the PUB thread but as far as other posts some mods have posted links to the UO wiki or closed threads but that is about it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree it was a bad idea to split the UO community into multiple forums. Stratics will be fine though, we have an inherent advantage. They are the official UO forum so are chained to only UO players forever, while we are not so can just find posters who play other games if we run out of UO players one day.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think that anything from UO will kill Stratics is a silly notion and really nonsensical.
If you look at the mechanics of the forum alone you will see that. Also if you begin to fathom the quality and value of most of the posts here, you will see that. The UO forum will eventually be just that. There is no possible way that it can ever compete with Stratics, for many reasons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I counted the other day, and 3 of the 1st 10 posts in general discussion had been closed by a moderator.

Ha. They closed the community post already.

Does anybody know who the mods are? Where did they come from? Was there a application process?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It will be summer soon. Things will get even slower. What am I to do while I am doing boring stuff like skilling.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ha. They closed the community post already.

Does anybody know who the mods are? Where did they come from? Was there a application process?
They closed it because the person that started it did so as a troll, Stratics would have done the same thing.

In the old UO Forum the MODs were people that worked for UO so I would guess that is the same this time, DEVs and GM.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would UOs Forum hurt Stratics more than any other forum that talks about UO? Stratics has survived them all.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree it was a bad idea to split the UO community into multiple forums. Stratics will be fine though, we have an inherent advantage. They are the official UO forum so are chained to only UO players forever, while we are not so can just find posters who play other games if we run out of UO players one day.
Add a RuneScape sub forum :)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really because mine always said "Squeaky wheel gets the grease"... which meant if you have a problem with something and say nothing it will NEVER change.
So this may blow you and your parents mind, but if you're having a problem it's possible to come to a solution without insulting others. If you can't make your own point on the topic without demeaning another person, it's because your own problem maybe isn't as big as the other person's point.

My parents told me, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. And it applies to complaining as well. If I have a complaint, such as rares, and I make a point about why the rares aren't fair and the other person insults me and doesn't make their own point on the topic, I consider that a win and I think the other person just isn't intelligent enough to put their own thoughts into real words. It's much easier to insult someone than it is to come up with a solution or to express an issue.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I counted the other day, and 3 of the 1st 10 posts in general discussion had been closed by a moderator.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the mods so far. They all introduced them self one day by each of them closing a different thread so we could all see their shiny titles. Not that I would ever want to be a forum moderator, but I AM curious where they saw the posting that got them those positions, so I'm just going to assume they're all "close friends".

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the mods so far. They all introduced them self one day by each of them closing a different thread so we could all see their shiny titles. Not that I would ever want to be a forum moderator, but I AM curious where they saw the posting that got them those positions, so I'm just going to assume they're all "close friends".
LOL I call it the Mesanna Butt Kiss Club :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll say Lucs post about the UO store wont last until noon central.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The usual, someone else has a bit of power so they must be butt kissers and hated on comments that come up for EVERYTHING ever. I haven't seen any questionable moderations yet. I'm not blind though so I do anticipate them. Stratics, however, has gotten a lot better I must say. I do miss harping on Merlin.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the old UO Forums the MODs were the DEVs and other employees of UO so I would assume that the same holds true because it is UOs official forum. As far as the closed threads which of them do you think should of stayed open.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It wasn't really closed rudely either, but to be fair I harp on Stratics for stupid closings and that one seemed stupid. No harm in letting that conversation play out.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It wasn't really closed rudely either, but to be fair I harp on Stratics for stupid closings and that one seemed stupid. No harm in letting that conversation play out.
That post is all EA not UO.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The usual, someone else has a bit of power so they must be butt kissers and hated on comments that come up for EVERYTHING ever. I haven't seen any questionable moderations yet. I'm not blind though so I do anticipate them. Stratics, however, has gotten a lot better I must say. I do miss harping on Merlin.
Dude it is no secret that Mesanna has her special little clique of players that get VIP treatment. Not a stretch to assume those same people are the Official forum mods.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To paraphrase Caesar (or whoever!) - I came, I saw, I got outta Dodge.

I snooped around once ... lodged my dislike of linked password stuff and left. have not been back and won't. Devs want a fan club - they got it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And it was closed for the exact reason it should have been closed earlier so your point is.
You seriously think I would be a good Mod since I know what threads to close.... Maybe I am the one who closed it. :eyes: