• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center - Publish 64 and Patch Notes!

U

UOKaiser

Oh by the way, calculate the effect of JoaT Gift of Renewal with a L6 Focus and you'll know why humans are still better than elves.
Yea I voided my whole argument on that as I thought somewhere in there it said that the joalt mr and sr bonus for humans no longer applied which would of made humans not the better choice for maximum playability. So I have no reason to make my humans elf at the moment unless those bonuses no longer applied.

W

Walkerboh77

as long as 120 myst and 120 focus or imbuing is the same as 120 myst/120 imbuing/120 eval was pre patch.
this is the question for the moment....i will have to wait to see how testing plays out...

i'm a big tester....i picked up the dirty habit from the other mythic game i played(DAoC)

U

UOKaiser

this is the question for the moment....i will have to wait to see how testing plays out...

i'm a big tester....i picked up the dirty habit from the other mythic game i played(DAoC)
Im gonna test it this weekend if it's still on test against the production shard results. most likely though someone is gonna test it first. Stupid miner already put up a good list though and will test his results first if i get the chance. Which reminds me the trouble with gargoyels when we were testing it. They nerfed the abilty for them to wear jewerlry mods on armor at the last minute but forgot to fix the gargoyels vulnerabilities for that nerf. So we end up with what we got now useless.

B

Black Spirit

Imbuing is not the only skill associated with Mysticism now. Players can use EITHER their Focus skill or Imbuing skill. Evaluate Intelligence no longer has any effect on a Mystic’s spell power

so this means ? a mystic no longer has to have imbuing and can have focus instead? giving mana and hp regen to boot? and there is no need for eval (or is there a replacement?) or is focus also the new eval?
if so this will free up a skill slot and give me a mana boost and hp regen boost?
and i though my gargoyle was fun before holy stuff batman !!

or does eval still effect things like colossus?
Hello,

I have just checked my gargoyle char which has;
120 magery
120 mysticism
120 meditation
120 imbuing
120 eval intel
120 resist spells

I looked in the spell book and checked all the new requirements for the spells. The only one that still requires imbuing is the healing stone.

I tested the rising colossus with the new changes as just pubished.

Once casted, I then logged in my tamer and checked its stats. There is NO decrease in its stats, as it still shows 120 in all its skills.

It looks like some of the above templates and other templates will suffer the loss of the stats on the rising colossus.

I hope this info may help others.

Cheers and good hunting.

U

UOKaiser

Hello,

120 magery
120 mysticism
120 meditation
120 imbuing
120 eval intel
120 resist spells

I looked in the spell book and checked all the new requirements for the spells. The only one that still requires imbuing is the healing stone.

Once casted, I then logged in my tamer and checked its stats. There is NO decrease in its stats, as it still shows 120 in all its skills.

It looks like some of the above templates and other templates will suffer the loss of the stats on the rising colossus.

Cheers and good hunting.
Just a little confused. you said Rising colossus does not suffer any loss in skills but stats are decreased?

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats some nice changes!
I like that the list of updates/fixes on the EC is so long :)

Keep it up devs! :party:

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

120 magery
120 mysticism
120 meditation
120 imbuing
120 eval intel
120 resist spells

Cheers and good hunting.
the way you write this makes it seem as if you were doing this on the prodo shards.
why would you have to log in on your tamer if you can just type set skills animallore 1200

the test shard patch hasnt been released yet

go look again on the test shard unless they fixed it in the 2 hours since i last posted theres something wrong with your information

A

A Rev

It was intended. if it wasn't intended then it would of being fixed 1 or 2 patches later not 5-6 years later Is that how long elves have being out yea around that much time. Now name to me one reason to stay human fighter or mage or tamer or anything combat base just one reason. New dev team everyone else got fired and now they trying to figure out the game on our expense.

You say that yet how lon have elves been around??

How lon did it take them to fix elves head gear???

it was stated by the devs that this was unintended...so it did take what 5years to fix.

Therefore your arument is pointless.

The mana cost isnt a deal breaker! You still have extra MR, free weavin, JOAT hiding/tracking, hell you can even use mysticism[which has now been given a boost because of your joat focus/imbuing!]

moaning over one thing is stupid if you consider the bigger picture!

Mystic mages do seem hit hard, although i will say...its taken me 15seconds to work out a sick hybrid mystic!

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new JOAT nerf is really terrible. I've already sent in a complaint about it. Dexxers just took the biggest hit in months with this and it's definitely too much. If they don't want JOAT to count that's fine but more stuff should be added to the list like chiv, tact etc or the total of 300 lowered somewhat.

A

A Rev

Not an issue for me, all my dexxers run bush/melee/parry all at gm+ so...not an issue.

Really dont know why you guys moaning unless you have some gimplate of the week that now isnt going to be as effective.

Dont see why tactics isn't in the list though tbh.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This patch opens up mysticism for some interesting templates. I would like to try out something like 120 myst, focus, necro, spirit, sw and maybe resist or gm inscription. For a dexxer-based mystic, focus is way more usefull than eval or imbuing or the combination of both.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is a example of my template and how it will effect me
currently new
120 mystic 120
120 magery 120
120 med 120
120 eval 120
120 imbuing replaced by focus of 120
100 spellweaving 100
100 inscription 100

keep in mind the only reason to keep eval is for the magery spells if i was relying on mysticism I could remove eval (and probably inscription) and replace with maybe tactics and weapon skill or whatever!

also would mean I could replace stamina regen on my items and replace with better mods!

That looks pretty much like my template, only that I don't have focus in there yet. The template you mention has 800 skill points - how do you pull that off?
Right now my mysic/weaver/scribe-mage wears a max SDI suit, so I have 20 Focus and 20 magery from the crystalline ring, 10 med from the spellwoven britches.
If I want to keep everything else at cap, then that frees me of 50 points to put into focus, that means I'm still 30 points short of 120 Focus, 50 points if I want to have 120 Spellweaving.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not an issue for me, all my dexxers run bush/melee/parry all at gm+ so...not an issue.

Really dont know why you guys moaning unless you have some gimplate of the week that now isnt going to be as effective.

Dont see why tactics isn't in the list though tbh.
I really want to see tactics in the list, it's sad to see so few using good old templates. I'm special sad to see so many stealthers, maybe remove stealth from the list as it's not a combat skill in my eyes.

S

Splup

The new JOAT nerf is really terrible. I've already sent in a complaint about it. Dexxers just took the biggest hit in months with this and it's definitely too much. If they don't want JOAT to count that's fine but more stuff should be added to the list like chiv, tact etc or the total of 300 lowered somewhat.

The JOAT nerf is just fine, about time something is done about this. The whole "extra warriors skills for lower mana cost" has been broken cause of it.

Minimum special cost should not be the basic standard, which it is now. With JOAT +20:s everyone has had minimum special cost, and it was supposed to be only for the ones investing points to stuff like poisoning, bushido etc. not for the basic archers etc.

Chiv added? Maybe... Adding tactics or lowering the need of points would mean every single warrior template again has the lowest mana cost.

This was seriously needed, maybe we see few more mages around in felucca again. Thou this is just big maybe, we'll see.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The JOAT nerf is just fine, about time something is done about this. The whole "extra warriors skills for lower mana cost" has been broken cause of it.
I'm not complaining of the remove of the JOAT nerf, I'm an elf so I don't get that bonus anyway

Minimum special cost should not be the basic standard, which it is now. With JOAT +20:s everyone has had minimum special cost, and it was supposed to be only for the ones investing points to stuff like poisoning, bushido etc. not for the basic archers etc.
I'm a basic archer but I don't see why I have less right to be able to PvP than a hybrid archer, if I at least had more mana, I would do better. Yes I could drop magery but I play Siege and that's only way to get around, we do not have any kind of recall.

Chiv added? Maybe... Adding tactics or lowering the need of points would mean every single warrior template again has the lowest mana cost.

This was seriously needed, maybe we see few more mages around in felucca again. Thou this is just big maybe, we'll see.
Warriors can use Parry, Lumberjacking, Poisoning and Ninjitsu to improve their weapon but it do not work for bows.

I believe you would see more around in Felucca if not all did have stealth as a part of their templete but was using old warrior skills like tactics, anatomy and healing. I'm sure want less stealthers on Siege.

When someone cry nerf on archers is always because of stealth, so why not give a classic archer template without stealth some love.

A

A Rev

Can someone please post a list of all the skills included in the list to reduce mana cost...please tell me i read wrong or misinturpreted, stealth is on this list??!?!?

S

Splup

I'm not complaining of the remove of the JOAT nerf, I'm an elf so I don't get that bonus anyway

I'm a basic archer but I don't see why I have less right to be able to PvP than a hybrid archer, if I at least had more mana, I would do better. Yes I could drop magery but I play Siege and that's only way to get around, we do not have any kind of recall.

Warriors can use Parry, Lumberjacking, Poisoning and Ninjitsu to improve their weapon but it do not work for bows.

I believe you would see more around in Felucca if not all did have stealth as a part of their templete but was using old warrior skills like tactics, anatomy and healing. I'm sure want less stealthers on Siege.

When someone cry nerf on archers is always because of stealth, so why not give a classic archer template without stealth some love.
Adding tactics to the list would basically mean:

120 wepskill+120tactics=240, add 60 skill and voila (on prodo shards atleast, they pretty often have that 80-90 ninjitsu for animal form already). Adding also anatomy, healing or chiv would mean they could just as well lower the mana cost straight to what it is with 300 skills.

And stealth archers are not the problem anymore on prodo shards, its the basic archers. Running around in 60 SSI 180 stamina hitspell+velo weapons chaining specials like hell, and almost regening more mana while shooting movingshots then it costs for them to shoot em.

On siege this problem prolly doesn't exist cause people can't use such gimbed armor, but on prodo shards it's these archers that are causing troubles, not so much the stealth ones.

My quess, that's why it's also getting fixed now, and that's why tactics/anat/healing etc. should not be added to the list.

I'm sry if Siege is getting screwed by fixes needed on prodo shards, but this is very much needed on prodo shards.

R

RD Gumbie

Oh by the way, calculate the effect of JoaT Gift of Renewal with a L6 Focus and you'll know why humans are still better than elves.
Not to mention the JoaT tracking works on players with 100 hide/stealth, wonder if they are ever gunna work on that one?

A

A Rev

Not to mention the JoaT tracking works on players with 100 hide/stealth, wonder if they are ever gunna work on that one?
You are right it is too underpowered!

They should make JOAT detect work 90% of the time, that way we can get rid of those stupid stealthers...oh and bump the elf passive reveal to 80% and give humans the elf 40%

S

Splup

Hopefully at the same time as they work on smokebombs. rolleyes:

I dunno... Maybe it's just me but I find it bit silly that you can smokebomb right in front of someone.

Maybe it should be like you gotta be atleast 6 tiles away from aggressive target or something. Or am I wrong here?

S

Smokin

I don't understand this, I'm an archer but do not have any of this other combat skills so I do only have 120 points in this skills. What about anatomy and tactics do they not count? am I forced to drop my tactics and get Bushido to get less mana use for my archery special moves? Why are old non hybrid templates punished?
Tactics use to count, until SE if i remember correctly, basically when SE come out the old school was told your not allowed to do special moves that often.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please post a list of all the skills included in the list to reduce mana cost...please tell me i read wrong or misinturpreted, stealth is on this list??!?!?

The Mana Cost of each special move can be reduced if the warrior's skills are high enough. Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost.

This was from http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/specialmoves.php

A

A Rev

The Mana Cost of each special move can be reduced if the warrior's skills are high enough. Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost.

This was from http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/specialmoves.php
Thank you...now someone can answer my next question.

When the **** did Hiding and running away[stealth] become a combat skill???

W

wrekognize

Maple and Snows trees will no longer display bare in Felucca

Great. now can I be refunded for buying a snow tree off the website that I couldn't use up until this publish?

U

UOKaiser

You say that yet how lon have elves been around??

How lon did it take them to fix elves head gear???

it was stated by the devs that this was unintended...so it did take what 5years to fix.

Therefore your arument is pointless.

The mana cost isnt a deal breaker! You still have extra MR, free weavin, JOAT hiding/tracking, hell you can even use mysticism[which has now been given a boost because of your joat focus/imbuing!]

moaning over one thing is stupid if you consider the bigger picture!

Mystic mages do seem hit hard, although i will say...its taken me 15seconds to work out a sick hybrid mystic!
Read forward down on my comments. I thought they removed the sr and mr for human joalt.
The mystic strengh has being lowered because there is no boost from eval after we tested. 120/120/120 prepatch does not equal 120/120 after patch.

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Giant Ice Wyrm Sound

The gamans will no longer use the bird-song noise. How about the giant ice wyrms from green thorns? Didn't they used to respond "very well" to orders and use the bird song noise?

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last time I came to look at something for me to love I lost a tongue!
I don't think so!
I'm not falling for it this time!

Now If its Sakkarah telling me to then I will because, she is the arch nemesis of the Evil and Vile Mesanna.

*glares at Gareth* That's going to cost you. Poor poor tongue!

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

120 magery
120 mysticism
120 meditation
120 imbuing
120 eval intel
120 resist spells

Cheers and good hunting.
We should have a fix for the rising colossus today, along with the mysticism spellbook still referencing Eval int, and stating you have to have Imbuing.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Mesanna

U

UOKaiser

We should have a fix for the rising colossus today, along with the mysticism spellbook still referencing Eval int, and stating you have to have Imbuing.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Mesanna
Great! I was losing hoping there and thought you abandon us. I usually don't go of a tangent but once every few years in Uo I have to just get a little worked up after getting beat down so much. Now am ok with the rest of the changes. Everything is right in the world again. Thanks for your work.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enough about rising colossus/mysticism... we wanna know about vday gifts! :p

A

A Rev

Read forward down on my comments. I thought they removed the sr and mr for human joalt.
The mystic strengh has being lowered because there is no boost from eval after we tested. 120/120/120 prepatch does not equal 120/120 after patch.
No,

The 20 skill points from humans’ “Jack of all Trades” will no longer apply to the skill points required for the mana discount on special moves. If players do not have 200 or more modified points in various combat skills (Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu), their special moves will use the full mana cost
I was stupid and missed the list though lol.

However, this stealth being on there seriously needs to be looked at! Im sorry if all the stealth archers disagree but i dont see why stealth should be considered a fighting skill when tactics anatomy or even healing isnt.

Y

Yalp

Perhaps I logged in before you had completed your work on the myst spellbook definitions.. Spell Plaque still refers to effectiveness based on casters eval and myst skills...production shard

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh this is a nice "Mouse over" in the new client... not sure its because of my mod (copper enhanced) or this is default... easy to check your targit before you engage in pvp :)

(ON TC1 ofc)

Check screenie

Attachments

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord GOD(GOD) said:
The Mysticism changes sound like a bad thing to me. Mysticism isn't good enough to play without Magery and Focus isn't good enough to use instead of Med. So the result seems to be we would now need another 120 pts.
Old system: Mysticism + Eval + Imbuing
New system: Mysticism + Focus

It now takes 120 fewer skill points.
...so what's the problem?

It'll be better as it's own skill, but will be harder to half-crossover (only for mages) to.
I agree with Lord GOD here, although I run a 6x120 Mage/Eval/Resist/SW/Mystic/Med ... so it doesn't effect me nearly as much, but now I can't use SW I guess if I want Mystic to do any damage? That bites ...

Has anyone checked Slayer damage? I know some people wanted to nerf Hail Storm, but this change is slightly ridiculous if it nerfs all spells. I'll have to take a look at Stupid Miner's pre-patch numbers post. Why couldn't they just make it so Focus worked as a substitute Eval, except not as useful, sort of the way Eval + Anat + 20 can compensate for a lack of Wrestling except without the special moves?

Looks like from what I read here Rising Colossus is weaker as well, because Imbuing might still be needed to make it better. Lot to test, I really hope the Devs keep these changes on Test for awhile so we can debate these changes. The plant changes look sharp though, I hate how they throw in MAJOR gameplay changes with changes no one would mind like new Plants.

As for me, this change to Mysticism effects me in both PvM and PvP. Stupid Miner, not sure if you PvP at all, but I know Lord GOD does; ugh, so much to test, haha :). Thanks to you guys for wading through a lot of it to give a head start though.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh this is a nice "Mouse over" in the new client... not sure its because of my mod (copper enhanced) or this is default... easy to check your targit before you engage in pvp :)

(ON TC1 ofc)

Check screenie
That's been on Test for awhile (the skill caps on mouseover), hasn't ever reached prodo from what I know :p

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOHerald said:
Bug Fixes
The 20 skill points from humans’ “Jack of all Trades” will no longer apply to the skill points required for the mana discount on special moves. If players do not have 200 or more modified points in various combat skills (Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu), their special moves will use the full mana cost
How is JOAT a bug? Are you kidding me? How long has JOAT existed, 4 years going on 5? You guys need to categorize changes better. If you're going to nerf human dexxers you need to put that under "Gameplay Changes" or something. I mean, yeah, I understand this game has plenty of 4-5 year old bugs, but if JOAT's effect was a bug, why didn't you guys nix it when you fixed Parry + Bushido? I mean come on!

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings!

Today Publish 64 will be available on Test Center 1 and with it comes Valentine's and a whole list of changes you're sure to love (and we'd sure love to hear your feedback) so come check it out!

Continue reading for the full notes below!

More...
I don't read all the posts before me. I'm sorry if someone already pointed this thing.

--
The 20 skill points from humans' "Jack of all Trades" will no longer apply to the skill points required for the mana discount on special moves. If players do not have 200 or more modified points in various combat skills (Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu), their special moves will use the full mana cost
This was not the modified skill value, but the real skill value before. I think that it was decided as such, because devs wanted item properties not to be too important, but skill values to be of much importance.

But, in this publish, it will be changed from real value to modified value.

Does this mean that current dev team changed their point? That is, do they want item properies to be more important than now?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
*glares at Gareth* That's going to cost you. Poor poor tongue!
"Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad jar romance"

"Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah!
Mes-an-na-ooh-la-la!
Want your bad jar romance"

*Opens paint, Opens movie maker, Finds a song.*
Music video time..... Havn't made a UO video in awhile.
*Figures out cast*

I love this new client thing. I can play two Gareths at one time!!!! Guess I could play four Gareths at one time with the other computer. Poor... poor... Chesapeake. 4 Gareths at once.

Ill have to try out this spell stuff. I haven't even touched it yet. I bought SA for the new stealables thats about it hehehe. I didn't know the new spells were so powerful.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

(ON TC1 ofc)

Check screenie
that been like that for a long time it is only on TC!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love this new client thing. I can play two Gareths at one time!!!!
That's funny, I didn't think UO could support ONE Gareth at one time ;)

Here's a chart of some initial testing I did on Rising Colossus for Mystics. When compared to Stupid Miner's data, which was collected prior to this patch/pub, it looks like Mysticism as a stand alone is actually better after these changes for a human (at least, for Colossus). These tests were all done with a human caster (resists of colossus always change and duration guesstimated):

EDIT: Spreadsheet information obsolete, gave humans JOAT in Imbue I think

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5359/colossustestfeb32010.jpg

Here's Stupid Miner's Rising Colosus data (click the show link) for comparisons:

Stupid Miner said:
Rising Colossus:

See Info Below for Stats:
---------------------------------------
Rising Colossus Lore 120 Myst/20/20: 26 seconds
320 HP
110 Stam
130 Mana
680/110/130 stats
Barding: 86.3
Resists:
65/51/54/100/68
68/53/54/100/67
66/53/54/100/67
69/50/53/100/69
70/54/50/100/70
Range:
65-70/50-55/50-55/100/65-70

Base Damage: 9-11, 100% physical
Skills:53.3/53.3/53.3/53.3/--/--/--/--
Pack Instinct: None

Rising Colossus Lore 120 Myst, 120 Eval/20: 43 seconds
395 HP
160 Stam
180 Mana
730/160/180 stats
Barding: 98.8
Resists:
68/50/55/100/67 [same]
67/52/52/100/69

Range:
65-70/50-55/50-55/100/65-70 [same]

Base Damage: 14-17, 100% physical
Skills:86.6/86.6/86.6/86.6/--/--/--/--

Rising Colossus Lore 120 Myst, 120 Eval, 120 Imbuing: 60 seconds
470 HP GM Imbue:455 HP
210 Stam GM Imbue:200 Stam
230 Mana GM Imbue:220 Mana
780/210/230 GM Imbue:770/200/220 stats
Barding: 111.3 GM Imbue:Barding: 108.8

Resists:
[same]
Range:
65-70/50-55/50-55/100/65-70 [same]

Base Damage: 19-24, 100% physical GM Imbue:18-22
Skills:120.0/120.0/120.0/120.0/--/--/--/-- GM Imbue:113.3/113.3/113.3/113.3/--/--/--/--

---------------------------------------

S

Splup

Blaah...

I gotta say I'm bit bummed about this focus thing...

I made 2 mysticmages, suits and all and adding 120 focus to their templates just ruins em pretty much. Been using just the offensive spells so didn't need imbuing...

Why not let you have eval for offensive spells, and if you take focus or imbuing you get all spells, no eval needed?

Atleast I don't feel that mystic wouldv been overpowered.

I quess I gotta scrap those mages and start thinking new temps and suits... To make mystic mage now you gotta waste 120 skillpoints to focus ehh.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
WoW did something changed since early today with the patch notes? I must be losing it. Nope doesn't say it there anymore. I must be getting old or someone playing atrick on me. I apologize. Alright I void my human argument though my Mysticism argument still stands.
Logic Fail....

An elf with 0 mysticism can ALSO get a level 6 focus, and cast gift of Renewal. It just takes longer (base 12.5% chance to cast, instead of human's ~50%.

I still regularly use Gift of Renewal with my 0-skill Elven Tamer.

Given that there's a cool-down timer, the only time someone would use this in a PvP situation would ba casting from the other side of a gate (or in a house), before moving to the PvP area, so the number of attempts to cast is moot.

Elf still wins, and the JOAT advantage for mysticism again falls short for justifying a reason to stay human.

S

Stupid Miner

Logic Fail....

An elf with 0 mysticism can ALSO get a level 6 focus, and cast gift of Renewal. It just takes longer (base 12.5% chance to cast, instead of human's ~50%.

I still regularly use Gift of Renewal with my 0-skill Elven Tamer.

Given that there's a cool-down timer, the only time someone would use this in a PvP situation would ba casting from the other side of a gate (or in a house), before moving to the PvP area, so the number of attempts to cast is moot.

Elf still wins, and the JOAT advantage for mysticism again falls short for justifying a reason to stay human.
... spell will only take what... 30-60 seconds to cast as an elf with that fail rate? Especially w/o 4/6 casting, and dont even try to put it on when any creature is within a screen.

The casting fail rate combined with the slowness of the spell would make it worthless for elves in any realistic combat situation.

Cooldown timer, a whole 60 seconds. It's very handy to put on before a fight.
... and i wasn't even referring to PvP anyway, but from the people I know who don't have weaving, it works great in PvP too.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

you mean spell weaving right?
not trying to be picky but wanted to make sure i did not miss something!

S

Stupid Miner

you mean spell weaving right?
not trying to be picky but wanted to make sure i did not miss something!
Yea, he meant Weaving.