• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center - Publish 64 and Patch Notes!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings!

Today Publish 64 will be available on Test Center 1 and with it comes Valentine's and a whole list of changes you're sure to love (and we'd sure love to hear your feedback) so come check it out!

Continue reading for the full notes below!

More...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For who CC or enhanced?

Im still trying to figure out how the production shards insurance costs are adjusted and SP is not?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
For who CC or enhanced?

Im still trying to figure out how the production shards insurance costs are adjusted and SP is not?
It is a good patch for us all. SP does not have insurance...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant see the gifts though. I had no chars on TC1 since the last wipe so when i create one and log it in i get the messege 'your char is to young to recieve the gift'.
:mf_prop:

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very nice list! (yay for dealing with unstackable seeds, i have wayyy too many of those still)

this made me laugh: Gaman no longer sound like songbirds - never did quite understand why they did that (thought it was some kinda joke by the devs of SE or something hehe)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Cant see the gifts though. I had no chars on TC1 since the last wipe so when i create one and log it in i get the messege 'your char is to young to recieve the gift'.
:mf_prop:
You will get your bacon soon enuf. *nods*

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh.

The bugfixes for the EC are weak, not exactly what we were hoping for based on what was said in December.

The earthquake, ghosting, and invisible item (never ran into this myself) fixes will be nice, but the rest.. eh.

With a list of 100+ bugs in the EC Forum to choose from, they did so poorly.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Imbuing is not the only skill associated with Mysticism now. Players can use EITHER their Focus skill or Imbuing skill. Evaluate Intelligence no longer has any effect on a Mystic’s spell power

so this means ? a mystic no longer has to have imbuing and can have focus instead? giving mana and hp regen to boot? and there is no need for eval (or is there a replacement?) or is focus also the new eval?
if so this will free up a skill slot and give me a mana boost and hp regen boost?
and i though my gargoyle was fun before holy stuff batman !!

or does eval still effect things like colossus?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Players from Global Chat can now be added to the Ignore List. A list of selectable names will appear when adding targets to the Ignore List
  • Added the “Chat Channel Message Color” customization option.
  • Players can now run more than one Classic Client at a time, but are given a warning dialog during startup
Am I dreaming?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The last time I came to look at something for me to love I lost a tongue!
I don't think so!
I'm not falling for it this time!

Now If its Sakkarah telling me to then I will because, she is the arch nemesis of the Evil and Vile Mesanna.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing is not the only skill associated with Mysticism now. Players can use EITHER their Focus skill or Imbuing skill. Evaluate Intelligence no longer has any effect on a Mystic’s spell power

so this means ? a mystic no longer has to have imbuing and can have focus instead? giving mana and hp regen to boot? and there is no need for eval (or is there a replacement?) or is focus also the new eval?
if so this will free up a skill slot and give me a mana boost and hp regen boost?
and i though my gargoyle was fun before holy stuff batman !!

or does eval still effect things like colossus?
Yup Myst is now a stand alone skill that fits very easily into the mages template making them even stronger...........

U

UOKaiser

So the evaluate intelegence bonus boost is automaticaly applied?Or is this another hidden nerf?

U

UOKaiser

Yep looks like a nerf. It says it removes evaluate inteligence to help those spells for myst but doesn't say anything about increasing the strengh of those spells to compasate for the loss of the boost. Do we have only pvp dev these days? Come on please fix that. I think we gotten enough of a beating.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea because mages were so overpowered... please.
I'm just abit fed up of mellee warriors never getting any love.......
and no i dont mean sampires and such. Just once id like to be able to play a warrior again

S

Smokin

I guess there is no reason to be Human anymore on a Dexxer, Why not just take the JOAT away completely. This is going to screw a lot of dexxer PVPers up.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The Mysticism changes sound like a bad thing to me. Mysticism isn't good enough to play without Magery and Focus isn't good enough to use instead of Med. So the result seems to be we would now need another 120 pts.

The insurance menu is not an improvement for me, flicking through pages is slow compared to what we have/had, and there were already numerous ways to see how much gold you have in your bank, like carrying a house placement tool which are blessed anyway. The cost changes aren't something I care either way on.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WTF IS THIS SIGN UP NOW USER AD **** AND WHY IS IT BEING ALLOWED

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yep looks like a nerf. It says it removes evaluate inteligence to help those spells for myst but doesn't say anything about increasing the strengh of those spells to compasate for the loss of the boost. Do we have only pvp dev these days? Come on please fix that. I think we gotten enough of a beating.
Before we all start yelling nerf and blaming it on pvp lets do some testing i am still patching so i cant yet!
but if they did take away eval bonus all around without replacing then i agree!

S

Stupid Miner

Um... wow, that's a big change.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
WTF IS THIS SIGN UP NOW USER AD **** AND WHY IS IT BEING ALLOWED
what this has to do with this post i have no clue! but to answer your question there are making some changes and testing some things please see some of the other posts on this!!in this forum!

U

UOKaiser

I guess there is no reason to be Human anymore on a Dexxer, Why not just take the JOAT away completely. This is going to screw a lot of dexxer PVPers up.
Oh hell didn't even see that. Are they insane! Why the hell would anybody pvp or pvm would bother to be huuman now. Hey were the hell is draconi hire him back ya trying to make the game worse are you trying to lose customers? They need another revamp in the dev department.

S

Stupid Miner

The Mysticism changes sound like a bad thing to me. Mysticism isn't good enough to play without Magery and Focus isn't good enough to use instead of Med. So the result seems to be we would now need another 120 pts.
Old system: Mysticism + Eval + Imbuing
New system: Mysticism + Focus

It now takes 120 fewer skill points.
...so what's the problem?

It'll be better as it's own skill, but will be harder to half-crossover (only for mages) to.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It'll be better as it's own skill, but will be harder to half-crossover (only for mages) to.
Because focus blows...

S

Stupid Miner

Oh hell didn't even see that. Are they insane! Why the hell would anybody pvp or pvm would bother to be huuman now. Hey were the hell is draconi hire him back ya trying to make the game worse are you trying to lose customers? They need another revamp in the dev department.
... because the strength of JoaT doesn't really lie in special move mana reduction anyway.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did they fix the multitude of bugs with the insurance changes with this or not?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

No, the old system mainly only needed Eval, so hybrids worked. Imbuing was pretty much only for Colossus & Spell Trigger entitlement (which still needed Eval for the stored spell)

As I already said the skill isn't good enough on its own, so you still need to be a hybrid, only now you need 120 Focus as well.

Since my previous post, I've actually got in, and the old insurance toggle is still there so that can be ignored.

However it looks like they made a mess of the tool tips for Mysticism some still say Eval some say Focus.

Q

Qwen_Ermac

yeah i didnt have a char on there either i got the same note... :( to young for gift hmm... anybody get to see what was there?

S

Smokin

What, and deprive you of the thrill of finding it out for yourself? :p
So you just spout crap off and have nothing to back it up, yet it screws all melee chars. But mages and and every other template can benifit from it.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what this has to do with this post i have no clue! but to answer your question there are making some changes and testing some things please see some of the other posts on this!!in this forum!
He just feels like being a tough guy by typing in w-t-f......oooooo, that's bad, I wanna hang with him.:rant2:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah i didnt have a char on there either i got the same note... :( to young for gift hmm... anybody get to see what was there?
On a char I've had there for months he got nothing either.

S

Stupid Miner

No, the old system mainly only needed Eval, so hybrids worked. Imbuing was pretty much only for Colossus & Spell Trigger entitlement (which still needed Eval for the stored spell)

As I already said the skill isn't good enough on its own, so you still need to be a hybrid, only now you need 120 Focus as well.

Since my previous post, I've actually got in, and the old insurance toggle is still there so that can be ignored.

However it looks like they made a mess of the tool tips for Mysticism some still say Eval some say Focus.
*shrugs* hard to speculate. Some people will find it useful, others wont. I like how it's no longer tied to Eval which pretty much discluded any non-mages from using it.

... are you evaluating Mysticism from a template that utilizes Eval/Myst/Imbuing or just Eval/Myst?

Rising Colossus is a very major spell for Mysticism, and Spell Trigger is also potentially very useful. Also affects Stone Form, which probably wont be widely used anyway, but may have niche purposes, and Enchant Weapon I believe was also effected by Imbuing.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No gifts for me either. Just a bunch of racist swearing in the chat. Maybe they were helping us test the new chat ignore feature? :)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Was Magincia always this clean on Test center with a working moongate?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yup Myst is now a stand alone skill that fits very easily into the mages template making them even stronger...........
actually would this not make it harder for mages and easier for fighter types to include myst?

E

Eyes of Origin

• Players from Global Chat can now be added to the Ignore List. A list of selectable names will appear when adding targets to the Ignore List
  • Added the “Chat Channel Message Color” customization option.
  • Players can now run more than one Classic Client at a time, but are given a warning dialog during startup
Am I dreaming?
This is by far the BEST fix in this list!!!!!!!!!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I logged into the TC1 after patching it tells me the current publish on Test center is Pub 62.3. Noticed that the docks on the SW part of town where the teleporter used to be is now gone as well as all plants, rocks, and rubble (tram and fel).

S

Smokin

Can you put the new items from Navrey and medusa and what not in the bank box or are they already there. It would be kind of nice to test them to see if they too powerful or not.

Y

Yen Sid

Idk about everyone else but there is a small annoyance in the EC with this chat thing. I type something in guild or alliance chat and then go to type something else and it says "spam detected, speech queued for 0 seconds" and it took at least 10 minutes for my message to go through. I can type just fine in party chat though. Is someone else having this problem?