• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center - Publish 64 and Patch Notes!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One more sorta picky note about the Gardener's Toolbox.

Why does it have to sit in the middle of that particular patch of flowers? Seems to me I remember reading about that garden at one time being a favorite place for weddings. Seems a bit odd that the gardener would plop a big old green toolbox right in the middle of a fancy bed of flowers and leave it there. Maybe it could go off to the side and away from the particular bed of flowers??

S

Smokin

IF you dislike the special move change (which appears to be designed to eliminate humans from the game, and penalize characters without gimplates), do what I did and go to uoherald.com, and send feedback asking them NOT to make the change, or to at least add Chivalry to the list.

There is no legitimate reason to have Bushido & ninjitsu on the list, while not having Chivalry. Chivalry should have been added back in 2005. with SE. After all, unlike Bushido & Ninjitsu, Chivalry doesn't even REQUIRE another qualifying skill that is on the list (which pretty much guarantees the lower costs for sams and ninjas).
That would be good, the Joat thing also helped for the 300 skill point bonus not just the 200 one. That what most people don't get. That was another 5 mana right there.

U

UOKaiser

Wrong.
Pre-patch 120/120/0 gave 80.0 in each skill
Currently 120/120 gives 106.6 in each skill.

Grr, it's like you're not even bothering to read these posts I've written.
I was finaly able to read through the tread thoroughly. You say efore the change it was 120 skill colossis in every skill and now 106 and is the max and duration is even shorter which means this is a hidden nerf. Well there goes my PVM myst mage guess back to necro/mage/spellweaver and I was having fun too.

S

Stupid Miner

I was finaly able to read through the tread thoroughly. You say efore the change it was 120 skill colossis in every skill and now 106 and is the max and duration is even shorter which means this is a hidden nerf. Well there goes my PVM myst mage guess back to necro/mage/spellweaver and I was having fun too.
Nerf or bug, either is possible. I'd submit a bug report just in case.

M

murmandamus

LOL so myst gets a nerf stick and Archery is still by far the most OP skill in GAME, good job EA way to make this game more awesome LMAO.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any info on what the rewards are from Medusa/Stygian/Slasher/Navrey?

V

Victoria Navarre

power will be the same but now the mystic only need myst and focus and will be the same as myst+eval+imbuing but you will now have mor mana regen with focus and more hp regen
Yessssss!!!! *does a happy dance*

U

UOKaiser

Nerf or bug, either is possible. I'd submit a bug report just in case.
I submited one on negative feedback as well with this info and the human uselessness info hopefully one of the departments read one of our forms

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if they are gona nerf colossus so much can it at least become a 4 slot pet instead of 5...

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if it is a little weaker,I can deal with that. It frees up 120 points I can place elsewhere.
i dont think going down from 120 -106 is a "bit" weaker. a 106 is going to die so fast to something like a renowned wyvern. its like comparing a 120 swordsman warrior to another guy who only has 105.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Veering away from the rising issues...

The changes have now affected Enchant spell.

It used to place a max of 50% hit spell.

Now its 60%

V

Victoria Navarre

i dont think going down from 120 -106 is a "bit" weaker. a 106 is going to die so fast to something like a renowned wyvern. its like comparing a 120 swordsman warrior to another guy who only has 105.
I agree for the most part.With my playstyle,I use the colosus like any other "meatshields". Its just there to run interference so I can cast the spells I need to tip the battle in my favor.

S

Stupid Miner

... Can't realistically guess how much difference the 105 would have on survival length, since they have a rather short duration anyway.

U

UOKaiser

Even if it is a little weaker,I can deal with that. It frees up 120 points I can place elsewhere.
It's a big difference for what we use RC for. It's gonna get killed quick. It is the most useful spell in a PVM MYST template. The rest of the spells are ok utility really. But that spell is the power behind Myst. Having 120 skills extra might as well not bother to keep myst in the template and free up using 240 skills to use on something better like necro/spellweavers. Most Myst mages only reason to have it is for RC. Everything else is just a after thought. Hell i already know what to replace those 2 skills with taming and lore is a better alternative than a weakened and useless high end hunting RC.

S

Stupid Miner

Veering away from the rising issues...

The changes have now affected Enchant spell.

It used to place a max of 50% hit spell.

Now its 60%
Just as well, prepatch when I tested Enchant the hit spell damages were lower.

Unfortunately it looks like i'm going to have to spend a day grinding numbers on TC to rework the Mysticism page again. *grumbles*

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ugh if colossus stays at 5 slots after the change im gona be switching to necro or something.

not to mention that i think hailstorm and nethercyclone lost about 30 points of damage.

... Can't realistically guess how much difference the 105 would have on survival length, since they have a rather short duration anyway.
well against renown wyvern or something similar the colossus at 120's only lasts for at most 10-15 sec before it gets killed. if it doesnt last any longer than that then its not even worth using cause i wont be able to get more than 1 or 2 spells off before i have to run away due to being on foot...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it appears the colossus took about 11% hit in combat effectiveness and in duration !
not sure yet but i think its hp may have gone down to ! but not positive on that one yet!

U

UOKaiser

ugh if colossus stays at 5 slots after the change im gona be switching to necro or something.

not to mention that i think hailstorm and nethercyclone lost about 30 points of damage.
Yep not like those spells actually did enough damge vs mana cost in the first place. Yep I really hope it's a bug and not intended. If it's intended I really wonder were DEV priorities are at. If I can foresee these issues why can't they and am sure there making alot more money than I am.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep not like those spells actually did enough damge vs mana cost in the first place. Yep I really hope it's a bug and not intended. If it's intended I really wonder were DEV priorities are at. If I can foresee these issues why can't they and am sure there making alot more money than I am.
well since my template which was just mystic , imbue, eval, magery, resist spells, and med

which doesnt actually have any good aoe spells on them

i rely a lot upon hailstorm or nethercyclone to kill the first 2 waves of spawn in a champ spawn.

U

UOKaiser

well since my template which was just mystic , imbue, eval, magery, resist spells, and med

which doesnt actually have any good aoe spells on them

i rely a lot upon hailstorm or nethercyclone to kill the first 2 waves of spawn in a champ spawn.
Understandable. Mysticism cannot survive a nerf like this. They should of focus on fixing gargoyeles and removing that berserk as well as fixing trowing to be usuable UO is not a game that can support that type of precise range requirement. But unfortunetly they focus on whats not broken. I wonder if there trying to eliminate SA and do another expansion lol.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF you dislike the special move change (which appears to be designed to eliminate humans from the game, and penalize characters without gimplates), do what I did and go to uoherald.com, and send feedback asking them NOT to make the change, or to at least add Chivalry to the list.

There is no legitimate reason to have Bushido & ninjitsu on the list, while not having Chivalry. Chivalry should have been added back in 2005. with SE. After all, unlike Bushido & Ninjitsu, Chivalry doesn't even REQUIRE another qualifying skill that is on the list (which pretty much guarantees the lower costs for sams and ninjas).
I made a post a few years ago about Chivalry being excluded from the skills for the reduced mana cost. I was basically called a crybaby and laughed at by all the bush whackers and stealth ninja archers. IMO the only reason chiv wasn't in the list was to pump up sales of SE.

A

AesSedai

- Assuredly many will have some gripes.
And hopefully there will be some time to consider and tweak or perhaps fine-tune some gripes, if found to be legit. issues, prior to it going live.

But devs., that looks like a good solid patch.
& I appreciate the continued progression of UO.
:)

(Btw: keep those EC improvements coming, please)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, they finally started to fix some EC issues. Glad to see they haven't given it up yet. However, other EC bugs are much more pressing, and they haven't been touched. (Like the field spell lag, invisible armor pieces, rubberbanding).

Maybe I'll play more often again when those are finally resolved.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The 20 skill points from humans’ “Jack of all Trades” will no longer apply to the skill points required for the mana discount on special moves. If players do not have 200 or more modified points in various combat skills (Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu), their special moves will use the full mana cost
I don't understand this, I'm an archer but do not have any of this other combat skills so I do only have 120 points in this skills. What about anatomy and tactics do they not count? am I forced to drop my tactics and get Bushido to get less mana use for my archery special moves? Why are old non hybrid templates punished?

W

Walkerboh77

i don't understand the complaints behind the joat's change...

as someone who has recently returned to the game and can look at this from a logical and unbiased perspective this was clearly never intended...nor does it even make sense to work that way....

these power reductions were given as a bonus at the cost of skill points....

this would be like vamps complaining that can't stay in vamp form after removing +skill items to reach the necessary necro skill...then removing them...

it was never intended....

if you want the lower power cost....raise something that will allow it...

i sympathize that some of you will be affected by this and that always sucks...but i consider this a bug fix...and no one in their right frame of thought should be complaining about it....

if your job makes a mistake and over pays you...you can't keep it....u have to pay it back

you held your bonus for a while...time to give it back

U

UOKaiser

as someone who has recently returned to the game and can look at this from a logical and unbiased perspective this was clearly never intended...nor does it even make sense to work that way....

this would be like vamps complaining that can't stay in vamp form after removing +skill items to reach the necessary necro skill...then removing them...

i consider this a bug fix
It was intended. if it wasn't intended then it would of being fixed 1 or 2 patches later not 5-6 years later Is that how long elves have being out yea around that much time. Now name to me one reason to stay human fighter or mage or tamer or anything combat base just one reason. New dev team everyone else got fired and now they trying to figure out the game on our expense.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am using alot of skill points, Archery, tactics, anatomy and healing. That's alot more than if I changes to Archery + Bushido.

My template is archery, tactics, anatomy, , focus, healing, magic resist and magery. In PvP this template is worth nothing :(

Oh and I'm an elf so it's not about the skill points from being an human but about my templates not getting this power bonus.
Tactic and anatomy should count too.

W

Walkerboh77

bugs are worked on by priority...and available staff/resources...

evolution of the game alters what the priorities are....

be thankful they are fixing some bugs...even if they aren't ones you agree with yet

and why be human? because gargs suck and joat still provides massive benefits

i don't feel sorry for people who can't just spam specials with little regard to the balance factor(power) that was put on them....

paying 5 more power per special use does not break a template

A

AesSedai

It was intended. if it wasn't intended then it would of being fixed 1 or 2 patches later not 5-6 years later
- I disagree. Ever heard of the ol' UO backburner? There have been a lot of waffles flipped on that ol' bunny's head.
Now name to me one reason to stay human fighter or mage or tamer or anything combat base just one reason. New dev team everyone else got fired and now they trying to figure out the game on our expense.
- Combat base PvM - there are plenty of reasons.
Combat base PvP - Higher hit point regen. & +20 in skills unrelated to the special moves bonuses (I assume that's what the change is, because I think I read that earlier, but apparently uo.com has crashed atm), and there are several advantages in having +20 in skills that are unused in templates.

U

UOKaiser

bugs are worked on by priority...and available staff/resources...

evolution of the game alters what the priorities are....

be thankful they are fixing some bugs...even if they aren't ones you agree with yet

and why be human? because gargs suck and joat still provides massive benefits
Joat main benefit is the extra mr which is no longer the case. 20 points of skills benefit only players that never gm a skill. Gargoyels do suck so we can't go there. humans can't wear elf armor,don't have the mr anymore,don't have the reduce cost for special moves, don't have the extra 20 points of mana, Can't tame cu,Cant ride cu whoiout special shoes, am i missing anything? So the only alternative and the only thing anybody can be to maximize there potential is a elf and add in the missing mr which is easy as the humans no longer have that.
You can't call a feuture a bug. It's like me saying the ability to recall is a bug when they decide to take recall out and only have gate in. So they decide to make It was put in at the time to balance humans and elf so that there is a reason to be human. Taking it out there is no practicle reason to be human at all.

At least now we can wear non medable armor which I belive is there intention to make it look like metal armor is no longer useless without actually concentrating on the issue they take the easy way out.

What worries me even more if they decide to take away any of the elf special benefits and then nerf humans and elf a little more then force us to be gargoyeles and say that SA was a success. People do that to save there jobs.

U

UOKaiser

- I disagree. Ever heard of the ol' UO backburner? There have been a lot of waffles flipped on that ol' bunny's head.
- Combat base PvM - there are plenty of reasons.
Combat base PvP - Higher hit point regen. & +20 in skills unrelated to the special moves bonuses (I assume that's what the change is, because I think I read that earlier, but apparently uo.com has crashed atm), and there are several advantages in having +20 in skills that are unused in templates.
All templates value mana over hpr. Would you rather have mr or hpr?Many ways to recover hp not many ways at all to recover mr.
Must remmeber this is practicaly a new dev team so they have nothing on backburner like the others did.
In combat base PVM I have cannot think of any reason i rather have HPR over MR or Mana. Also which reminds me the Stamina increase you got from focus joalt also no longer apply.
The 20's other than making a human spellweaving focus and nature fury and the sorts which all rely on mana is not worth it and I believe scrolls serve the same purpose at those levels correct me if am wrong.

W

Walkerboh77

tracking and focus are two fairly useful bonuses with joat in a pvp setting

don't think the focus bonus is significant? play an elf with no stam regen/focus and tell me if u see a difference

u get an effective(extra and free) 2 hpr/2 sr/3 mr(med/focus) simply for being human

edit: the mr bonus is actually slightly higher based on your Int stat

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taking it out there is no practicle reason to be human at all.
I often make my characters that do a lot of hunting or resource gathering human because they can carry more and I'm not overly fond of constantly carrying and using bags of sending. Unfortunately, I don't have the gold to buy expensive +25 stat scrolls and any more have trouble even finding +5 stat scrolls to use on an elf or gargoyle to get close to the same carrying ability as humans have. And I don't always have the luxury of having an artificer character at my beck and call to make custom jewelry/armor to add strength as a mod. I hope the devs will at least keep the "strong back" racial characteristic intact for humans.

Edited to add: I forgot....I also like to make my characters human for the JoAT ability to pull off a hide....once in a while, anyway.

A

AesSedai

- It depends on the character I'm playing. I use several that don't need much mana at all, several templates, so increased HPR is of benefit to them.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did I miss something somewhere? Where does it say anywhere that JoaT won't still provide free MR from the +20 med & +20 focus?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i sympathize that some of you will be affected by this and that always sucks...but i consider this a bug fix...and no one in their right frame of thought should be complaining about it....

if your job makes a mistake and over pays you...you can't keep it....u have to pay it back

you held your bonus for a while...time to give it back
The rub is the obvious bias towards certain skills, i.e. archery, ninjitsu and bushido. The whacked out Samurai Empire templates. Give one good reason why Chivalry isn't included in the list?

W

Walkerboh77

Did I miss something somewhere? Where does it say anywhere that JoaT won't still provide free MR from the +20 med & +20 focus?
it doesn't say that anywhere....just doom and gloom naysayers who can't handle change no matter how much sense it makes

instead of saying..."now there is no reason to be human"(which is false)...they should be saying..."now there might be some reason to play something other than human!"

i will never argue that chiv shouldnt be included

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The following templates bonus from the -10 pts special moves mana cost;

1. Stealth-ninja-archer
2. Bushido-parry-dexxer
3. Poison-dexxer with parry
4. Bushido-lumberjack, WTF, honestly never even seen that one

Notice a theme there at all? If you wanted the reduced mana cost of specials you bought SE and made a Japanese style template.

U

UOKaiser

it doesn't say that anywhere....just doom and gloom naysayers who can't handle change no matter how much sense it makes

instead of saying..."now there is no reason to be human"(which is false)...they should be saying..."now there might be some reason to play something other than human!"

give me a sec maybe I read it wrong. Which is the basis of my whole argument in the human department but I must of seen it somewhere let me double check.

W

Walkerboh77

give me a sec maybe I read it wrong. Which is the basis of my whole argument in the human department but I must of seen it somewhere let me double check.

i think u misread ....which is good...perhaps things arent as bad as you originally thought

S

Stupid Miner

For all of you who are testing how Mysticism has been effected by this change, here's a list of values that I collected from before this patch so you have a standard to compare it to:

Put in a "Spoiler" cause it's really long.
Mysticism Data:

Nether Bolt:

120my/120ev/20im
Damage: 16-20

120my/80ev/20im
Damage: 12-15

120my/20ev/20im
Damage: 5-7

60my/120ev/20im
Damage:16-20

Healing Stone:

120my/120ev/20im
Heal: 20-23

60my/120ev/020im
Heal: 13-16

120my/120ev/120im
Heal: 31-36

Purge Magic:

Enchant: --Damage less than regular hit spells!--
Can't Recast While in Effect
Disarm Removes Effect

120my/120ev/20im
Duration: ~86s
Hit Spell (any): 29%

60my/120ev/20im
Duration: ~84s
Hit Spell (any): 29%

120my/120ev/40im
Duration:
Hit Spell (any): 33%

120my/120ev/80im
Duration:
Hit Spell (any): 41%
NO SC -1

120my/120ev/80.1im
Duration:
Hit Spell (any): 41%

120my/120ev/120im
Duration: ~~135s
Hit Spell (any): 50%; SC -1
Harm: 17-20
FB:
Light: 21-25
MA:

Sleep:

Eagle Strike:
<- Inscrip
120my/20ev/120im
damage: 10-12

120my/120ev/120im
damage:30-37

Animated Weapon:

Stone Form:
120my/120ev/20im
SSI: -10%
Resists: +5/5/5/5/5
Resist Cap: +2/2/2/2/2

24im
+6/6/6/6/6
+3/3/3/3/3
48im
+6/6/6/6/6
+3/3/3/3/3
72im
+8/8/8/8/8
+4/4/4/4/4

120my/120ev/120im
SSI: -10%
Resists: +10/10/10/10/10
Resist Cap: +5/5/5/5/5

Spell Trigger:
120my/120ev/20im
-Eagle
120my/120ev/40im
-Stone Form
120my/120ev/80im
-Mass Sleep
120my/120ev/120im
-Bombard

Mass Sleep:

Cleansing Winds:
120my/20ev/120im
Heal: 19-23

120my/120ev/120im
Heal: 31-36

Bombard: <- Inscrip
120my/20ev/120im
damage: 22-24

120my/120ev/120im
damage: 63-69

Spell Plague:
<- Inscrip
120my/20ev/120im
damage:28-30
range:5

120my/120ev/120im
damage:78-86
range:5

Hail Storm: <- Inscrip
120my/20ev/120im
range:3

120my/120ev/120im
damage:80-86

Nether Cyclone: <- Inscrip
120my/20ev/120im

120my/120ev/120im
damage:80-86

Rising Colossus:

See Info Below for Stats:
---------------------------------------
Rising Colossus Lore 120 Myst/20/20: 26 seconds
320 HP
110 Stam
130 Mana
680/110/130 stats
Barding: 86.3
Resists:
65/51/54/100/68
68/53/54/100/67
66/53/54/100/67
69/50/53/100/69
70/54/50/100/70
Range:
65-70/50-55/50-55/100/65-70

Base Damage: 9-11, 100% physical
Skills:53.3/53.3/53.3/53.3/--/--/--/--
Pack Instinct: None

Rising Colossus Lore 120 Myst, 120 Eval/20: 43 seconds
395 HP
160 Stam
180 Mana
730/160/180 stats
Barding: 98.8
Resists:
68/50/55/100/67 [same]
67/52/52/100/69

Range:
65-70/50-55/50-55/100/65-70 [same]

Base Damage: 14-17, 100% physical
Skills:86.6/86.6/86.6/86.6/--/--/--/--

Rising Colossus Lore 120 Myst, 120 Eval, 120 Imbuing: 60 seconds
470 HP GM Imbue:455 HP
210 Stam GM Imbue:200 Stam
230 Mana GM Imbue:220 Mana
780/210/230 GM Imbue:770/200/220 stats
Barding: 111.3 GM Imbue:Barding: 108.8

Resists:
[same]
Range:
65-70/50-55/50-55/100/65-70 [same]

Base Damage: 19-24, 100% physical GM Imbue:18-22
Skills:120.0/120.0/120.0/120.0/--/--/--/-- GM Imbue:113.3/113.3/113.3/113.3/--/--/--/--

---------------------------------------

U

UOKaiser

WoW did something changed since early today with the patch notes? I must be losing it. Nope doesn't say it there anymore. I must be getting old or someone playing atrick on me. I apologize. Alright I void my human argument though my Mysticism argument still stands.

W

Walkerboh77

good stuff then!

and i will reserve judgment on the mysticism thing for now until i see how the change affected all the spells.

as far as being able to use focus tho over an otherwise useless skill like imbue(for pvp) is a boon for me

S

Stupid Miner

WoW did something changed since early today with the patch notes? I must be losing it. Nope doesn't say it there anymore. I must be getting old or someone playing atrick on me. I apologize. Alright I void my human argument though my Mysticism argument still stands.
Oh by the way, calculate the effect of JoaT Gift of Renewal with a L6 Focus and you'll know why humans are still better than elves.

U

UOKaiser

good stuff then!

and i will reserve judgment on the mysticism thing for now until i see how the change affected all the spells.

as far as being able to use focus tho over an otherwise useless skill like imbue(for pvp) is a boon for me
Am more at pvm side and It doesn't bother me that it uses focus or imbuing and no longer eval as long as 120 myst and 120 focus or imbuing is the same as 120 myst/120 imbuing/120 eval was pre patch.