• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center - Publish 64 and Patch Notes!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An elf with 0 mysticism can ALSO get a level 6 focus, and cast gift of Renewal. It just takes longer (base 12.5% chance to cast, instead of human's ~50%.

you mean spell weaving right?
not trying to be picky but wanted to make sure i did not miss something!
either way, attunement is faster and better for tight spots.

but who cares about spellweaving, more research on mysticism spell needed!!! ;P

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, they changed how Imbuing works, I think maybe Humans weren't getting JOAT, so my spreadsheet in an earlier post is now obsolete.

New data:

Notes: 60 seconds max duration of Colossus no matter what. Imbue nearly 2x as powerful, Mysticism and Focus 50/50? Human needs about 120/120 Mysticism and Focus for max, 119.9 Focus worked so more than 119 and less than 120 perhaps. Gargoyle has innate 20 Imbue, easier to reach max. Elf has hardest time, as always.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tested how slayers and PvP spells work? Mystic vs monsters damage w/ Focus = Eval Int? And Focus vs Resist Spells? Those are the next on my list to look at. Ugh, imagine being beat by someone's Focus skill and failing a curse ... lol.

J

jfkeach

Yeah they announced this the day I had spent hours training GM Anat on my mystic mage. Put focus back on, and his template is :

120 Magery
120 Med
120 EI
120 Resist
120 Myst
120 Focus

with +20 In magery skill on jewels, and Mage Wep -20 skill, Max LMC, 100 LRC, 15 SDI, 80 DCI, and MR 12. Max Casting too.

So yeah I love this change.

S

Splup

Yeah they announced this the day I had spent hours training GM Anat on my mystic mage. Put focus back on, and his template is :

120 Magery
120 Med
120 EI
120 Resist
120 Myst
120 Focus

with +20 In magery skill on jewels, and Mage Wep -20 skill, Max LMC, 100 LRC, 15 SDI, 80 DCI, and MR 12. Max Casting too.

So yeah I love this change.
My mystic mages were:

120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
110 mystic
100 scribe
90 medit
60 necro

and

120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
110 mystic
100 parry
90 medit
60 necro

Without evil omen sleep doesnt work that well, and you lose lots of firepower (FS EO, EO poison)

Gotta see what I need to do to fit that 120 focus, might be that I need to give up the necro, or then get some serious skill bonuses.

Atm I have 15 magery on ring and +5 tally, +10 medit pants so been GM medit with items. Replacing medit with focus means lot less mana, and also lose those +10 points from pants umh...

C

CKTC

Instead of SOT's can we have a way of getting Alacrity scrolls again? The candle of love invasions were great.

V

Voodoo990

Anyone know when this pub is suppose to happen haven't heard anything about it for awhile. Is it already on Origin? Just kind of strange a major pub like this with new drops, major skill, insurance changes and very little chatter.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, they did say they weren't going to rush this one, but yeah, the discussion has died down a lot since the initial announcement and then the publish to Origin.

W

Walkerboh77

it's probably a safe bet that it will be around valentines day ... :mf_prop:

V

Voodoo990

Wow that would be a long time from publish on Origin to gen population publish, guess I'll put imbuing back on the myst garg.

M

Megilhir

I like a combination of 60 Focus with 40 Med. That's 6 stamina regen and 7 mana regen for 100 points.
See? I tell you what, if/when EA hireds me to direct the development of UO I intend to recruit this fella in some way....ooops, evil plot revelled too soon.