• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center - Publish 64 and Patch Notes!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

*shrugs* hard to speculate. Some people will find it useful, others wont. I like how it's no longer tied to Eval which pretty much discluded any non-mages from using it.

... are you evaluating Mysticism from a template that utilizes Eval/Myst/Imbuing or just Eval/Myst?

Rising Colossus is a very major spell for Mysticism, and Spell Trigger is also potentially very useful. Also effects Stone Form, which probably wont be widely used anyway, but may have niche purposes, and Enchant Weapon I believe was also effected by Imbuing.
I'm not speculating. It severely limits the hybrid options. It nerfs doing anything remotely interesting with it. I don't know why people think it will make it more likely to be hybrided with a Dexxer when no Dexxer uses Focus to start with.

Choices are now limited to 120 Mage/Med/Eval/Resist/Myst/Focus or 120 Mage/Med/Eval/Myst/Focus/Imbuing.

Previously you could make a solid Necro/Mystic/Mage. (Spell Plauge, Blood Oath, Omen Mage... mainly talking in terms of PvP templates here btw, Summoning a Colossus for PvM isn't going to be a great deal different).

U

UOKaiser

Old system: Mysticism + Eval + Imbuing
New system: Mysticism + Focus

It now takes 120 fewer skill points.
...so what's the problem?

It'll be better as it's own skill, but will be harder to half-crossover (only for mages) to.
No the way it sounds old system Myst + imbuing +eval = greater power
new system myst+imbbuing or focus = less greater power because eval is not there to add more power.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So anyone test mysticism yet?

Are the skills that required eval standalone now or do they require focus/imbuing?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
power will be the same but now the mystic only need myst and focus and will be the same as myst+eval+imbuing but you will now have mor mana regen with focus and more stamina regen

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

new system myst+imbbuing or focus = less greater power because eval is not there to add more power.
I think they worded it weirdly, but the result is that they're just changing the Eval req for Focus. All actual damages will be the same, just need Focus instead of Eval.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So anyone test mysticism yet?

Are the skills that required eval standalone now or do they require focus/imbuing?
you only need focus and mysticism to have same power as before plus the added benifit of mana regen increase and hp regen increase

E

Eyes of Origin

In the way of patches, this is a pretty big one..
Thank you Devs for the work you continue to put into UO.

And for those who arent happy with the changes, send in the feedback to the Devs. It's the only thing I can suggest. =/

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

power will be the same but now the mystic only need myst and focus and will be the same as myst+eval+imbuing but you will now have mor mana regen with focus and more hp regen
Stam Regen not HP. But as the Mana Regen is only half what you would get from Med it doesn't replace the need for that skill. You could always go with half Med but then you lose out on the success of active Meditation.

K

Kurgan

So EA now says it is ok to run 2 clients.
Bout time.

Patch 7.0.5.0 (Classic Client)
  • Players from Global Chat can now be added to the Ignore List. A list of selectable names will appear when adding targets to the Ignore List
  • Added the “Chat Channel Message Color” customization option.
  • Players can now run more than one Classic Client at a time, but are given a warning dialog during startup

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Stam Regen not HP. But as the Mana Regen is only half what you would get from Med it doesn't replace the need for that skill. You could always go with half Med but then you lose out on the success of active Meditation.
my bad but yes thats pretty much it

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like a combination of 60 Focus with 40 Med. That's 6 stamina regen and 7 mana regen for 100 points.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
here is a example of my template and how it will effect me
currently new
120 mystic 120
120 magery 120
120 med 120
120 eval 120
120 imbuing replaced by focus of 120
100 spellweaving 100
100 inscription 100

keep in mind the only reason to keep eval is for the magery spells if i was relying on mysticism I could remove eval (and probably inscription) and replace with maybe tactics and weapon skill or whatever!

also would mean I could replace stamina regen on my items and replace with better mods!

U

UOKaiser

I think they worded it weirdly, but the result is that they're just changing the Eval req for Focus. All actual damages will be the same, just need Focus instead of Eval.
The thing is evaluate inteligence increased the power of colossis. Whiout eval the power of colosis is wekened. So are they increasing colosis power to make up for the difference? I don't see them mentioning it anywhere.

U

UOKaiser

here is a example of my template and how it will effect me
currently new
120 mystic 120
120 magery 120
120 med 120
120 eval 120
120 imbuing replaced by focus of 120
100 spellweaving 100
100 inscription 100

keep in mind the only reason to keep eval is for the magery spells if i was relying on mysticism I could remove eval (and probably inscription) and replace with maybe tactics and weapon skill or whatever!
Colaissis also the single most important spell in pvm needs or needed eval for that extra power. It sucks trying to kill a 1000+ hp monster with neither bolt.

S

Stupid Miner

Have you ever seen them unpatch something that wasn't a major exploit/bug?
Mysticism. :p

Hm, I read it as (Old Eval+Imbuing)==(New Focus)

If they had substantially nerfed Mysticism like that, they would have clarified.

LG:
I don't know why people think it will make it more likely to be hybrided with a Dexxer when no Dexxer uses Focus to start with.
Well that's because Focus was worthless as a stand-alone skill. Just like Spirit Speak is worthless as a stand-alone skill.

But as a complimentary skill to Mysticism, it's more enticing. Focus isn't useless, it's just weak compared to the amount of points put into it. Now Fighters that had no Meditation or Focus, would be more inclined to Mysticism, not only for the Mystic Spell benefits, but also for the supplementary Stamina and Mana Regeneration.
Just since many fighters don't have Med or Focus, doesn't mean they wouldn't benefit from them.

Also, Focus has an effect on the MR item bonus effect, and can be used with overly powerful non-medable Woodland Armor.

Will it be useful in practice? Impossible to accurately speculate without testing it.

Colaissis also the single most important spell in pvm needs or needed eval for that extra power. It sucks trying to kill a 1000+ hp monster with neither bolt.
... you know that Nether Bolt is the Mystic equivalent of Magic Arrow right? (same damage output)

R

RD Gumbie

Was just about to put Myst on my necro mage too. back to teh drawing board

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
call me silly, but i play a lot of dexxers PvM and PvP and I just don't see the big todo about the new change. 100 wep skill and 100 parry = 200, 100 wep skill + 100 bushido =200, hell even 120 fencing +80 poisoning is 200???

what kind of gimp template is nerfed? true dexxers are not affected at all in my opinion.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i just went to test center and tested colossus with focus and myst of 120
and it gives 106.6 in all stats so colossus appears weaker! now that sucks

S

Stupid Miner

Summoning a Colossus for PvM isn't going to be a great deal different.
What makes you think that? Previously the Colossi's skills were evenly split between Mysiticism, Eval, and Imbuing.

120Myst/120Eval created a Colossus with 80.0 in every skill. 120/120/120 created a 120.0 in every skill Colossus.
... and you also have more Mana and HP and Dex, and other stuff for it too.

U

UOKaiser

It looks like they trying to make useful things useless to make useless things mandatory. I don't like this strategy. It's the same as to make gargoyle useful they will make elf and human useless so it doesn't look like they failed. There applying this to templates as well. Something is definetely wrong up there. We get almost no word and info and get hit with major changes like this out of nowhere. I must repeat to them this is not a pvp only game hell pvp is only a small part inthe whole game and do not make vets decide that is more fun to go play wow that to be forced into predefined templates in a over decade year old game which major selling point and continued existance relies on the mantra "Be who you want" not be who we want you to be.
Im seriously disapointed in some of these changes that any good pales in comparison.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The thing is evaluate inteligence increased the power of colossis. Whiout eval the power of colosis is wekened. So are they increasing colosis power to make up for the difference? I don't see them mentioning it anywhere.
Focus is replacing everything Eval was for. (At least thats how I've took what they said.)

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

What makes you think that? Previously the Colossi's skills were evenly split between Mysiticism, Eval, and Imbuing.
They were split between Imbuing & Eval, now they will be split between Imbuing & Focus. But I'm thinking more in terms of templates as a whole, previously if you wanted a full strength colossus template it took 3x120, if this goes in it will still take 3x120.

S

Stupid Miner

They were split between Imbuing & Eval, now they will be split between Imbuing & Focus. But I'm thinking more in terms of templates as a whole, previously if you wanted a full strength colossus template it took 3x120, if this goes in it will still take 3x120.
You misread the conjunction they used
Players can use EITHER their Focus skill or Imbuing skill.
"either...or"
not
"both...and"

and Storm already posted this:
You only need focus and mysticism to have same power as before

Addendum:
Well this is strange...
Hopped on TC to verify this and Mysticism definitely only takes Imbuing OR Focus

...but the max stats for Rising Colossus has been slightly lowered.
But not in any way i can tell correlating to the old values.

120/120 gives 106.6 in each skill.
Before these changes 120/120 gave 80.0 in each skill. (yes i tested it, yes i have documentation)

*shrugs*

Wonder if that effects other spells, guess I'll have to rewrite the whole stupid Mysticism page from scratch again.

S

Stupid Miner

i have to ask...what's overly powerful about woodland armor?
You can find the pertinent info by going to the Material Property Bonuses page on the uo.stratics front page under the "Items" section.

Compare wood armor bonuses to Metal and Leather, and you'll see.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Nice changes. But boy, am I glad I held off on scrolling my imbuer with 120 mystic/eval.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Addendum:
Well this is strange...
Hopped on TC to verify this and Mysticism definitely only takes Imbuing OR Focus

Before these changes 120/120 gave 80.0 in each skill. (yes i tested it, yes i have documentation

I noticed this also can you verify on production shard I think they were 120 also
but they are for sure 106.6 now and it seems duration is shorter also

C

canary

So where are all these 'great fixes' that were promised in December's HoC chat that were for the EC? Cuz I don't see really anything with any substance on it that would be from Hawkeye's much neglected over 100+ list of issues for the Enhanced (snicker) Client.

W

Walkerboh77

You can find the pertinent info by going to the Material Property Bonuses page on the uo.stratics front page under the "Items" section.

Compare wood armor bonuses to Metal and Leather, and you'll see.
yes...i see your point...that is some nice stuff...elf only tho :(

next question...does crafting it get the arms lore bonus?

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So EA now says it is ok to run 2 clients.
Bout time.

Patch 7.0.5.0 (Classic Client)
  • Players from Global Chat can now be added to the Ignore List. A list of selectable names will appear when adding targets to the Ignore List
  • Added the “Chat Channel Message Color” customization option.
  • Players can now run more than one Classic Client at a time, but are given a warning dialog during startup

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
XP was ok but with Windows Vista and 7 user accounts are protected from each other and running multiple clients using fast-user switching is quite easy.

W

Wahnfried

New Rewards- Night Eyes ( Glasses), Tangler (Half Apron)

Gargs cry...

U

UOKaiser

"either...or"
not
"both...and"

and Storm already posted this:

Addendum:
Well this is strange...

Before these changes 120/120 gave 80.0 in each skill. (yes i tested it, yes i have documentation)

*shrugs*

Wonder if that effects other spells, guess I'll have to rewrite the whole stupid Mysticism page from scratch again.
You gonna need to compare a rising colossus from 120/120/120 to 120/120

U

UOKaiser

It will weakend colosis because focus or imbuing not both and they removed evaluate eval without increasing colosis power to composate for the loss of eval.

U

UOKaiser

I already did.
Whats the result did they increase the power of colosis using only 2 skills to be equal to colosis using 3 skills? Also am sure evel was used for other skills as well I know nether cyclone used it as well. Where there powers weakened even more? Not at home so I can't test it myself but if you already tested i would like to hear your results.

S

Stupid Miner

It will weakend colosis because focus or imbuing not both and they removed evaluate eval without increasing colosis power to composate for the loss of eval.
Wrong.
Pre-patch 120/120/0 gave 80.0 in each skill
Currently 120/120 gives 106.6 in each skill.

Grr, it's like you're not even bothering to read these posts I've written.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad to see that when you use your character's context menu, you once again have the option to toggle insurance on or off for one item at a time instead of having to use the "Item Insurance Menu" gump.

A question: Why is a small ship deed insurable and not blessed? If dry-docked ships are blessed, why isn't a ship deed blessed?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Fair enough but it doesn't change anything in regards to my objection. (only in regards to the side details of Colossus)

Unless you were ONLY using Imbuing with Mysticism prior to the change you've been nerfed. Focus is no substitute for Eval or Med.

120 Mage
80 Med
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Mysticism
60 Necro
100 SS

Is the current template I have, I can use most of the Mysticism spells, primarily the one I want is Spell Plauge, because it stacks with Blood Oath, and I have a full Omen Mage. If this change goes in then a template like this can't be made without sacricing something important for something unimportant by comparrison (... Focus or Imbuing have little/no bearing on the effectiveness of the character compared to what you would have to drop - likely Resist)

My template is being nerfed for no apparent reason. Now don't get me wrong, I can quite easily not have a Mystic, but they asked for our feedback and mine is that the change is detrimental, both to me personally with my current template, and to template versatility in general.

U

UOKaiser

Wrong.
Pre-patch 120/120/0 gave 80.0 in each skill
Currently 120/120 gives 106.6 in each skill.

Grr, it's like you're not even bothering to read these posts I've written.
Am on the road so reading these post are a bit difficult. Either way pre-patch 120/120/120 gave what in each skill not the 120/120/0
compare to 120/120 post patch is what am trying to figure out.

S

Stupid Miner

Fair enough but it doesn't change anything in regards to my objection. (only in regards to the side details of Colossus)

Unless you were ONLY using Imbuing with Mysticism prior to the change you've been nerfed. Focus is no substitute for Eval or Med.

120 Mage
80 Med
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Mysticism
60 Necro
100 SS

Is the current template I have, I can use most of the Mysticism spells, primarily the one I want is Spell Plauge, because it stacks with Blood Oath, and I have a full Omen Mage. If this change goes in then a template like this can't be made without sacricing something important for something unimportant by comparrison (... Focus or Imbuing have little/no bearing on the effectiveness of the character compared to what you would have to drop - likely Resist)

My template is being nerfed for no apparent reason. Now don't get me wrong, I can quite easily not have a Mystic, but they asked for our feedback and mine is that the change is detrimental.
... detrimental to some, beneficial to others.

Either way, how it was before: Requiring 360 skill points to use for its maximum potential was ridiculous.

Side comment: This makes the +20 focus on the Crystalline ring not entirely useless anymore.

U

UOKaiser

Either way, how it was before: Requiring 360 skill points to use for its maximum potential was ridiculous.

Side comment: This makes the +20 focus on the Crystalline ring not entirely useless anymore.
That might be a problem and it's the core of what I like to test. Is 360 skill points to use it to maximum potential achievable now with only 240. Or did they nerfed the magic that used evaluate int. So that now 240 gives more benefit than the pre-patch 120/120 but less benefit than the pre-patch 120/120/120 with no hope of getting that high because of the total removable of that 120?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Well I don't speak for others. I speak for me, and the change is detrimental to the template I currently play, and to any other Mystic template I might build.

S

Smokin

call me silly, but i play a lot of dexxers PvM and PvP and I just don't see the big todo about the new change. 100 wep skill and 100 parry = 200, 100 wep skill + 100 bushido =200, hell even 120 fencing +80 poisoning is 200???

what kind of gimp template is nerfed? true dexxers are not affected at all in my opinion.
How about ones that use resisting spells and do not have Bushido or parry or ninja but run Chivalry instead. To me Chivalry should be on the list with the rest of the weapon skills. That or tactics. Heck even Necromancy should be on the skill list because it is a skill that works with dexxers.

If anything the gimp templates are the ones that get the bonus all the Bush archers.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a screen shot of the Gardener's Toolbox behind the palace in Nujelm (Trammel) and the message you get after clicking on it. Am off to get some seeds to try it out, although since they aren't "old" seeds from before seeds became stackable about a year ago I can't say the testing will prove conclusively that the box works as it should.

Didn't check the Fel side to see if there's a toolbox there too.

U

UOKaiser

Weell gonna have to get ready to do that human to elf quest for all my humans. Wonder if I should keep a human gatherer with minimum skills for leather gathering with harvester. Probably not worth it though. Gonna be crowded in that quest for the first month or so hope we don't have to take turns lol.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good to see something new finally. Was gonna post to ask when. :party:

Hopefully the new rewards will worth the time. Currently there is no reason to keep doing Stygian Dragon or Medusa.

Excite-Meter:
===================================
======= 30% II
===================================

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IF you dislike the special move change (which appears to be designed to eliminate humans from the game, and penalize characters without gimplates), do what I did and go to uoherald.com, and send feedback asking them NOT to make the change, or to at least add Chivalry to the list.

There is no legitimate reason to have Bushido & ninjitsu on the list, while not having Chivalry. Chivalry should have been added back in 2005. with SE. After all, unlike Bushido & Ninjitsu, Chivalry doesn't even REQUIRE another qualifying skill that is on the list (which pretty much guarantees the lower costs for sams and ninjas).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the Gardener's Toolbox looks like it might need further tweaking. You can't drop anything into it (i.e., seeds or containers of seeds) and clicking on it just brings up the message shown in my last post. If you try to drop a seed on it or a bag of seeds on it, they just immediately bounce back into your pack. Everything in the container looks the same as before you tried to drop it into the toolbox and seeds that should stack, such as a couple of fragrant seeds, remain unstacked.

Don't know if the reason they bounce back is because they're all "new" stackable seeds and therefore don't need to be dumped in the toolbox to be traded for stackable ones, or if the toolbox really isn't working.