• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Combat Changes in Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the SSI nerf to warriors is too much. the major problem was moving shot with elemental damage bows and this has already been solved with hit chance penalty and only physical damage.
the 250 stamina suit is clearly a myth and even 211 stamina suits are hard to get. on Siege Perilous they are rarely to be found because people will lose their suits on a regular basis so they only run what they can replace easily. please get rid of the SSI nerf!
The 250 is a myth because the items needed to make it work don't mesh. However all he was saying is that it's cap. 210-215 Stam suits aren't that difficult honestly. This suit is like 4 legendarys and basic reforged. Has a ton of room
For improvements. And it's 50ep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix tell please why write about cap 250 stamina,even when 240 stamina will impossible without potions ?))

• Weapon swing speed is now capped at 40% of base swing speed or 1.25 seconds, whichever is higher. The current Stamina cap is 250 and the current Swing Speed Increase cap is 60 which allows 4.25s and below weapons to swing at 1.25s. This change brings more balance, only allowing 3.5s and below weapons to reach 1.25s, which adds more value to those weapons besides weapon special moves. Out of all the suggested changes this one has the biggest impact on combat which is why we are cautious with moving forward and will require additional player feedback.
Read the statement.

"The current stamina cap is 250 and the current swing speed cap is 60 which allows 4.25s and below to swing at 1.25s"

This is the current situation and the basis for their change.

They go into say the change brings balance and still allows 3.5s weapons to reach 1.25.
(As was pointed out this can't be accurate at 40% unless they round down to 1.25 since the cap for 3.5 would be 1.4 s)

They additionally call for more feedback. (And they got it, despite the confusion).

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The 250 is a myth because the items needed to make it work don't mesh. However all he was saying is that it's cap. 210-215 Stam suits aren't that difficult honestly. This suit is like 4 legendarys and basic reforged. Has a ton of room
For improvements. And it's 50ep

They are saying that the current cap is high enough along with swing speed that it allows for weapons to currently swing at 1.25s.
Particularly composite bows with a base speed of 4s.

The 210 requirement to get there didn't change any on the live version.

They're sayin since the cap is 250 you can hit 210 stamina and swing at 1.25s.

Whether you can actually reach 250 is irrelevant.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are saying that the current cap is high enough along with swing speed that it allows for weapons to currently swing at 1.25s.
Particularly composite bows with a base speed of 4s.

The 210 requirement to get there didn't change any on the live version.

They're sayin since the cap is 250 you can hit 210 stamina and swing at 1.25s.

Whether you can actually reach 250 is irrelevant.
Ah gotcha! I still don't see what the problem with the changes are. So you can't hit 1.25 on almost every single weapon anymore. I've always thought having an archer who can put swing you from 9-10 tiles away was ridiculous at best. And just forced basically everyone to make parry mages. So now all dexxer complain Parry is OP, seem to forget before Parry was the Flavor of the Month. Disarm/Splinter Archers were ridiculously OP.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ah gotcha! I still don't see what the problem with the changes are. So you can't hit 1.25 on almost every single weapon anymore. I've always thought having an archer who can put swing you from 9-10 tiles away was ridiculous at best. And just forced basically everyone to make parry mages. So now all dexxer complain Parry is OP, seem to forget before Parry was the Flavor of the Month. Disarm/Splinter Archers were ridiculously OP.

The changes aren't terrible, people just see a swing speed nerf and begin to rage.

Pretty much take the base speed of any weapon and multiply by .4 and that is the proposed swing speed cap.

I'd only like to know about the adjustments to swing speed increments if any.

Do weapons with proposed swing speed cap of say 1.4 round down to 1.25? Which guessing by the statement that probably is the case.

So weapons between 1.5 and say 1.6 would swing at 1.5? Or will they adopt the actual 1.4 or 1.6 swing rates?

Mostly archers and probably throwers are affected by this. But should they really ever have been able to swing at 1.25? Probably not, and was this way before the gear power creap which started allowing them to hit 1.25s.

@Bleak

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The swing speed calculation has always rounded down(truncates). We view the weapon's swing speed as ticks(0.25 seconds), so swing speeds can only be divisible by 0.25 seconds.
Thanks for the clarification man.

@DJ Diddles

Aquarius88

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Maybe u need weapon skill for special moves?? like. 70 weapon skill for first special move and 90 weapon skill for secound?? i know so much cool templates witch work without tactics but u cant play them all because of the tacs requirement for special move.
so if u dont have tacs in your template u have a penalty of damage increase thats should be enough for my opinion.

But u have so much more choices of other templates.

Last edited:

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suggestion/ feedback.

-Remove tactics requirement completely.

-Remove stealth and hiding requirement for deathstrike

-Allow specials to be toggled while casting

-remove animal form from being disrupted when hit

-remove casting focus in pvp

-Allow DCI/HCI to be over capped to counter the effects to HLD/HLA

-increase smoke bomb timer to 30 seconds

-put a 5min timer on shatter pots, my potions are precious! lol.

Last edited:

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
My suggestion/ feedback.

-remove animal form from being disrupted when hit (I agree with all but this one)

I actually fully agree with this after testing templates on TC. This would help diversity as well as bring some new light to pvp. Except the non disrupt able animal form, that's silly. Every spell should be disrupt able. There will be no way to remove casting focus in pvp, but I do like the idea of that. Every other suggestion here is SOLID, ROCK SOLID. @Bleak These are the types of changes that will make combat interesting again. Not adding more skills to the focused mage list or tinkering with nova's etc, but changes to these sections here specifically. Kudos to @RL'S pker on this list.

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suggestion/ feedback.

1. I could agree if they need it for LMC bonus.
2. Not sure how I feel about this one.
3. NO.
4. No.
5. No. Overcapping is dumb and makes the other properties useless.
6. I hate smoke bombs.
7. Shatter pots are pretty stupid. Something should be done to tone those down. Right now when you kill someone, they hop on a stealther and just shatter pot you once a minute and run away. They should put a delay on the throw and shatter a lot less pots. Currently if you have pots in a bag and someone throws a pot at you while dragging it, you don't lose any pots. There should be a second or two delay so you can avoid the shatter if you are quick enough to pick up the bag.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My suggestion/ feedback.

660 Skill points after adding 60 of tactics to active masteries is enough for proper template diversity. Frankly, the tactics requirement shouldn't be changed at all.

Deathstrike would then be over powered. Maybe adjusting requirement downward, but not completely removing.

The upside to this is it would be adding some more melee fighting into PVP.

I don't see the need to change these current casting affects in either PVP or PVM.

I wouldn't mind seeing refinements allow HCI to be bumped up to 50, or possibly restoring the thrower cap increase, but there needs to be some cap. Otherwise, you may as well bring back the 15+ HP overcap possibility for Warrior's Gifts, too.

+1 on these.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My suggestion/ feedback.

I'd agree to over capping two handed weapons.

Not interrupting animal form is a huge no.

Smoke bomb timer yes.

Okay with removing CF.

No to shatter pot timer.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
660 Skill points after adding 60 of tactics to active masteries is enough for proper template diversity. Frankly, the tactics requirement shouldn't be changed at all.
You're leaving out the weapon skill..... if it literally only required 60.0 tactics to toggle specials on, Mage-weapons would be the best thing in UO, that would NOT be good, also it would be a massive nerf to dexers. by giving mages what dexers already have for less skill points :facepalm:

TC1 is there for a reason. 60.0 + 120.0 = 180.0 which means you will have 540.0 skill points left over.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You're leaving out the weapon skill..... if it literally only required 60.0 tactics to toggle specials on, Mage-weapons would be the best thing in UO, that would NOT be good, also it would be a massive nerf to dexers. by giving mages what dexers already have for less skill points :facepalm:

TC1 is there for a reason. 60.0 + 120.0 = 180.0 which means you will have 540.0 skill points left over.
I fully understand there is still weapon skill involved. Your options are to then keep the weapon skill and do without the specials. Or put some skills on your jewels. Or only go up to 30 tactics so that you can still have atleast one of the specials. Or don't go up to 120 in the weapon skill. We all have to make choices. :facepalm:

If tactics requirement is to be done away with... then the amount of damage done by using a weapon skill without tactics should be nerfed downwards.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fully understand there is still weapon skill involved. Your options are to then keep the weapon skill and do without the specials. Or put some skills on your jewels. Or only go up to 30 tactics so that you can still have atleast one of the specials. Or don't go up to 120 in the weapon skill. We all have to make choices. :facepalm:

If tactics requirement is to be done away with... then the amount of damage done by using a weapon skill without tactics should be nerfed downwards.
So, what's the point in going 120 weapon skill if you get auto-attacks with mage-weapons? (no point)

If you drop tactics your damage does go down... lol, maybe you should test some of this stuff.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So, what's the point in going 120 weapon skill if you get auto-attacks with mage-weapons? (no point)

If you drop tactics your damage does go down... lol, maybe you should test some of this stuff.
If dexxer templates desperately need those extra skill points... why are we then also nerfing moving shot? I can't connect the dots on this logic.

I was testing earlier in the week and will be doing more this weekend, thank you very much.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If dexxer templates desperately need those extra skill points... why are we then also nerfing moving shot? I can't connect the dots on this logic.

I was testing earlier in the week and will be doing more this weekend, thank you very much.
Do you see "melee" dexers in Pvp? (When I use the term "dexer" I mean, Melee only.) Archers & Throwers are a different breed, and ranged is what's getting nerfed.

Archers won't benefit from dropping tactics unless that pick up another source of damage. (like any other template with a weapon skill)

More template options = better for everyone....

If you tested it successfully you'd know that 60.0 tactics you cannot toggle specials on. you need weapon skill AND tactics to toggle them on. and none of them do enough damage to be "a dexer" without tactics anyway, unless you add another skill which is required for certain other specials.

Maybe you should explain why you don't want specials to be weapon-skill only?

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran

You make a very good point. There is no advantage of taking a weapon skill without Tactics over just using a mage weapon if Tactics is needed for specials. At no point should the mage weapon be just as good as 120 weapon skill

The only requirement for specials should be 90 points in a weapon skill only. Don't lower weapon skill requirement to 60. Then it will be abused by people using mage weapons

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You make a very good point. There is no advantage of taking a weapon skill over using a mage weapon if Tactics is needed for specials. At no point should the mage weapon be just as good as 120 weapon skill
Yea, apparently, the devs allow specials to be toggled at 60/60 weapon skill & tactics (not 90/60) which is completely one-sided... I'd beable to make quite a few templates I wanted too. but a dexer with only 60 weapon skill can't be played effectively.... it would be worse than playing while in stat-loss... like who the hell came up with that idea? C'mon devs.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yea, apparently, the devs allow specials to be toggled at 60/60 weapon skill & tactics (not 90/60) which is completely one-sided... I'd beable to make quite a few templates I wanted too. but a dexer with only 60 weapon skill can't be played effectively.... it would be worse than playing while in stat-loss... like who the hell came up with that idea? C'mon devs.
LMAO. Lowering weapon skill to 60 to save some skill points is a horrible idea. How is a dexer supposed to hit anything? Make the requirement be 90 in weapon skill, and remove tactics requirement

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shields were disarmable once way back and within a month or so put back to invincible due to massive outcry. I mean if you swung a weapon at someone you more likely hit their shield then their hand holding the weapon. Makes perfect to me to make shields disarmable, but I doubt youll sell that idea here. It would ruin another crutch of the easy button pvp that exists now, and they don't like that.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
7. Shatter pots are pretty stupid. Something should be done to tone those down. Right now when you kill someone, they hop on a stealther and just shatter pot you once a minute and run away. They should put a delay on the throw and shatter a lot less pots. Currently if you have pots in a bag and someone throws a pot at you while dragging it, you don't lose any pots. There should be a second or two delay so you can avoid the shatter if you are quick enough to pick up the bag.
LOL. Just cause your not using shatter potions doesn't make them a problem @PaithanTheElf . Its good see you know an exploit on how to stop shatter potions, how long has that been around and not reported. Shatter potions are fine and are a great defense against the over-powered supernova potion.

Maybe if you positioned yourself better to avoid them you wouldn't lose your pots. I like how shatter potions didn't ever get mentioned before everyone was a alchemist. But alchemy isn't over-powered right? LMAO

I think alchemy should boost how many potions get broken with shatters, just like it more then doubles the output damage of a supernova. I say lets raise the shatter percentage to 1 more potion broken per 5 points of alchemy just like conflag potions. That's 20 more potions broken per shatter pot.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. Just cause your not using shatter potions doesn't make them a problem @PaithanTheElf . Its good see you know an exploit on how to stop shatter potions, how long has that been around and not reported. Shatter potions are fine and are a great defense against the over-powered supernova potion.

Maybe if you positioned yourself better to avoid them you wouldn't lose your pots. I like how shatter potions didn't ever get mentioned before everyone was a alchemist. But alchemy isn't over-powered right? LMAO

I think alchemy should boost how many potions get broken with shatters, just like it more then doubles the output damage of a supernova. I say lets raise the shatter percentage to 1 more potion broken per 5 points of alchemy just like conflag potions. That's 20 more potions broken per shatter pot.
I mean it does little other than eventually stop or hold a fight. If someone randomly does it at yew gate and runs away.. you need to do it about 4-5 times and then a five second restock occurs.

But with your logic.. you shouldn't complain about novas. =)

Oh remember losing a 3v3 yesterday, good times!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL that's your guys logic I posted in there about supernovas, not mine. See how ridiculous it sounds when I use that argument for shatter potions. Its too easy making all you EGO kids look stupid when it comes to real game mechanics and logical solutions to existing problems.

LOL at what you think was a 3v3, (more stories and lies by EGO players) Your were summoning pets 1v1, so I decided to make it 2v2, and what happened, oh yeah you ran for twenty minutes cause you have no real talent or vision to deal with the situation. You could've just dropped a couple of para fields and fought back, we were both dexxers, LOL. Then when one more came you guys still ran 2v2, then when u got a third versus two of us you wanted to fight. I mean lets not lie about what really happened. Truth is you cant compete with talented players, just gank.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL that's your guys logic I posted in there about supernovas, not mine. See how ridiculous it sounds when I use that argument for shatter potions. Its too easy making all you EGO kids look stupid when it comes to real game mechanics and logical solutions to existing problems.

LOL at what you think was a 3v3, (more stories and lies by EGO players) Your were summoning pets 1v1, so I decided to make it 2v2, and what happened, oh yeah you ran for twenty minutes cause you have no real talent or vision to deal with the situation. You could've just dropped a couple of para fields and fought back, we were both dexxers, LOL. Then when one more came you guys still ran 2v2, then when u got a third versus two of us you wanted to fight. I mean lets not lie about what really happened. Truth is you cant compete with talented players, just gank.
Everyone has given you about 20 reasons and suggestions to make you stop crying and it seems to not stick.

Ok, lets go over what ACTUALLY happened real quick. After cossack and gurads lost a quick two v two.... I was later one v oneing.. you jumped in and so did cossack. So it was 3v1. I ran around the abby one time and had two of my buds come to make it a 3v3. Cossack died in under 7 seconds. You smoke bombed and ran away and then gurads ran away as well. lol. Even numbers I could have sneezed and missed the fight. And those are the 3 main people trying to come up with pvp solutions. lolz.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL none of that is true @PaithanTheElf . You ran around for a very long time just versus two of us. I wasn't even gonna jump in the fight except that since your such a failure at magery you kept summoning demons in a solo fight. Im fairly certain that we circled everything in yew bank area about fifteen times and hawt teen showed up and you still ran around more when it was 2v2. Stop posting lies to make yourself feel better about your lack of talent.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone has given you about 20 reasons and suggestions to make you stop crying and it seems to not stick.

Ok, lets go over what ACTUALLY happened real quick. After cossack and gurads lost a quick two v two.... I was later one v oneing.. you jumped in and so did cossack. So it was 3v1. I ran around the abby one time and had two of my buds come to make it a 3v3. Cossack died in under 7 seconds. You smoke bombed and ran away and then gurads ran away as well. lol. Even numbers I could have sneezed and missed the fight. And those are the 3 main people trying to come up with pvp solutions. lolz.
A quick "2v2" WHERE I WAS ALONE AGAINST TWO OF YOU. That is not, by any stretch of a normal person's logic,a 2v2. Btw, that "2v2" started as a 1v1 between you and Gurads, where you were down to 40% from one hit - if I was going to jump in, I would have done it sooner, and you would have died. @de LEET ed came on screen and jumped in (all because you were getting your ass handed to you), at which point I did too.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL none of that is true @PaithanTheElf . You ran around for a very long time just versus two of us. I wasn't even gonna jump in the fight except that since your such a failure at magery you kept summoning demons in a solo fight. Im fairly certain that we circled everything in yew bank area about fifteen times and hawt teen showed up and you still ran around more when it was 2v2. Stop posting lies to make yourself feel better about your lack of talent.
Want the screenshot with his dead body, you, and gurads vs the three of us?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A quick "2v2" WHERE I WAS ALONE AGAINST TWO OF YOU. That is not, by any stretch of a normal person's logic,a 2v2. Btw, that "2v2" started as a 1v1 between you and Gurads, where you were down to 40% from one hit - if I was going to jump in, I would have done it sooner, and you would have died. @de LEET ed came on screen and jumped in (all because you were getting your ass handed to you), at which point I did too.
He hits hard... I was never in danger. Not from you jumping in either. lol. Go ahead and ask him if hes killed me 1v1 or if I have killed him 1v1.

When your guild mate runs away to heal up and we turn on you.. that is still a two v two, just with a bad guildmate.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He hits hard... I was never in danger. Not from you jumping in either. lol. Go ahead and ask him if hes killed me 1v1 or if I have killed him 1v1.

When your guild mate runs away to heal up and we turn on you.. that is still a two v two, just with a bad guildmate.
He has, not that you'll ever admit to it publicly ;)

Not in danger? No ****. I would certainly hope not, especially on a healing/alchy parry mage. But yes, you actually would have died if I jumped in, because I wouldn't have waited for his melee hit to land. Nice job using the Apple as soon as I came on screen though. You guys should know by now that I don't jump in on open field 1v1 fights. Of course, "I don't pvp", so I guess there's no way for you to know that.

All reasons that are biased, self-serving, and complete nonsense.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@drcossack

Thats not me, you guys wouldnt last 2vs1 against me but can u stop derailing this thread we have already established you're credability as a pvper which is all that post was for /end

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He has, not that you'll ever admit to it publicly ;)

Not in danger? No ****. I would certainly hope not, especially on a healing/alchy parry mage. But yes, you actually would have died if I jumped in, because I wouldn't have waited for his melee hit to land. Nice job using the Apple as soon as I came on screen though. You guys should know by now that I don't jump in on open field 1v1 fights. Of course, "I don't pvp", so I guess there's no way for you to know that.

All reasons that are biased, self-serving, and complete nonsense.
The solutions proposed surely aren't self serving. You guys just don't understand game mechanics.

Gurads most certainly has not killed me one v one. And I was paying attention to you during the fight to know if I was ever in danger from you. I wasn't. Good day.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A quick "2v2" WHERE I WAS ALONE AGAINST TWO OF YOU. That is not, by any stretch of a normal person's logic,a 2v2. Btw, that "2v2" started as a 1v1 between you and Gurads, where you were down to 40% from one hit - if I was going to jump in, I would have done it sooner, and you would have died.
This more accurate. Parry = somewhat hard to keep *Summon demon* interrupted everytime. still didn't need to leave screen when he was dumping on me and I was killing his demon(s) lol. such a sad story.

@de LEET ed came on screen and jumped in (all because you were getting your ass handed to you), at which point I did too.
Well, i think his "positioning skills" would have kicked in, if you had jumped in, he would have ran back to his house... because he was running from me 100% of the fight we had going, until his archer buddy jumped in, and they still failed to kill me.

I wonder why they feel to need to lie about this stuff though? I thought top-tier pvpers were actually "good" at UO. and if they are... How exactly does a Healing-Alchy-Parry-Mage have trouble fighting a Wammie (pvm template) ?

It's a shame my melee dismount "missed" due to RNG vs paithen, and the archer (Abyss) failed to dismount me due to "range" (Twice). absolutely amazes me.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@drcossack

Thats not me, you guys wouldnt last 2vs1 against me but can u stop derailing this thread we have already established you're credability as a pvper which is all that post was for /end
Care to test that theory then? And you guys are derailing it just as much as we are. btw, it's "your", not "you're"

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
show me my body. that's what I want to see. =D
Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't you also play a stealth, deathstrike, mage named Heres the Love? So Gurads, Veronica something and Here's the Love are you correct?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't you also play a stealth, deathstrike, mage named Heres the Love? So Gurads, Veronica something and Here's the Love are you correct?
sometimes yes, very out-dated template =D

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
@CovenantX What's so outdated about it? I have watched you survive several ganks and stealth away using smoke bombs and pots etc. Basic game mechanics and your suit seems to have been updated to todays specs. What would you say makes it outdated?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Veronica isn't me, not sure who that is tbh... but heres the love & Gurads would be my two "suited" atl chars =X

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This more accurate. Parry = somewhat hard to keep *Summon demon* interrupted everytime. still didn't need to leave screen when he was dumping on me and I was killing his demon(s) lol. such a sad story.

Well, i think his "positioning skills" would have kicked in, if you had jumped in, he would have ran back to his house... because he was running from me 100% of the fight we had going, until his archer buddy jumped in, and they still failed to kill me.
What exactly is running from you? If I don't stand on one tile or something? I stayed on screen the entire time.. I moved the fight one screen over from guards so I could summon lol. On the second demon your buddy jumped in. You were never close to killing me at any point nor have you ever been. lol.

You lost two even numbered fights, its not a big deal. It was done with ease. I see why you guys complain about everything after those fights. Keep fighting the good fight. Should I try getting omen conc nerfed because it hit me so hard? Hard cap it at 35!! lol.

edit: Killed you on heres the love one v one also.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@CovenantX What's so outdated about it? I have watched you survive several ganks and stealth away using smoke bombs and pots etc. Basic game mechanics and your suit seems to have been updated to todays specs. What would you say makes it outdated?
Actually, I don't use smokebombs, it's outdated because it uses a mage-weapon and a shield with 15% SDI... and a lot of low-end reforged pieces...

but what does it matter?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What exactly is running from you? If I don't stand on one tile or something? I stayed on screen the entire time.. I moved the fight one screen over from guards so I could summon lol. On the second demon your buddy jumped in. You were never close to killing me at any point nor have you ever been. lol.
Right, I didn't say you ran away... but your offense never made me move. correct?

I had you lower than you even came close with me =D no ranged weapons or novas necessary.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Actually, I don't use smokebombs, it's outdated because it uses a mage-weapon and a shield with 15% SDI... and a lot of low-end reforged pieces...

but what does it matter?
The reason I bring it up is I play a mystic with a mage wep quite a bit and beat most players with this template. 15 Sdi and all of that. It's basic learning the correct spell play and using your template wisely. You have deathstrike and conflags to make me move, as well as spell play and ninjitsu if you're dismounted to get away if I'm not mistaken. The omen conc template is a pretty mindless template but effective, I'd say even more effective than nova's being it's instant dmg for sometimes 70 hp or higher. You keep bringing up kills on this template that we could complain about but we don't. However, let's take that template out of the equation and stick to mage pvp, being your signature leads me to believe that you believe yourself to be better at spell play than omen conc blow for massive dmg. When you position yourself for such changes as you expressed with nova's and casting etc, you'd believe that you have the basics mastered and everything else is just a benefit to you such as pots, focus, etc, wouldn't you agree?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason I bring it up is I play a mystic with a mage wep quite a bit and beat most players with this template. 15 Sdi and all of that. It's basic learning the correct spell play and using your template wisely. You have deathstrike and conflags to make me move, as well as spell play and ninjitsu if you're dismounted to get away if I'm not mistaken. The omen conc template is a pretty mindless template but effective, I'd say even more effective than nova's being it's instant dmg for sometimes 70 hp or higher. You keep bringing up kills on this template that we could complain about but we don't. However, let's take that template out of the equation and stick to mage pvp, being your signature leads me to believe that you believe yourself to be better at spell play that omen conc blow for massive dmg. When you position yourself for such changes as you expressed with nova's and casting etc, you'd believe that you have the basics mastered and everything else is just a benefit to you such as pots, focus, etc, wouldn't you agree?
Mystic > Ds-mage, and my suit with the ds-mage needs the shield for dci atm. =D

DS-mage = pure-mage with deathstrike, the rest is defensive stuff essentially, I never put a splintering mage-weapon on him either.... that'll help. but I want to say my suit is ~14-15 MR with 60-80 med... it's not easy to kill "good" players with low MR and 15% SDI.... I mean, isn't that why the majority of people are playing focus-mages? (derp)

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Well, reversing the roles I've killed focus mages with 15 sdi. I do it often. I also kill parry mages and dexers on that template as well. But the point I am trying to make here is if you first learn the basics, then you can use everything else to it's full capabilities such as novas, conflags, heal potions etc. As @Revan123 mentioned before anyone with the spell play that him and I have should benefit immensely from adding any other type of dmg output to the scenario. In theory, you should learn to drive the Ford Focus before you attempt to track the Ferrari.

In conclusion, you should learn the basics before you attempt to have changes made to advanced items / templates / skills. Allow me to take this time to introduce the Ford Focus to the Ferrari.
upload_2016-12-17_17-14-49.png

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You keep bringing up kills on this template that we could complain about but we don't. However, let's take that template out of the equation and stick to mage pvp, being your signature leads me to believe that you believe yourself to be better at spell play than omen conc blow for massive dmg. When you position yourself for such changes as you expressed with nova's and casting etc, you'd believe that you have the basics mastered and everything else is just a benefit to you such as pots, focus, etc, wouldn't you agree?
increasing the minimum SDI cap would benefit me, yes... but all those templates that benefit from it are not being played.

Tactics = will not benefit any template I play on any shard right now. especially not gurads.

I only carry pots on alchemy characters or any-dexer I play my Atl alchy-mage doesn't have a suit atm, otherwise you'd see him every now and then.

Nova's wouldn't benefit nor hurt me, but I can put a template together that could come extremely close, if not one-shot people near effortlessly if I implement novas and a certain other item no one talks about either. If I played it, people would just try and divert the nerf into the non-consumable parts of it. because consumables are never the problem lol (right?)

I mean, someone suggested adding a cooldown on refresh pots earlier in one of these threads... what would that do? nerf archery? absolutely, it's not hard to drop stamina below 210 to get them down to 1.5s swings, it's not that hard to drop them down to 1.75 ticks (at which you can out-heal their attacks with magery alone- even if they hit you every single time until they use something to prevent healing (mortalstrike).

It would work, certainly would be better than this swing speed adjustment they put in, right? Pvmers normally have stamina leech anyway. a 10 second cooldown (I don't think the guy specified a number for it) but, that would have an impact that a "good" player can make a difference. as well as the dexer "timing" their refresh potion uses.

as far as you talking about my signature, I did enjoy playing mages a lot more so before casting focus added randomness to it... I don't particularly like playing the "Gurads" template though... I play it because it's just 1 of 2 suited characters I have on Atlantic and the fact that almost no one plays either of the two templates I'm playing.

You can't deny that the lack of template diversity is killing UO. -It's certainly not helping it.

you'd believe that you have the basics mastered and everything else is just a benefit to you such as pots, focus, etc, wouldn't you agree?
Somewhat... but it doesn't benefit me as a pvper per-se, It would open options so that I (and anyone else) could play whatever templates they want to play without being at an unreasonable disadvantage because of a massive SDI difference and a few minor things making some skills clearly better than others.

The potion nerf to novas, would benefit more of my characters than it would hurt of mine (I only have 3 alchemists)... I really only play one "Ryan Styles" - LS.
but That's not why I want them nerfed... There's really nothing you can compare to a supernova (It's overpowered) the only thing that holds to the argument, is the cooldown. but if you factor in things like Mystic>trigger-bombard, which has more than twice the skill investment & more than twice the cool-down. it's just ridiculous. I don't really want to keep this discussion going. (about novas)

If anything "Skill" deserved something such as a supernova, wouldn't it make sense to give it to one that requires a set of skilsl that would break focus spec, than to give it to a stand-alone skill that doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.